To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Mason Greenwood - Will he drop?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Will he drop?

Drop
29%
Nope
41%
Don't care
31%

Total votes: 49

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Mason Greenwood - Will he drop?

Post by Mav3rick »

Assuming, for a moment, that Greenwood does not get any minutes at all in the first 3 GWs, do you think his price will drop? It seems an obvious answer for many but there are nuances which could see it go either way I think.

He is currently owned by 13.9% of teams. You'd have to assume most of them are active FPL managers monitoring pre-season, but many could be FPL casuals but dedicated Man Utd fans.

An ownership drop of somewhere around the 10% mark would normally be expected to incur a price drop (there are caveats to that but it's a broad target).

A 4.5 striker is not likely to be on many peoples list to transfer out urgently in FPL points terms.

Early wildcards provide an opportunity to remove him without affecting price drop statistics.

Large numbers of dead teams (or causal owners not making transfers) will potentially protect him by requiring a relatively high number of transfers out.

But, if he has high active ownership, then his price drop status will be being monitored. If he starts looking like he may drop, then it may become a self fulfilling prophecy.

It's only 0.1 so who cares?

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Mason Greenwood - Will he drop?

Post by Gambit »

Who will people transfer him out for?

There are no playing 4.5m strikers at the moment, maybe if somebody like Wickham scored a couple early season and Greenwood did nothing.

It's not like he can be swapped for whichever 6.0-.6.5 striker starts really well, that move will likely be from whichever 6.0-6.5m does nothing, not Greenwood unless people have kept 2m in the bank.

When players plunge in price there is usually a direction the people selling are moving in, I can't see where people would go if they started dumping Greenwood.

Desperado
Treebeard

Post by Desperado »

All it needs is one 6.5M striker and one 4.5M midfielder to score in GW1. For one hit there's two bandwagoons to catch and easy hop off from a sinking ship.

Honestly, I'd say that there's a significant risk for the price drop but I'm rather in the camp that doesn't care if I end up with him. He's a punt and if/when it goes south that price drop won't kill the season.

jonhoggy
FISOhead
FS Record: 7528

Post by jonhoggy »

I've taken him out so I'm in the don't care bracket, I can only see the odd cameo and cup games ahead. I'm more worried about having two 7m Liv Defs that if they start poorly, people will think twice about doubling up and they might drop.

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

If he doesn’t play is the first unknown. Then if he doesn’t, the only way he’ll drop early on is if there’s an option for two transfers to be made (freeing funds up), like a better midfield option with a 5.5/6.0 Fwd. Or if a more nailed on 4.5 option emerges. By GW3 some managers might have two transfers to do stuff for free (but not enough to make a difference). The longer it goes on the more he’ll be transferred out via a wildcard.

MOBIUS
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 2005-06 52nd. 2013-14 117th

Post by MOBIUS »

Nope, and as an enabler it’s no biggie either way.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

MOBIUS wrote: 04 Aug 2019, 13:46 Nope, and as an enabler it’s no biggie either way.
Whilst I agree a 0.1 doesn't make much difference over a season, for an early wildcard that 0.1 loss could result in a lost price point. How many lost cash on CHO last season? Perhaps a bit different as people expected CHO to play, while Greenwood is probably expected only to get some time off the bench.

deafleopard
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 334th in FPL 2013-2014. The rest is average...

Post by deafleopard »

According to the BBC Dybala talks have ended owing to his greedy* wage demands, this being the case Greenwood may get minutes and potentially goals, leading to a rise.

* Actual report stated excessive wage demands.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

And Fernandes is "back on"?

deafleopard
Red & Blue Braces

Post by deafleopard »

blahblah wrote: 04 Aug 2019, 21:30 And Fernandes is "back on"?
Apparently Real Madrid are also keen and to a lesser extent Tottenham.

Perhaps Sky TV money and big wages will mean he may opt for Man

OGS is looking for young hungry players, age wise he fits the bill.

Is scoring 20 goals in the Portugese league an impressive stat?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Recently he got 1 vs Lpool too, which has him down as almost a Legend already 😉

Will he want as much as Sanchez too though?

deafleopard
Red & Blue Braces

Post by deafleopard »

Time is running out so even if a deal is done for a new striker there is still a good chance come game week 1 Greenwood will line up.

An opening day hatrick would be nice and we all sell at a profit.

Ref wages OGS sounds like he's jealous of the big bucks, I can't see any new signings being paid £350k a week in the near future, so they may have to stick with what they have.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Martial seems to have played ST in a few pre-season games. If Ole sees him as a striker option, then Greenwood has to compete with Rashford, Martial and Lukaku for gametime. It's more likely that he gets minutes down the right, in which case, his goal threat will be a lot less. Don't see him exploding anytime soon.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Yes probably and 4.4 is an awful price..I'm toying on dropping Barkley for Dendonka and Greenwood for Ings. At least when Ings snaps his hammy walking onto the pitch 5.9 is s bit easier to replace

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

I am beginning to think MU will sell Lukaku and not replace him, spending the money on Eriksen instead (a very good buy for them in terms of team structure I think). Put Rashford and Martial either side of Greenwood and that looks like a scary attack to face.

