To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Man City Fullbacks (Zinchenko, Cancelo, etc)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: Man City Fullbacks (Zinchenko, Cancelo, etc)

Post by Stemania »

Assuming Cancelo eventually breaks into the team that price will be criminal!

One for later in the year then.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

I highly doubt City will start playing 3ATB with only 3 genuine CBS to rotate between. I feel like Cancelo will be competing with Walker for his place and occasionally Walker might be deployed as a CB

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Edwaardz wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 10:32 he seems a fairly erratic, stream of consciousness type player
Does he start reciting Proust in the middle of games or something?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Guardiola:

"Cancelo is not going to play, not yet. Arrived two days ago."
"I think for Kyle it's important to have good competition. Both have to fight for the same position. Cancelo can play on the left as well."

poohdini
Kevin and Perry

Re: Zinchenko

Post by poohdini »

laguna wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 11:01
poohdini wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 20:37
blahblah wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 18:04 Apparently Cancelo can play both sides and Walker can play CB.....
Cancelo actually got into a fight with his manager when he was asked to play LB during his Inter days. Read it yesterday. He definitely does not like playing there and according to Transfermarkt only played 5 times.
Can you link the source to this?
Yeah: https://theathletic.com/1120842/2019/08 ... e-divorce/
On one occasion he clashed with coach Luciano Spalletti, who wanted him to play left back and did not take well to having his decision questioned. Cancelo also complained at being switched to left back during a game with Napoli.

“There were situations that I did not agree with him,” Cancelo said of the training ground incident in an interview with O Jogo last summer. “It’s normal. A player should not be a prisoner or be quiet. A player does not know everything but neither does a coach. So it is only right to have a calm and healthy face-to-face.”

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

This could be fun :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

poohdini wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 15:57
“A player should not be a prisoner or be quiet. A player does not know everything but neither does a coach.”
"A man cannot make a thing happen before it is time."

I wonder how long before Cancelo shape-shifts into a left-back?

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
“A player should not be a prisoner or be quiet. A player does not know everything but neither does a coach.”
"A man cannot make a thing happen before it is time."

I wonder how long before Cancelo shape-shifts into a left-back?
Pep: It will be a journey.. ending with sweet rewards of a dream goal.

Cancelo: No, I just wanna run up and down.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Cancelo was a template RB in FIFA UT because of his pace. I'm not surprised if he just wants to run really really fast.

laguna
FISOhead

Post by laguna »

laguna wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 11:01
poohdini wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 20:37
blahblah wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 18:04 Apparently Cancelo can play both sides and Walker can play CB.....
Cancelo actually got into a fight with his manager when he was asked to play LB during his Inter days. Read it yesterday. He definitely does not like playing there and according to Transfermarkt only played 5 times.
Can you link the source to this?
Yeah: https://theathletic.com/1120842/2019/08 ... e-divorce/
On one occasion he clashed with coach Luciano Spalletti, who wanted him to play left back and did not take well to having his decision questioned. Cancelo also complained at being switched to left back during a game with Napoli.

“There were situations that I did not agree with him,” Cancelo said of the training ground incident in an interview with O Jogo last summer. “It’s normal. A player should not be a prisoner or be quiet. A player does not know everything but neither does a coach. So it is only right to have a calm and healthy face-to-face.”
Thanks.

"it's only right to have a calm and healthy face-to-face" :lol:

I guess time will tell how City's defence will pan out.

escape_to_victory
FISOhead

Post by escape_to_victory »

SirMattBugsby wrote:
escape_to_victory wrote:
snout wrote:I very much doubt he will start ahead of Walker in the first game or two. Pep is a method man and will need some time with Cancelo in training to make sure he knows and understands his instructions.
This. How long do we think this will be? How long a piece of string, I guess. If the stars align Zin as a placeholder for Can could work out quite nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cancelo hasn't been bought to play LB. He'll be an attacking RB. Whether that's at the expense of Walker or with Walker at CB (another theory I'm not sure about), remains to be seen.

