To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Gameweek 37 Captaincy Poll

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Who will be your Gameweek 37 captain?

Son
3%
Jiminez
4%
Jota
2%
Salah
9%
Mane
2%
Hazard
2%
Pogba
6%
Rashford
2%
Lukaku
3%
Aubemeyang
1%
Lacazette
No votes
Sterling
17%
Aguero
47%

Total votes: 89

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Gameweek 37 Captaincy Poll

Post by TheRumourMill »

In contrast to last week, quite a few potential options this week. Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal all have excellent fixtures, but will european exersions affect them? Wolves on the face of it have a good fixture, but Fulham have 3 clean sheets in a row(!).

The title challengers have what appear to be tricky fixtures, but Liverpool do have special agent Brendan and special agent Benitez working for them this weekend.....could this swing the captaincy decision towards a liverpool asset?

For me Manchester United appear the best bet, but even there, there are concerns over team form, Pogba's positioning, and Rashford's shoulder.

Pro's and con's for many options then, would be interested to hear thoughts below.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Re: Gameweek 37 Captaincy Poll

Post by Stevieste »

Lukaku C Sterling V

Just think Huddersfield are shocking and can lose heavily even to a poor Man Utd team and these last 2 games are a time for Lukaku to bag a few braces to show any of the new promoted sides he be a good addition to there team for £10 million max 🤣

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Want to bring in Rashford and captain him, I also have Pogba but may just stick it on Aguero, this time of the year he's normally pretty reliable.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

lukaku and rashford are injured :lol: probably jimenez or jota

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

yttod1010 wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 10:52 lukaku and rashford are injured :lol: probably jimenez or jota
True but they may recover by the weekend, had to include them really with that fixture! Votes can always be changed later in the week anyway :)

Fuzz
FISOhead
FS Record: 579th in FPL 2014/15

Post by Fuzz »

Currently on Agüero, but also considering Sterling and Jota.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote:Want to bring in Rashford and captain him, I also have Pogba but may just stick it on Aguero, this time of the year he's normally pretty reliable.
What about Shaw? He's presently one of our best attacking players.

If I wasn't concerned with blocking my ML rival, I'd get him and (c). Might still do if Rashford remains injured.

Oh wait, forgot Kun against (LEI) Image

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

On mane but considering Jota jiminez . Would be on Son but for their midweek game he’s looking a bit tired too

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

carver wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 12:06 On mane but considering Jota jiminez . Would be on Son but for their midweek game he’s looking a bit tired too
hes suspended for midweek

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Really tough choice this week, no standout picks imo.

Newcastle away against, and with Benitez involved, has the potential to be a banana skin for Liverpool, but then so does Leicester for Man City, who look to have improved somewhat since Rodgers took over. Probably a slight lean towards the latter due to them being at home, but then it's a complete toss of a coin between Aguero and Sterling.

Can't see anything other than a comfortable win for United against Huddersfield, but then I don't like any of their options. Pogba's got one eye on the door, Rashford looks to be injured, Lukaku's unfit and Solksjaer's reportedly furious about Martial's attitude - who else is there?

Currently on Aguero (C), Sterling (VC), but I can definitely be swayed.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Bixer wrote:Really tough choice this week, no standout picks imo.

Newcastle away against, and with Benitez involved, has the potential to be a banana skin for Liverpool, but then so does Leicester for Man City, who look to have improved somewhat since Rodgers took over. Probably a slight lean towards the latter due to them being at home, but then it's a complete toss of a coin between Aguero and Sterling.

Can't see anything other than a comfortable win for United against Huddersfield, but then I don't like any of their options. Pogba's got one eye on the door, Rashford looks to be injured, Lukaku's unfit and Solksjaer's reportedly furious about Martial's attitude - who else is there?

Currently on Aguero (C), Sterling (VC), but I can definitely be swayed.
I don't see Leicester being particularly tough for Man City. Their present style of play might play into City's hands a bit. If Liverpool slip up, the stage will be set for a comprehensive win on Monday night.

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

Stevieste wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 10:32 Lukaku to bag a few braces to show any of the new promoted sides he be a good addition to there team for £10 max 🤣
fixed it for you Stevieste

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Mooy 😎

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

I think Leicester has potential to be tricky enough for City but it'll probably have goals in it. I wouldn't see Leicester winning 1-0. If they do get anything, it'll likely be 2-2 or something

ChrisD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ChrisD »

I’m probably going Aguero. I always think it’s nice to settle down to the game on Monday night having seen all other popular captains fail (hopefully) with the band on someone...

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

bigcliff2 wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 17:25 I think Leicester has potential to be tricky enough for City but it'll probably have goals in it. I wouldn't see Leicester winning 1-0. If they do get anything, it'll likely be 2-2 or something
I thought about selling Vardy, but I can see them scoring.....

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Probably end up with Agüero (c). Other options include Jiménez and Mané but I think I have more faith in Agüero.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Aguero.
Won't go for Jota or Jiménez as Wolves have the tendency to like blank against the teams in the bottom half of the table.

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thekitkatshuffler »

Brought in Jota this week and intend to captain him.

Aguero vice.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

SirMattBugsby wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 11:58
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote:Want to bring in Rashford and captain him, I also have Pogba but may just stick it on Aguero, this time of the year he's normally pretty reliable.

If I wasn't concerned with blocking my ML rival, I'd get him and (c). Might still do if Rashford remains injured.

I'm starting Laporte, Doherty and TAA so a defensive transfer isn't really on the cards for me. Have Firmino flagged and he may get rotated anyway so he's gonna be my transfer out, have 10.3 to spend so can't afford Lukaku annoyingly.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

Surprised Sterling has such few votes!

Him or Aguero for me.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 01 May 2019, 02:16
SirMattBugsby wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 11:58

I'm starting Laporte, Doherty and TAA so a defensive transfer isn't really on the cards for me. Have Firmino flagged and he may get rotated anyway so he's gonna be my transfer out, have 10.3 to spend so can't afford Lukaku annoyingly.
Sounds like a blessing to me

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Aguero (c)
Jimenez (vc)

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Pogba(c) Aguero(vc), I think!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

This is a "stick a pin in" GW for me

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Ended up on Sterling (C), Aguero (VC)

Can't really look much past City at home and the call between those two is so tight that I'm going for Sterling almost purely for the fact he's the midfielder - with extra points for goals and possibly one for a clean sheet.

I do also like the fact he seems to be somewhat of a differential as most seem to be going for Aguero this week.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Salah (Mane)

Need to catch up so hope Kun is quiet and most go within him, worrying tho.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Even though he a doubt im going Lukaku C and Sterling V

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

I'm very tempted by Salah. Between him and Sterling for me.

fairfranco
Red & Blue Braces

Post by fairfranco »

Took a wild punt on sigurdson.

At least I got my disappointment early!

Top team so far made me laugh. Triple captained coleman with vice of Digne! Not only a weird TC choice but uses both of them and does it the opposite way to what most people would choose!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”