To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

tff 2018/19 final thoughts.

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
Dumbledore

tff 2018/19 final thoughts.

Post by 12345678 »

firstly well done to frosty, my best was 3rd and another top 10.

as far as the season goes i deserted the back 5 for a short period which wasn't great as it gained virtually nothing and lost transfers (against the advice i gave pre season that tff is now all about defence and 5-3-2 was the way to go sadly). the 2-2 wolves shrewsbury was a disaster as i had taken a vacation from doherty & jiminez so that late goal, the replay etc was costly. i missed the pogba roll. the real error i made late season was ditching TAA suspecting gomez would nick some of his minutes. he did but in the champs league as the title stayed live till the last day and citeh & pool racked up one c/s after another.

of course it would have been a different game if some of those events hadn't happened and the title 4th place races were settled early.

this year my targets were 1) tff 2= sky & sdt 4th fantasybet as seasonals.

next year if the landscape stays the same, as i suspect it will i will go 1) sdt 2) fantasybet 3) sky 4) tff.

reasons explained to some extent in the previous long post. GFM run sky & tff are now comparatively boring being all about clean sheets, with virtually all categories scoring the same but strikers costing almost double defenders. it's a shame as i loved the original game and have played with mixed success for years. the situation has been created by the point not deducted from defenders for the first goal and random secondary passes sometimes treated as KC, sometimes not.

partly that has helped defenders and hindered strikers and partly no one really knows what is going on as GFM refuse to disclose their own rules. one thing for sure is that they are no longer 'key contributions' and open to fiddling, which can't be good for anyone.

besides now being the most boring of the games all the different cut offs make it more 'high maintenance', so i will likely play next year but with a reduced entry and free more time for daily/weekend type games which are run completely honestly and offer a better return to entrants.

in all games of this nature goals are more sensibly rewarded as SDT & fpl are also.

the absurdity of the whole situation is illustrated by a random pass from midfield maybe getting +3 or maybe not and a goal only getting +5.

it's very sad to see the game i enjoyed derailed so much by GFM with both of their games heavily defensive now, whereas SDT & fpl remain more about rewards for goals and sensible pricing/budgeting.

the way to improve tff in my view is either to go back to the original rules or get the pricing right, they have made tffwc & tffe europe virtually no go defensive shuffles and tff has suffered as i said it would at the start of the season.

my fear is that if nothing is done entries simply decline and the game becomes extinct.

GFM always whinge about competing with free games but my view is there is nothing wrong with being different but you need to make the game well designed and attractive to compensate. in my view they now have a different game yes but also a far worse game. so you are in my view paying to play the worst game on the market sadly. i hope they read this as i can't really see the game surviving too many more years if it stays as designed as it is now.

littlefeller
Treebeard
FS Record: Sportsbox World Cup winner 2010
7th place TFF 2017

Re: tff 2018/19 final thoughts.

Post by littlefeller »

Just completed the survey.

Keep it very much the same however:

1) allow 5-4-1 formation
2). Raise the ceiling for defenders to £5 miillion.
3). Have two main competitions. Same rules but one with 20 transfers and the other with 40 as at present.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

The problem with the 5-4-1 formation is that unless the rules/budget/player prices change, the vast majority of teams will be 5-4-1. There would be very little "challenge" in working out what the best formation would be. Several posters have suggested adding 5-4-1 but in most cases the motivation seems to be to make the choices easier for themselves, but at the same time it would make it easier for everyone else.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

yep everyone would play a dull as dishwater 5-4-1 on current scoring & budget, personally i would ditch secondary assists which are open to fiddling and inconsistency and are not included as defined in the rules. i'd also deduct for first goal conceded, although i would be much much keener to ditch the secondary assists that are ruining the game in more ways than one!

one whinge, i'd increase the 2nd/3rd prizes which are a disgrace. ok yeah i finished 3rd ;) but would ditch the chairman's prize or reduce it from £500 to £50. it's pointless these days and too many fiddled extra entries purely for the £500 from another forum have made a farce of it. similarly i would reduce the superleague prize to £50 and enable a prize creation by entry into the leagues held by tff or a partner. again we see this effectively fiddled and won by a single person presumably with teams in various family members names.

c'mon GFM you are making yourselves look daft incompetent and providing the dullest game in FF with blundered rule changes dodgy/daft scoring and daft leaderboards with excessive prizes compared to the main comp!

