To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Youtubers, Podcasts etc

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Re: Youtubers, Podcasts etc

Post by fred1266 »

lol

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Stemania wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 00:29 I just started listening to the GW1 news one with Jonty + 1 and they touched on the possibility of choosing Milner as a third Liverpool option.
Have they just time travelled from 2016?

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

the worse i see is some recommending Arnaltovic cause he was good last season

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Were they being serious or being too polite in answering a watchers stupid question?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

blahblah wrote:Were they being serious or being too polite in answering a watchers stupid question?
There was no watcher's question, but even tongue-in-cheek I find it unacceptable. Image

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I did see one with Fab as 2nd GK. I'm not certain who was 1st choice but I think it was Ederson. 😎

I was tempted to write a parody of a Pod\YouTube 😂😂😂

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

When listening to Radio 5 earlier, I heard that they now do a 606 Fantasy Podcast. Haven’t listened yet, but as it has to appeal to the masses I imagine it won’t have much value.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Stemania wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 00:29 Have to say, I think I'll call it a day tuning in to scoutcast. I just started listening to the GW1 news one with Jonty + 1 and they touched on the possibility of choosing Milner as a third Liverpool option. Credibility hits rock bottom. I could almost feel myself getting worse at FPL with every word listened and had to switch off. They did have a fun recollection podcast last week with Granville (one of the two originators, alongside Mark) in honour of it going so long - and 'so long' is what I think I'll have to say to it, with Granville's bookending being a natural finale. :(
It's terrible isn't it. I'm not really keen on Mark but at least he offered somthing FPL wise. Jonty may know how to play FPL but is plain annoying . I'll not start ranting about Munday Az and Andy as they are everything wrong with the game today and the final nail in the scoutcast coffin for me :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

dino1980 wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 22:59 When listening to Radio 5 earlier, I heard that they now do a 606 Fantasy Podcast. Haven’t listened yet, but as it has to appeal to the masses I imagine it won’t have much value.
I'm not sure that is going to try to be serious though. It sounds more like the Prog they had way back when with Baddiel.... ie it has people who have not played before, so I believe. I can't remember who it was, but might have been Townsend saying thst it was difficult as he wanted to pick players for positions.... and, I think, Sutton being criticised for not having 2 playing GK's.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Woah, FPL are starting an official podcast hosted by...James Richardson!!

Amazing. They missed a trick not calling it the Totally Fantasy Football Show though. :lol:

https://audioboom.com/channels/5001585

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

Stemania wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 10:13 Woah, FPL are starting an official podcast hosted by...James Richardson!!

Amazing. They missed a trick not calling it the Totally Fantasy Football Show though. :lol:

The first episode was last week was pretty anodyne. Just about listen to ep2.

In other news, Luke and Az have stumbled into "FPL Mavericks" which is on the same feed as one of them ran their Black Box thinking on and off last year. In a crowded field it's not going to win any prizes either.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

I suppose any wide-appealing podcast is going to be incredibly bland. I just found it cool to hear JR talking about niche topics such as 4m Lundstram. :lol:

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Post by Agent Overson »

Had a listen to FPL Surgery today, yawn.

I was confused why David Munday was invited on to dish out advice in between creaming about Mark Sutherns when Munday’s a pretty terrible FPL player (bar last season).

I can only assume that Surgery’s focus is on likes and retweets from the FFS followers, rather than suppling genuine quality advice.

It’s a shame that most of the guests on these podcasts always seem to be part of the Twitter community who imo, are dull, uninsightful and sometimes pretty crappy FF players tbh.

If any FPL pod hosts are reading this, try freshening it up and invite some FISO posters on who are genuinely interesting to hear from - namely Patrician, Stemania, dod, raoul and Ironfist, even if they only have 12 followers on Twitter.

It’s like Sky inviting Dean Windass into the studio while Gary Neville sits at home with his feet up.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Ironfist would be hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: Sissoko is....

I haven't watched any this week as the Preseason ones were so lemming based.... I'm not bothered if they have a good history or not, just if they have interesting stuff to say as opposed to formulaic stuff prompting "intelligent" discussion.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

ajcairns wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 12:08
Stemania wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 10:13 Woah, FPL are starting an official podcast hosted by...James Richardson!!

The first episode was last week was pretty anodyne. Just about listen to ep2.

In other news, Luke and Az have stumbled into "FPL Mavericks" which is on the same feed as one of them ran their Black Box thinking on and off last year. In a crowded field it's not going to win any prizes either.
I cracked and have had a few on as wallpaper noise....

The "Official" one has the 2 from FPL Family whichI mentioned above where she talks far more sense, or less nonsense than he does which has its amusing moments...

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Agent Overson wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 18:00 I was confused why David Munday was invited on to dish out advice in between creaming about Mark Sutherns when Munday’s a pretty terrible FPL player (bar last season).
Anyone who takes fantasy football advice from Bumfluff Munday deserves everything that happens to them as a result.

