View Latest: 1 Day | FISO Injury Search

FISO GOALS! 2018/19 - FREE TO ENTER

A forum for the running of the FISO Goals competition. This is a score predictions game based on the English Premier League. See the top menu bar for the link to enter your predictions and see the automated leaderboard.
Post Reply
User avatar
bluenosey
Dumblenose
Posts: 12536
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:26
Location: Solihull
FS Record: Considerably poorer than yow :-(

Re: FISO GOALS! 2018/19 - FREE TO ENTER

Post by bluenosey » 22 Feb 2019, 19:46

Alas, still no joy here. If a mod can override/type in on my behalf :-

West Ham 2 Fulham 1
Cardiff 1 Watford 1

I would be most grateful

I wouldn't bother but still in with a shout... ish.

User avatar
eagle224
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1979
Joined: 10 Nov 2005, 22:14
Location: England
FS Record: Average

Re: FISO GOALS! 2018/19 - FREE TO ENTER

Post by eagle224 » 12 Mar 2019, 20:14

Can the next set of fixtures be added please. The list is showing as blank since the end of GW30.

User avatar
scopsm
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1778
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:32
Location: Cardiff
FS Record: 6th AOL comp 2009/10 season; Winner of SportsKnockout Pro League, 15th William Hill 2010/11, 2nd Sun Dream Team weekly Dec 2014, 3rd Tennis for Free Champions League 2015

Re: FISO GOALS! 2018/19 - FREE TO ENTER

Post by scopsm » 14 Mar 2019, 11:02

Fixtures still not available to select for this week.

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 89677
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: Chasing an egg (see my WWW or FPL links)
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
Contact:

Re: FISO GOALS! 2018/19 - FREE TO ENTER

Post by murf » 14 Mar 2019, 12:19

I'll post on the admin thread to see if anyone can do it (I can't)

User avatar
Chinese Whisperer
Treebeard
Posts: 216
Joined: 17 Aug 2011, 08:40
Location: SHEFFIELD

Re: FISO GOALS! 2018/19 - FREE TO ENTER

Post by Chinese Whisperer » 26 Mar 2019, 19:55

Is anyone updating this game ?
The fixtures for the coming GW are not complete and the leaderboard is two GWs out of date.

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 89677
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: Chasing an egg (see my WWW or FPL links)
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
Contact:

Re: FISO GOALS! 2018/19 - FREE TO ENTER

Post by murf » 30 Mar 2019, 11:06

Chinese Whisperer wrote:
26 Mar 2019, 19:55
Is anyone updating this game ?
The fixtures for the coming GW are not complete and the leaderboard is two GWs out of date.
This weekend's fixtures are up and pickable BUT the set (also) includes only 1 of the 5 midweek games :?

User avatar
Rob
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3538
Joined: 24 Jul 2009, 10:54
Location: Poster formerly known as SOBD
FS Record: WC2010 FISODAS Champion!!

Re: FISO GOALS! 2018/19 - FREE TO ENTER

Post by Rob » 30 Mar 2019, 11:26

Now sorted

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 89677
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: Chasing an egg (see my WWW or FPL links)
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
Contact:

Re: FISO GOALS! 2018/19 - FREE TO ENTER

Post by murf » 30 Mar 2019, 11:28

Brilliant :D

User avatar
Des
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1502
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:33
Location: Lost in time

Re: FISO GOALS! 2018/19 - FREE TO ENTER

Post by Des » 30 Mar 2019, 11:59

Is it just me?
When I try to connect to FISO Goals (or FISODAS), I get a "Content Encoding Error".

"An error occurred during a connection to www.fiso.co.uk.

Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem."

User avatar
admin
FISO Administrator
Posts: 10640
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 17:29
Location: Fantasy Sports Forum
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf, 4th DTWCC
Contact:

Re: FISO GOALS! 2018/19 - FREE TO ENTER

Post by admin » 30 Mar 2019, 17:04

Des wrote:
30 Mar 2019, 11:59
Is it just me?
When I try to connect to FISO Goals (or FISODAS), I get a "Content Encoding Error".

"An error occurred during a connection to www.fiso.co.uk.

Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem."
Altered the settings in a plugin I've recently installed to help speed up FISO. Try again.

User avatar
Malrom
Dumbledore
Posts: 6059
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:43
Location: Feet in Switzerland, Football heart in Leeds
FS Record: Winner of the FISODAS Premiership title season 15
Contact:

Re: FISO GOALS! 2018/19 - FREE TO ENTER

Post by Malrom » 30 Mar 2019, 19:34

admin wrote:
30 Mar 2019, 17:04
Des wrote:
30 Mar 2019, 11:59
Is it just me?
When I try to connect to FISO Goals (or FISODAS), I get a "Content Encoding Error".

"An error occurred during a connection to www.fiso.co.uk.

Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem."
Altered the settings in a plugin I've recently installed to help speed up FISO. Try again.
works for me now! Thank you!

david thomas
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 10 Apr 2019, 10:02

Re: FISO GOALS! 2018/19 - FREE TO ENTER

Post by david thomas » 11 Apr 2019, 08:25

Awesome! Well done everyone

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 89677
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: Chasing an egg (see my WWW or FPL links)
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
Contact:

Re: FISO GOALS! 2018/19 - FREE TO ENTER

Post by murf » 12 Apr 2019, 18:49

All the fixture times were set to 3pm this weekend so I have fixed them (AGAIN).

I won't be doing this next season, only doing it now to keep it legit as I'veplayed so many weeks, we really need someone to step up and run the game.

User avatar
scopsm
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1778
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:32
Location: Cardiff
FS Record: 6th AOL comp 2009/10 season; Winner of SportsKnockout Pro League, 15th William Hill 2010/11, 2nd Sun Dream Team weekly Dec 2014, 3rd Tennis for Free Champions League 2015

Re: FISO GOALS! 2018/19 - FREE TO ENTER

Post by scopsm » 01 May 2019, 10:40

Can anyone update the scores for the game please, hasn't been done for a few weeks?

User avatar
Rob
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3538
Joined: 24 Jul 2009, 10:54
Location: Poster formerly known as SOBD
FS Record: WC2010 FISODAS Champion!!

Re: FISO GOALS! 2018/19 - FREE TO ENTER

Post by Rob » 01 May 2019, 10:45

I'll take a look this evening

User avatar
flyingkillercob
Dumbledore
Posts: 5393
Joined: 25 Feb 2007, 19:24
FS Record: murf’s African Nations Cup 2012 Winner. FISO Goals 15/16 & 17/18 Winner.

Re: FISO GOALS! 2018/19 - FREE TO ENTER

Post by flyingkillercob » 03 May 2019, 13:20

Can't see the Everton-Burnley match anywhere.

User avatar
Rob
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3538
Joined: 24 Jul 2009, 10:54
Location: Poster formerly known as SOBD
FS Record: WC2010 FISODAS Champion!!

Re: FISO GOALS! 2018/19 - FREE TO ENTER

Post by Rob » 03 May 2019, 14:37

flyingkillercob wrote:
03 May 2019, 13:20
Can't see the Everton-Burnley match anywhere.
Thanks for the prompt, that's now showing.

raoul
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1619
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:32
FS Record: got up to 3rd in TFF overall one Christmas about 15 years ago ... and won Football Fantastic (how I miss thee) one year. Apart from that, pants.

Re: FISO GOALS! 2018/19 - FREE TO ENTER

Post by raoul » 03 May 2019, 15:01

I have never looked at this, but plan to play next season (I noted the desire for people to show some willing, so...)

Is there a post where the rules are laid out, or is it so simple that a one-line reply suffices?

User avatar
flyingkillercob
Dumbledore
Posts: 5393
Joined: 25 Feb 2007, 19:24
FS Record: murf’s African Nations Cup 2012 Winner. FISO Goals 15/16 & 17/18 Winner.

Re: FISO GOALS! 2018/19 - FREE TO ENTER

Post by flyingkillercob » 03 May 2019, 15:38

Rob wrote:
03 May 2019, 14:37
flyingkillercob wrote:
03 May 2019, 13:20
Can't see the Everton-Burnley match anywhere.
Thanks for the prompt, that's now showing.
Thanks Rob :)

raoul wrote:
03 May 2019, 15:01
I have never looked at this, but plan to play next season (I noted the desire for people to show some willing, so...)

