To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sterling, Salah and Kane

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Sterling, Salah and Kane

Post by cymbalrush84 »

Anyone managed to get all three and still have a overall squad balance?

Quite tricky but achievable.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Gaf1986
Treebeard
FS Record: Hurrendous, must do better, much better

Re: Sterling, Salah and Kane

Post by Gaf1986 »

I have all 3 with Bernardo and robbo but I’m not convinced because I end up with a couple of starters I’d rather be benching

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

I’ve got all three and reasonably happy with balance.

Spreadsheet
FISOhead
FS Record: SDT Mini League Maestro - 5 wins and 3 Runners Up in 9 years. Never made it on the biggest stage though. I'm the DT David Bentley.

Only one FPL campaign (18/19) under my belt. Nothing spectacular.

Post by Spreadsheet »

I have an allergy to balance so I trip myself each year into squeezing two too many Galacticos into my squad under the false reassurance that this year will be the year I’m proved right to go with the mindset of Florentino Perez and the budget of Dave Whelan.

I’m not sure this is the year I’ll learn, not helped by the tempting opening fixtures they all have.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Zimmerman wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 22:00 I’ve got all three and reasonably happy with balance.
Im same as you and really like my starting 11 all the way round.

Out of interest have you gone 5-4-1 by any chance 😉

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Actually ive just realised ive got Aubemyang instead of Kane, but that just for the first 2 games, as feel the Arsenal fixtures easier.

Hopefully Kane dont have a price rise and i cant afford the swap, but hopefully that be unlikely after 2 games

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

:x

GRrrnooooh! I can’t breath.

... best of luck with it lads.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Stu255 wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 23:08 :x

GRrrnooooh! I can’t breath.

... best of luck with it lads.
I think it's not that bad because of two reasons:

1) Potential of FWDs as captains in 2 of 3 GWs
2) Difficulty in predicting Sterling's points.

Where would you spend the extra cash from downgrading one (or maybe two) of them?

muld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by muld »

Stevieste wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 22:07
Zimmerman wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 22:00 I’ve got all three and reasonably happy with balance.
Im same as you and really like my starting 11 all the way round.

Out of interest have you gone 5-4-1 by any chance 😉
I have all 3 and am 4-5-1

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 23:17 Where would you spend the extra cash from downgrading one (or maybe two) of them?
I would swap Sterling for KDB probably only 20-30pts difference between them over a season and use the extra £3.5m to get 2x premium defenders who would each rake in about 40-50 pts more than the £4.5m bomb scares all these teams are so content to carry.

boise1234
Grumpy Old Man

Post by boise1234 »

Also all three and 3-5-2....Salah the only LIV player...:)

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

cymbalrush84 wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 21:02 Anyone managed to get all three and still have a overall squad balance?

Quite tricky but achievable.

Not seen one decent balanced side yet. Wilson can cover Kane, so too can Moura. Not worth the extra until we know he's firing. I keep telling myself that as I'm quite scared :lol:

ricardo68
FISOhead

Post by ricardo68 »

I'm not seeing a lot of love for Aguerro, is it because he is taking a valuable City spot assigned to Sterling Walker Laporte Ederson KdB etc or is there something more to it? I would have him over Kane for sure and my team has him and Salah as the must haves.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

ricardo68 wrote: 06 Aug 2019, 03:41 I'm not seeing a lot of love for Aguerro, is it because he is taking a valuable City spot assigned to Sterling Walker Laporte Ederson KdB etc or is there something more to it? I would have him over Kane for sure and my team has him and Salah as the must haves.
Not expected to start the first game or 2

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Yes. I think I'm ready to go.
Screenshot_20190806_083226_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

andybarrell
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013 Licence to Kill Winner
2019 S15 R2 Championship Winner
2020 FISO H2H League 1 Winner
2020 5aSide Champions (Falcons)

Post by andybarrell »

Yes and good to go
Screenshot_20190806-092715_Chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

I did originally have the trio in with the following;

Pope / Heaton
VVD, Azpilicueta, AWB / Mings, C Taylor
Salah, Sterling, Barkley, Ceballos / Dendoncker
Kane, King, Murray

3-4-3 formation. That's currently become;

Ederson, Pope
VVD, Azpilicueta, Maguire / Mings, C Taylor
Salah, Sterling, Eriksen, Ceballos / Dendoncker
Jota, King, Wesley

I'm still toying with the line up, I can get Vardy in and go back to Barkley, or swap Eriksen and Ceballos and spend 14.5 on two 7.0s or maybe Siggy and Perez. The latter certainly gives me more balance but I do like to have Kane in my team because whenever he's not been in it he's usually gone on a scoring spree!

But it is possible to get Salah, Sterling and Kane in the team, but in all likelihood it will mean making a sacrifice or two to make it happen. Whether that proves better on point production than a balance team is debatable.

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

ricardo68 wrote: 06 Aug 2019, 03:41 I'm not seeing a lot of love for Aguerro, is it because he is taking a valuable City spot assigned to Sterling Walker Laporte Ederson KdB etc or is there something more to it? I would have him over Kane for sure and my team has him and Salah as the must haves.
Based on current ownership there is roughly 8% difference in favour of Kane. I suspect that is down to Kane being priced at 1 million cheaper than Aguero. Other reasons to favour Kane could be that he's almost guaranteed to start whereas Aguero could be rested, Kane also is more likely to play a full game whereas Aguero can come off after 60 minutes, and if we look at past FPL production Kane scored 200+ in three consecutive seasons and would likely have done so again had he not been injured whereas Aguero has two 200+ seasons to his name and inbetween them he had three seasons scoring 170 to 180 points.

