To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Telegraph Fantasy World Cup Game!

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Telegraph Fantasy World Cup Game!

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Hello chums...I notice that the above seems to be up and running...

More stress and heartache beckons!😅

DD...

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Re: Telegraph Fantasy World Cup Game!

Post by bluelionman »

Yes and I'm worried I won't be able to operate my team while on holiday as going to Portugal for 9 nights in June following another national team of the round ball variety. The TFG site only allows you to play when in the UK. :cry:

Hoping I can figure something out as pretty sure to be competitive you need make changes almost every day or three.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Bluelion...For what it is worth...although I am somewhat stuffed at present...two years ago I was traveling literally on the other side of the planet and was able to play TFC everywhere...mind you,I was still utterly garbage!😅

Good luck with it.....

DD....

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

bluelionman wrote: 12 May 2019, 00:43 Yes and I'm worried I won't be able to operate my team while on holiday as going to Portugal for 9 nights in June following another national team of the round ball variety. The TFG site only allows you to play when in the UK. :cry:

Hoping I can figure something out as pretty sure to be competitive you need make changes almost every day or three.
Never had a problem in UAE, or european countries including Switzerland this season.

irtysh
Treebeard

Post by irtysh »

Bowler bonus is for an economy rate of less than 4! Wouldn’t hurt for TFC to review their rules every now and then. With 300+ being par nowadays this bonus is way off kilter with the batting one (scoring 40+ at a strike rate of 100+).

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Mini Leagues also ran :(

Post by Edmondson »

Anyone mapped out their full set of transfers and Captain changes yet?

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

re overseas, anyone know if North America is a problem playing Telegraph fantasy games?

Am also going to be away (although a forced transfer ban might not be such a bad thing!)

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Stupid (probably) question alert.

If you transfer out your captain, does the replacement automatically become captain and cost you captain change? Or does the captaincy attach to the slot rather than the player in that slot?

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

raoul wrote: 22 May 2019, 11:05 Stupid (probably) question alert.

If you transfer out your captain, does the replacement automatically become captain and cost you captain change? Or does the captaincy attach to the slot rather than the player in that slot?

Replacement automatically becomes captain and no cost to your captain change

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Waikikamukau wrote: 22 May 2019, 11:57

wow. So in theory I can have 35 different captains if all 25 transfers are applied to the same slot in my team.

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

raoul wrote: 22 May 2019, 12:30
Waikikamukau wrote: 22 May 2019, 11:57

wow. So in theory I can have 35 different captains if all 25 transfers are applied to the same slot in my team.
Not quite...if there are 25 transfers and 10 captain changes...and...as you start with one player being captain anyway....you could have up to 36 different captains throughout the game :D

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Edmondson wrote: 20 May 2019, 07:47 Anyone mapped out their full set of transfers and Captain changes yet?
yep, I think I have a plan.

30 captaincies. But it uses 24 transfers, and I suspect I want to hold more than 1 for the final week or so when qualified teams may be resting/rotating.

Has taken an age, and no doubt more tweaking will follow, but I feel pretty positive about it!

Well, the plan at least. Whether I have the right players is a different story...

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Edmondson »

Raoul - sounds very similar to my attempts!

It feels like a trade off between:

1. Maximising player appearances 2 or 3 for 1’s
2. Daisychaining as many captains as possible
3. Actually picking players that will do the damage, not just because they have a fixture which usefully follows on from your previous captain
4. Holding something back for injuries / rested players once qualified etc.

Then you do all that and some South African you’d never even considered will tear it up first game!

Darkish
Treebeard
FS Record: Hit the top 50k this year in FPL

Post by Darkish »

I'm in a similar position to that above, though have also tried to put resources into the batting and captaincy/transfers focused around these. As not followed cricket this century, just listened to a few pods and they just talk about the series and white ball is set up for batsmen.

I'm also want good coverage against the weaker teams Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

in the previous world cup there were 2 groups of 7 teams, with the top 4 in each group qualifying.

Interestingly, the two teams who won all 6 of their group games did not bother resting or rotating for their final group games (New Zealand made 1 change to their bowling, India fielded the same 11 who played their first group game). This was despite both having qualified, and both playing weak opposition.

This time there are 9 group games to play not 6. But I wonder if the teams will aim for a consistent 11 to play every game and avoid the rotation.

I am looking at some of the bargain price players and wondering if they will see much, if any, action.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Hmmm.

South Africa warm up game today and they are batting. Amla and Markram opened, du Plessis has come in at 3.

de Kock...where art thou?

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Edmondson »

De Kock is nailed on to open.

Markram & Amla having an audition to partner him.

I think the final group games and resting / rotating players depends on how the semi finals are looking. Last World Cup they may not have rested as wanted to get a better draw etc.

With 9 games to play in short space of time, would see the fast bowlers being rotated a bit. Certainly rested if they’d played 7 games and team was qualified.

There will also be changes for types of wicket, conditions & opposition. Extra spinner at Taunton maybe, think I read somewhere that Southee has a good record against Chris Gayle so expect to see h come in for that game etc.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Edmondson wrote: 24 May 2019, 11:58 De Kock is nailed on to open.

