To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

So what have we learnt so far?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Re: So what have we learnt so far?

Post by sorbiegunner »

de Gea made the most saves of any premiership keeper this weekend by almost double (7 to 4 for Fabianski and Krull) so Chelsea can't be as bad as the scoreline would tend to suggest.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

admin wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 20:58 Kyle Walker fastest full-back (player?) in the Premier League (top speed recorded at 22 mph).
The run he made to get on the ball for his assist would certainly give that impression.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Beerfuelledman wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 12:21
admin wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 19:43 If Spurs sell Eriksen to Real in the next month then Kane's goals might dry up. Without Eriksen (and Son) they struggled to break down Villa.
I think it was the formation change as much as the introduction of Eriksen that helped.
DAREEL wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 21:52 Lamela is still not fit to play for my club
Dont understand that Dareel; always puts his heart in and it was his tenacity that directly led to Kane putting us 2-1 up.
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/08/10/t ... inst-asto/

:lol:

HungryHungrySuarez
Red & Blue Braces

Post by HungryHungrySuarez »

Do we think mount is possibly ahead of Barkley in that team now? Neither did a lot, but I feel Barkley doesn't suit a wider role and they can't both play centrally.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

DAREEL wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 22:31
admin wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 19:43 If Spurs sell Eriksen to Real in the next month then Kane's goals might dry up. Without Eriksen (and Son) they struggled to break down Villa.
I think it was the formation change as much as the introduction of Eriksen that helped.
Dont understand that Dareel; always puts his heart in and it was his tenacity that directly led to Kane putting us 2-1 up.

That link, in addition to Spurs "fans" complaining about him also links to his performance measurements on Whoscored.com which for me paints a statistcally different picture. Im not saying he's my choice for the first XI, but he doesnt deserve the lambasting he gets IMHO.

Lamela.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

megadyl
FISOhead

Post by megadyl »

HungryHungrySuarez wrote:Do we think mount is possibly ahead of Barkley in that team now? Neither did a lot, but I feel Barkley doesn't suit a wider role and they can't both play centrally.

I thought Barkley was Chelsea’s best player by some distance and am seriously considering getting him in my team now. He seemed to me to be involved in anything good they did in the first 60 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Beerfuelledman wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 12:04
DAREEL wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 22:31

That link, in addition to Spurs "fans" complaining about him also links to his performance measurements on Whoscored.com which for me paints a statistcally different picture. Im not saying he's my choice for the first XI, but he doesnt deserve the lambasting he gets IMHO.

Lamela.png
Fair enough mate. I'm not really into stats as much as they don't tell a story.. I just don't think he's good enough personally but it's subjective

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

I think Moura and Lamela both suffer from the age old issue that non-regular players do;

When they get a chance (in the team), desperate to impress, they invariably choose the wrong option (shooting when they should pass).

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Eriksen and Son will replace Lamela and Moura soon anyway

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Luggs
Kevin and Perry

Post by Luggs »

megadyl wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 12:08
HungryHungrySuarez wrote: I thought Barkley was Chelsea’s best player by some distance and am seriously considering getting him in my team now. He seemed to me to be involved in anything good they did in the first 60 minutes.
58 minutes godamnit

thelimey
Treebeard

Post by thelimey »

Looks like there are points in the Brighton attack but not only do we need to see how things shake up in terms of a settled starting lineup but Potter is known for making big tactical and formation changes in game, so we could see the starters consistently subbed off.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

thelimey wrote:Looks like there are points in the Brighton attack but not only do we need to see how things shake up in terms of a settled starting lineup but Potter is known for making big tactical and formation changes in game, so we could see the starters consistently subbed off.
If Trossard is actually played that would be great.

Sent from my modern brick using Tikitakatalk

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

I've learnt that some Fiso posters form opinions based on ludicrously insufficient evidence. :wink:

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Striker wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 16:06 I've learnt that some Fiso posters form opinions based on ludicrously insufficient evidence. :wink:
It’s uncanny how people can throw out about 4 weeks of planning and countless discussions about stats and heat maps and scrutiny of pre-season match reports. All blown out of the water after 90 minutes of action.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Zimmerman wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 17:48
Striker wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 16:06 I've learnt that some Fiso posters form opinions based on ludicrously insufficient evidence. :wink:
It’s uncanny how people can throw out about 4 weeks of planning and countless discussions about stats and heat maps and scrutiny of pre-season match reports. All blown out of the water after 90 minutes of action.
I agree. Watford and Southampton are not suddenly miles worse than Burnley and Brighton for example.

The learning at this point is surely who is playing, and what position wtc

HungryHungrySuarez
Red & Blue Braces

Post by HungryHungrySuarez »

Luggs wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 13:55
HungryHungrySuarez wrote: I thought Barkley was Chelsea’s best player by some distance and am seriously considering getting him in my team now. He seemed to me to be involved in anything good they did in the first 60 minutes.
58 minutes godamnit
True... But I also didn't write that 8-)

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”