To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Deadline Day

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO 5AS FA Cup Winner 2016/17, FISO 5AS Champions League Winner 2018/19 Best FPL Pos 11/12 - 9959th

Deadline Day

Post by Taff Murray »

Has anything that happened on TDD changed any of your thought processes. The only two I am looking at, although probably not for GW1, are Tierney at Arsenal and the Luiz transfer potentially opens up some great bargains in the Chelsea defence.

Speaking to some of my Jock buddies they really rate Tierney, even the Rangers fans. They all reckon he is made for the EPL and will be an excellent addition. Definitely on my watchlist.

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Deadline Day

Post by FranckKessie »

I 2nd your thoughts. I consider the Luiz transfer a gamechanger. It opened the doors to a cheap CHE defender and has the potential to open the Doors to ARS defence also.

Wolves and UTD transfers were also on my watchlist. Both ended in favour of Martial and Dendonker who are both in my team for the opening.

Interesting day it was yesterday. More of those in the years to come!!

Also worked in favour of Greenwood. Not to forget.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Yep, the immediate consequence of DD for me was to bring in Zouma and cement Martial. So really a case of players who didn't move being improved as a repercussion of those who did (Luiz and Lukaku going without replacement). Conversely, Tarkowski not moving and Besic moving ruled out Lundstram and Gibson as potential 4m defs for me.

Those few things together had a small snowball effect on one or two other of my draft positions, but there's no-one that actually moved themselves that I'm particularly inclined to try to get for GW1.

Will be watching Iwobi at 6m, and the Arsenal defence now Luiz & Tierney joined (but mainly whether Holding starts at 4.5m when fit and potentially Bellerin if he's cut price when he returns). It'll be interesting to see if Praet genuinely changes Leicester's system from the 4141 to a 442 diamond (in which Perez could actually be OOP rather than playing out wide, which looks the previous plan). Otherwise, it could be that Maddison plays wide too now.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Stemania wrote:...and cement Martial.
...wouldn’t you take Moura or Fraser in that spot for GW1 based on the fixtures (unless you have them already), then switch?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

jacksosi wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 11:07
...wouldn’t you take Moura or Fraser in that spot for GW1 based on the fixtures (unless you have them already), then switch?
Nope. I see transfers as rather precious tbh, and don't like preplanning them into my initial team, especially after one GW. There's no way I wouldn't want to prioritise something else (be it GW2 or later down the line) so I think it's fair to assume it would cost a hit. I wouldn't rate an OOP Martial as being 4 points worse than the other two over the first week or two. :)

I don't overly dislike Fraser or Maura as picks in their own right though.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 11:18
jacksosi wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 11:07
Nope. I see transfers as rather precious tbh, and don't like preplanning them into my initial team, especially after one GW. There's no way I wouldn't want to prioritise something else (be it GW2 or later down the line) so I think it's fair to assume it would cost a hit. I wouldn't rate an OOP Martial as being 4 points worse than the other two over the first week or two. :)

I don't overly dislike Fraser or Maura as picks in their own right though.
There's a decent chance Moura gets a longer run in the starting lineup. Last season people were saying Shaw and Bilva would only play GW1, but they became nailed.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

'Decent chance' is not enough for me, especially given GW2's fixture. I see it as unlikely for Moura to keep his place, with Ndembele, Sissoko, Lo Celso, Eriksen, Alli, Son, Kane and him (and others including Sessegnon according to FPL's positioning :lol:) all competing for at most 6 spots.

I'd prefer Martial to Moura long term anyway, though if both played as first choice strikers I'd probably end up shoehorning both in.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 11:36 'Decent chance' is not enough for me, especially given GW2's fixture. I see it as unlikely for Moura to keep his place, with Ndembele, Sissoko, Lo Celso, Eriksen, Alli, Son, Kane and him (and others including Sessegnon according to FPL's positioning :lol:) all competing for at most 6 spots.

I'd prefer Martial to Moura long term anyway, though if both played as striker I'd probably end up shoehorning both in.
I think Moura will start if at least one of Son, Alli, Kane and Eriksen is unavailable. I think it's possible, since Alli and Kane are injury prone and Eriksen might leave.

If Moura performs really well in GW1-2 he might even take Alli's place in the best starting XI even when everyone's fit.
Last edited by Finisher1 on 09 Aug 2019, 11:43, edited 1 time in total.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Finisher1 wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 11:39 I think Moura will start if at least one of Son, Alli, Kane and Eriksen is unavailable.
That's pretty much my point too. :wink:

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 11:43
Finisher1 wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 11:39 I think Moura will start if at least one of Son, Alli, Kane and Eriksen is unavailable.
I think there's maybe 40% chance at least one of them is unavailable in GW3 when they play Newcastle at home. And Moura may actually take Alli's place even when everyone's fit.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Stemania wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 11:43
He will...for sure

More likely Ali or Son though.. Lo Celso more an Eriksen replacement

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”