To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

So what have we learnt so far?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

I'll start us off with ....

1. Mo Salah looks to be on form (great finish, good touches/passes, nice corners from the left).
2. Liverpool defence looks vulnerable as per pre-season conceding a very high 11 shots on goal & Norwich could easily have scored more than 1. Plus Alisson probably out for 3 to 5 weeks (my guess). What's Klopp going to do to reduce shots against?
3. Adrian at 4.5m a replacement for Alisson but what about 2 above.
4. Norwich look like they have the attacking ability to beat mid/lower table clubs but could concede big against the top attacking teams. Wasn't easy for them after the horrendous 1st goal.
5. Origi played well on the left but Mane showed he is way more dangerous during his cameo.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Re: So what have we learnt so far?

Post by raoul »

1. The new law that allows GK to pass to defenders in the box, right in front of goal, is asking for trouble
2. Pukki is going to score a lot of goals
3. Norwich have 2 injured CB and bought virtually nobody in the window so are there for the taking for a few weeks
4. Norwich will make a lot of money when they inevitably sell their decent youngsters (full backs, Cantwell) for £40m each (their new value, based purely on last night, in today's mad world)

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

raoul wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 09:21 1. The new law that allows GK to pass to defenders in the box, right in front of goal, is asking for trouble
Unless you're Man City. Their possession % will increase.

megadyl
FISOhead

Post by megadyl »

My main reflections I think were that Klopp needs to get Matip back in ASAP (from the point of view of football not fantasy) and Pukki might be someone to bring in at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

In the first half Robertson played like Alonso. He had a few shots, he made central runs into the box, and hung around just outside the box. Origi went wide to allow this. I hope he keeps doing it.

Sent from my modern brick using Tikitakatalk

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

math! wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 09:36 Origi went wide to allow this.
I can't see Mané being as accommodating.

MinimalFuss
Kevin and Perry

Post by MinimalFuss »

Norwich looked really good.

3 of those Liverpool goals were silly silly mistakes, considering their first and second choice CBs are out, if they keep playing like that they'll be fine this year.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Bilva is not necessarily a good cheap alternative to KDB
VAR is very annoying rubbish. Offside by a ba’ hair. Missed penalties retaken for encroachment. Will they make them retake an attacking encroachment too?
Sterling looks like a decent pick.

zalk
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 2197

Post by zalk »

Mo Bot wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 14:35 Bilva is not necessarily a good cheap alternative to KDB
VAR is very annoying rubbish. Offside by a ba’ hair. Missed penalties retaken for encroachment. Will they make them retake an attacking encroachment too?
I always thought it went like this. A penalty will be retaken if:
- An attacking player is violating a rule when the penalty is scored.
- A defending player is violating a rule when the penalty is missed.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Sterling, Salah and Kane are beasts.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

If Spurs sell Eriksen to Real in the next month then Kane's goals might dry up. Without Eriksen (and Son) they struggled to break down Villa.

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

I can only talk about the two games i watched :
- Pukki definitely looking good. Didn’t include him in my GW1 team because of his fixture but he just confirmed his potential.
- TAA and Robertson picked up from where they left last season. Ok Liverpool’s defence was shaky but these two are almost worth owning for their attacking point potential alone.
- Salah lively and confident.
- Mahrez looking very good as well. With Sane out he’ll get much more minutes this year normally. Disappointed about Bilva’s no show but all of City’s attacking options will be rotated at some point. I guess Guardiola did not think he was needed to beat West Ham, as the result has shown.
- Sterling obviously was at his best.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

admin wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 09:13 I'll start us off with ....

1. Mo Salah looks to be on form (great finish, good touches/passes, nice corners from the left).
2. Liverpool defence looks vulnerable as per pre-season conceding a very high 11 shots on goal & Norwich could easily have scored more than 1. Plus Alisson probably out for 3 to 5 weeks (my guess). What's Klopp going to do to reduce shots against?
3. Adrian at 4.5m a replacement for Alisson but what about 2 above.
4. Norwich look like they have the attacking ability to beat mid/lower table clubs but could concede big against the top attacking teams. Wasn't easy for them after the horrendous 1st goal.
5. Origi played well on the left but Mane showed he is way more dangerous during his cameo.
Robbo needs Mane on the left as opposed to Origi

Lamela is still not fit to play for my club

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Mo Bot wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 14:35Missed penalties retaken for encroachment. Will they make them retake an attacking encroachment too?
I think the only reason it was retaken was because the player who cleared the ball after it was saved had encroached. I would imagine if there's an attacking encroachment it'll only be retaken if it's saved and the encroaching player scored the rebound (or passes it for another player to score).

