To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The importance of captains

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

The importance of captains

Post by ronny10 »

Just wondering how many times on average a team that finished high up overall didnt have a captain for any given game day.

It seems we get wrapped up in the idea of having a captain for each game day but how necessary is it and over a season does this mindset actually have a detrimental effect on our teams.

I've not looked at picking teams properly yet but I'm thinking what the difference would be between picking a team that covers captains every game day upto the first overhaul and one that I just like based solely on the player picks whether it means missing a game day captain or 2.

I may do 1 team of each to start with

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Re: The importance of captains

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Like all these things a bit of both is the answer

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

I found chasing captains last season detrimental to my team.

This season as an experiment for the first 4 weeks T1 is going to be captain chasing, T2 isnt. I wont be doing any transfers in the first 4 weeks either.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Here's the difference in my teams (t1 captains for every match day, t2 picked by predicted ppm). I've not been through T2 to check how many matchdays i'm missing captains for yet.

T1 -
PICKFORD
COLEMAN
DIGNE
STEVENS
SIGGY
DEUL
MILIVOJEVIC
MCNEIL
AGUERO
RASHFORD
SALAH

T2 -
PICKFORD
TARGETT
DIGNE
COLEMAN
VAN DIJK
LAPORTE
SIGGY
TIELEMANS
MILIVOJEVIC
WILSON
SALAH

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 14 Jul 2019, 09:46 Like all these things a bit of both is the answer
Yeah, It would be interesting to see a percentage of games captained throughout the season of say the top 50 teams last season. Also a percentage of captains that scored say 8 or more pts over the season.

I realise it's more about hitting the right captains but just thinking how much influence it has on people's original team choices and transfers.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

If say sky and dreamteam players were priced exactly the same, how much would those teams differ based on the differing game rules and scoring

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Post by Cars and Mané »

Depends. When I won it, I covered pretty much every captain. A majority of those didn't come off and I wasted a lot of transfers, but a few did and they propelled me up the leaderboard.

I think the right approach is make sure most of your team is pretty set so you can take a few captaincy punts when they come along.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Across Sky and FanTeam - I'll now be able to have all the big boys captained 8-)

Best of luck to anyone who will have to be hiding behind the sofa :lol:

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

BLOCKHEAD wrote: 20 Jul 2019, 18:46 Across Sky and FanTeam - I'll now be able to have all the big boys captained 8-)

Best of luck to anyone who will have to be hiding behind the sofa :lol:
That's what i did last season with 3 up front........didn't work for me. Everyone else was churning out bonus points for defs and mids while i wasn't and i ended up with 4pt captains.

Might work well at the start of the season with the big boys that take pens.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”