To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Goalkeepers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Goalkeepers

Post by Pulpy »

Burnley's fixtures are not good until GW 5 so is it not worth waiting until the first wildcard for their stopper?

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Heaton to Villa, fee agreed, seems it will get done.

Does that now mean we have 2 potential 4.5 GK who we know will actually start?!!

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Pope and Hart?

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

Pulpy wrote: 31 Jul 2019, 10:11 Burnley's fixtures are not good until GW 5 so is it not worth waiting until the first wildcard for their stopper?
Fixtures for a Burnley keeper shouldn't really matter. Heaton scored 150 and 149 points in 14/15 and 16/17, while Pope managed 152 points in 17/18. Ok last season the two Burnley keepers combined for only 127 points (Hart and Heaton), but a Burnley keeper is usually pretty reliable for a very solid points total. Even last season their combined points haul puts them in the top ten, and another 150 point season would have seen them ranked 4th behind Pickford, Ederson and Allison. I wouldn't be put off Pope at 4.5

Same goes for Heaton at 4.5, I expect him to be a good addition at Villa and should provide good production from a cheap goalkeeper. Villa would strike me to be a similar type of team that will need Heaton to make a lot of saves. He might have penalties to save and should get some clean sheets along the way.

I currently have Ederson and Pope, but I am tempted to swap Ederson for Heaton, then use the funds saved to changed Milivojevic for Pogba, then perhaps swap AWB for Walker to get City and United coverage in the team. But I haven't decided on that one yet.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Pope Heaton for me now no brainer

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Pope has a (hopefully!) minor ankle injury. I'm pretty sure he'll be first choice when fit, at least I hope so, because I don't want to see Hart in goal very often. I'll be a lot happier if Pope plays in our final preseason friendly on Saturday.

As for the Heaton transfer, although I'm really sad to see him go, it's good money for a 33 year old with just a year left on his contract and after the service he's given us, it's only fair to allow him to leave if we can't give him the guaranteed football he wants. I suspect Villa will be paying him more than we can as well, especially when we have two other keepers on wages at the top of our structure (bloody Hart :x ).

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

Lloris and Vile-bound Heaton (to begin) would work a treat for me, having Lloris season-long whilst having a 4.5 keeper during Spurs' tricky games, such as...

GW2

AV: Bournemouth (H)
TH: Citeh (A)

GW4

AV: Palace (A)
TH: Arsenal (A)

I'm wary of GW10 but by then, I'll have enough free transfers to replace Heaton and apply the same method.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Tricky one, I'd normally suggest swerving the Burnley keeper up to the wildcard, but actually none of the 4.5 keepers look obviously safe for the period. A pair of them might work, but then you've got the likes of Fabianski for the same price.

I might well just take the Tony Soprano route and get myself a Gunn (or a blade).

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

cymbalrush84 wrote: 31 Jul 2019, 19:38 Lloris and Vile-bound Heaton (to begin) would work a treat for me, having Lloris season-long whilst having a 4.5 keeper during Spurs' tricky games, such as...
An extra 1.5m spend over a 4.5/4.0 pairing though! Keepers get a good chunk of their points from saves, especially the cheaper ones, which is what counts against the mid range guys like Lloris and maybe DDG - they don't get enough clean sheets to score big points that way, but they also don't get enough save points to boost their clean sheet scores the way that Heaton, Fabiasnki, etc have in seasons past.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

A tad harsh as Lloris missed 9 matches last season in hitting 145 points and de Gea knocked up 172 points the season before last. I'm pondering both, but I'm on Fabianski atm as cheaper and the delusion that WHam get mire than 7 CS's.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

A tad harsh as Lloris missed 9 matches last season in hitting 145 points and de Gea knocked up 172 points the season before last. I'm pondering both, but I'm on Fabianski atm as cheaper and the delusion that WHam get mire than 7 CS's.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

That DDG season was a weird one though where he got a lot of clean sheets and a bucket load of saves. Not usually normal! Look at Ederson - 20 clean sheets needed to hit 160.

Point taken on Llorris, didn't realise he'd missed a quarter of the season. If that's the case then there's an argument for taking him, but his returns have been a pretty consistent 140-150 over the years, which is a range not unheard of from the best cheap keeper with bundles of save points and BPs.

Its just finding that 4.5 keeper that looks tricky, although if we get clarity on Pope he's got to be the one really.