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

14 posts and no one has mentioned Brighton

Who were excellent

Montoya and Muapay

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Mo Bot wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 14:35 Bilva is not necessarily a good cheap alternative to KDB
Like I said in TRK, your problem seems to be with the strictness of the offside rule, and not with VAR, whose job is to detect those gaps with swiftness.
I for one am favorable towards the adoption of a margin of error, but until then you can't blame VAR for minimal offsides.
If you are annoyed by hair thread offsides, try to remember how annoying it was to have offsides called when the attacker was before the defender, even though linesman were supposed not to give the call when in doubt.
People seem to forget that wrong offsides were given for fun.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

VAR (in its current form) will suck the soul from the game.

Television > Sport

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

admin wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 19:43 If Spurs sell Eriksen to Real in the next month then Kane's goals might dry up. Without Eriksen (and Son) they struggled to break down Villa.
I think it was the formation change as much as the introduction of Eriksen that helped.
DAREEL wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 21:52 Lamela is still not fit to play for my club
Dont understand that Dareel; always puts his heart in and it was his tenacity that directly led to Kane putting us 2-1 up.

Fuzz
FISOhead
FS Record: 579th in FPL 2014/15

Post by Fuzz »

Chelsea look like they’ll struggle.

MinimalFuss
Kevin and Perry

Post by MinimalFuss »

Fuzz wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 18:23 Chelsea look like they’ll struggle.
What game did you watch?

Chelsea were on top for 60mins, hit the post twice, then it all fell apart. They'll be fine in the long run.
Emerson looks very attacking, had 3 or 4 decent shots, worth keeping an eye on.

Man Utd are trying to play their old counter-attacking style, defend deep then break fast on the counter.
Man Utd attack looks very good.
Man Utd defence looks awful, I wouldn't expect them to keep many clean sheets.
Martial No9 very interesting!

Fuzz
FISOhead
FS Record: 579th in FPL 2014/15

Post by Fuzz »

MinimalFuss wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 18:28
What game did you watch?
The game where they got hammered 4-0 by an average United team.

They just looked very vulnerable on the counter and I don’t see who is going to score enough goals for them.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

United's defence should improve in the next weeks. Individually, they have some really good players (AWB, Maguire, Lindelof, Ddg). It all depends on how Ole sets them up

TKDTrev
FISOhead

Post by TKDTrev »

What game did you watch?

Chelsea were on top for 60mins, hit the post twice, then it all fell apart. They'll be fine in the long run.

Man Utd are trying to play their old counter-attacking style, defend deep then break fast on the counter.

Man united were phenomenal in defence today. Bar the two punt shots from Abraham and Emerson. AWB, Lindelof and Maguire were rock solid. Defo will double their clean sheet total this year.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

DDG is back!

Great option at 5.5 if UTD keep allowing the opp the ball around the area for long range shots

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Beerfuelledman wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 12:21
Dont understand that Dareel; always puts his heart in and it was his tenacity that directly led to Kane putting us 2-1 up.
It's as if Lamela is just too talented that he has to go for the outrageous shot/pass too often.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Worst signing of the Summer -Jose Mourinho.

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

What game did you watch?

Zouma out of his depth, takes too long to sort out his feet. Rudiger should be back soon.

Jorginho plays too many sideways/ backwards hospital balls, hopefully he won't get much game time with Kante fit.

It all fell apart when Barkley went off, obviously he was covering an area of the pitch that Pulisic didn't.

Mount looks assured, should grow into the role.

Different game (possibly) if Abraham's shot went in, definitely a goal scorer, but needs to prove it at this level, if he only gets one chance then it needs to hit the back of the net, not the post, the margins are that fine.

Still looking like a team that can compete, but need one (or more) moment(s) of individual brilliance to make a break through in the tightest games (which won't necessarily be against the big boys) as team play doesn't appear to be creating real chances.

A lot to like about much of today's game, let's see what Frank learns from it, same starting 11 next time and it'll be nothing.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Kyle Walker fastest full-back (player?) in the Premier League (top speed recorded at 22 mph).

Mkhitaryan and Pedro must have a low percentage pass completion stat.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Beerfuelledman wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 12:21
admin wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 19:43 If Spurs sell Eriksen to Real in the next month then Kane's goals might dry up. Without Eriksen (and Son) they struggled to break down Villa.
I think it was the formation change as much as the introduction of Eriksen that helped.

Spurs fans have always been split with Lamela mate. I'm not a fan. Oddly enough he got a 5 out of 10 in one player rating site.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

What game did you watch?

Chelsea just fell apart. UTD got them at a lucky time with no Kante,Rudiger and a brand new pulisic. The score flattered UTD. I can see them losing a few this year for sure

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”