To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Transfers Gameweek 2 - Sat 17 Aug 11:30

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Owsler
Dumbledore

Re: Transfers Gameweek 2 - Sat 17 Aug 11:30

Post by Owsler »

After moving to in to Sunday with 76 and 3 attacking players left to go I'm a little disappointed with 88. Things to consider:

1. Move out one of Perez, Trossard or Pulisic and risk them punishing my lack of patience. McGinn is a good shout.
2. Spread the risk when it comes to Liverpool defenders and do Robertson/TAA --> Wan-Bissaka
3. Roll

Tempted by 2, but feel I should just go with 3.

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Would prefer to wait a week, but Bernardo Silva's no show has thrown a spanner in the works of an otherwise good gameweek. His price is definitely going to fall, possibly by .2m, after a total surprise benching.

I feel like I need to do Bernardo Silva -> Martial, to avoid the value drops/rises.

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Thinking moura to pulisic

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

Spreadsheet
FISOhead
FS Record: SDT Mini League Maestro - 5 wins and 3 Runners Up in 9 years. Never made it on the biggest stage though. I'm the DT David Bentley.

Only one FPL campaign (18/19) under my belt. Nothing spectacular.

Post by Spreadsheet »

Unlike some, I still have faith in Perez.

Don’t have Bilva but, muscular strain aside, I think he’s a certain starter next game, but I get the price drop fears.

I’m prepared to stick with Zouma and hope that Frank does likewise as their next few fixtures could see some much needed improvement in the Goals Against column and therefore some points for me.

I could roll therefore but fancy Martial to outscore Moura over the next few GWs so I’m tempted to follow the crowd on that and avoid any price fallout between the two of them. Or could bank the transfer and try to upgrade Wilson to Rashford by downgrading (!) Zouma to someone like Diop or Dunk.

Hotpot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotpot »

Tall Paul wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 19:13 Tempted to do Moura :arrow: Martial
I made a mental note to try to avoid taking hits and to roll transfers as much as possible this season. Despite that, I've already done Moura :arrow: Martial.

Now I know if I'm to get Son for GW3 as planned it will require a hit.

I couldn't help myself. :|

MinimalFuss
Kevin and Perry

Post by MinimalFuss »

I'd like martial but siggy is the only obvious person to shift and he looked really good.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Hotpot wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 19:12
Tall Paul wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 19:13 Tempted to do Moura :arrow: Martial
I made a mental note to try to avoid taking hits and to roll transfers as much as possible this season. Despite that, I've already done Moura :arrow: Martial.

Now I know if I'm to get Son for GW3 as planned it will require a hit.

I couldn't help myself. :|
I've already done it as well :D

Edwaardz
Treebeard

Post by Edwaardz »

Jota > Maupay.

MinimalFuss
Kevin and Perry

Post by MinimalFuss »

Edwaardz wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 20:12 Jota > Maupay.
Jota played well!

Ladotelli
Wideboy
FS Record: 13894

Post by Ladotelli »

Unless you absolutely have to (Alisson) owners. I think using a transfer now is always ill advised, likelihood is we get a far better picture of who the best options will be after two GWs. I'm going to roll and wait and see what emerges this week.

Curwinkle
FISOhead

Post by Curwinkle »

BHAs manager has been quoted as saying Trossard was unlucky not to start but felt Gross' experience in a tough away game was better suited. Sounds like he's going to be rotated. I'm going to hold onto him and start him again this week and roll the transfer

escape_to_victory
FISOhead

Post by escape_to_victory »

My planned transfer was always Moura Martial but not 100% sure on this even though Martial delivered points.

I went for Moura as a cheaper alternative to Kane as a route into the Spurs attack for villa but now Kane has delivered big. If I want Kane Sterling and Salah I will probably have to downgrade my 7.5 spot.

I didn’t watch the Spurs game but by all accounts they weren’t great until Eriksen came on (and they changed shape?).

Kane was the first player on my team sheet when the prices came out but I wanted Sterling and Salah and with all three there were too many sacrifices to be made (for me, at least, until some value players start to emerge). And there were doubts about which Kane we were going to get, deeper role etc. And with Son out and Moura often further forward and doing well in preseason he seemed like a no-brainer, especially with City GW2 and more swap options for Moura.

I’m tempted by McGinn with Villa’s fixtures now as a route to Kane but it’s very early days. Is Kane the Kane of years past? Is he playing deeper? Does it matter if he anonymous for most of the game? I’ve seen this before from him many times and then he’ll bang in a couple of goals.

I’m tempted to wait another week and then use my two frees which gives me a bit more time but then, of course, there are price rises to consider. And I’m not sure how much City v Spurs will tell us anyhow.