TheCrystalBall
Treebeard

Post by TheCrystalBall »

Heaton to Villa could be good for FPL. They have very decent fixtures after the opening game against Spurs and would expect a few clean sheets and plenty of saves. They may even prove to be a bit more solid with the signing of Luiz

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

re DdG: that was when I did some GK maffs, but I can't find the thread and that laptop died.... Combining his saves and Goals conceded had them with the 8th(ish) best defence, which I used to argue against him and their defence. If you can find the thread, can you post a link as it was where I debunked the GK Rotation nonsense, which has hardly been mentioned this summer?

blah was right 😱😱😱😎😎😎

AR was banging the Lloris drum last season, which I didn't understand, but he had a point... I think I was on a CP pair and then Guata (sp) and a 4m who ended up getting games and me points. It may have been Boruc.

I'm not sure about Burnley, who look to be the least bad of the 4.5 GK's. If it is back to pre EL then yes the defence and GK should be excellent. However, they were poor all of last season and didn't qualify you the actual EL and it could well be GK's as Pope is injured (again) and that phrase Injury Prone isn't good in FF.

Using last season's points and this one's prices I think 127 was the highest from a 4.5m Club ie not a single player.

My thinking was along the lines of which are likely to have improved defences and then is there an attacking threat in that defence who would get more if them than Save Points.

That took Alisson out, due to TAA et al
Ederson isn't actually totally out, but Laporte gets goals..
Pickford (this was before the other day) was in the frame, but Digne looks a more likely candidate.
de Gea: surely they will get more than 7 CS's? But would I prefer Shaw? (WB seems a lesser choice re his attacking threat to me.)
Fabianski: top saver and no apparent attacking threat from his defenders 😎
Lloris: I'm very tempted and have a notion of starting with him and Fab then Bench Boosting in GW1, which gives me a few GW's to pick one of them.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

right. So Burnley's attempts to confuse us all are not over.

They have bought the Leeds GK :roll:

Am thinking this means Pope is not fit, and Hart is not trusted (and Heaton is not there...) ... meaning Leeds guy will get the start?

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

raoul wrote:right. So Burnley's attempts to confuse us all are not over.

Am thinking this means Pope is not fit, and Hart is not trusted (and Heaton is not there...) ... meaning Leeds guy will get the start?
If Pope isn't fit Hart will start

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

As above if Dyche has Pope marked as Injury Prone...

I did read that Hart was linked with another Club, so time may whittle them fown to 2 GK's, but it has to be both not just Pope?

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Had to justify Burnely lair for 9m when you could get Fabianski for same money and better fixtures and arguably better back 4

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

This is all pointing towards me avoiding a Burnley goalkeeper in my opening squad, monitoring the situation in their tough opening gameweeks, and then wildcarding in whoever establishes themselves as first choice a few weeks in, in time for their fixture swing. There is no point gambling on who is going to be number 1 in my opening squad. Instead I'll go for Heaton, Ryan or Henderson I think.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Im really tempted to go on Heaton now.

Ive been torn between Pope and pickford but im just going to play it safe.

Pope not gurateed to start and my 2nd keeper is button.
Pickford im not overly happy with now Gueye gone, so im thinking of saving some cash and sticking with heaton and praying Aston Villa have the best form out of the promoted teams and dont do what fulham did

White Tiger
Grumpy Old Man

Post by White Tiger »

raoul wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 11:05 right. So Burnley's attempts to confuse us all are not over.

Surely he's one for the future, he was Leeds' bench keeper. He's young, & I doubt he'd be thrown in any time soon.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

raoul wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 11:05 right. So Burnley's attempts to confuse us all are not over.

No. At 22 years of age, the Leeds keeper is one for the future. The pecking order will be Pope, Hart, Peacock-Farrell.

I believe we're still trying to offload Hart but, unsurprisingly, nobody seems to want him.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

White Tiger wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 11:42

Surely he's one for the future, he was Leeds' bench keeper. He's young, & I doubt he'd be thrown in any time soon.
He was their starting keeper I thought? Did he get dropped later in the season?

White Tiger
Grumpy Old Man

Post by White Tiger »

raoul wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 12:51
White Tiger wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 11:42

He was their starting keeper I thought? Did he get dropped later in the season?
Yes, until replaced by Real Madrid's 3rd/4th choice keeper in Jan.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Latest news is that Pope is fit to play against Parma on Saturday.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Pope starts today.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Heaton and Pope for me …. Hope :wink: for the best

HungryHungrySuarez
Red & Blue Braces

Post by HungryHungrySuarez »

Ederson + 4.0 fodder. Set & Forget.

Desperado
Treebeard

Post by Desperado »

I have Lloris + 4.0 at the moment. Not scared about GW's 2 and 4 since there's always save points to catch and their first and third match (AVL and NEW) couldn't get any better.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Ive got Pope and Button.

I intend on keeping Pope for the season, he was immense a couple of seasons ago and half of that form this season will get him plenty of save points, with hopefully a good few cleans and BPS 👌🏻

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”