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Striker wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 13:31 The problem with the 5-4-1 formation is that unless the rules/budget/player prices change, the vast majority of teams will be 5-4-1. There would be very little "challenge" in working out what the best formation would be. Several posters have suggested adding 5-4-1 but in most cases the motivation seems to be to make the choices easier for themselves, but at the same time it would make it easier for everyone else.
Shouldn't fiddle it with inflexible formation choices rather than fix the root problem (defenders scoring too many points / costing too little)

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

GFM have already completely destroyed tffe & tffwc through making them a boring as hell defensive rotation games. i voted with my feet this year and presume others did the same. the question is do they just leave the blatantly obvious problems as the telegraph have nowhere else to go or do they realise entries will just continue fading away and address the issues that make tff the most boring unexciting (and open to fiddling) game on the market.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

I wish I could vote with my feet and finish third. :lol:

You need to look up what that phrase means Andrew. ;)

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won DT WC 2018
Won DT weekender wk 2 18/19
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

12345678 wrote: 03 Jun 2019, 16:20 GFM have already completely destroyed tffe & tffwc through making them a boring as hell defensive rotation games. i voted with my feet this year and presume others did the same. the question is do they just leave the blatantly obvious problems as the telegraph have nowhere else to go or do they realise entries will just continue fading away and address the issues that make tff the most boring unexciting (and open to fiddling) game on the market.
I agree that the prize money allocation issue should be reviewed. Obviously we all know the rules/prize money structure before we enter so I can understand people saying “if you don’t like it then don’t play it” but the difference between 1st and 2nd/3rd is staggering. I assume the reason for this is simply because “£40k to the winner!” used as a marketing tool to entice more players to play sounds more exciting than “30k to winner!” (But with IMO a fairer £8.5k to runner up, £5k to 3rd). I managed to win TFFCL game and it does seem a bit harsh on Brian in 2nd and Andy in 3rd that there is such a disparity in prize money.

Maybe the defensive rotation bit you mentioned is/was true in last seasons TFE and TFWC but I didn’t do it for my winning team in TFCL. Though think last season in TFE when Bloggie won it you had 20 transfers in groups and 20 in Knock out rounds but they changed it this season to 12 in groups and 16 in Knock out stage so maybe it was to try and stop block swaps.

Whatever happens in the future I hope TFF, DT and Sky continue to exist as all 3 do bring lots of enjoyment throughout the season (though there is always scope for improvement).

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

Maldini wrote: 03 Jun 2019, 16:42 I wish I could vote with my feet and finish third. :lol:

You need to look up what that phrase means Andrew. ;)
lol that would be nice.

if you re read the post i put the phrase in i referred to tffwc & tffe.

was only tffe this year and i didn't play it.

3rd was in their other game tff.

i know what the phrase means lol

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

MADCHESTER UTD wrote: 03 Jun 2019, 18:27
12345678 wrote: 03 Jun 2019, 16:20 GFM have already completely destroyed tffe & tffwc through making them a boring as hell defensive rotation games. i voted with my feet this year and presume others did the same. the question is do they just leave the blatantly obvious problems as the telegraph have nowhere else to go or do they realise entries will just continue fading away and address the issues that make tff the most boring unexciting (and open to fiddling) game on the market.
I agree that the prize money allocation issue should be reviewed. Obviously we all know the rules/prize money structure before we enter so I can understand people saying “if you don’t like it then don’t play it” but the difference between 1st and 2nd/3rd is staggering. I assume the reason for this is simply because “£40k to the winner!” used as a marketing tool to entice more players to play sounds more exciting than “30k to winner!” (But with IMO a fairer £8.5k to runner up, £5k to 3rd). I managed to win TFFCL game and it does seem a bit harsh on Brian in 2nd and Andy in 3rd that there is such a disparity in prize money.

Maybe the defensive rotation bit you mentioned is/was true in last seasons TFE and TFWC but I didn’t do it for my winning team in TFCL. Though think last season in TFE when Bloggie won it you had 20 transfers in groups and 20 in Knock out rounds but they changed it this season to 12 in groups and 16 in Knock out stage so maybe it was to try and stop block swaps.

