To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

4.0-5.0 Defenders

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: 4.0-5.0 Defenders

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

From4corners wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 21:51 I'm going to say WHU's Ryan Fredericks (4.5), in my team again at least.
Will be killed as an FPL option by regular appearances from Zabaleta, as Pellegrini somehow still thinks Zabs has a working pair of legs.

(Spoiler: He does not.)

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Have any Sheff United fans got an opinion on whether John Lundstram is likely to play when push comes to shove?

A 4m defender who's been 'impressing' at CM in friendlies according to the manager and has a 'definite part to play':

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/footbal ... ays-485003

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Small sample size obviously, but found this on the Sheffield Utd subreddit
John Lundstram, a ridiculous wildcard. The man was built for the number 6 role which was scarcely needed in the championship as the nature of most matches was to attack and work at full tilt right from the back, bypassing the centre circle almost completely. Defensive matches will come thick and fast and we'll need someone at the base of midfield for Egan to minion about.
Also a much longer post here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyPL/comm ... am_40_def/
Unless... There's a chance he could become a regular starter. A small-chance, but still a chance! Norwood and Fleck will start every game when fit, but given the increased difficulty of our opposition, we could shift from playing with 2 CMs and 1 AM (Duffy) to 3 CMs. If we do, I'd imagine there will be at least one key midfield signing, and Lunny would be sitting on the bench where he belongs (that was unreasonably savage, sorry Lunny). But if we don't, or if there's an injury to the new guy (or Fleck), then Lunny could have a decent chance of starting, perhaps in a role similar to Dendoncker in Wolves' midfield 3 (where Norwood = Neves, and Fleck = Moutinho). If the (extremely remote) possibility of a 4.0m defender starting as a box-to-box midfielder for an unexpectedly defensively solid newly promoted side doesn't get you slobbering with excitement like a waterboarded bulldog, I don't know why you bother with this game.
And lastly, some other forum links to the Sheffield Utd forum which might shed some light:

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?t ... ead.73468/

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?t ... %87.73472/

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Signing Ravel Morrison & Lys Moussett will lessen the chances of the fringe players somewhat I expect.

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

FFScout have just posted the pre-season minutes of all the £4.0m options so far

Hanley (Norwich) - 270
Gibson (Burnley) - 225
Kelly (Crystal Palace) - 204
Lundstram (Sheffield United)- 180
Johnson (West Ham) - 149
Stearman (Sheffield United) - 121
Reid (West Ham) - 112

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Gibson a bit misleading because they split the team into two and played two games same time. Gibson will only play in prem if Tawko goes

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

Billy Bongo wrote:Gibson a bit misleading because they split the team into two and played two games same time. Gibson will only play in prem if Tawko goes

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Wouldn't rule out a move away either. Weren't Sheff U sniffing?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Hanley could be a decent bet to start the season due to Zimmermann's injury. Pity about their fixtures.

Perhaps he's the only 4m guy looking likely at this point? And he has to beat Timm Klose to the spot first.

Edit: Any update on Sakho/Tomkins injuries (for the sake of Kelly)?

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Looks like rudiger is out. Will Christensen get the nod to play alongside Luiz at 5.0?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Zouma in at 5mn. If he nails down a first team place at Everton or Chelsea, could be decent.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

In terms of 4m defenders, I think Rico has an outside chance of becoming the Holy Grail we're all looking for.

Probably a bit of a better chance than that actually. He's not on the above list, but shared the first two friendlies 50/50 with new 20 year old LB signing Kelly. In the first of Bournemouth's weird bunches of 2 friendlies on consecutive days, 4.5m Kelly played 90 today, presumably meaning Rico gets 90 tomorrow. Looks like a straight shootout between the two for the spot.

Before he got injured himself, Rico was used when Daniels (who is still out for ages) got injured at the end of last season, though one game Adam Smith went to LB with the now-departed Clyne RB.

Rotates pretty well with Diop (/any WHU defender).

stevewba
Wideboy

Post by stevewba »

Valery at Southampton looks a decent player , any Saints fans with a heads up ?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

FFS tweeted this about OOP 4.0 defender Lundstram today:
Sheffield United are now five matches into pre-season and John Lundstram (£4.0m) is still the second-most used player...

...AND he got 2 assists today
Blades fans seem somewhat less convinced by him though and their manager was quoted after the game as saying "Likely to bring in a central midfielder still".

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?t ... des.73759/

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Mav3rick wrote: 27 Jul 2019, 17:45 FFS tweeted this about OOP 4.0 defender Lundstram today:
Sheffield United are now five matches into pre-season and John Lundstram (£4.0m) is still the second-most used player...

