To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Chelsea Mids/Atts

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
MOBIUS
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 2005-06 52nd. 2013-14 117th

Re: Chelsea Mids/Atts

Post by MOBIUS »

I’ll just wait and see and jump in depending who emerges as a regular starter. Got a feeling Abraham might emerge as the main man but not risking GW1

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Post by Agent Overson »

I expect their starting XI vs United to be

Kepa
Azpi Luiz Christensen Emerson
Kante Jorginho
Barkley
Pedro Giroud Pulisic

RLC to replace Barkley
CHO to replace Pedro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 23:15
Stevieste wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 22:31 Giroud the outsider of the 3 imo, he never been a starting striker in his entire career
Except for Arsenal. And Montpellier. And France.
What season has Giroud ever been the main striker for Arsenal ?

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

There was 3-4 years between Van Persie leaving and Lacazette signing. Granted Sanchez occasionally played up front instead of Giroud but Giroud was definitely 1st choice for a period.

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

2013/2014 season Giroud started 36 out of 36 matches he played for Arsenal in PL

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

I didnt know that to fair, but i still dont think he start the season, but thats only my opinion.

If he is going for a youthful looping team, then Giroud is not the got to man.

I think Tammy have a good season for Chelsea if gets off to a good start, other than Man Uts first game, they have an easy run to begin with

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Only Lampard will really know from training sessions and friendlies etc, whether he prefers the experienced hold up play and guile from Giroud or whether they need some pace and directness. It maybe that all of them are going to be nullified by each other. In fact I'd say that's most likely, dependant on the opposition.

Or it could be that one of the three strikers just simply gels better with Pulisic, Pedro, CHO, etc. Or it could be that he sometimes plays two up front or one withdrawn from another. I think it's too risky to go for any of them and I wouldn't be surprised if I'm of the same opinion in 2 months time.

I don't fancy any of their midfielders either. Despite the transfer ban, when everyone's fit, there's so many attacking players there. Luiz might be the sensible option post WC, but he's yet another excellent value defender thrown into the congested mix.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Sutter Kane wrote: 24 Jul 2019, 11:37 Only Lampard will really know from training sessions and friendlies etc, whether he prefers the experienced hold up play and guile from Giroud or whether they need some pace and directness. It maybe that all of them are going to be nullified by each other. In fact I'd say that's most likely, dependant on the opposition.

Or it could be that one of the three strikers just simply gels better with Pulisic, Pedro, CHO, etc. Or it could be that he sometimes plays two up front or one withdrawn from another. I think it's too risky to go for any of them and I wouldn't be surprised if I'm of the same opinion in 2 months time.
Yeah, pretty much this. We can't possibly know how Lampard is thinking so all we can really do is wait and see what happens. Personally I think Giroud is the best of their forward options and could make a mockery of his £7.0m price tag if he gets the nod, but he's not pickable unless he's actually picked.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

The player I'm strongly looking at to potentially unlock the financial doors is Barkley for 6m.

I know Mount has gotten the headlines, but Ross looks like he's most likely to get the role-in-the-hole and has been great in pre-season from the accounts I've read.

Really close eyes on him for the last few friendlies.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I'm on the side of patience and waiting to see which is Fool's Gold and which could be Gold.

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man

Stemania wrote: 29 Jul 2019, 11:50 The player I'm strongly looking at to potentially unlock the financial doors is Barkley for 6m.

I know Mount has gotten the headlines, but Ross looks like he's most likely to get the role-in-the-hole and has been great in pre-season from the accounts I've read.

I agree, he has been really lively in pre-season. Played 1st half yesterday when the majority of the expected 1st choice side went out second half which is my concern atm. Thankfully we have a couple of weeks to let Chelsea bed in but Fraser>Chelsea mid is pencilled in for GW3 for me, hopefully freeing up a decent chunk of funds.

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

Stemania wrote:The player I'm strongly looking at to potentially unlock the financial doors is Barkley for 6m.

I'm increasingly of the opinion that Mount will overall get more minutes than Barkley as he offers more mobility in the 10 role.

It's an close one to watch.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I wouldn't be surprised if both start after a while in a 4141 or 3 atb and the width from WB's.

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Post by Agent Overson »

Interesting to see Barkley take and score a pen tonight with Jorginho/Luiz on the pitch. Two assists too.