Whatever happens in the future I hope TFF, DT and Sky continue to exist as all 3 do bring lots of enjoyment throughout the season (though there is always scope for improvement).
i appreciate it is a difficult balancing act but i won £500 with my entry in the chairman's league and £1k for 3rd - despite the big multi entry from another forum in the chairman's league clearly there is a huge difference in the difficulty in achieving each.

it is hard to continue with the old prizemoney i guess if GFM are paid more or the telegraph are hard up it clearly needed reducing from the £50k it was at for many years!

i just think these stupid prizes 2 or 3 people play like the lowest score etc etc, superleagues, chairman's prize etc would be better used to beef up 2nd/3rd a bit.

with the current game so poorly designed and lack of definition re KC (clearly this has changed) the game is also open to fiddling. when you have to pay to play unless you play pretty much all the games like me i just don't see how they expect to get new entrants with lower prizemoney and a game geared toward defence when SDT & FPL are both geared toward goals and have clear and open rules as to what counts as 'assist' bonuses.

basically they have the worst designed game now bar possibly sky (also GFM) which suffers from the defensive issues.

so if you want prizemoney you have SDT, if you want a well designed game you have FPL and if you want a game where goals count and the scoring is above board and well defined you have SDT & FPL.

so they are counting on players who play everything and those that have serious loyalty to the game. i've already abandoned tffe because the design of the game is so bad (faults magnified). i'm just not sure where they think they are taking tff other than toward extinction given the facts of the matter.

in the past prizes were better and the design was also better, SDT was also badly designed and open to fiddling, so while SDT have upped their game dramatically all GFM have done is gone backwards whilst whingeing this is all due to competition with free games, which very clearly it is not!

theo29
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: previous user

Post by theo29 »

in view of 12345678's heavy criticism of Tff on several fronts, I wonder what my chances are of him joining my 'I Gotta Horse' campaign in the season ahead . ?

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

murf wrote: 03 Jun 2019, 11:07
Striker wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 13:31 The problem with the 5-4-1 formation is that unless the rules/budget/player prices change, the vast majority of teams will be 5-4-1. There would be very little "challenge" in working out what the best formation would be. Several posters have suggested adding 5-4-1 but in most cases the motivation seems to be to make the choices easier for themselves, but at the same time it would make it easier for everyone else.
Shouldn't fiddle it with inflexible formation choices rather than fix the root problem (defenders scoring too many points / costing too little)
That's your opinion but IMO 442/343/532/352/451 provides sufficient formation flexibility. Certainly they need to shake up their player pricing/budget relationship AND to downgrade the attractiveness of defenders. But even if they do this there isn't a strong case for adding 541, other than that some managers feel that it would enable them to select the team that they would like more easily. But an appropriate revamp of player pricing could immediately knock their desire for a 541 on the head.

If they were to continue with their current pricing relationship and allowed 451, the next demand of some managers could be for a 550 (false number 9) formation or a 361 if defenders were to become more expensive. :wink:

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

it is heavy criticism theo, mainly because i wouldn't like to see the game go west.

if it does then obviously the cricket goes too.

we get further if personalities are ignored and the issues are focussed on.

if you disagree with my views and feel there are errors in my reasoning or alternatively agree with them then that may help GFM in deciding how they are going to play the current state of affairs.

it may be that you have your own constructive different critique but just haven't put it forward yet theo.

at the end of the day what i believe most fiso members want is well designed, well run games.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

as striker says 5-4-1 would link 5-3-2 and 4-5-1, although as he suggests if budgets and point awards stay as they are with some random passes from midfield gaining +3 and a goal +5 then 3-4-3, 4-3-3 become pretty much obsolete in any case.

the stupidity of the current state of play is made clear by strikers tongue in cheek suggestion that 5-5-0 & 3-6-1 would be more popular formations if available with current scoring & budget!

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

12345678 wrote: 03 Jun 2019, 19:20 .......GFM have done is gone backwards whilst whingeing this is all due to competition with free games, which very clearly it is not!
While I agree with most of what you say in your analysis of TFF/GFM, and that their own management of the game has been a factor in the falling entry numbers, I disagree that the growth of free games hasn't been a factor. You only have to peruse Fiso to see that there are large numbers of fantasy managers who are total tightwads when it comes to paying for fantasy football.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

I have played TFF since season 1. For that reason alone I will continue to play every year, and hope the game survives. However, I have to admit it is not as much fun as it once was, and I feel that unless I put in 20+ teams then I am playing purely for fun not the chance of any money. Which is fine - but if you are going to charge for a game, and I have zero chance of winning anything...

Going slightly off topic, if there is an element of unhappiness with TFF, could the great minds of FISO not come up with a paid game on a similar basis, with all the perceived faults removed? I presume this has been discussed in the past, or perhaps the side games eat this up.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

raoul wrote: 04 Jun 2019, 10:47 Going slightly off topic, if there is an element of unhappiness with TFF, could the great minds of FISO not come up with a paid game on a similar basis, with all the perceived faults removed? I presume this has been discussed in the past, or perhaps the side games eat this up.
TFF has always been my game and I really don't see vast differences to how it has always been - the ever increasingly stupid number of transfers aside (and you guys aren't moaning at that). The few extra KC points [and it isn't much different to how it always was bar the horrible OPTA assist years] should benefit attackers not defenders so is largely counter to the 'everyone plays 541' argument. The changes to transfer timing/flanges makes it a bit more 'hands on' but I don't really see how that benefits any particular strategy, just helps us keen folks beat the casual player. The only other change has been the extra point for all starting defenders and that has been in for a few years now. The budget seems easier but is not much different to it ever was (and only becomes 'easy' once the new cheap enablers emerge - same as ever). Entries are down a bit and teams/packages are cheaper so prizes are down.

So, what has significantly changed? I really don't see much.

So, what would I change or put in a new game? Pretty much TFF with some of the recent tinkering rule changes reversed and the KC guidelines clearer/published.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

we usually agree murf and as ever your points are constructive.

re transfers i don't have a strong view, wouldn't get upset if they decreased/increased/stayed the same in isolation, although with current scoring additional transfers would probably be spent on revolving defences, unless with current budget we ALL have 3 pool & 3 citeh defenders/GK pretty much ;) if it were left to me i would go 24-30. i'd also personally like a cut off as first game of the day but don't see it happening.

where i take issue is the KC points. most primary KC will be the same as assists so not really an issue. we are therefore looking at secondary KC. in this case most will be from deeper moving into the area so will heavily favour DEF & then MF over STR. combined with the +1 for defenders conceding it has totally changed the nature of how you should play the game, wasn't the winner 5-3-2 and my 3rd ended 4-5-1. i doubt a winner late in the season before these changes played with anything other than 3 up front late on ;)

that said i haven't got the figures, just a strong 'gut feel'

the lack of definition does obviously leave points awards open to opinion/fiddling, not really conducive to good game design.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

I think re defenders and KCs the change there is in how teams play these days. For example, TAA and Robertson getting loads of KC points are products of Klopp's style of play more than the TFF KC system changing. Both got over 10 OPTA Assists (virtually same as 1st KCs) which is only the 3rd and 4th time this has happened for a defender (both previous were Everton I believe in separate seasons).

I haven't got the stats either but I would guess more second KCs go to midfielders than defenders. Chuck in forwards too and you will clearly be missing out by putting half your outfield players in defence (532 or 541)

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

Striker wrote: 04 Jun 2019, 10:12
12345678 wrote: 03 Jun 2019, 19:20 .......GFM have done is gone backwards whilst whingeing this is all due to competition with free games, which very clearly it is not!
While I agree with most of what you say in your analysis of TFF/GFM, and that their own management of the game has been a factor in the falling entry numbers, I disagree that the growth of free games hasn't been a factor. You only have to peruse Fiso to see that there are large numbers of fantasy managers who are total tightwads when it comes to paying for fantasy football.
not saying it isn't an issue david, but it is one you can do nothing about unless tff go free ;)

what they can do is look at all the other issues rather than just hiding behind 'the only reason our entries are falling is because other games are free'. for instance i packed up tffe because of the poor game design as the structure of the tournament magnifies the faults inherent in tff. so i packed up due to poor game design, not because i wasn't prepared to pay an entry fee.

