To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Goalkeepers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Egotrip
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 2437

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by Egotrip »

Will Begovic be a starter for Bournemouth?

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

Egotrip wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 10:06 Will Begovic be a starter for Bournemouth?
I'd say he's fourth choice

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

redcat1 wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 10:57
Do you think Travers is first? I’ve currently got Travers and Pope as 2 4.5s

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

It's really poor of FPL to price all four of Bournemouth's GKs at 4.5m. There should absolutely have been a 4m guy or two in there. :(

Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO 5AS FA Cup Winner 2016/17, FISO 5AS Champions League Winner 2018/19 Best FPL Pos 11/12 - 9959th

Post by Taff Murray »

redcat1 wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 10:57 I'd say he's fourth choice
Oh! How the mighty are fallen. I remember when he was pretty much the standard go to GK for FPL as he was always in the cheap bracket but a great shot stopper whoever he played for.

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

xJosh- wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 12:00
redcat1 wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 10:57
Do you think Travers is first? I’ve currently got Travers and Pope as 2 4.5s
IMO Boruc will start with Travers on the bench. Expect Ramsdale to go out on loan if Begovic is here after the transfer window shuts.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

I'm not rotating 4.5s again after what happened last season. I pick one and the other gets a haul week after week.

Sent from my modern brick using Tikitakatalk

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Stemania wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 12:06 It's really poor of FPL to price all four of Bournemouth's GKs at 4.5m. There should absolutely have been a 4m guy or two in there. :(
Basically FPL headquarters' way of admitting they're as clueless as we are as to who'll start in goal for them.

Edwaardz
Treebeard

Post by Edwaardz »

Are we any closer to confirming that Pope is the man at Burnley? Started their final preseason game after returning from injury, but looks like that XI was half starters/half rotation so not necessarily the confirmation we were hoping for.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Edwaardz wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 12:27 Are we any closer to confirming that Pope is the man at Burnley? Started their final preseason game after returning from injury, but looks like that XI was half starters/half rotation so not necessarily the confirmation we were hoping for.
The alternative is Joe Hart, that's confirmation enough.

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

Which two 4.5ers eould ve good to rotate. Imworki g so not really have time to dig deep into this and I will use this strat this season.

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

Stevieste wrote: 31 Jul 2019, 10:04 Heaton and Pope both 4.5 million and both number 1 keepers, could actually be a good starting plan and rotate them both accordingly
Im leaning to this atm.

MinimalFuss
Kevin and Perry

Post by MinimalFuss »

Klopp-o-matic wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 12:49 Which two 4.5ers eould ve good to rotate. Imworki g so not really have time to dig deep into this and I will use this strat this season.
I think you just need to pick one starting 4.5 and not worry about rotation.

It'll only drive you mad, when will you rotate anyway? for the most easy clean-sheet? but then what about when you miss all those save points?

I'd go Pope, Heaton or Ryan and skip the rotation.

tommygun25
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommygun25 »

Button starts for me over Ryan every week.

Dirty tactic that could happen: Ryan takes out striker in the box and gets a red card (-3) Button comes on and has opportunity of a penalty save (+5) potential 8 point swing for just starting your non-starting keeper.

MinimalFuss
Kevin and Perry

Post by MinimalFuss »

tommygun25 wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 13:02 Button starts for me over Ryan every week.

Dirty tactic that could happen: Ryan takes out striker in the box and gets a red card (-3) Button comes on and has opportunity of a penalty save (+5) potential 8 point swing for just starting your non-starting keeper.
haha, I like this! Sadly I'm not going with Ryan :(

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

Fuss

For example Heaton have good fixtures but first game is Spurs, while Burnley have a home game, so will play Pope first game etc.

Rotating is risky but basically avoid top six and try to get Burnley home games. (If I go Pope and Heaton).

MinimalFuss
Kevin and Perry

Post by MinimalFuss »

Klopp-o-matic wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 13:06 Fuss

For example Heaton have good fixtures but first game is Spurs, while Burnley have a home game, so will play Pope first game etc.

Rotating is risky but basically avoid top six and try to get Burnley home games. (If I go Pope and Heaton).
But you can rack up some good save points against the top 6 and use that 0.5 to better affect elsewhere surely?

