To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Chelsea Mids/Atts

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Chelsea Mids/Atts

Post by Stemania »

I have Chelsea down as pretty much the most interesting/unknown fantasy team this year. :)

It's incredible to see a (notionally!) top 4-6 side have no players at all priced above 7m in FPL! I can't recall that happening in a long long while, but it's a current post-Hazard reality.

A new manager on the way (presumed to be Lampard), but a transfer ban severely limits the chance of players coming in above that 7m mark. Pulisic appears far and away the most likely, but he's a huge unknown right now. Of course, there are the likes of Abraham, Batshuayi, Mason Mount, Kovacic and Bakayoko that are yet to be priced and could well end up staying upon return from loans, but none seem particularly likely to come in over 7m. Morata if he makes an unlikely return perhaps?

But whatever happens, there's got to be some gems there surely. Could Barkley at 6m and/or Mount get an advanced central role under Lampard if he comes, and could Willian at 7m take over the LW role from Hazard on a permanent basis and retain some set pieces?

So, who, if anyone, have you got your eye on? Or are they simply the biggest 'wait and see' of all?

rootcoors
FISOhead
FS Record: 21997

Re: Chelsea Mids/Atts

Post by rootcoors »

Surely it's time for the likes of Odi to shine (not sure when he's due back), but for 6.0m if he gets regular starts. Also interested to see what Abraham comes in at, Giroud for 7.0m doesn't interest me, but if Abraham is cheaper then could be an interesting option if he starts and shoes the same form of last season.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Willian presumably on pens. Possibly Jorginho too if he starts under the new manager .

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

carver wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 11:10 Willian presumably on pens. Possibly Jorginho too if he starts under the new manager .
I read somewhere (can't remember where) that Jorginho might be on penalties. He may well be in my squad anyway.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

He might also be in Turin.

5 goals in 9 years suggests he’s never been a regular penalty taker before?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Zimmerman wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 12:13 5 goals in 9 years suggests he’s never been a regular penalty taker before?
Last season he was Chelsea's penalty taker whenever Hazard wasn't on the field.

Patrician
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ...bears no responsibility for bad points forecasts
FS Record: 2nd TFFE 2008, FPL 3 top 10k finishes

Post by Patrician »

Sounds like Alonso might be off this summer, but if not, I suspect he is a steal at 6.5M. Value must emerge, but from who I also have no idea!

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Finisher1 wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 13:03
Zimmerman wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 12:13 5 goals in 9 years suggests he’s never been a regular penalty taker before?
Last season he was Chelsea's penalty taker whenever Hazard wasn't on the field.
Fair point (although that was once).
He did take 3 in their respective shootouts too (scoring 2/3).

On another note, Chelsea got 8 pens across all comps last season.

Hazard scored 5/5
Jorginho scored 1/1
Willian 1/1
Fabregas 0/1

Is 8 low (presumably they must have played about. 60 games last season).

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

Stemania wrote:I have Chelsea down as pretty much the most interesting/unknown fantasy team this year. :)

It's incredible to see a (notionally!) top 4-6 side have no players at all priced above 7m in FPL! I can't recall that happening in a long long while, but it's a current post-Hazard reality.

A new manager on the way (presumed to be Lampard), but a transfer ban severely limits the chance of players coming in above that 7m mark. Pulisic appears far and away the most likely, but he's a huge unknown right now. Of course, there are the likes of Abraham, Batshuayi, Mason Mount, Kovacic and Bakayoko that are yet to be priced and could well end up staying upon return from loans, but none seem particularly likely to come in over 7m. Morata if he makes an unlikely return perhaps?

But whatever happens, there's got to be some gems there surely. Could Barkley at 6m and/or Mount get an advanced central role under Lampard if he comes, and could Willian at 7m take over the LW role from Hazard on a permanent basis and retain some set pieces?