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

Certainly think the defender issue could be addressed so easily by just increasing the cost of defenders if the current scoring system is maintained but agree about 2nd Kc issues. Also wouldn’t be adverse to cap on number of players per team (maybe 3) as would provide greater diversity of teams particularly near the end of the season where everyone is gravitating to those still in cup. Personally would love telegraph to drastically increase the cost of playing. As a mini multi (usually about 20 season long teams) it does seem hard to compete against those with many more teams who can cover many block bases early doors but really don’t fancy entering and managing many more. If price was a tenner after the initial free team I’d probably enter 3 or 4and those who enter 100 would probably enter 20 - 30 or so and the whole process would be less laborious and more manageable for all. My favourite game was the now defunct squad based fantasy league classic which was really expensive but quite different to other games and unlike some others a greater entry fee would be more an incentive to me rather than a negative.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

the problem with cap on players per team - which admittedly has obvious advantages - is that if you cop an injury to a citeh/pool player it costs two transfers to put it right so you cop a double whammy on transfer costs through pure bad luck. it wouldn't put me off playing a game but intrinsically i dislike it and feel the answer is in good pricing and scoring method.

i don't have a really strong view re cost to play. in an ideal world we all get a max of 20 teams and no one enters in others names. in the real world all it does is damage those that only enter in their own name but would like a few more entries to compete with the 'big multis'. fwiw i think i entered 30 or 32 can't recall now. if you had a daily cut off it might make it more attractive and less like hard work. overall i would say they have the cost about right. hard balance between avoiding really big multis and not putting off new entrants.

the defensive bore fest & dodgy 2nd KC defo need putting to bed though if they don't want the game to just continually slide!

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

12345678 wrote: 04 Jun 2019, 16:26 the problem with cap on players per team - which admittedly has obvious advantages - is that if you cop an injury to a citeh/pool player it costs two transfers to put it right so you cop a double whammy on transfer costs through pure bad luck. it wouldn't put me off playing a game but intrinsically i dislike it and feel the answer is in good pricing and scoring method.

i don't have a really strong view re cost to play. in an ideal world we all get a max of 20 teams and no one enters in others names. in the real world all it does is damage those that only enter in their own name but would like a few more entries to compete with the 'big multis'. fwiw i think i entered 30 or 32 can't recall now. if you had a daily cut off it might make it more attractive and less like hard work. overall i would say they have the cost about right. hard balance between avoiding really big multis and not putting off new entrants.

the defensive bore fest & dodgy 2nd KC defo need putting to bed though if they don't want the game to just continually slide!
Wouldn’t 3 max per team get rid of defensive bore fest though Andy? Sure you could still have say ederson Laporte vvd Robertson and use the rest of the Liverpool citeh allocation to sterling salah but it does at least stop full blocks that have dominated various comps last few seasons (though I’m sure when dot won DT seasonal 17/18 that he never had full block) and maybe the likes of Doherty have stopped “full” blocks as even with citeh pool there’s the 4th defender that isn’t totally nailed on eg matip/gomez/lovren zinchenko/delph/mendy, stones/kompany/otamendi etc.

Tbh I’m not sure where I stand with 3 max or unlimited players from one team. On one hand it’s stops near or full blocks but on the other hand I still think you’d see familiar names in various leaderboards across TFF, DT, Sky whatever the rules were. I think I sway towards a 3 max rule simply as it gives you more dilemma’s to think about. I remember years back on DT seasonal when Southampton has a ridiculous run of clean sheets at start of season, something like 6 or 7 in 1st 10 games and the leaderboard was littered with Saints fans😏

I think maybe they should look at the total points the likes of VVD Robertson Laporte Allison ederson got last season and simply make these players more expensive. Just how the likes of a peak Rio, Terry, Vidic, Carragher were 6+ mill in DT.