Is there a post where the rules are laid out, or is it so simple that a one-line reply suffices?
All you do is enter your predictions for Premier League fixtures. 3pts are awarded for each correct score, and 1pt for correct result (eg home win) but incorrect score. At the end of the season, the winner gets a prize (usually a FISO mug) and all the glory you can handle.

raoul
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1619
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:32
FS Record: got up to 3rd in TFF overall one Christmas about 15 years ago ... and won Football Fantastic (how I miss thee) one year. Apart from that, pants.

Re: FISO GOALS! 2018/19 - FREE TO ENTER

Post by raoul » 03 May 2019, 15:45

flyingkillercob wrote:
03 May 2019, 15:38
Rob wrote:
03 May 2019, 14:37
flyingkillercob wrote:
03 May 2019, 13:20
Can't see the Everton-Burnley match anywhere.
Thanks for the prompt, that's now showing.
Thanks Rob :)

raoul wrote:
03 May 2019, 15:01
I have never looked at this, but plan to play next season (I noted the desire for people to show some willing, so...)

Is there a post where the rules are laid out, or is it so simple that a one-line reply suffices?
All you do is enter your predictions for Premier League fixtures. 3pts are awarded for each correct score, and 1pt for correct result (eg home win) but incorrect score. At the end of the season, the winner gets a prize (usually a FISO mug) and all the glory you can handle.
I can cope with that level of complexity. I'm in!

User avatar
admin
FISO Administrator
Posts: 10640
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 17:29
Location: Fantasy Sports Forum
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf, 4th DTWCC
Contact:

Re: FISO GOALS! 2018/19 - FREE TO ENTER

Post by admin » 14 May 2019, 17:24

I've entered the remaining results and subject to confirmation from Rob (who's been looking after FISO Goals this season so I'm a bit out of the loop) below appears to be the final leaderboard.

If that's correct bluenosey should send me a PM with his name and address so I can order him an invaluable FISO Mug.

Position Points Username
1 311 bluenosey
2 306 El Tel of Ealing
3 304 lano14
4 300 murf
5 297 scopsm
6 296 kevchenko
6 296 Spinynorman
6 296 flyingkillercob
9 293 Ralfbergs
10 289 Chinese Whisperer
11 287 frattonender
12 285 YourMumsModesty
13 278 ferg
14 276 hammerddh
15 272 steve foster
16 271 Hammertime
17 269 metalwarlord
18 267 velcro
19 259 Jok57
20 255 Newfounder

User avatar
Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
Posts: 26180
Joined: 23 Jul 2006, 08:12
Location: West Midlands.
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Re: FISO GOALS! 2018/19 - FREE TO ENTER

Post by Spinynorman » 14 May 2019, 17:43

I suffered some serious slippage towards the end. :(

Well done to Bluenosey. :)

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 89677
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: Chasing an egg (see my WWW or FPL links)
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
Contact:

Re: FISO GOALS! 2018/19 - FREE TO ENTER

Post by murf » 14 May 2019, 21:12

4th. Meh.

Well played bluenosey, enjoy your mug.

Jelly beans?

User avatar
admin
FISO Administrator
Posts: 10640
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 17:29
Location: Fantasy Sports Forum
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf, 4th DTWCC
Contact:

Re: FISO GOALS! 2018/19 - FREE TO ENTER

Post by admin » 14 May 2019, 22:06

murf wrote:
14 May 2019, 21:12
4th. Meh.

Well played bluenosey, enjoy your mug.

Jelly beans?
Think you still hold the highest total score over any season, murf?

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 89677
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: Chasing an egg (see my WWW or FPL links)
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
Contact:

Re: FISO GOALS! 2018/19 - FREE TO ENTER

Post by murf » 15 May 2019, 08:23

That was a good season!

Used to put the same picks in Superbru (different scoring system) and was top 10 in the world.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts
Post Reply

Return to “FISO GOALS (Premiership Predictions)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests