To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

What would be your perfect DT 19/20?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won DT WC 2018
Won DT weekender wk 2 18/19
Won TFE 18/19

What would be your perfect DT 19/20?

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

I know there have been similar threads before but what would be your ideal dream team competition 2019/20 season? Tbh I think the game is good as it is so it’s not a moan from me but I’d like the following 4 things;

3 PLAYERS MAX FROM A CLUB: I’d like a return to 3 players max per club as it would provide even more to think about when picking your team. And it would obviously scrap the full blocks that have been a massive part of the game since 3 players max was replaced with unlimited. If say Zaha starts summer as a palace player but in January window he moves to spurs then he stays a palace player in DT all season.

A RETURN OF DT EUROPE: I think most of us loved the DT Europe game and gave us something else to look forward to (especially if your main seasonal teams weren’t doing great). Maybe scrap the various predictor games they had this season eg darts, horse racing, CL for revenue for DT Europe prize money.

KING OF WEEKENDER SEASON BACK: As I’ve said before, if they scrapped the 3 or 4 double £10k weekenders that means £20k extra for weekender seasonal. £15k to winner, £4k to runner up, £1k to 3rd. We could then have 2 weekender teams so that one of them you could use to target seasonal weekender game (but both still eligible for weekender win) that the likes of ex pro gaffer, gutshot, dots lad etc did well in this season.

WEEKENDER 11 PLAYERS: I don’t mind 7 players with unlimited budget but I’d prefer 11 players within a £50 mill budget (and 3 players max per club). DT could use original value of players instead of current value eg if Kane starts as 8.0 value then he stays 8.0 for weekenders all season.

So what would you want for DT next season?

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Re: What would be your perfect DT 19/20?

Post by RickyRosa »

Exactly the same as you mate with the exception of point 4 which I think would be to much trouble for them with regards keeping the player prices the same as the start of the season.

Think 11 in the weekemder works better than the 7 and I prefer the European game to the main game!

Think they won't scrap the predictor games though as they are trying to generate revenue from sports betting.

I'd like to see more formations in the main game possible and as you say a max of 3 players from each team which would make it more diffuclt to put in City/pool blocks and still bring in the superstars like Aguero and salah

Think it would make the game more technical and more fun and allow for differing variants which could see people charging up or down the table as opposed to it being pretty static as it was for the latter half of the season

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Exactly the same as you mate with the exception of point 4 which I think would be to much trouble for them with regards keeping the player prices the same as the start of the season.

Think 11 in the weekemder works better than the 7 and I prefer the European game to the main game!

Think they won't scrap the predictor games though as they are trying to generate revenue from sports betting.

I'd like to see more formations in the main game possible and as you say a max of 3 players from each team which would make it more diffuclt to put in City/pool blocks and still bring in the superstars like Aguero and salah

Think it would make the game more technical and more fun and allow for differing variants which could see people charging up or down the table as opposed to it being pretty static as it was for the latter half of the season

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

Definately agree with the 3 max per team rule.

Would also prefer to be given say 20/25 transfers per team per season,to be used anytime you wanted,& once their gone,their gone so managers would need to be quite prudent with them

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Hard to put something like this in as the league can change a lot but something that involves having to pick 2 players not in Europe or lower down the leagues.

Where there's the potential to have 9 so called normal picks, and then 2 more obscure picks.

Some might say everyone will pick the same but there's quite abit of variety from lower half of the league.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Don’t we already have that by virtue of the fact you can’t pick 11 European players at the start of the season (or 11 decent ones)?

So you need a Maddison or a Jota to balance the books?

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

I mean more long term. Maybe where you had 9 premier picks like teams from Europe and 2 other picks. So at no point could you have 11 top 4 players.

Not just for the first month where one obscure player scores a hat trick everyone jumps on for 4-5 consecutive price rises to then jump off again.

By October there lots of teams that have 11 premier picks so they never have to look below the top 6-7 teams. Whereas if they had to keep on top of rotating their maybe not so desirable picks it may make the game more challenging.

Or they could make prices so high that you could only afford at the start 5-6 big players. Not 9 big ones and 2 cheap.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

How do you determine who is the top 4 or top 6 clubs though so this would never work. Granted it will probably be the usual suspects but just saying unless the rules clearly stated you must not have a team that consists just of Man c, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs , Man U and Arsenal although as Zimmerman said highly unlikely you’d have the budget to do it anyway.

My preference for the new game would be put premium defender starting prices up as they are scoring as high as midfielders in the current climate especially with how many clean sheets the top clubs are getting. This might stop the full blocks a bit and make the game a bit more skilled again. I’d like to see the weekender scrapped - think it’s shite. And takes away the prize pot at end of the season which I think should go to at least 150k for 1st prize again. Monthly competition was much better and could still do that with a 5k prize and use your current 10 teams each month so you have 10 chances to win that. Apart from that I’m happy 😃

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

That's why I said it would be hard in my intital post.