I think you’re right though with the KC thing👍

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

it's a difficult one because they have to balance the interests of the casual player and addicts like us ;)

they want to make it user friendly, if you have to start thinking about numbers from each team i think it can become cumbersome and adds an extra layer to manage. the fact it has been tried several times before then abandoned makes me think it isn't a good idea along with the intuitive feeling. it isn't just an injury but if you want a new player in from a team you already have you either shift from a team mate gain no fixtures, potentially downgrade or have to make two changes again. just feel it would turn out badly.

it would make almost no difference to the defensive bore fest in my view as the issue of all players scoring about the same and defenders being half the price would mean you would still play 5-3-2.

if you price your game well you can't have all the stars from one team. unless you go back to the original game - in my view the best and truest option - you need to redo the budget and price defenders the same as strikers, but at the end of the day sdt & fpl being goal based traditional ff would still have a massive edge as players like instant goals, not waiting 90 minutes for a clean sheet!.

everyone seems to think the secondary KC is ruining the game both by bumping up defenders scores and being based on nothing more than which way the wind is blowing at the time, besides the sheer stupidity of +5 for a goal and +3 for a random pass to an assister from midfield.

if nothing changes that more than anything else will make me reduce my entry again.

the original classic tff game was very popular all they have done is ruin the game with their secondary KC and no -1 for first goal conceded with the ridiculous idea that the game would be better if defenders scored just as much, compounding it with making them half the price and giving points for something decided at GFM HQ that is inconsistent and not defined anywhere within the rules.

a retro game original tff rules after OFL went and back to £50k top and sensible 2nd/3rd with nonsense prizes deleted or given the rewards they deserve would by my own personal choice.

what i expect them to do - absolutely nothing, then blame falling entries on a lack of interest in FF and the free games, whilst peddling the worst game on the market and expecting to be paid for it!

i really hope that i am wrong but lets face it, pretty much sums up this year!

fantasybet seem to have taken their project a bit more seriously this year and just recently have probably been the first aimed at the uk market to start filling contests (i.e. reaching a profitable position) and could provide a further source of lost interest and entries to tff. obviously their game is goals biased using primarily fpl scoring. GFM are on their own in thinking we want games based on clean sheets!

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

You’ve convinced me on unlimited players. At the end of the day it’s the same rules for all of us regardless whether it’s 3 max or unlimited. Thinking about it we should be able to pick whoever we want (though as others and I have said before, they need to adjust prices). If Robertson gets 12 more points than Hazard then he shouldn’t be 2.0 less next season. The unlimited rule as you say still encourages the casual player to play without it being too confusing/time consuming to pick

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

If they went back to the original rules then we would all have to play 442 and so the issue of 532 (and 541) would be gone!

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Looking at the perfect starting XIs and then subsequently increasing the defenders prices by 10% from the base value and resolving the perfect starting XI each time you get the following

***Table Removed As An Error - Updated One Further Down**

Even at x 1.9 there is still the Keeper and 3 defenders that are in the original best XI before any increases were applied, it just keeps cheapening the rest of the squad. I think this shows that as well as any price change a change to the points system for defenders would also be required?

Frank
Last edited by ffstuff on 06 Jun 2019, 11:01, edited 1 time in total.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

GFM, you need to talk to frank ;) :lol:

is it possible to redo those tables please without the freak that was jiminez, in fairness you can take out doherty too if you like.

in fact make that ALL wolves players, there is no wolves coming up this year!

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

you change the points for defenders in two ways potentially, one go back to -1 first goal conceded, secondly i think you will find they will suffer a bit if you remove the nonsense secondary assists!

at least your table illustrates extremely well the complete pigs ear GFM have made of it all.

it might sound like i want rid of them and TFF - truth is quite the opposite, i can see them sleepwalking to killing off TFF themselves by having made the game really unattractive.

what i would like is a sensible design no dodgy potentially fiddled daft 2nd KC and the game continuing for years to come, all above board with goals adequately rewarded and made just as enjoyable as it was in the old days!

theo29
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: previous user

Post by theo29 »

12345678 asks me if I have any views regarding Tff and what might be in the rules/regulations in the coming season. It took me a while to figure out who GFM were ! I am not really concerned about prices, assists, team formations and the like but as a keen Chairman of 2 leagues(and possibly a Championship one) next season I do not want to see Tff declining. I was not involved in the 'golden' days of 10-15 years ago.
One of my leagues is a paid family and friends invitation league which with 31 teams could not remotely qualify for a Tff medal. They are completely casual players. The other league (you can probably guess) is about to enter its fifth season, and is reliant on people who have a spare team or two who need a home for the season. Whether they are 'addicts' I don't know but it is free to enter with the possibility of winning a little cash.
I am considering a light hearted thread Tff Casuals & Addicts if only to test the FISO (largely silent) readership.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”