To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Jota v Jimenez

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
MOBIUS
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 2005-06 52nd. 2013-14 117th

Jota v Jimenez

Post by MOBIUS »

points per game suggests Jimenez may be worth the extra £1m, but it was a season of two halves for Jota, so anyone know how they compared for second half / end of season stats?
I’m thinking if Jota carries on where he left off, he’s the value pick of the two.
Thoughts?

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Re: Jota v Jimenez

Post by Spinynorman »

Because of the Europa stuff it's a wait and see for me.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Jimenez has pen duty obviously, but I did compare the two using FFS stats and Jota was slightly behind on most metrics, from memory I think he was only doing better on shot accuracy. Jimenez seemed to pick up quite a few assists last season as well which obviously helped his points tally in FPL but I do think that's probably a bit of variance involved in that and I'd assume either could end up top of the assist stakes this year.

As ever I think it comes down to what you can do with the money. Based on Jota and Jimemez' numbers from last year, Jimenez looks the better pick, but is he 1.0 better, that's the crucial question.

jimborogers
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimborogers »

There's a write up on fantasy football scout.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

It seems like Costa could be on his way back eith Wolves and Everton the top 2 with WHam 3rd imho - But they are in London...

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

He's scored 11/42 (all comps), in two seasons;
for the team that has finished second in both of them seasons (in a relatively weak league)... is Costa the same player he was 3 or 4 years ago?

I think he'd be a bad move for Wolves.

He's a West Ham kind of signing.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Maybe but would take minutes from one or both of the J's?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

IF he was signed (but I don’t see Wolves signing him).

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

Mav3rick wrote:Jimenez has pen duty obviously, but I did compare the two using FFS stats and Jota was slightly behind on most metrics, from memory I think he was only doing better on shot accuracy. Jimenez seemed to pick up quite a few assists last season as well which obviously helped his points tally in FPL but I do think that's probably a bit of variance involved in that and I'd assume either could end up top of the assist stakes this year.

As ever I think it comes down to what you can do with the money. Based on Jota and Jimemez' numbers from last year, Jimenez looks the better pick, but is he 1.0 better, that's the crucial question.
Jimenez and Neves have been taking penalties in turns. Just bear that one in mind.

Jota had to be better value and keep in mind he scored the first of those goals in December when he returned from injury.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”