I presently have Walker and am not too worried about his game time, atleast initially. He's done well pre-season, and it's not like Pep starts new signings instantly. Even someone as talented as Bernardo got a proper chance after one season.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

Yeah I know. Well actually, I don’t haha. No clue ImageBut it’s not what I meant. I only meant that if Cancelo proves to be a long term option in the City defence, then the short-term Zinchenko is a nice placeholder in a fantasy team seeing as they are the same price of 5.5. I’m hoping Cancelo starts to play whilst Zinchenko is still there and I can then make the swap. Tipped the balance for me to go for Zinchenko as a short-term punt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Guardiola: What I want from Mendy is for him to be fit. To be available for training sessions every week. He’s had almost two years out and he needs to play. The first target is be fit rather than to play. To train regularly for a month then he has a chance to play.

Good news for us Zinchenko owners id say 😁

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

Realistically when is Cancelo ever going to be a starter? Walker is doing well. Surely the best is a rotation player? Will he ever be worth having then? I would not be surprised if Pep sprung him on the right wing ahead of Walker but once again he wouldn't be a regular starter.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Stevieste wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 16:13 Guardiola: What I want from Mendy is for him to be fit. To be available for training sessions every week. He’s had almost two years out and he needs to play. The first target is be fit rather than to play. To train regularly for a month then he has a chance to play.

Cancelo and Angelino still a threat. Especially near Europe. First time he gets dropped his price will plummet I guess . Danilo too..it's one of the spots very open to rotation and you feel Zinchenko is one bad game away from another getting a chance. I have no doubt he is 1st choice at mo though

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

Danilo is at Juventus isn't he?

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Danilo has left

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

DAREEL wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 17:03
Stevieste wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 16:13 Guardiola: What I want from Mendy is for him to be fit. To be available for training sessions every week. He’s had almost two years out and he needs to play. The first target is be fit rather than to play. To train regularly for a month then he has a chance to play.

Cancelo and Angelino still a threat. Especially near Europe. First time he gets dropped his price will plummet I guess . Danilo too..it's one of the spots very open to rotation and you feel Zinchenko is one bad game away from another getting a chance. I have no doubt he is 1st choice at mo though
Danilo has left, Cancelo plays right back and Angelino didnt even make the bench last week 🤷‍♂️

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Stevieste wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 18:03

Danilo has left, Cancelo plays right back and Angelino didnt even make the bench last week 🤷‍♂️
This is Pep :wink:

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Didn't realise Danilo had gone

Cancelo can play both. Pep stated this

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

DAREEL wrote:

Good news for us Zinchenko owners id say Image
Danilo has left, Cancelo plays right back and Angelino didnt even make the bench last week Image
Didn't realise Danilo had gone

Cancelo can play both. Pep stated this
Danilo went to Juve when Cancelo went from Juve to Man City. Wasn't a swap deal though. I'm looking forward to seeing him run up and down. He's incredibly quick.

Sent from my modern brick using Tikitakatalk

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Why do 5 people have to tell the same thing?
Both Zinchenko and Walker are okay for now imo.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Anyone who has Zinchecko ive just seen a video of him saying he just had cramp at the end of the game and he is fine.

So will keep him personally for another couple of week as planned

bcfc1903
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: william hill champion 2010, 2012. all-inclusive league winner 2012, second x-league 2012.

Post by bcfc1903 »

Laporte the obvious and safest route in to the Manchester City defence, I still assume. Looking at their next 9 games, with 5 at home my coverage of City (only KDB) needs increasing.

Panserjohan
Treebeard
FS Record: Started 2007

Post by Panserjohan »

I've seen cancelo quite a bit in serieA, and he is a treat to Walker. I think he played on the left 5-6 times i Juve. On the right, he is spectacular. Maybe one of the best right backs in the world.

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

Panserjohan wrote:I've seen cancelo quite a bit in serieA, and he is a treat to Walker. I think he played on the left 5-6 times i Juve. On the right, he is spectacular. Maybe one of the best right backs in the world.
Why would they sell him?

Panserjohan
Treebeard
FS Record: Started 2007

Post by Panserjohan »

math! wrote: 18 Aug 2019, 23:11
Panserjohan wrote:I've seen cancelo quite a bit in serieA, and he is a treat to Walker. I think he played on the left 5-6 times i Juve. On the right, he is spectacular. Maybe one of the best right backs in the world.
Why would they sell him?

Juve need money (FFP), and Danilo will sufice in Serie A.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

That was my understanding too, and maybe skint hence giving Kean away to Everton with no buy back price set.

But now they gave bid 100m plus Dybala, allegedly....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”