Anyways, all this is stopping me going for my planned Moura Martial so I have two frees next week and more info/flexibility.

Also, I know it’s only been one game but I feel like I’ve made mistakes already (in terms of thinking). I didn’t buy into all the Bournemouth fixture hype as Bournemouth’s results have been somewhat unpredictable in the past and with the price increases there isn’t the same value obvs (although I did take King and Rico). I’m giving FPL less thought this year and went for Vardy instead of Wilson. The reason being that despite their fixtures I really like the look of Leicester this year as a top 6 and Vardy’s stats have almost been inverted - he has done well against the big teams. I know it’s only been one game but I’m starting to think that this was a mistake. Roger’s teams are possession based and Vardy doing well under him last year maybe more down to still transitioning from Puel’s system and the new manager bounce as Ruth NZ excellently predicted (kudos!!!). Vardy has done well against big teams because he is good on the counter. What are people’s thoughts on Vardy? I know he wasn’t popular on these boards. Why? This was a game I missed. How was the transition? Are Leicester looking to get Vardy away early despite the focus on possession football?

I also went for Perez because for me he looked like excellent value. I knew going for two Leicester with their fixture run was a risk but as I said, I like the look of Leicester this year and Perez looked like great value and I love an OOP! Sounds like he was a bit anonymous?

What are people’s thoughts on Lingard? He is technically OOP too in that “interchangeable” front three and 6.5. I thought he played well but looked a lot deeper to me than Martial and Rashford. I didn’t think Martial had a great game so it’s hard to pick a player who didn’t impress you but then he was in forward positions and could end up being a great fantasy pick. But could Lingard be the beta option? There are still a lot of questions marks with Chelsea for me to pick Barclay yet but I did think he played quite well.

I watched three games this weekend and both MOTDs but still feel lost.

I do like the look of Walker though. With no Mendy and Mr backpass Zinchenko Pep could be focusing on the other side. And with two Liverpool defenders looking a little risky now (I know it’s only one game lol but Gomez and TAA left a lot of space and now Alisson is out) and so I’m tempted to downgrade one of TAA/Robinson to Walker if he can also deliver going forward like they both do. That could be a route to Kane but maybe Kane is fools gold with Eriksen potentially going and a change in shape/tactics? I don’t know - really interested in your thoughts boys.

Also interested to see any teams with KDB/Salah/Sterling and Kane. Can it be done?!

As said, probs prudent to wait but Moura Martial still very much on the cards given I would be priced out of a straight swap and Spurs play City. Although also in the back of my mind is the Moura hatrick against City in the Champions League and Man U v Wolves away isn’t the easiest of fixtures.

Early days I suppose.

Sorry for the long post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superclarets
Treebeard

Post by superclarets »

Also interested to see any teams with KDB/Salah/Sterling and Kane. Can it be done?!

I managed it. Scored 93 this week but I was unlucky as Greenwood was my first sub and with Camarasa not playing if i’d have ordered my subs better (my fault) I would have had an extra 11 points from Dunk. Dendoncker also started for me and had what looked a good goal ruled out.
Rest of my team is
Pope / Button
TAA / VVD / Rico / Kelly / Dunk
Dendoncker / Camarasa
King / Greenwood

Just need to decide to bring in Aubameyang for Kane in GW2 and switch back GW3 or whether I roll over transfers - favouring the latter at the minute.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Transfers Gameweek 2 - Sat 17 Aug 11:30

Post by jacksosi »

escape_to_victory wrote: As said, probs prudent to wait but Moura Image Martial still very much on the cards given I would be priced out of a straight swap and Spurs play City. Although also in the back of my mind is the Moura hatrick against City in the Champions League and Man U v Wolves away isn’t the easiest of fixtures.
I have the same transfer lined up, and the same reservations.

If I stick, Martial scores well and Moura blanks and I berate myself for not sticking to my plan and making the obvious move.

If I twist, Moura grabs a couple and MOTM, and Martial blanks

Aargh.

The other option is Wood (ars) Image Pukki (NEW)...but similar doubts plague me.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Re: Transfers Gameweek 2 -v Sat 17 Aug 11:30

Post by Hotstepper »

Is flipping Kane and Auby over weeks 1-3 a bit indulgent, considering I have other players eg zouma, barkley I could address instead?

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC Lions 2nd in League of Leagues Triumph. Draft FPL/TFF Combo League Winner 2018-19

Post by sibrown4 »

jacksosi wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 10:17
escape_to_victory wrote: As said, probs prudent to wait but Moura Image Martial still very much on the cards given I would be priced out of a straight swap and Spurs play City. Although also in the back of my mind is the Moura hatrick against City in the Champions League and Man U v Wolves away isn’t the easiest of fixtures.