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Why do i like this idea so much, all though id be gutted if they played on a Friday night and there was a Monday game and had to wat 4 days to get my points from Ryan as he had 6 sat on my bench and i could have been sat at the top of the league all weekend 😳

bcfc1903
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: william hill champion 2010, 2012. all-inclusive league winner 2012, second x-league 2012.

Post by bcfc1903 »

I'm looking at Vicente Guaita at Palace. My thinking is to wildcard around gw9. All of the promoted teams in first 7 weeks and accumulated 64 saves in 19 games, 7 clean sheets and 8 bps, accumulating 87 points in half a season

His record in La Liga was excellent and documented.

https://realsport101.com/news/sports/fo ... n-la-liga/

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

It doesn't work. Cheap GK's get Save and BP points vs the big Clubs and away.

The Home type thing may work for Defenders, but not GK's.

There was some maffs done 12 months ago (if can find the GK thread from here) and is why GK Rotation is hardly mentioned here any more after years of Home Rotation nonsense.....

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

blahblah wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 14:25

There was some maffs done 12 months ago (if can find the GK thread from here) and is why GK Rotation is hardly mentioned here any more after years of Home Rotation nonsense.....
Usually I don't do this but why is that it doesn't work? Because it is to hard to chose the best scoring GK every week? Do they really get so many save points? What if they concede 4 instead... isn't it better to pick the 'safe' one? And isn't it a fact that Burnley have a lot more cs's at home?

Edit: just can't get Ederson, Alisson or Pickford in the team without messing it up, and the extra .5 won't mean so much right now when the team is almost set.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Klopp-o-matic wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 14:31

Usually I don't do this but why is that it doesn't work? Because it is to hard to chose the best scoring GK every week? Do they really get so many save points? What if they concede 4 instead... isn't it better to pick the 'safe' one? And isn't it a fact that Burnley have a lot more cs's at home?
The H\A points were too similar to create a big enough difference, and that is without looking at if the best actually fit.

Lossl got more points vs top 6 than the rest of the bottom 10. Remember Heaton's haul at Old Trafford? In theory if they ship loads then the GK should make enough saves to still get 1 or 2 points.....

I think the best Rotation was Lpool and Everton, but away matches.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Shitty teams play more defensively away

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

Edit: just can't get Ederson, Alisson or Pickford in the team without messing it up, and the extra .5 won't mean so much right now when the team is almost set.
It's because the big hauls for cheap keepers (Save points, CS & Bonus, potentially a pen save thrown in) usually come it games against the big sides, obviously very rarely but those games can be 12+ points even without a pen save and do enough to drag the average close to the "good fixtures" for it not to be worth the extra .5 to rotate

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

David Luiz Is A Hero wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 14:44

It's because the big hauls for cheap keepers (Save points, CS & Bonus, potentially a pen save thrown in) usually come it games against the big sides, obviously very rarely but those games can be 12+ points even without a pen save and do enough to drag the average close to the "good fixtures" for it not to be worth the extra .5 to rotate
Ok interesting, I might recobsider then...

Thanx everyone for the feed back 😊

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Fab was top Saver for the last 2 seasons, or very close.......

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

I'll go with Heaton then. Quite good fixtures the first ten GWs mixed with three games against the top teams, and hope that one of those three games will be a haul!

Also they might start the season well like newly promoted teams sometimes do.

MinimalFuss
Kevin and Perry

Post by MinimalFuss »

Klopp-o-matic wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 15:00 I'll go with Heaton then. Quite good fixtures the first ten GWs mixed with three games against the top teams, and hope that one of those three games will be a haul!

Also they might start the season well like newly promoted teams sometimes do.
Wise choice to stick with one.

I've gone with Pope.

tommygun25
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommygun25 »

Stevieste wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 13:39

Why do i like this idea so much, all though id be gutted if they played on a Friday night and there was a Monday game and had to wat 4 days to get my points from Ryan as he had 6 sat on my bench and i could have been sat at the top of the league all weekend 😳
It's worth a punt if you own Ryan and will mess with your league rivals head when you get points added later!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

tommygun25 wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 16:01
Stevieste wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 13:39

It's worth a punt if you own Ryan and will mess with your league rivals head when you get points added later!
Yep, and the sensible thing to do if you have both from 1 Club.....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”