To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Goalkeepers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
tommygun25
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by tommygun25 »

Etheridge was the best keeper last year by a mile!

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

So do you suggest Krul tonight for a penalty save against Salah? 😜

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Lucky wrote: ↑09 Aug 2019, 16:15 So do you suggest Krul tonight for a penalty save against Salah? 😜
I hope so

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

blahblah wrote:
Lucky wrote: ↑09 Aug 2019, 16:15 So do you suggest Krul tonight for a penalty save against Salah? Image
I hope so
Nooo! That will really take the gloss off his hattrick Image

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

jacksosi wrote: ↑09 Aug 2019, 16:19
blahblah wrote:
Lucky wrote: ↑09 Aug 2019, 16:15 So do you suggest Krul tonight for a penalty save against Salah? Image
I hope so
I'm a NoMo bod :lol:

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

jacksosi wrote: ↑09 Aug 2019, 16:19
blahblah wrote:
I hope so
So you better have both. πŸ˜‚

MinimalFuss
Kevin and Perry

Post by MinimalFuss »

Lucky wrote: ↑09 Aug 2019, 16:15 So do you suggest Krul tonight for a penalty save against Salah? 😜
Afraid Fahrmann is likely to be our starting keeper (which as a Norwich City fan I hate)

He's a truly amazing shop stopper, but is also prone to making very bad decisions....basically we bought the German Joe Hart.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

MinimalFuss wrote: ↑09 Aug 2019, 17:16
Afraid Fahrmann is likely to be our starting keeper (which as a Norwich City fan I hate)

He's a truly amazing shop stopper, but is also prone to making very bad decisions....basically we bought the German Joe Hart.
Hopefully he will keep Mosa Lah out 8-)

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Could be worse. Could be the german Karius. Which would basically mean you bought Karius. :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

math! wrote: ↑09 Aug 2019, 18:15

Could be worse. Could be the german Karius. Which would basically mean you bought Karius. :lol:
Incredible :|

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Krul in goal. I hope now he does not save a penalty. πŸ€”

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Ryan and Button for me. Base price and decent fixtures.

The point spread is relatively small across the position, so I prefer to save money there and try and gain elsewhere in the positions with higher ceilings. Always prefer a keeper and their back up too, saves the rotation headaches and counters the risk of unexpected injuries or benchings.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Lucky wrote: ↑09 Aug 2019, 19:49

FPL Prayer Mat for me :lol:

MinimalFuss
Kevin and Perry

Post by MinimalFuss »

Lucky wrote: ↑09 Aug 2019, 19:49

Well that was unexpected, I think Krul did well too, hopefully he'll stay in!

tommygun25
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommygun25 »

blahblah wrote: ↑09 Aug 2019, 16:03
tommygun25 wrote: ↑09 Aug 2019, 16:01
Stevieste wrote: ↑09 Aug 2019, 13:39
tommygun25 wrote: ↑09 Aug 2019, 13:02 Button starts for me over Ryan every week.

Dirty tactic that could happen: Ryan takes out striker in the box and gets a red card (-3) Button comes on and has opportunity of a penalty save (+5) potential 8 point swing for just starting your non-starting keeper.
Why do i like this idea so much, all though id be gutted if they played on a Friday night and there was a Monday game and had to wat 4 days to get my points from Ryan as he had 6 sat on my bench and i could have been sat at the top of the league all weekend 😳
It's worth a punt if you own Ryan and will mess with your league rivals head when you get points added later!
Yep, and the sensible thing to do if you have both from 1 Club.....
0 points from my 1st choice keeper Button 9 from the bench! 8-)

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Still, it might be considered regrettable if Ryan injures himself taking a goal-kick after 80 minutes, with a clean sheet, a penalty stop and 9 saves already in the bank... :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Mr Clarinet wrote: ↑12 Aug 2019, 13:03 Still, it might be considered regrettable if Ryan injures himself taking a goal-kick after 80 minutes, with a clean sheet, a penalty stop and 9 saves already in the bank... :wink:
Highly unlikely though....

That typed and having fine this in the past. I don't think any GK's were sent off last season.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

blahblah wrote: ↑12 Aug 2019, 13:08
Mr Clarinet wrote: ↑12 Aug 2019, 13:03 Still, it might be considered regrettable if Ryan injures himself taking a goal-kick after 80 minutes, with a clean sheet, a penalty stop and 9 saves already in the bank... :wink:

That typed and having fine this in the past. I don't think any GK's were sent off last season.
And they're less likely to be sent off since they changed the law regarding penalties for denying a goalscoring opportunity.

thelimey
Treebeard

Post by thelimey »

Last GK red card was in 15/16 season, up until then it used to happen 2-4 times a season.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

blahblah wrote: ↑12 Aug 2019, 13:08

Ah, ok, I give up. My point (made with a :wink:) was meant to be that the scenario outlined by tg25 was highly unlikely in the first place, and whichever way round we choose the 2 keepers from the same club, there is a possible undesirable downside to the decision. I wouldn't know how to quantify the two relative (un)likelihoods. My version (above) didn't depend on any GK red cards. Never mind.

NorthBankRedemption
Treebeard
FS Record: Dismal

Post by NorthBankRedemption »

I'm currently on Heaton and Pope

but they both have some tough fixtures coming up.

Only 0.2 in the bank now after I've upgraded to Aubameyang.

I was thinking about Ryan or Henderson but they have some tricky ones as well.

I could go with Patricio but would only have 4.2 after so the other would be a non-starter.

It actually may not be worth it to do any transfers back there and sit through it the more I think about it.

Anyone keen on any budget keepers for the upcoming fixtures? Or longer term?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I think most people view GK transfers as a bit of a luxury, plus you can always end up with an unexpected good score from a cheap keeper in a tough away game.

But, if you're looking to make a move, perhaps see how long Lloris is expected to be out for as Gazzaniga has some good fixtures in the short and medium term.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

i am on Heaton and would like to transfer out next GW due to fixtures and lack of clean sheets :evil: Heaton has already cost me 8 points (which is a considerable amount of rank places) over picking Pope :roll: but hopefully Heaton can get the better of Pope this GW :) but im now considering spending the extra on Patricio who has already risen .2 or Schmeichel :?:

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

wahine wrote: ↑19 Oct 2019, 07:14 i am on Heaton and would like to transfer out next GW due to fixtures and lack of clean sheets :evil: Heaton has already cost me 8 points (which is a considerable amount of rank places) over picking Pope :roll: but hopefully Heaton can get the better of Pope this GW :) but im now considering spending the extra on Patricio who has already risen .2 or Schmeichel :?:
Schmeichel!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Ironfist wrote: ↑19 Oct 2019, 07:58
wahine wrote: ↑19 Oct 2019, 07:14 i am on Heaton and would like to transfer out next GW due to fixtures and lack of clean sheets :evil: Heaton has already cost me 8 points (which is a considerable amount of rank places) over picking Pope :roll: but hopefully Heaton can get the better of Pope this GW :) but im now considering spending the extra on Patricio who has already risen .2 or Schmeichel :?:
Schmeichel!
Not you too? 😱

When is Fab due back?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to β€œFantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”