To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Robertson / TAA

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Robbo Vs Alexander-Arnold

Robertson
38%
TAA
32%
Both
23%
Neither
8%

Total votes: 117

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Robertson / TAA

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Bit of a dilemma, which one, or both?

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Robertson / TAA

Post by cesc408 »

I had Robertson from the start last season and I'm going for him again. The lack of competition swings it for me. Although TAA is on set pieces his place in the side seems that little bit more questionable with Gomez back from injury, especially if Matip starts at CB.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

I'm starting with TAA, can't see him being dropped for the start of the season, and with the favourable fixtures I think they'll want his attacking threat and he could easily haul against the likes of Norwich, Southampton, Newcastle etc.

If he does start to miss out then it's a straigt swap to Robertson.

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

Both was the two first picks in my team.

goooner
Red & Blue Braces

Post by goooner »

Both, pretty easy picks.
I expect TAA to get more rotated then Robertson and also get taken of around 70th minutes. But TAA is on Set piece so will probably end up at almost the same points
If for example Van Dijk scores, thats a high chance that TAA gets the assist ;)

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

Considering a Liverpool block defence for the first 4 or so games before wildcarding. TAA (or Robertson) plus VVD plus Gomez.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Even if you don't particularly want them, you almost have to have them for dare I say coverage. Their quality and their attractive fixtures mean we want 3 Liverpool players. Attacking wise, most have Salah but there are doubts about Firmino and Mane and nobody really wants Keita, Fabinho, Henderson, Milner, Shaqiri, Origi or Wijnaldum. Defensively, VVD appeals too but his partner is uncertain. Allison is another option but the price without attacking returns is offputting.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

I think TAA is a bigger must have than last season as he will start most games and hopefully if there only 1-0 up after 60-70 mins he can be the one to come off for Gomez with clean sheet points intact.
Or if Gomez gets CB postion he could bring Matip on amd just move gomez RB.

I had TAA and Robertonson most of last season and will be the same again this year.
Id love to have VVD as well, but unfortuanlty i cant not have Salah as he be top points scorer again this season

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL Best 5,025 (16/17)

Post by I Am Ville »

I can’t seem to afford both so VVD and Robertson for me, although might chisel .5 from somewhere

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Stevieste wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 22:24 I think TAA is a bigger must have than last season as he will start most games and hopefully if there only 1-0 up after 60-70 mins he can be the one to come off for Gomez with clean sheet points intact.

I had TAA and Robertonson most of last season and will be the same again this year.
Id love to have VVD as well, but unfortuanlty i cant not have Salah as he be top points scorer again this season
Agree with this but that will also hinder his bonus points potential where as last season Robbo got bonus 3 fairly regularly and was more often when they played away

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

Right now I am on a liverpool triple defence. TAA, Robbo and VvD are all in my team atm. Am I totally stupid?

I motivate it like this: Robbo and Vvd both had more than 200p last season. TAA would easily had if he would have played more (185p in 2460 minutes). Aubameyang had 205p and was actually outscored by Robbo and VvD. And he scored the most goals in the league (along Mane and Salah). Conclusion: I just find more value in the liveprool defence. Auba cost 3 million more than Robbo and TAA and 3.5 more than Van Dijk. I just can't see theese three players not make up for their prices.

Strikers/midfielders in the same price bracket just won't score this well. This is where to put the money imo.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Klopp-o-matic wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 22:53 Right now I am on a liverpool triple defence. TAA, Robbo and VvD are all in my team atm. Am I totally stupid?

I motivate it like this: Robbo and Vvd both had more than 200p last season. TAA would easily had if he would have played more (185p in 2460 minutes). Aubameyang had 205p and was actually outscored by Robbo and VvD. And he scored the most goals in the league (along Mane and Salah). Conclusion: I just find more value in the liveprool defence. Auba cost 3 million more than Robbo and TAA and 3.5 more than Van Dijk. I just can't see theese three players not make up for their prices.

Strikers/midfielders in the same price bracket just won't score this well. This is where to put the money imo.
Sane here with Laporte, Sterling and KdB for the same reason ie I expect 200+ for KdB and Sterling to get close to 250, with Laporte their only banker defender being similar to last season...

For me it's about maxing out points from those 2 Clubs until good cheapies emerge.

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

Blah

Ye the only reason to not triple up on liverpool defence imo is if you want Salah/Mane (or Firmino, Hendo, Wijna or whatever). But I decided to make Sterling (C) my big gun so no need for that.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Yep.

I'm a bit surprised it"s not more popular. I'm not big on season estimates as there are injuries and we have Transfers.... but KdB must top 200 if he is close to what he was before last season and only 9.5m 😱

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

blahblah wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 22:59
Klopp-o-matic wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 22:53 Right now I am on a liverpool triple defence. TAA, Robbo and VvD are all in my team atm. Am I totally stupid?