Markram & Amla having an audition to partner him.

I think the final group games and resting / rotating players depends on how the semi finals are looking. Last World Cup they may not have rested as wanted to get a better draw etc.

With 9 games to play in short space of time, would see the fast bowlers being rotated a bit. Certainly rested if they’d played 7 games and team was qualified.

There will also be changes for types of wicket, conditions & opposition. Extra spinner at Taunton maybe, think I read somewhere that Southee has a good record against Chris Gayle so expect to see h come in for that game etc.
then Amla gets the job based purely on today. Shame if Markram does not play as he is a bargain.

But then so is van der Dussen so let's see if he can get runs and nick a spot in the lineup.

Sri Lanka's bowlers are getting caned. 7 an over at halfway - I could see South Africa getting 450.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

worrying for South Africa. After hitting 7 an over from the first 26 overs, the next 21 overs have been at 5 an over. I thought you were supposed to speed up...

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Looks like Mark Wood is injured again.

Unfortunately for the lad, he’s made of biscuits and really shouldn’t have been picked for a tournament where he’ll play so many games over a reasonably short space of time.

Chance for Willey to come back in perhaps.

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Post by bluelionman »

I would like to attack the runs table but having trouble finding a stats table - anyone know of one that shows bowlers runs... I kind of need ones that come in higher up the order or get consistent knocks.

02bburco
Red & Blue Braces

Post by 02bburco »

Question,

It says that transfers take effect from the start of the next game, so hypothetically if you had a captain in the early game, who was say a bowler who bats 11, he bowls his overs before the 130 start for game 2, could you have a new captain for the 130 game and both count double?

tyaslevesley
FISOhead
FS Record: Undesputes FISO SuperXV champion 2013

Post by tyaslevesley »

bluelionman wrote: 25 May 2019, 15:11 I would like to attack the runs table but having trouble finding a stats table - anyone know of one that shows bowlers runs... I kind of need ones that come in higher up the order or get consistent knocks.

cricinfo is the stats bible for me

irtysh
Treebeard

Post by irtysh »

02bburco wrote: 26 May 2019, 01:14 Question,

It says that transfers take effect from the start of the next game, so hypothetically if you had a captain in the early game, who was say a bowler who bats 11, he bowls his overs before the 130 start for game 2, could you have a new captain for the 130 game and both count double?
Rule 8 says 'Players can be transferred up until the scheduled start time of each match for the transfer to take effect for that match'.

So if there is a game that starts at 11:00 and you have a captain from that game in place before 11:00, he scores points as captain for the whole of that match. If there is then a game at 13:30 the same day and you bring in a captain playing in that match (at say 12:30) he scores points for all of that match. Therefore, you can have 2 captains playing at once.

The first captain (the one in the 11:00 game) doesn't have his captain points restricted to the part of that game before 13:30 - rather he gets points as captain for the whole match, as stated in the rule. You could even transfer him out at 12:30 for a player/captain in the 13:30 game and he'd still get captain points for the whole game, as the rule says that if he's brought in before the start time of his match (11:00) then he scores points for that match - what you do with him after 11:00 doesn't change that.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion/interpretation of the rules only and has not been verified by TFC. I may be wrong!

redmen82
FISOhead
FS Record: always last

Post by redmen82 »

Any tips. I would like to put a team in but not sure. Would you just use transfers yo swap captains then use captain picks aswell. Also are there many options of extra games?

02bburco
Red & Blue Braces

Post by 02bburco »

anyone able to confirm this with TFC? Because that would effect stratagy massively.

Anyone actually worked out the best method of chaining captains yet? Must be someone here with more free time than me who has haha. (Teacher - Exam season)

redmen82
FISOhead
FS Record: always last

Post by redmen82 »

How many England players should you start with. I have 6 but feels too many

Also what's more important/score higher, batters or bowlers?

wizardoffire
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Post by wizardoffire »

raoul wrote: 20 May 2019, 11:54 re overseas, anyone know if North America is a problem playing Telegraph fantasy games?

Am also going to be away (although a forced transfer ban might not be such a bad thing!)
I live in Canada and not have an issue
ironically im currently over in the UK for a couple of weeks right now

get_on_my_cocker
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Won many company leagues, and nearly won TFFO back in the day. Also managed Carra's team to success in Sky FF

Post by get_on_my_cocker »

02bburco wrote: 26 May 2019, 01:14 Question,

Yes, you can make transfers for the 1030 game, and then more transfers for the 1330 game. So if I had player X in for the 1030 game and took him out for the 1330 game, he would still score for the duration of the 1030 game. The incoming player would also score for the duration of the 1330 game.

02bburco
Red & Blue Braces

Post by 02bburco »

I would say batsman will outscore bowlers massively, I think bowlers are pick and stick for the group stages and rotate batsman.

By my maths even using all 10 captain changes and 25 trasfers to swap captains there will be 9 days where you wont have a captain.

Are we thinking its more important to have a captain as often as possible and bank on rain to cover the 9 days plus potential dud games (Afganistan v SL for example?)

Or to use transfers to get 2-3 of the same player in for certain match ups if the coin comes down right e.g. Eng bat first v Afgan?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”