To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Great TV Series

A forum for discussion on Movies, Radio and Television programme topics whatever your viewing and listening pleasure.
murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: Great TV Series

Post by murf »

Halfway (4 episodes) through S2 of Killing Eve.

So far, so enjoyable but can't really see where it is going. Thought I might but that appears to have gone cold (no spoilers) so no real story dynamic just playing with characters. Missed opportunity, waste of a great programme and all that so far.

happyhoppy
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF 2010/2011 3rd and 2021/2022 4th=

Post by happyhoppy »

Yep I finished S2 and it’s just ok for me. Never really hit the heights of S1.

Tiny possible spoiler alert
I hope the ending is the end. But no doubt a S3 is commissioned?

Arch Stanton
FISOhead

Post by Arch Stanton »

Has anyone seen Money Heist? I can't find the search to see if it has been mentioned in this thread already. It is a Spanish programme available on Netflix. It's not particularly new but thought I would give it a chance since the new season starts in July. I am 5 episodes in and I can tell it has more to give, very impressed with how intelligent it is so far, really gripping as well. Highly recommended to anyone who hasn't seen it already.
happyhoppy wrote: 13 Jun 2019, 19:40 Some non Chernobyl related news. Image

Gomorrah returns for Season 4 next Wednesday on Sky Atlantic. Image minus Ciro
It will be interesting to see how/if they can fill the void. Ciro was Gomorrah as far as i am concerned.

trampie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by trampie »

Killing Eve series 2 was better than series 1 for me.

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

trampie wrote:Killing Eve series 2 was better than series 1 for me.
No surprise there then Image

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

I thought it portrayed Russian female assassins in a bad light to be honest :wink:

Definitely not as good as the first series (you are definitely in the minority there Trampie). Maybe because Phoebe Waller-Bridge stepped down from writing duties; maybe because it was rushed out; maybe because the cat and mouse dynamic has gone and some of the wit of the first season is missing.

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

thebillfella wrote:I thought it portrayed Russian female assassins in a bad light to be honest :wink:

Definitely not as good as the first series (you are definitely in the minority there Trampie). Maybe because Phoebe Waller-Bridge stepped down from writing duties; maybe because it was rushed out; maybe because the cat and mouse dynamic has gone and some of the wit of the first season is missing.
Spot on there.

Billy Whiz
Rhubarb Crumbledore

Post by Billy Whiz »

@ Arch Stanton My daughter and her partner rave about Money Heist - she says it's much more interesting than its unimaginative title suggests. Must try to squeeze it in somehow - but difficult as so much good TV to watch these days and so little time!

Arch Stanton
FISOhead

Post by Arch Stanton »

Billy Whiz wrote: 14 Jun 2019, 13:14 @ Arch Stanton My daughter and her partner rave about Money Heist - she says it's much more interesting than its unimaginative title suggests. Must try to squeeze it in somehow - but difficult as so much good TV to watch these days and so little time!
Definitely agree with them. I think the original title is the house of paper or something like that, which is a much more accurate title.

Speaking of translation, the subtitles speed by because they talk so fast and on the version I am watching they are sometimes not translated correctly (you can tell because the sentence doesn't quite make sense) which means i could do with more on screen time to make sense of them not less. Doesn't suffer to much because of this though.

Because of this programme I found myself googling 'can you trace the vehicle model and year of manufacture from the shape of the car key?' I couldn't find a definitive answer and I am not convinced you can trace a car from grainy CCTV footage of the key fob but it is so well though out in every other respect I wouldn't be surprised if the police can.

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Not feeling The HT so given up on S3 after 20 minutes. Just bored with it all really.

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Finished Undercover very good and set up possibly for S2 and Fers revenge.

Also finished S2 of Bad Blood. Won’t be watching any S3. I enjoyed S1 but S2 was poor.

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won DT WC 2018
Won DT weekender wk 2 18/19
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

5 or 6 episodes into killing eve 2 and enjoying it so far🙂

Billy Whiz
Rhubarb Crumbledore

Post by Billy Whiz »

I'm watching Killing Eve as scheduled, so only seen two episodes. The plot is ludicrous, but I'm mesmerised by Jodie Comer. She has very few lines to say - all the acting is in her eyes. There are too many implausibles to list, but I'm sticking with it because of her.

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Jodie Comer is incredible in this series. Her career is going to take off.

Billy Whiz
Rhubarb Crumbledore

Post by Billy Whiz »

Sandra Oh, on the other hand, has only got one expression: that of shock/surprise/bafflement. Her career will do OK too, as long as it involves playing characters who are constantly shocked/surprised/baffled.

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Can’t quite decide if I like What If or not. I like elements of it but some parts irritate the eff out of me. Got 4 left to watch.

Finally got round to starting S2 of The True Detective, first episode was ok. Went to watch E2 and disappeared so looks like it’s been withdrawn. Have to try and find it elsewhere.

Then it will be S2 of The Deuce.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Zimmerman wrote: 05 Jun 2019, 10:33
I’m most of the way through Undercover. Really enjoying it. Stylistically like the Bridge (very different in terms of plot). Again, decent enough watch and not an overly ridiculous plot.
Finished this off, decent. I liked it. A solid 8/10

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Arch Stanton wrote:

It will be interesting to see how/if they can fill the void. Ciro was Gomorrah as far as i am concerned.
Liking Gomorrah S4 so far. 6 in. Good pace.

golden bear
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 9 Ball Champ, Incidental and murfs Knockout Cups Winner

Post by golden bear »

Thought the London episode of Gomarrah was great.

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

golden bear wrote:Thought the London episode of Gomarrah was great.
Yeah best episode so far in this series. Really well done. You could tell Genny was suspicious but you still didn’t really know if he’d taken precautions.

Arch Stanton
FISOhead

Post by Arch Stanton »

happyhoppy wrote: 25 Jun 2019, 20:53
Arch Stanton wrote:

Liking Gomorrah S4 so far. 6 in. Good pace.
Good to hear, I am still watching Money Heist at the moment which is fantastic, two episodes left then it's Gomorrah up next for me.

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Great TV Series

Post by happyhoppy »

Finished Gomorrah. Enjoyed it, finished well. Hard to keep up with all the characters at times but all set up for S5.

Watched S1 and first 3 of Big Little Lies its a little girly but it’s well done and I’m enjoying it.

Also watched Russian Doll a sort of Groundhog Day. Enjoyed it at times but overall it’s a 7/10. Very short so not long to get through it.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Thumbs up for Gomorrah from me too.
Its more brutal than Game of Thrones. Literally every episode a character is killed off... and they're not shy about offing main characters.

Spoiler

who is Mistral?

I am assuming the fact he/she spent 20years in prison means its a new character they are bringing in?
i.e. we haven't advanced 20 years over the course of the 4 seasons have we?

Spoiler 2

Glad the Levante parents got done in... shame the two sons didn't get capped though.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Billy Whiz wrote: 17 Jun 2019, 13:47 Sandra Oh, on the other hand, has only got one expression: that of shock/surprise/bafflement. Her career will do OK too, as long as it involves playing characters who are constantly shocked/surprised/baffled.
Yep totally.

Add me to the list who preferred 2 to 1, but it was annoying how it stopped short so often and the ending was to quote Spiny "poo".

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Zimmerman wrote:Thumbs up for Gomorrah from me too.
Its more brutal than Game of Thrones. Literally every episode a character is killed off... and they're not shy about offing main characters.

Spoiler

who is Mistral?

I am assuming the fact he/she spent 20years in prison means its a new character they are bringing in?
i.e. we haven't advanced 20 years over the course of the 4 seasons have we?

Spoiler 2

Glad the Levante parents got done in... shame the two sons didn't get capped though.
Lots of theories wrt Mistral on the Reddit. Not sure it’s been revealed but think you’re right, one for the future. And agree about the sons they should have been clipped but now looks set up for a sons v Genny battle.

Arch Stanton
FISOhead

Post by Arch Stanton »

Really enjoyed Gomorrah particularly the Gennaro in London episode. Interesting to see how the prosecutor vs Gennaro story develops in further episodes, hope it is similar to the dynamic in Heat, there has been a distinct lack of law enforcement through this entire thing.

Spoiler

Thought the ending was poetic justice - Gennaro ending up like his old man, the equivalent of having to live behind the washing machine, even if it is only temporarily.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

I didn’t quite get that... why was he doing that?

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Zimmerman wrote:I didn’t quite get that... why was he doing that?
Just lying low isn’t he?

Although it does come across as a bit pussy???

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Yeh, he’d done a few people in, but nothing new there... so wondered why he’d gone to ground.

Arch Stanton
FISOhead

Post by Arch Stanton »

There can only be two reasons based on what I saw.

One - he is hiding from the Levante brothers, which I think is very unlikely

Two is a bit of a spoiler

He has an almost supernatural ability to see how things will play out. He knew Patrizia had grassed him up and had already given the prosecutor all the evidence she had, this is bourne out by the fact he broke her out of prison to kill her not to help her escape. He knew he would never see his family and already had his hidey hole prepared until the prosecutor is taken care of.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Movies, TV & Radio”