The other option is Wood (ars) Image Pukki (NEW)...but similar doubts plague me.

Has this love for Wood come out of meaningless warm up games where he scored a few? Burnley fans will recall The Juke also having a great pre-season and then went on to draw a blank in the regular season. N if it’s a Wood v Pukki thing it’s the Finn everytime for me. No question.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Hotstepper wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 10:38 Is flipping Kane and Auby over weeks 1-3 a bit indulgent, considering I have other players eg zouma, barkley I could address instead?
Yes.

Auba for GW1 then Kane for 3 is one thing, but 2 transfers on this is a tad daft, imho.

bristolciteh
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Somewhat absymal.

Post by bristolciteh »

sibrown4 wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 10:44

Has this love for Wood come out of meaningless warm up games where he scored a few? Burnley fans will recall The Juke also having a great pre-season and then went on to draw a blank in the regular season. N if it’s a Wood v Pukki thing it’s the Finn everytime for me. No question.
I've been burnt by pre-season before - the season that sticks in the mind is when Darren Bent couldn't stop scoring for Spurs in pre-season, then promptly forgot where the goal was completely for the season.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

If anything it's Moura to Martial because if I don't do it now it will not be in gw3 at home to Newcastle

Think we are a better team and I think Moura is the better player so not sure over the long run. Tempted to wait as I held .5 itb. Son is back but I kind of expect Moura and Son to play whilst Ali out . Tough decision. Ideally I want Son but martial could eventually be more a threat in terms of top 10 k ownership.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

It's probably also because Wood has hit double figures in the PL in both of the last two seasons. Comparisons with Juke are ridiculous.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

blahblah wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 10:44
Hotstepper wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 10:38 Is flipping Kane and Auby over weeks 1-3 a bit indulgent, considering I have other players eg zouma, barkley I could address instead?
Yes.

Auba for GW1 then Kane for 3 is one thing, but 2 transfers on this is a tad daft, imho.
Also dangerous territory selling Kane when he's just scored a double and punctured the Doesn't Score in August myth.

"Kane just can't stop scoring in August" I would hear the commentator say as I shouted expletives at the TV.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Hotstepper wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 11:58
blahblah wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 10:44
Yes.

Also dangerous territory selling Kane when he's just scored a double and punctured the Doesn't Score in August myth.

"Kane just can't stop scoring in August" I would hear the commentator say as I shouted expletives at the TV.

😂😂😂

I'm sure there will be CL revenge with Pep going for Spurs, which may leave Citeh a bit open atb, but more for the pacier players?

GW3 could be a bit if a haul though?

Just A Kiwi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Just A Kiwi »

Tall Paul wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 11:20

It's probably also because Wood has hit double figures in the PL in both of the last two seasons. Comparisons with Juke are ridiculous.

Burnley have signed J-Rod now and with Barnes in scoring nick Id stay away from Wood without doubt. Pleased to see Pukki still flying under the radar.

thelimey
Treebeard

Post by thelimey »

Going to roll. Having second thoughts about Wilson, Perez, Murray and Robertson (with GK issues) but all deserve at least another week.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Just A Kiwi wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 12:14Burnley have signed J-Rod now and with Barnes in scoring nick Id stay away from Wood without doubt. Pleased to see Pukki still flying under the radar.
Wood is still our best striker and I expect him to start most games and finish the season as our top scorer.

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

S_sutton87 wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 17:58 Thinking moura to pulisic

I was going to do this, but now undecided whether to leave it a week and do King -> Rashford instead (Would Rashford Martial & Greenwood be OTT?)

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

thelimey wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 12:38 Going to roll. Having second thoughts about Wilson, Perez, Murray and Robertson (with GK issues) but all deserve at least another week.
Im same as you, Fraser, Barkley, Perez and Wilson all deserve one more week, before i use 2 FT to ship 2 out

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

wonkypenguin wrote:
S_sutton87 wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 17:58 Thinking moura to pulisic

I was going to do this, but now undecided whether to leave it a week and do King -> Rashford instead (Would Rashford Martial & Greenwood be OTT?)
Already have rashford and greenwood and think pulisic will be a guaranteed starter now

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Hotstepper wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 11:58 Also dangerous territory selling Kane when he's just scored a double and punctured the Doesn't Score in August myth.
He punctured that last season. Most people seem to have forgotten.

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

S_sutton87 wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 13:10
and think pulisic will be a guaranteed starter now
Who makes way in the starting lineup? He came on for Barkley on Sunday but do you think he starts instead of him or Mount?

Barkley is possible transfer out for me - I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt until the weekend in the hope that he is preferred over Mount (or Pedro)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”