To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

world cup league prizes

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
Dumbledore

world cup league prizes

Post by 12345678 »

entered a few in the end total winnings (including stakes) were £1525.

been away and just logged in to find they want to pay me £190!

anyone else had issues?

Dumbledore

Re: world cup league prizes

Post by 12345678 »

unsurprisingly no reply from gfm/tff.

heres my tournaments;

£50

LEAGUE #10
My team: 8
Position:1

View
LEAGUE #12
My team: 4

£25

LEAGUE #18
My team: 9

View
LEAGUE #20
My team: 11

View
LEAGUE #21

£10

LEAGUE #57
My team: 2
Position:2

View
LEAGUE #64
My team: 13

View
LEAGUE #67

View
LEAGUE #68

View
LEAGUE #69

here's my payment per tff/gfm

7000001 Seq 57 (2 - Winner)£ 70.00
7000001 Seq 68 (4 - Runner-Up)£ 20.00
7000003 Seq 10 (8 - Runner-Up)£ 100.00
Total Winnings:£ 190.00

is it just me?

spoken with striker and gather his tournaments were properly settled.

finding it increasingly hard to trust the gfm/tff combo!

get_on_my_cocker
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Won many company leagues, and nearly won TFFO back in the day. Also managed Carra's team to success in Sky FF

Post by get_on_my_cocker »

Did you actually win the knockout in all those leagues? Your league position being first doesn't mean you actually won the tournament. I won 1 of the leagues but lost in the semi final so won nothing.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

no idea.

never looked at them, there is no mention in the rules of prizes being based on knockout.

wouldn't have entered if there was.

'11. Tournaments
TFCWC Managers will have the opportunity to participate in pay-to-join Tournaments. Each Tournament is made up of ten teams each managed by a different individual Manager and will follow the same format as the Cricket World Cup.
The winning Manager and the runner up at the conclusion of each Tournament will receive a cash prize – the value of which is specified for each level of Tournament. The winning Managers of these Knockout Cups will also each receive a cash prize. In the case of a tie, the standard TFC tie-break rules will apply.
Tournaments will be available at three different levels which determine both the entry fee, and subsequently the prize pool:
£10 entry – Champion wins £70, Runner up wins £20;
£25 entry – Champion wins £175, Runner up wins £50;
£50 entry – Champion wins £350, Runner up wins £100.
There is no limit to the number of Tournaments a Manager may join. Once ten teams join to complete a Tournament, a new Tournament at the same level will be made available.
Tournaments become available to view once they fill, however points scored from the start of the tournament for all participating teams will be used, regardless of when the Tournament fills.
There is no restriction on number of Tournaments a team can participate in, however only one team per Manager is permitted to join any individual Tournament.
Tournament entry fees must be paid via a UK credit or debit card for the amount specified for each Tournament.
Tie Break for all Prizes
In the event of a tie, preference will be given to the manager whose team has scored the most runs. If the result is still a tie, preference will be given to the manager whose team has taken the most wickets. If clear positions for the prize winners still do not emerge, the tied managers will be required to write a job advertisement for an England cricket team selector in no more than 50 words. The decision of the judges regarding this tie-breaker shall be final and binding.In relation to all of the prizes listed above, TMG's decision in all prize matters shall be final. Winners will be notified in writing. There are no prize alternatives and the prizes are not transferable. Winners will be requested to co-operate with publicity.'

says it follows the same rules as the world cup. i couldn't even find anything to do with knockout cups on my pages for the game.

it adds the knockout cup winners will ALSO receive a prize without reference to value!

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

it also adds 'however points scored from the start of the tournament for all participating teams will be used, regardless of when the Tournament fills' which again suggests the prizes relate to points scored and not a knockout tourney, it looks like those framing the rules at gfm didnt tell those programming for prizes!

looks like another massive GFM lash up!

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

The paid tournaments were run as a knockout competition, in this competition. Top 4 in each league after the group stage went to a head to head (1st v 4th, 2nd v 3rd) for the semi-final/final stage.

You should still be able to log in and check, may be frustrating news for you though (I had a couple of teams 1st after the group stage in tournament leagues, which then didn't win anything following the knock out).

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Mini Leagues also ran :(

Post by Edmondson »

Andy - in that league #12, I finished 4th, but beat you in the semi final :) but then went on to lose in the final :x

Not sure how long ago I claimed my winnings, but no payment received yet :evil:

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

kingcurtley wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 21:11 The paid tournaments were run as a knockout competition, in this competition. Top 4 in each league after the group stage went to a head to head (1st v 4th, 2nd v 3rd) for the semi-final/final stage.

You should still be able to log in and check, may be frustrating news for you though (I had a couple of teams 1st after the group stage in tournament leagues, which then didn't win anything following the knock out).
it only displayed the leagues on mine, not the knockout, although i guess it must have been behind a tab somewhere. where does it actually state these rules in the t&c king curtley as i never saw them anywhere and still can't!

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

Couldn't see it in the rules - as you say, they are sketchy.

From memory, this knock out format for tournament leagues was used in the TFC Champions League game last season. However, the current domestic T20 game doesn't have the knockout format, just a straight league.

Doesn't seem to be much consistency.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

thanks,

so basically they were running the tournaments in a completely different way to the t&c that some may have been aware of!

think i will be on the phone to the telegraph competitions department tomorrow then involve the useless GC then if i could find a straight town solicitor would use them but maybe small claims court would be better.

tbh i have completely had enough of GFM's dodgy behaviour with KC etc and turning sky ff & tff into defensive fests but this time they have gone too far in writing one set of rules then playing by another unwritten set!

get_on_my_cocker
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Won many company leagues, and nearly won TFFO back in the day. Also managed Carra's team to success in Sky FF

Post by get_on_my_cocker »

It says it will follow the same format as the Cricket World Cup, which was a round robin league with the top 4 teams qualifying for the semi finals.

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Edmondson »

If you click on the ? in leagues, in reads like this:

“Tournaments will follow the exact same format as the Cricket World Cup. The 4 teams at the top of each Tournament's league following the final Cricket World Cup group stage match on Saturday, July 6, 2019 will progress to the semi finals of the Tournament. The winners of each semi final tie, which score on July 9 and July 11, will progress to the final which will score on July 14.”

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

not unreasonably i expected them to follow the terms and conditions which are largely clear even stating any points earned before entering the tournament are included. is this for the t20 comp though edmo?

ah no i see it isnt now but it is not in the t&c at all, which everyone should be able to rely upon and which are contradictory.

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Edmondson »

No, that’s lifted from WC game, you should be able to login and see it.

The t’s and c’s didn’t cover it.

I recall thinking, I’ll just check how these leagues run, before parting with entry fees, and happened across that page. In some respects it made me think, enter a few more, as must be able to get Top 4, but then did turn into a slight lottery.

I ended up using some of my lesser teams, so you could be free to have a crack on semi’s to try and secure at least a runner up cash prize.

Was actually quite entertaining following the knockouts. Shame they rather kept this buried if others weren’t aware.

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

12345678 wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 09:08 entered a few in the end total winnings (including stakes) were £1525.

been away and just logged in to find they want to pay me £190!

anyone else had issues?
That sucks...how can they not pay you :!:

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

Did you get your money 123454667 or did Ms/Miss/Mrs 823987237 get it :?:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”