...AND he got 2 assists today
Blades fans seem somewhat less convinced by him though and their manager was quoted after the game as saying "Likely to bring in a central midfielder still".

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?t ... des.73759/
yes, was just going to post about this, some of their fans think he has done ok in protecting the back four.

Would be ironic that the season everybody is going for a massive defence is a year where there could be three playing 4.0 defenders!

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Lundstram, Rico and who's the third one?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Kelly at Palace presumably.

flare2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consistently satisfactory

Post by flare2 »

Stemania wrote: 26 Jul 2019, 23:43 In terms of 4m defenders, I think Rico has an outside chance of becoming the Holy Grail we're all looking for.

Probably a bit of a better chance than that actually. He's not on the above list, but shared the first two friendlies 50/50 with new 20 year old LB signing Kelly. In the first of Bournemouth's weird bunches of 2 friendlies on consecutive days, 4.5m Kelly played 90 today, presumably meaning Rico gets 90 tomorrow. Looks like a straight shootout between the two for the spot.

Before he got injured himself, Rico was used when Daniels (who is still out for ages) got injured at the end of last season, though one game Adam Smith went to LB with the now-departed Clyne RB.

Rotates pretty well with Diop (/any WHU defender).
Rico played well today against Brentford. Could easily have had a couple of assists. I’m nervous about his defence frailties against PL opposition but stemania is correct in that there’s an outside chance of him starting. He has obvious quality but struggled to settle last season, language supposedly being a bit of an issue.

One to keep an eye on.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Mav3rick wrote: 27 Jul 2019, 20:47 Kelly at Palace presumably.
That's the one I've got. :)

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Kelly looks just about dead imo. Sakho returning back fit to partner Dann.

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

Stemania wrote: 28 Jul 2019, 12:59 Kelly looks just about dead imo. Sakho returning back fit to partner Dann.
Do you think Sakho goes into CB instead of Ward, who in turn moves to RB? Kelly got 81 minutes against Bristol City at the weekend.

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

or has Kelly been playing at CB?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

According to Woy he has so few defenders available that he just plays the fit ones.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

ajcairns wrote: 29 Jul 2019, 11:55 or has Kelly been playing at CB?
Yep, he's been filling in at CB next to Dann, with Ward already RB.

It's Rico (or an unlikely Lundstram) or bust, as far as I can see. :)

Edit: though I have since read whispers that Ben Johnson has impressed for West Ham at RB in preseason. Surely he can't oust Fredericks though?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Just looking at the friendlies, is Chambers becoming first choice Arsenal CB at 4.5m?

Koscielny and Mustafi appear to be in the doghouse.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Stemania wrote: 30 Jul 2019, 14:58 Just looking at the friendlies, is Chambers becoming first choice Arsenal CB at 4.5m?

Koscielny and Mustafi appear to be in the doghouse.
Both possibly on their way out, according to the BBC.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Holding seems to be a certain starter from what notice I have paid...

FootballFanatic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by FootballFanatic »

TOPCATDUSS wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 20:00 I thought spurs made aurier available for transfer? which suggests foyth will be rb unless spurs sign anyone to play there.
Foyth will be rb I believe. He's been playing there for Argentina (plenty of recent starts at right back for Argentina) and Pochettino is Argentinian of course.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

FootballFanatic wrote: 30 Jul 2019, 15:09
TOPCATDUSS wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 20:00 I thought spurs made aurier available for transfer? which suggests foyth will be rb unless spurs sign anyone to play there.
Foyth will be rb I believe. He's been playing there for Argentina (plenty of recent starts at right back for Argentina) and Pochettino is Argentinian of course.
Apparently Aurier is recovering from hand surgery and is a doubt for GW1, so we probably won't get to learn for sure until it's too late.

Poch has recently rotated the living death out of his fullbacks, but if one regular does emerge it looks like a leave-till-the-wildcard player to me.

FootballFanatic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by FootballFanatic »

Stemania wrote: 30 Jul 2019, 15:25
FootballFanatic wrote: 30 Jul 2019, 15:09
Apparently Aurier is recovering from hand surgery and is a doubt for GW1, so we probably won't get to learn for sure until it's too late.

Poch has recently rotated the living death out of his fullbacks, but if one regular does emerge it looks like a leave-till-the-wildcard player to me.
I certainly won't be risking it. He does rotate them to death.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Is Watford's defence settled? If so what is it?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”