Sane here with Laporte, Sterling and KdB for the same reason ie I expect 200+ for KdB and Sterling to get close to 250, with Laporte their only banker defender being similar to last season...

For me it's about maxing out points from those 2 Clubs until good cheapies emerge.
Isnt Lapirte injured btw?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Nah had a lil rest and back in training - allegedly, apparently etc.

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

blahblah wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 23:27 Nah had a lil rest and back in training - allegedly, apparently etc.
So Blah what do we do with our triple Liverpool defence now when Alisson is injured...? (Hes a goalie that could haved stopped the goal, i.e. being the difference for a lot of cs).

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Klopp-o-matic wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 00:33
blahblah wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 23:27 Nah had a lil rest and back in training - allegedly, apparently etc.
So Blah what do we do with our triple Liverpool defence now when Alisson is injured...? (Hes a goalie that could haved stopped the goal, i.e. being the difference for a lot of cs).
It's concerning but a small problem compared to the changes that will need to be made when tomorrow's results don't go to plan.

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

Football Hero wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 01:08
Klopp-o-matic wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 00:33
It's concerning but a small problem compared to the changes that will need to be made when tomorrow's results don't go to plan.
pls tell me more about that?

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

Robertson == TAA

They are very much equivalent. Any difference is well within the margin of pure luck.

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

Stu

After watching the game today I expect TAA to get more offensive return that generates more points in FPL. He looked more edgy offensively and also on some set pieces. If people is chosing between one of them, I'll definetaly recommend TAA.

TheCrystalBall
Treebeard

Post by TheCrystalBall »

TAA has no positional sense defensively, he struggled last night when Norwich were attracting. I’d expect him to be rotated more often than Robertson so maybe the points balance out over the season

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

Klopp-o-matic wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 02:15 Stu

After watching the game today I expect TAA to get more offensive return that generates more points in FPL. He looked more edgy offensively and also on some set pieces. If people is chosing between one of them, I'll definetaly recommend TAA.
1 in 6 games TAA will sit on the bench as Klopp uses James Milner to cover that role because Milner is defensively much more aware and doesn’t get dragged away.
Milner doesn’t play against the bottom 6. TAA does. For the bigger fixtures TAA is as low as 70/30 on starting.

Robertson always starts as he is excellent at transitioning from possession to defence.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

TAA absolutely had more attacking threat than Robertson down the stretch last year. I expect that to continue this year. He seems more attacking from open play and he gets a bunch of set pieces.

TAA played the 2nd leg of the CL semifinal and the CL final, so I don’t buy the idea that Klopp won’t trust him. Klopp played Gomez at RB in the 1st leg of the CL semifinal and they shipped 3 to Barca.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

TheCrystalBall wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 03:21 ,he struggled last night when Norwich were attracting.
Top typo 😎

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Stevieste wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 22:24 I think TAA is a bigger must have than last season as he will start most games and hopefully if there only 1-0 up after 60-70 mins he can be the one to come off for Gomez with clean sheet points intact.

An unlikely scenario (i know it happened in the community shield) but making 2 changes to a defence to see out a match is counter-productive.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Turd Ferguson wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 06:00 TAA absolutely had more attacking threat than Robertson down the stretch last year. I expect that to continue this year. He seems more attacking from open play and he gets a bunch of set pieces.

TAA played the 2nd leg of the CL semifinal and the CL final, so I don’t buy the idea that Klopp won’t trust him. Klopp played Gomez at RB in the 1st leg of the CL semifinal and they shipped 3 to Barca.
It was also Gomez’ first start in about 5 months... so he must have lot of faith in him. The flip side is, we have no idea if there was any risk or muscle fatigue that Trent was carrying ahead of that first leg.

I fully expect Trent to start 80% plus of league games. I don’t buy he’s going to be overly rotated. He’s that much older and experienced and physically stronger than the previous two seasons.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Do we have any idea how long Alisson will be out for?

Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO 5AS FA Cup Winner 2016/17, FISO 5AS Champions League Winner 2018/19 Best FPL Pos 11/12 - 9959th

Post by Taff Murray »

blahblah wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 09:01 Do we have any idea how long Alisson will be out for?
Early indications are that it was his calf and he felt he had been hit by something. That usually means a muscle has gone. Estimates so far are 3-5 wks but it’s very early days. Adrian may now be a great option at 4.5m.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

I have TAA and Robertson in my team soley on there attacking returns, they prob wont get as many cleans as last season now Allison out for a while, but they will still get plenty along the way.

People are paying 6 million for Digne and we all know that is not for his defensive work and high expectation of clean sheets

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”