To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Leicester mids (Perez, Tielemans, Maddison)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Adelante
Treebeard

Leicester mids (Perez, Tielemans, Maddison)

Post by Adelante »

Newcastle agreed a £30 million fee with Leicester.

Interesting particularly after his reclassification!

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Re: Perez

Post by Stevieste »

Adelante wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 22:32 Newcastle agreed a £30 million fee with Leicester.

A must have for me now i think, he will do really well there in an attack minded team.

I can see Leicester doing really well next season if hold on to there big names and get Tielmans signed on again

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

Adelante wrote:Newcastle agreed a £30 million fee with Leicester.

Where will he fit in? Wide attacking role? Doubt he'll be playing in the 9 or 10 role every week.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

cymbalrush84 wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 22:54

Where will he fit in? Wide attacking role? Doubt he'll be playing in the 9 or 10 role every week.

Wide attacking role i suspect, as Maddison be in the hole behind Vardy

ThingsCouldGetMessi
Wideboy

Post by ThingsCouldGetMessi »

Speaking as a Leicester fan, I would say most likely on the right but up top when needed. Tielemans played just behind Vardy last season and I would expect this to continue if he returns. Barnes looks very promising on the left and if he can develop an end product he could be class. Gray would be the most the most likely to lose out but he doesn't seem to have improved in over 3 years with us. With all things considered, I would actually say Tielemans is the most likely to be an FPL asset out of our midfield options if we do sign him and would be a safer option to start with than Perez.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I...er...can't believe we're getting 30m for him quite frankly. :?

Sad to see him go as he's been an amazing servant. He's had a few little runs of goals (especially the last couple of months of the last two seasons), and certainly improved a lot under Benitez, but I still see him as a little light-weight. Was actually one of the players I thought we might have to upgrade to go to the next level! :shock:

He's been more of a number 10 for us, only recently moving wider when Rafa moved to 343. Just about anyone who plays regularly in a Rodger's Leicester attack is worthy of FPL consideration though. For Leicester's sake I hope they are getting Tielemans too, as Perez is no Tielemans.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Stemania wrote: 03 Jul 2019, 00:20 For Leicester's sake I hope they are getting Tielemans too, as Perez is no Tielemans.
He's no Jack Kennedy either.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 03 Jul 2019, 00:30
Stemania wrote: 03 Jul 2019, 00:20 For Leicester's sake I hope they are getting Tielemans too, as Perez is no Tielemans.
He's no Jack Kennedy either.
🤣🤣

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Stemania wrote: 03 Jul 2019, 00:20 I...er...can't believe we're getting 30m for him quite frankly. :?

Sad to see him go as he's been an amazing servant. He's had a few little runs of goals (especially the last couple of months of the last two seasons), and certainly improved a lot under Benitez, but I still see him as a little light-weight. Was actually one of the players I thought we might have to upgrade to go to the next level! :shock:

He's been more of a number 10 for us, only recently moving wider when Rafa moved to 343. Just about anyone who plays regularly in a Rodger's Leicester attack is worthy of FPL consideration though. For Leicester's sake I hope they are getting Tielemans too, as Perez is no Tielemans.
a transaction that appears to make little if any business sense - which makes me very suspicious

dan_92
Wideboy

Post by dan_92 »

ThingsCouldGetMessi wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 23:19

Speaking as a Leicester fan, I would say most likely on the right but up top when needed. Tielemans played just behind Vardy last season and I would expect this to continue if he returns. Barnes looks very promising on the left and if he can develop an end product he could be class. Gray would be the most the most likely to lose out but he doesn't seem to have improved in over 3 years with us. With all things considered, I would actually say Tielemans is the most likely to be an FPL asset out of our midfield options if we do sign him and would be a safer option to start with than Perez.
I think he will do well for us, decent return in a Newcastle team that didn’t try and attack that much.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

With Perez gone that's now 40% of our players who played 25 games or more last season already off the roster (Diame, Kenedy and Rondon already gone), with no new signings, plus no manager. Perez or Rondon scored 54% of our goals last season and were involved in a chunk more.

Our remaining top goalscorers from the PL last season include two centre backs Schar (who missed 3 months of the season injured) with 4 goals as top, and Clarke (who only played 9 times) with 3 goals joint second.

Bloody hell. Avoid us at all costs in FPL! :lol:

Jameselaprendi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jameselaprendi »

Or...

Matt Ritchie becomes a more important player, and might need to play in an otherwise understaffed attacking role....

No matter the downsides, a mid priced OOP penalty taking defender is too rare a gift to ignore??

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Really?

Always seemed to be a bit deeper (a midfielder rather than behind the forward)? Maybe just the games I watched.

dan_92
Wideboy

Post by dan_92 »

Zimmerman wrote: 04 Jul 2019, 19:27

Really?

Always seemed to be a bit deeper (a midfielder rather than behind the forward)? Maybe just the games I watched.
He’s right. It’s him and Maddison behind Vardy with Ndidi sitting. Tielemans seemed to be closer to Vardy in a lot of games with Maddison abit deeper, I thought it would be the other way around.

