To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Seeing Gameweek Transfers of other teams

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
backhouse21
Wideboy

Seeing Gameweek Transfers of other teams

Post by backhouse21 »

Anyone else noticed that this feature has gone? Or is it only because it's week 1? In previous years you were able to see how many transfers someone else had made leading up to the next gameweek.

backhouse21
Wideboy

Re: Seeing Gameweek Transfers of other teams

Post by backhouse21 »

ok I've just seen on another thread that this is visible from next week :mrgreen:

germainelefoe
Red & Blue Braces

Post by germainelefoe »

The whole website is fked

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

There’s loads not right. Monthly league scores in the mini leagues is another notable omission.

Edit. Just seen the explanation of how the FH chip works.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

backhouse21 wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 21:38 ok I've just seen on another thread that this is visible from next week :mrgreen:
Damn, that's a shame. I was hoping that this would be a permanent feature. I don't think it is very good that you can see when rivals have made transfers and the respective value changes as it allows you to have a decent guess at what they have done, (likewise them with you). I think in the Ville thread the chosen transfer was often predicted accurately or narrowed down to one of two options quite often. That is not ideal as the idea is surely for you to have as little information about what your opponents are doing to maximise the skill edge one can have.

Ladotelli
Wideboy
FS Record: 13894

Post by Ladotelli »

ajcairns wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 21:41 There’s loads not right. Monthly league scores in the mini leagues is another notable omission.

Edit. Just seen the explanation of how the FH chip works.

Do you think thats going to come back? The cash league I am in with my mates we do a manager of the month, its quite handy to be able to see clearly where you are.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

ajcairns wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 21:41 There’s loads not right. Monthly league scores in the mini leagues is another notable omission.
There's loads missing, I wonder are they bugs, or deliberate omissions.
Maybe they decided the site offered STILL "too many" features, confusing the over 5M casual shallow superficial players.
And took away a few

for instance
when looking at a big league standings, you could see your own team at the bottom (or at the top) if it wasn't in the displayed page
now it's not there anymore
and it's not even highlighted in the page where it's displayed

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

MoSe wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 09:02
There's loads missing, I wonder are they bugs, or deliberate omissions.
Maybe they decided the site offered STILL "too many" features, confusing the over 5M casual shallow superficial players.
And took away a few

for instance
when looking at a big league standings, you could see your own team at the bottom (or at the top) if it wasn't in the displayed page
now it's not there anymore
and it's not even highlighted in the page where it's displayed
The example you give would surely appeal more to the casual though (as they may well be well down the rankings) so makes no sense that that is the reason. The website has been at least partially re-done but i think somethings have just been missed.

One of the most simple but frustrating problems is that when you load a new page it sees to put you at the foot of the page and you have to scroll up! madness.

SteveieB123
Red & Blue Braces

Post by SteveieB123 »

backhouse21 wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 21:38 ok I've just seen on another thread that this is visible from next week :mrgreen:
Pretty sure it's looking like a permanent thing tbh.

I have to admit, there is one guy in my league I could nearly always tell who he had brought in and it used to infuriate him (and was hilarious for me!!)

Chiptastic
Wideboy

Post by Chiptastic »

Really annoyed that this feature has disappeared! I’m sure many of my cash league opponents didn’t know about it :(

Its removal will also contribute to earlier price rises (which is worse for everyone) as people won’t have the incentive of waiting to use transfers until the others in your league have.

*off to tweet at FPL*

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

I suppose I should have clocked the likelihood of this last week, but the removal of viewing of other teams' transfer activity seems now to have been accompanied by the removal of the "view transfer history" facility for teams other than one's own. Or am I missing something?

You can of course compare rivals' teams for last week and this week visually, but it's a bit tedious...

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Yeah, is this a bug or has it happened by design? Hopefully the former.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I think this is a "feature".

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

There's nothing in the underling data showing the transfers either, the url would have been:

Code: Select all

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/api/entry/{teamId}/transfers/
Based on the URLs from last season, but that just returns empty data now. That might mean the data has been deliberately removed.

MTPockets
Treebeard

Post by MTPockets »

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

In fact, thanks to Talkie Toaster for pointing this out, it seems that the API url I posted above does indeed work as do the pages posted by MTPockets, so:

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/1/transfers

Works

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Are most people on here not happy about this then? I think it's excellent that rivals don't get to see when I've done a transfer and the possibility of what that transfer may be.

Basically if there are two managers in the game, one is strong and the other is weak, it is not helpful for the strong manager to have an idea of what the weak manager has done, he shouldn't care what the weak manager is deciding to do as his decision is going to be a better one. However the weak manager does gain by having some slight information about what the strong manager has chosen, and he can use that knowledge to copy the stronger manager and unfairly do better against him than he 'deserves' to.

So essentially if you believe in your ability, and think you are a better FPL manager than your rivals, you should be welcoming this change, if indeed it is a permanent change and not a glitch of course.

Chiptastic
Wideboy

Post by Chiptastic »

But in H2H leagues it’s really useful to see how many points your opponent has spent on a transfer.

Hotpot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotpot »

If you log out and then log back in the Transfer and Finance section of other peoples teams is now there.

:D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”