BenchBoost

We're launching the Bench Boost Podcast

Post by BenchBoost »

We're launching our podcast, "Bench Boost", have a listen if you're interested. We'd love to hear any feedback as well as any question submissions for next week. Uploads will be weekly (either Tuesday/Wednesday depending where you live). Links are below:

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/239sn6stfplw0PGlNaopsl

Anchor: https://anchor.fm/bench-boost

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-929993844/e ... than-never

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKPYwizoM6Q

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Post by Agent Overson »

If you’ve read this thread, you’ll see that a FF pod needs to be sensational to impress the folk of FISO. If it’s aimed at the ‘masses’, I don’t fancy your chances here.

But good luck nevertheless!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I'd settle for a bit of humour and a modicum of actual football knowledge....

I'll have a YouTube this evening 😉

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

Have to say I am really liking the PlanetFPL pods atm, releasing multiple pods a week which cover different topics rather than the one big one on a Monday/Tuesday that is out of date if you don't get to them by Thursday.
Probably not the best FPL players doing pods but James especially clearly knows football and that is a big benefit to someone like me who can't watch that much football over the weekend.

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ajcairns »

blahblah wrote: 21 Aug 2019, 12:32 I'd settle for a bit of humour and a modicum of actual football knowledge....

Good luck finding that Blah. The 10 seconds of intro music at the start will tell you what to expect.

I have no idea how podcasts can ever stand out from the crowd as it's essentially "how did you get on this week" "what's your plan for next week". This one when straight at it within 20 seconds! As it was a new podcast I thought there might be a intro from the presenters, maybe a bit of background, etc. Nope. Read out your teams, read out your score.

Plus the Aussie accent is only marginally better than listen to someone running their fingers down a blackboard.

Next.

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Post by Agent Overson »

After 5 minutes skipping through, that was one of the worst so far, sorry bench boost but I agree with the above.

What’s you USP? It’s bland and very unimaginative.

How difficult is it for these pods to add a little creativity? What are the niche topics FPL managers are discussing on FISO or Twitter? Expand on those! Nobody cares how your team performed.

Salte2
Treebeard
FS Record: Not good

Post by Salte2 »

Tough crowd!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Aussie accent, skipping... reminds me of Skippy the Bush kangaroo, which I'm sure was an in your end O which I never picked up on.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Agent Overson wrote: 21 Aug 2019, 12:59 After 5 minutes skipping through, that was one of the worst so far, sorry bench boost but I agree with the above.

What’s you USP? It’s bland and very unimaginative.

How difficult is it for these pods to add a little creativity? What are the niche topics FPL managers are discussing on FISO or Twitter? Expand on those! Nobody cares how your team performed.
Tbh I did almost laugh at one with Lund as 1st Sub, but then he started going on about "I could have benched Moura for him" and other idiocy.

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ajcairns »

I gave the Luke and Az show (FPL Mavericks) another go. There are actually small shoots of encouragment there, particularly Lukes mini (really mini) rant about people commenting on RMTs without Salah and how people "hang out the back of him, like he's god's gift". This could be a USP for them if they decide to say it how it is - much like some on here have the ability to do quite eloquently.

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

The harsh reality is, most podcasts/youtube channels hosts are not very good at the game, you get the odd few who are (or who have stand out seasons here and there) but most of them are not, if you can be bothered to listen to them you have to take them with a pinch of salt because they all say the same popular thing (that week) & you risk getting sucked into playing their game which is not always a good game.

The one thing about them all is that they are all passionate about the game, they shouldn't really be knocked for that, I'm not listening to any this year, even the Scoutcast is no longer worth it, since Sutherns left theres not much to tune in for, Jonty is a good player but hes often more focused on glossing over his mistakes or telling everyone how wonderful he is when he gets one right, no one wants to see that, the rest are just passionate people talking about fantasy, I'm not sure you'll miss anything if you give them a miss.

Forums & tight groups are still the best places for content/chat.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Welcome back, kidda...

Apologies, but they can be knocked and mocked as they YouTube etc so they think they are wise, and they definitely aren't entertaining. My guess is that any Ranking Claim to Fame is just from following the masses...

The strangest thing for me is that none of the ones I have watched seem to consider any real football stuff ie formstions, tactics the skill\ability of the player etc. Jeepers a Benteke brace this weekend and they'll all be buying him 😂

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

ajcairns wrote: 21 Aug 2019, 12:45
blahblah wrote: 21 Aug 2019, 12:32 I'd settle for a bit of humour and a modicum of actual football knowledge....

Good luck finding that Blah. The 10 seconds of intro music at the start will tell you what to expect.

I have no idea how podcasts can ever stand out from the crowd as it's essentially "how did you get on this week" "what's your plan for next week". This one when straight at it within 20 seconds! As it was a new podcast I thought there might be a intro from the presenters, maybe a bit of background, etc. Nope. Read out your teams, read out your score.

Plus the Aussie accent is only marginally better than listen to someone running their fingers down a blackboard.

Next.
Nowt wrong with that music: cool jazz 😎

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Ok, all downhill from the jazz 😂

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”