ThingsCouldGetMessi
Wideboy

Post by ThingsCouldGetMessi »

dan_92 wrote: 05 Jul 2019, 11:44
Zimmerman wrote: 04 Jul 2019, 19:27

Really?

He’s right. It’s him and Maddison behind Vardy with Ndidi sitting. Tielemans seemed to be closer to Vardy in a lot of games with Maddison abit deeper, I thought it would be the other way around.
I expected it the other way round too but Tielemans was playing in a shadow striker type role. Perez could fill this too so he could still be the answer FPL wise if Maddison is sold or injured and Tielemans drops deeper. Things will be clearer in the week leading up to the season starting.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Any data to back this up? The heat maps for the last ten games only seem to suggest Maddison being the more advanced (in probably 9/10).

Tielemans is getting advanced (definitely not a DM). I see him as playing like an good old fashioned midfielder.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I thought he was deeper, but he was getting good points at the end of the season...

The real issue here is (as it has been for a while) whether Vardy has fallen out with the manager, and if so who has the backing of the Dressing Room and fans.

With the carnage at Chelsea and MU, and Arsenal looking poor then there is a genuine for Leicester, as well as Everton, to be 4th. Buck isn't that stipid to not know this and what it would mean for his career after the wilderness of Scotland. However, is Vardy good enough to play with these bright young things? I'm far from convinced and there could be another Twitter Campaign.....

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Tielemans was definitely the deeper of the two (vs Maddison). These days few teams play a fixed formation, but I'd have classed Tielemans as the guy that wasn't quite deep enough to make it a 4231, but not quite far forward enough to call it a genuine 4141. There's probably a cool Italian name for it, all I could say is 'Ramsey role'? :lol:

Rodgers may well have given him a little more licence when he came in though.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Ramsey Role? Injured 😂

The Royal BlueNose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average at best!

Post by The Royal BlueNose »

News from today is Tielemans move is moving closer, with him agreeing terms with Leicester, but the fee not agreed on yet (Monaco wanting £40m).

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Perez is somebody I'll be watching closely, most on the two main Leicester forums seem to think he'll be straight into the team and I agree. He's a much better player than Barnes or Gray.

12 goals and 2 assists in a very defensive Newcastle team is a great return, if he's playing every week in a Leicester team that likes to attack he'll do well.

Will be keeping my on him in the pre season games.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Tielemans confirmed and a lock in my team. Hoping for 7.0m.

Perez a very very interesting player to keep a closer eye on for sure.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

From4corners wrote: 08 Jul 2019, 18:54 Tielemans confirmed and a lock in my team. Hoping for 7.0m
Why him over Maddie and Perez?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

blahblah wrote: 08 Jul 2019, 18:55
From4corners wrote: 08 Jul 2019, 18:54 Tielemans confirmed and a lock in my team. Hoping for 7.0m
Why him over Maddie and Perez?
Actually, because he's 'my boy' within my money league :mrgreen: I've been raving about him and had him in my team last season when he did so so well (for me). Can't go without him, also as I feel he has more in his locker than Maddison and Perez. To me, he's like a new Frank Lampard. Him and Vardy also seemed to have a really good understanding.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Great reply 😎

You got him late in the season when he rocked....

From reports and what little I saw I'm surprised bigger clubs haven't paid the Release Fee tbh. But then I really rate Maddie too but loathe Vardy 😂

If Buck can keep them together then they could be 4th this season and I'm erring on the side if Everton being the main challengers as Wolves have the EL.

I'm assuming Arse lose one of their Fed's, who aren't FF value anyway

boise1234
Grumpy Old Man

Post by boise1234 »

I think Perez, Maddison and Tielemans are all likely to do well under Rodgers and between them they will probably get quite a lot of FPL points, only problem is I expect they will probably also share them fairly evenly...for me it is very much a wait and see approach until it becomes clearer how Rodgers is going to set-u and which of these three, if any, will be the benefit the most.

Artius Stelio
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: N/A

Post by Artius Stelio »

I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on Perez as well, could be great value in midfield at his price especially in a Rodgers team.

On the subject of finishing 4th though I certainly don’t think any of the sides outside the big 6 will get in. The top 4 race last season was a joke at the end with all of them throwing points away weekly and there was still a 20+ point gap on the likes of Wolves, Everton and Leicester. That’s a huge gap to close in one season over not just one of these teams but three of them.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

From4corners wrote: 08 Jul 2019, 18:54 Tielemans confirmed and a lock in my team. Hoping for 7.0m.

Perez a very very interesting player to keep a closer eye on for sure.
In at 6.5

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Pants, same price as Perez. I was hoping for the 3 to all be different prices.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Approx 12 games, 3 goals, 5 assists for Tielemans last season. 6.5mn seems quite cheap although if you look closely at Maddison's underlying stats, they appear far superior, especially creativity wise. Difficult to judge how relevant this is. Perez isn't on the radar yet. I'd have to be convinced he's first choice, even though he cost £30mn. I think that I may leave these Leicester decisions until after they've been to Chelsea GW2.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”