Now I'm not saying Aguero is a bad pick - he's not - but is he worth a 1 million more than a healthy Kane?

I'd say no. Also, if Sterling continues his FPL trend scoring around 230 points in back to back seasons, it would likely be better to pick him than Aguero.

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Would you believe I have Sterling, Salah, Kane and KdB

bcfc1903
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: william hill champion 2010, 2012. all-inclusive league winner 2012, second x-league 2012.

Post by bcfc1903 »

Bixer wrote: 06 Aug 2019, 12:38 Would you believe I have Sterling, Salah, Kane and KdB
Just wow.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Bixer wrote: 06 Aug 2019, 12:38 Would you believe I have Sterling, Salah, Kane and KdB
I have played around with a 541 and 451 that has all four of them, and as long as there are 5.5m defenders or mids who look pickable it works. Just.

Of course if Greenwood starts in week 1 and you could go 532...

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

Bixer wrote:Would you believe I have Sterling, Salah, Kane and KdB
I would believe it, but I'd like to see at what detriment...

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

cymbalrush84 wrote: 06 Aug 2019, 15:16
Bixer wrote:Would you believe I have Sterling, Salah, Kane and KdB
I would believe it, but I'd like to see at what detriment...

Best I could come up with;

Ryan (Button)
Maguire, Zinchenko + (C Taylor, Mings, Diop)
Salah, Sterling, KDB, Ceballos (Dendoncker)
Kane, Wesley, Murray

If Burnley sell Tarkowski and Gibson ends up starting for them that does free up an extra .5 that would allow one of the 6m strikers to become King or Jota, or that could be allocated to a 6m defender like Walker or Azpilicueta.

I'm not going with this XV, it's a bit top heavy but I can see the appeal of having four big hitters and supplementing them with what's affordable.

dustyb
Wideboy

Post by dustyb »

Maybe I'm missing something, but i don't see the value in Salah? The aim of the game is to maximise points, not goals, so we're looking for best value: points per million.

Salah scored 259 and is priced at 12.5m. If we choose someone at half the value, say Luiz at £6.0m, his return was 164 points. If we double that he's 328 points, so much better value than Salah.

It's pretty obvious to me that there's much better value in defence. I like watching attackers trying to score, so I find it difficult to go defensive, but that's the rational move. I can't see the merit in trying to squeeze in all the mid/fwd big hitters?

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

It would be Salah + someone vs double Luiz. If we could use our £100m to buy (and play) as many players as we like, then you'd be correct!

dustyb
Wideboy

Post by dustyb »

I acknowledge that you need a couple of the big point scorers, as it's like squeezing two mid-value players in one slot, however if you go 4 big hitting attackers, you have to skimp on defence, which is where the value is. All about finding the balance I guess, just don't see it in having Sterline, Salah, Kane and KDB

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

dustyb wrote: 06 Aug 2019, 15:29 Maybe I'm missing something, but i don't see the value in Salah? The aim of the game is to maximise points, not goals, so we're looking for best value: points per million.

Salah scored 259 and is priced at 12.5m. If we choose someone at half the value, say Luiz at £6.0m, his return was 164 points. If we double that he's 328 points, so much better value than Salah.

It's pretty obvious to me that there's much better value in defence. I like watching attackers trying to score, so I find it difficult to go defensive, but that's the rational move. I can't see the merit in trying to squeeze in all the mid/fwd big hitters?
Let's say you take Perez and Luiz, they combined for roughly 300 points. That is more than Salah's 259 points from last season. However, the problem with this line of thought is that it doesn't take into account captaincy. It is unlikely that most players would captain Perez or Luiz, perhaps Perez on a DGW if it was favourable. The difference with Salah is he's almost an every week captain, so he will score substantially more than the 259 and Perez/Luiz with the captain's armband.

dustyb
Wideboy

Post by dustyb »

Interesting point about the captaincy actually, hadn't considered that :lol:
* tears up team sheet*

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

dustyb wrote: 06 Aug 2019, 15:42 I acknowledge that you need a couple of the big point scorers, as it's like squeezing two mid-value players in one slot, however if you go 4 big hitting attackers, you have to skimp on defence, which is where the value is. All about finding the balance I guess, just don't see it in having Sterline, Salah, Kane and KDB
Rough point tally for that team is 1712 for the starting XI. I've swapped in AWB and Keane and project they'll match last season's tally, Ryan/Button combined for 119 points, I've swapped in Neves as my fourth midfielder, and projected 120 points for the second and third striker.

Take out one star and go with Pope, Walker, VVD, AWB, Salah, Sterling, Barkley, Neves, Kane, King, Murray. That comes to 1776 points working on the basis that Kane hits a minimum of 200 points, the keeper nets 120, and Barkley gets 120 points.

Take out another star to go with Pope, Walker, VVD, AWB, Salah, Sterling, Anderson, Perez, Vardy, King, Jota. That comes to 1841 working on the basis everyone matches last year's production and the goalkeeper gets 120 points.

So you are right that a more balanced team could rack up more points than a top heavy team, and this is my preferred option. However, it can be difficult to leave out one of Salah, Kane and Sterling. Factor in Auba and Aguero, and picking only one or two of them can be difficult. But if done right, the team can thrive without being too top heavy.

dustyb
Wideboy

Post by dustyb »

Absolutely, it's about finding the balance, and half the fun of the game I guess.

Your point about captaincy has really thrown a spanner in the works though. If you captained Salah every week as an example, that doubles his entire tally for the season. If the money spent on him was spread between other players, you can still only captain one of the other ones.

Impossible to model exactly, but gut feeling to me seems like 2/3 big guns, then distribute the money around on best value players elsewhere. Use subs to swap your big guns based on form, swap captaincy each week based on form/fixtures.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”