So, who, if anyone, have you got your eye on? Or are they simply the biggest 'wait and see' of all?
Wait and see on the manager and his plans on the kids. I'd consider Pedro over Willian if they're looking good pre-season.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Loftus-Cheek was good in the latter part of last season. I could see him having a good season at 6.5. Unfortunately he seems to be injured at the moment.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Willian at 7m has to be an option at some point

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Wait and see is the only reasonable approach with Chelsea.
There'll be players worth having, but only time will tell.

marxist
Grumpy Old Dissident
FS Record: FPL: 3,243 (07/08)

Post by marxist »

Willian's definitely worth a look.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Maybe they just won’t be a top 6 team?

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

I'm not sure it matters if they finish top 6 or not. There's a few really cheap mids and i would have thought at least one is going to outscore his valuation.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Willian always looks better than he really might be but I have him in my team at the moment.

chris2k_11
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Pontoon 2011/12 Winner, FISOlympics Decathlon 14/15 Gold Medal, FISO 5AS The Kangals 17/18 & 20/21, Spaceballs Leagues 17/18 Winner (Classic and H2H), FISO Swiss Cup 20/21 Champion

Post by chris2k_11 »

i think willian or pedro will be rotate but not sure if lampard (new mgr)?? will play them together ....

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

The reason they were previously rotated was Hazard. That ‘issue’ no longer exists.

If Hudson Odoi is fit, that might change things.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Zimmerman wrote: 01 Jul 2019, 08:18 The reason they were previously rotated was Hazard. That ‘issue’ no longer exists.
True. But it's been replaced by the 'issue' of Pulisic.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Oh yes 🤣 forgot about him!!!

chris2k_11
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Pontoon 2011/12 Winner, FISOlympics Decathlon 14/15 Gold Medal, FISO 5AS The Kangals 17/18 & 20/21, Spaceballs Leagues 17/18 Winner (Classic and H2H), FISO Swiss Cup 20/21 Champion

Post by chris2k_11 »

not sure if pulisic will be playing hazard position ..... and guess his price will be 7.0 - 8.0 ??

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

If Lampard gets the job, I could potentially see betting on Willian or Pedro for an initial Lampard bounce. If Lampard does what's sensible (and listens to the offer but politely declines the job), then I would be a wait and see as there's just too many risks. I don't think the transfer ban is a big issue as they can create that siege mentality, it's just how long that can last and how well the younger players do without Hazard.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

when does this ban take effect... plenty of activity managed so far from them.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

What activity? Pulisic was signed in January, for instance.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Zimmerman wrote: 01 Jul 2019, 20:58 when does this ban take effect... plenty of activity managed so far from them.
The ban is already in affect and thats why there only allowed to sign players who were currently on loan with them and like said above Pulsic was already signed before the ban

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Kovacic signed from loan.

Would definitely be interesting if Frank said 'thanks, but no thanks', but it has to be the job that he wants and better to take it whilst on offer than to pass it up and not get another shot for 10-20 years, if at all.

Just needs to see this season out and show well, but not brilliantly and will probably get half a billion to spend next summer.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

hancockjr wrote: 01 Jul 2019, 21:12 What activity? Pulisic was signed in January, for instance.
Kovacic coming in (appreciate others saying he was on loan last season... seems a bit of a flaw in the ban to me; maybe the option to buy was already in that deal).

Hazard
Aina
Kalas
Eduardo all leaving the club.

Is the ban only on incoming players?

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

Zimmerman wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 11:25
hancockjr wrote: 01 Jul 2019, 21:12 What activity? Pulisic was signed in January, for instance.
Kovacic coming in (appreciate others saying he was on loan last season... seems a bit of a flaw in the ban to me; maybe the option to buy was already in that deal).

Hazard
Aina
Kalas
Eduardo all leaving the club.

Is the ban only on incoming players?
I wish

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Pulisic in at 7.5m.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Lampard confirmed.

I wonder who gets the striker spot for Chelsea under what will presumably be Lamp's usual 433/451.

There's got to be a gem in there somewhere among Abraham, Batshuayi, Giroud or Pedro (assuming Morata doesn't return)!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”