Based on tonight's game/performances/pre-season, Chelsea's XI vs United will be

Kepa
Azpi Christensen Luiz Emerson
Kovacic Jorginho
Pedro Barkley Pulisic
Giroud

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

cymbalrush84 wrote: 29 Jul 2019, 12:00
Stemania wrote:The player I'm strongly looking at to potentially unlock the financial doors is Barkley for 6m.

I'm increasingly of the opinion that Mount will overall get more minutes than Barkley as he offers more mobility in the 10 role.

It's an close one to watch.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
Not sure about no.10, Barkley, if willing to learn, is the one player at CFC that Frank can help most to fill the no.8 position, for CFC and England. All of them should learn how to take a penalty from him.

Reecey2
Red & Blue Braces

Barkley

Post by Reecey2 »

What are people thoughts on him this year? Think he could do well under Lampard. Should get plenty of game time and has possibility of being on pens?

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Re: Barkley

Post by No Way Jose »

Definitely keen on some Chelsea fans input as I don’t know the context of their squad really. RLC and CHO injured. Barkley starting at 6m regardless of pens would be worth signing but chance of pens would be big

zalk
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 2197

Post by zalk »

He's in my team atm even though it feels like a bit of a punt. However, he's been involved in goals in 5/6 games he's featured in during the pre season. Hard to ignore that.

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man

No Way Jose wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 09:28 Definitely keen on some Chelsea fans input as I don’t know the context of their squad really. RLC and CHO injured. Barkley starting at 6m regardless of pens would be worth signing but chance of pens would be big
He's in my team, I'm 90% confident he is first choice but that he will be subbed off regularly for Mount throughout the season but I can live with that at 6M in the 10 role.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

David Luiz Is A Hero wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 09:54
No Way Jose wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 09:28 Definitely keen on some Chelsea fans input as I don’t know the context of their squad really. RLC and CHO injured. Barkley starting at 6m regardless of pens would be worth signing but chance of pens would be big
He's in my team, I'm 90% confident he is first choice but that he will be subbed off regularly for Mount throughout the season but I can live with that at 6M in the 10 role.
Yeah if he’s starting he’s in. Good to hear you’re confident!

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man

I also think there is a good chance of him being on pens, Barkley is a confident lad who has stepped up to take them and as I have said before on here, Jorginho is an awful pen taker and is far from nailed to start anyway once Kante is fit. Willian or whichever one of the forwards is 1st choice would be the only ones likely to take them imo (although Luiz takes a great pen).

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

We need to talk about CHELSEA

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

So, they have quite a good fixtures, and a lot of cheap options considering they're actuallt a top team. No striker over 7.0, for example.

But the question is, which players to pick? If you find two good picks, u can have cheap scoring options for 14 GW's.

I am tempted by a lot of options but I would like to hear what you guys think. Chelsea-fans are very welcome to post about what players that are likely to play etc.

Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi are both injured in the opening which is sad because they could have been good punts, BUT, it also means less rotation risk for other options (Barkley?).

defence-wise, it also looks kind of interesting.
Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 12.35.23.png
If this topic already exists I am sorry.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zalk
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 2197

Re: We need to talk about CHELSEA

Post by zalk »

I'm going with Kepa and Barkley.
I think half of those opening 12 will be clean sheets with Kanté back in his old role.

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man

Barkley and Pulisic the only options that are interesting me atm. I'm currently on Barkley but have Fraser for his fixtures to take a look at Pulisic/Martial etc.

Defence isn't in play for me as we have been conceding so many goals pre season and the attack is a complete unknown.

Fuzz
FISOhead
FS Record: 579th in FPL 2014/15

Post by Fuzz »

I’m interested in Barkley.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

David Luiz Is A Hero wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 11:53 Barkley and Pulisic the only options that are interesting me atm. I'm currently on Barkley but have Fraser for his fixtures to take a look at Pulisic/Martial etc.

Defence isn't in play for me as we have been conceding so many goals pre season and the attack is a complete unknown.
Barkley and Martial for me, until Pullasicky does something in the League.

Indeed to the defence: from what I have seen it has looked decidedly open....

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Barkley here

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

swadd1er wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 14:03 Barkley here
Hi, Ross!

Tel The Gooner
Kevin and Perry

Post by Tel The Gooner »

I've taken a punt with Barkley but I have a feeling it's one I'll live to regret and he'll become Grealish quite quickly.

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

So does anyone know who will start upfront? Whoever that will be it could be a decent pick.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”