I'm happy enough with the overall game but it would be a more challenging and skilled game if you needed to consider a bigger group of players instead of the same 30-40 players every year.

Or as I also said make player prices so high that you can't start the season with 8-9 big hitters. Make it down to 5-6.

Imagine if you could only have say the below 6 plus 5 players that had to be around the bottom 10 teams in the league. It would make the game more open and there would be a bigger pool of players to choose from meaning more varied teams and ultimately you may have to think harder about who you bring in. And off course who you take out.

May also see that we don't have more or less template teams with only half a season played.

Allison
Van Dijk
Hazard
Sterling
Kane
Aguero
Last edited by cclem345 on 18 May 2019, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won DT WC 2018
Won DT weekender wk 2 18/19
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

Bringing back the monthlies is a good shout Ben though I’d still like to keep the weekender as it gives you something to look forward to every weekend thinking you might win.

The price increase for VVD, Laporte, Robertson next season is a good shout. Remember when the likes of Terry, vidic, Rio, carragher etc were 6.0+?

Another thing I’d like to bring in is so you can’t see anyone else’s team. I know it’s the same for all of us, regardless of the rules so I still expect to see familiar names in leaderboard but again I think it would make it even more challenging (though tbf you could have some indication of players team still eg if City get a clean sheet on a Monday night game and leader gets big points that night then it wouldn’t be too hard to realise leader has a city block)

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

Keep the prices the same but drop the budget to 40m ( it would eliminate a few average Joes )

Also 3 players max per club

Saying that I’m quite content if nothing changes, and confident of a good crack at it again next year ! 👍

WNP
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 4th in Dream Team Weekly Seasonal 14/15. Winner of week 12 Dream Team Weekly 14/15

Post by WNP »

Let's face it, they've been dumbing the game down each year to appeal to the masses rather than dedicated FF players, so I can't see them changing anything that would make it more difficult to pick a team (they won't make the pricing more of a challenge or put in restrictions on number of players per team).

The things that I'd like to see:

DT Europe - loved this side game, not sure if we'll see it again, but a game that started from the group stage would be great.

Weekender - I hate the way they've turned it into a lottery. The best format was when you could pick 5 teams (full teams - 11 players) and your best score was added to your total for the year. I'd love them to bring this back, but they won't.

3-5-2 - They introduced 3-4-3, so why not 3-5-2? I'm not sure how many teams used 3-4-3 last season (defenders seemed to score just as well as mids and were generally cheaper), but why not give us the option.

Paid entry - The days when you had to pay to enter a team was better IMO. Why not give players the option to pay to enter their teams into a league where free teams aren't eligible? They can still run a free league (which paid team should also qualify for), and just have 2 league tables, one free and one paid. That way they could stop reducing the prize pool!

Gunner
Cheetah

Post by Gunner »

Agree with

1) DT Europe - it was always something to look forward to in February when most teams are dead
2) 352 added to formations allowed (442, 433, 343, 352)
3) Weekender 11 players with budget + seasonal weekender prize
4) Monthlies were good & generated interest
5) Tighter Budget so teams are different from each other
6) Free League & Paid league subscriptions would allow more prize money
7) Variable pricing as this season

A change I would consider is max 6 European players so that you have to find 5 decent players from other 14 teams.

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

I'd prefer to go in and do transfers at any time therefore maximizing weekly potential. Monthlies were a big attraction for me. Just the remedy after falling way behind in the season league. I don't mind paying either - at least it would get rid of the extended family cheats.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Gunner wrote: 22 May 2019, 16:16 A change I would consider is max 6 European players so that you have to find 5 decent players from other 14 teams.
A massive lure of the Sun game is the midweek European action. No way will (or should) they tamper with that.

superiorpinkham
Grumpy Old Man

Post by superiorpinkham »

Would be good if the ratings were rounded up. It's annoying when players get 6.97 etc and no 3 point bonus.

And as pointed out earlier, being able to make transfers during the week, regardless of whether a player's team has played or not would be handy.

Definitely needs something to shake up the table after Christmas; if your team isn't up there by then you've had it. A few seasons ago it was double points for FA Cup games wasn't it? Could maybe do something similar (add a bit of a lotto element to the main game)

Gunner
Cheetah

Post by Gunner »

Zimmerman wrote: 22 May 2019, 20:30
Gunner wrote: 22 May 2019, 16:16 A change I would consider is max 6 European players so that you have to find 5 decent players from other 14 teams.
A massive lure of the Sun game is the midweek European action. No way will (or should) they tamper with that.

Max 6 European players might be a bit extreme but surely at least 3 players should be non-european so the bottom 14 teams are represented.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Said similar myself gunner. There needs to be something different to make you have to think about a wider pool of players. Make the budget so that you can't have all the big hitters by Christmas.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”