To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Man City Fullbacks (Zinchenko, Cancelo, etc)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Zinchenko

Post by blahblah »

Mav3rick wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 10:33
blahblah wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 10:28 As an aside I saw a list of top Prem Mids in the summer (MEN when Dilva said last season) and very few of them had a goal\assist rate if higher thsn every other match. Strangely Ozil does with 84 in 162 matches...
Even "safe" players like Sigurdsson blanked 60% of games last season. But, 40% of the time they return all the time so...
I'm not sure what you mean with "all the time" but exactly my point about a Def\GK getting CS's 50% of the time being good\better, especially if they have a reasonable flow of Save or Attacking points.

AJD
Wideboy

Post by AJD »

I think Zinchenko will start but not for long which nudges me towards Laporte as I want city coverage at the back. However leaves me an interesting conundrum:

Zinchenko, Perez and Sterling or Laporte, Siggy and De Bruyne

What do you think?

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

AJD wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 12:18 I think Zinchenko will start but not for long which nudges me towards Laporte as I want city coverage at the back. However leaves me an interesting conundrum:

What do you think?
Assuming you have Salah to captain I like the second option

AJD
Wideboy

Post by AJD »

David Luiz Is A Hero wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 12:44
I do yeah. I’m leaning towards option 2 but having fomo with sterling

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

David Luiz Is A Hero wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 12:44
AJD wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 12:18 I think Zinchenko will start but not for long which nudges me towards Laporte as I want city coverage at the back. However leaves me an interesting conundrum:

What do you think?
Spending the last 20.5 and deciding whether to KDB or not is the major issue stopping me being happy with my squad, so I have no advice to give :lol:

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

What do you think?
second option looks better to me

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

blahblah wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 10:39
Mav3rick wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 10:33
blahblah wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 10:28 As an aside I saw a list of top Prem Mids in the summer (MEN when Dilva said last season) and very few of them had a goal\assist rate if higher thsn every other match. Strangely Ozil does with 84 in 162 matches...
Even "safe" players like Sigurdsson blanked 60% of games last season. But, 40% of the time they return all the time so...
I'm not sure what you mean with "all the time"

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Beerfuelledman wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 09:46
MCFC on Reddit @r_MCFC - Sam Lee May 2nd 2019 wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 09:33 City’s decision not to sign a LB isn’t really based on faith in Mendy. The money’s needed elsewhere, Zinchenko is first choice and nobody else would buy Mendy. A LB in January is even on the table. It’s a risk. Bernardo & Kompany have spoken to Mendy too.
Not overly logical when they just spent £60m on someone to back up / replace the solid Walker on the other flank.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

murf wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 13:31
Beerfuelledman wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 09:46
MCFC on Reddit @r_MCFC - Sam Lee May 2nd 2019 wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 09:33 City’s decision not to sign a LB isn’t really based on faith in Mendy. The money’s needed elsewhere, Zinchenko is first choice and nobody else would buy Mendy. A LB in January is even on the table. It’s a risk. Bernardo & Kompany have spoken to Mendy too.
Not overly logical when they just spent £60m on someone to back up / replace the solid Walker on the other flank.
Seems logical to me. The Man City correspondent highlighting Zinchenko as 1st choice is interesting. After that there's Mendy, there was Danilo, theyve signed Angelino for a nominal fee while Mendy injured and Laporte has played there if he has to. At RB there was just Walker and Danilo. With Danilo not being rated by the club "City’s decision not to sign a LB isn’t really based on faith in Mendy. The money’s needed elsewhere" i.e. to upgrade Danilo to Cancelo. :?:

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Thought upgrading Zinchenko (as (ir)regular first choice) was more important than upgrading Danilo (second choice).

Mind you I'm a Liverpool fan and we seem to be doing without reserve full backs completely this season even though we've just had a huge windfall (gates/prize/TV/sponsor from last season) and spent nothing!

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Apparently Cancelo can play both sides and Walker can play CB.....

AJD
Wideboy

Post by AJD »

Do we know if Laporte is fit/ ready to start this weekend?

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

blahblah wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 18:04 Apparently Cancelo can play both sides and Walker can play CB.....
Anybody can play anywhere when it comes down to it. Cancelo has played maybe 3 or 4 times out his last 125 at LB. Walker has played on the right of a back 3 at CB.

Harry-Kane-595799.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

BFM, you’ve convinced yourself he’s a good pick. That’s all that matters.

poohdini
Kevin and Perry

Post by poohdini »

blahblah wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 18:04 Apparently Cancelo can play both sides and Walker can play CB.....
Cancelo actually got into a fight with his manager when he was asked to play LB during his Inter days. Read it yesterday. He definitely does not like playing there and according to Transfermarkt only played 5 times.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

tarkens wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 13:06

What do you think?
second option looks better to me
I was on Zinc and KDB but now on Laporte and B Silva (he will get even more minutes with Sane out and 1.5 cheaper).

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Cancelo

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Comes in the game at 5.5, do we expect him to start are just a back up to Walker?

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Re: Cancelo

Post by snout »

I very much doubt he will start ahead of Walker in the first game or two. Pep is a method man and will need some time with Cancelo in training to make sure he knows and understands his instructions.

AJD
Wideboy

Re: Cancelo

Post by AJD »

Fully expecting Cancelo to become first choice and when he does £5.5m will be a bargain!

poohdini
Kevin and Perry

Re: Man City Fullbacks (Zinchenko, Cancelo, etc)

Post by poohdini »

3 man defence with Walker at right center back and Cancelo at wing-back might also be an option in the future when Mendy gets fit, I assume.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Feels very much like Cancelo is signed to be a starter. Walker is an extremely talented player on the ball so he could well move to CB and be a ball playing central defender who can bring and pass the ball out of defence. It worked really well for Azpilicueta.

Sent from my modern brick using Tikitakatalk

escape_to_victory
FISOhead

Post by escape_to_victory »

snout wrote:I very much doubt he will start ahead of Walker in the first game or two. Pep is a method man and will need some time with Cancelo in training to make sure he knows and understands his instructions.
This. How long do we think this will be? How long a piece of string, I guess. If the stars align Zin as a placeholder for Can could work out quite nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yadda yadda
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: HOHO, usually after xmas

Post by yadda yadda »

math! wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 22:11 Feels very much like Cancelo is signed to be a starter. Walker is an extremely talented player on the ball so he could well move to CB and be a ball playing central defender who can bring and pass the ball out of defence. It worked really well for Azpilicueta.

Sent from my modern brick using Tikitakatalk
Can see this working ... stones and otto have not stepped up and VK is now gone. If ur right then walker is possibly the better pick long term over laporte and also cheaper

Agree with the other view too that its very unlikely cancelo is dropped straight in to the team.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

escape_to_victory wrote:
snout wrote:I very much doubt he will start ahead of Walker in the first game or two. Pep is a method man and will need some time with Cancelo in training to make sure he knows and understands his instructions.
This. How long do we think this will be? How long a piece of string, I guess. If the stars align Zin as a placeholder for Can could work out quite nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cancelo hasn't been bought to play LB. He'll be an attacking RB. Whether that's at the expense of Walker or with Walker at CB (another theory I'm not sure about), remains to be seen.

I presently have Walker and am not too worried about his game time, atleast initially. He's done well pre-season, and it's not like Pep starts new signings instantly. Even someone as talented as Bernardo got a proper chance after one season.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Is he as cautious with "defensive" players?

(I am not saying that he starts in GW1, but will play more than Mahre and Bivla did in their 1st seasons.)

Edwaardz
Treebeard

Post by Edwaardz »

Walker won't be moved to CB. Pretty sure Pep would play Fernandinho over him there.

Cancelo looks a great attacking force and will add what Pep hoped a fit Mendy would, but he seems a fairly erratic, stream of consciousness type player so I'd be surprised if he takes Walker's RB spot early in the season as he'll have a lot of learning to do - but I do think he'll be the main man eventually.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Ferdi could float between DM and Central CB with Rodri as a staple DM and FB's bombing on in a hybrid 4231 3331\3151 kinda thing?

laguna
FISOhead

Post by laguna »

poohdini wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 20:37
Cancelo actually got into a fight with his manager when he was asked to play LB during his Inter days. Read it yesterday. He definitely does not like playing there and according to Transfermarkt only played 5 times.
Can you link the source to this?

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Edwaardz wrote:Walker won't be moved to CB. Pretty sure Pep would play Fernandinho over him there.

Cancelo looks a great attacking force and will add what Pep hoped a fit Mendy would, but he seems a fairly erratic, stream of consciousness type player so I'd be surprised if he takes Walker's RB spot early in the season as he'll have a lot of learning to do - but I do think he'll be the main man eventually.
Agree, Ed. Hopefully Cancelo will be first in my team next season rather than replacing Walker this season.
blahblah wrote:Ferdi could float between DM and Central CB with Rodri as a staple DM and FB's bombing on in a hybrid 4231 3331\3151 kinda thing?
Sounds like a Pep kinda thing Image

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

blahblah wrote:Is he as cautious with "defensive" players?

(I am not saying that he starts in GW1, but will play more than Mahre and Bivla did in their 1st seasons.)
Hmm true. Laporte did start playing soon as he arrived.
Depends on Walker's form. Walker looks in good shape, so no need to start Cancelo atm. Pep will continue his experiments in training for now.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”