I reckon Greenwood will get game time early doors and if he shows what he has done in preseason will stick. I also suspect OGS has him above Lukaku in his thoughts so whether or not Lukaku goes is not that big a factor.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Erik is sn interesting one as it seems that he won't re-sign next summer and with the TW here closing before others then Clubs from those Leagues could make silly offers? This in turn could prompt a slightly less silly offer from OT?

Lulu pretty much fits the same situation, and given that the Clubs who are linked with him are "skint". But it wouldn't be totally crazy for him to play wide right of Martial? (Assuming the bridges haven't been totally burnt.)

Surely any Pogba deal is too complicated to knock out in so little time?

Greenwood is only 17, so he won't be a regular, shirley?

Neath boy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Egg Cup Premier league champions 2011-12 and 2012-13. Fiso H2H PremierLeague champion 2015/16. FISO Super League regular season champion 2016-17.

Post by Neath boy »

There is also James who has been impressing pre-season.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

OGS on Mason Greenwood: “Mason is going to be playing and involved a lot and when he is he's going to score goals.”

from his PC today

Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO 5AS FA Cup Winner 2016/17, FISO 5AS Champions League Winner 2018/19 Best FPL Pos 11/12 - 9959th

Post by Taff Murray »

Also looking at the 4.5M options there are so few left in that category that there is nowhere to really go and directly replace him with now. Nketiah was the other viable option and he has gone. Gallacher, Surridge and Janssen have all disappeared. So the only other realistic choice is Wickham. So if you have gone down the 4.5M route there are no options without upgrading to a more expensive choice. I can't see everybody who has Greenwood having that luxury without multiple transfers so I suspect he is probably going to sit in the vast majority of teams just as an enabler with no real way of baling him out easily.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

The above is tempting me to switch Nketiah to Greenwood and spread my Rashford cash about.

The more mins he gets the more he shuffles up the bench from 3 to 1....

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

You should definitely switch him for somebody. He’s signed for Leeds.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I know, but tbh, if his price doesn't drop it isn't an issue with the other 2 Subs as real life starters.

2 non playing Subs is too risky\daft for me, but 1 I can carry to at least WC time - whenever that is.

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

I don't really see the concern people have about Greenwood dropping. So he has a high ownership for a £4.5m... so what?

Almost everyone who has Greenwood has him as the 15th man. If he doesn't perform... nobody will care.

Nobody will sell Greenwood to release funds because he is base price, so the only time folk might sell him is if they suddenly decide they need to upgrade their 15th man.
The only time that happens in the entire season is just before the DGW when lots of people are looking to play their BB.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Nketiah leaving reduces the chances of Greenwood dropping, imho, as he is the one Managers may have jumped to if Nketiah had played and scored before Greenwood...

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

Stu255 wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 10:48 I don't really see the concern people have about Greenwood dropping. So he has a high ownership for a £4.5m... so what?

Almost everyone who has Greenwood has him as the 15th man. If he doesn't perform... nobody will care.

Nobody will sell Greenwood to release funds because he is base price, so the only time folk might sell him is if they suddenly decide they need to upgrade their 15th man.
The only time that happens in the entire season is just before the DGW when lots of people are looking to play their BB.
Or if people decide they want to go 3 up top by downgrading elsewhere but the lack of options at 5 & 4.5 does help him.

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Taff Murray wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 10:34 Also looking at the 4.5M options there are so few left in that category that there is nowhere to really go and directly replace him with now. Nketiah was the other viable option and he has gone. Gallacher, Surridge and Janssen have all disappeared. So the only other realistic choice is Wickham. So if you have gone down the 4.5M route there are no options without upgrading to a more expensive choice. I can't see everybody who has Greenwood having that luxury without multiple transfers so I suspect he is probably going to sit in the vast majority of teams just as an enabler with no real way of baling him out easily.
If managers do ditch him over the next 2 GWs then more likely to be those using an early WC or in GW2 by those who save their GW1 transfer for GW2. Personally I prefer making transfers when I have 2 free transfers available rather than 1 as it gives more flexibility.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

If he doesn't start he might take 2 or 3 weeks to drop as no one really wastes a trans on 4.5 turds, to busy hopping on the wagons

If he gets mins and scores though it's free ride to 0.3s ville

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

blahblah wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 10:51 Nketiah leaving reduces the chances of Greenwood dropping, imho, as he is the one Managers may have jumped to if Nketiah had played and scored before Greenwood...
Martinelli might have something to sat about that

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

fred1266 wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 18:08
blahblah wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 10:51 Nketiah leaving reduces the chances of Greenwood dropping, imho, as he is the one Managers may have jumped to if Nketiah had played and scored before Greenwood...
Martinelli might have something to sat about that
Kerching..... 8-)

I thought he would be a Mid :lol:

Just about as I was about to go BB :| Decisions, decisons....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”