To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW35 Transfers (Deadline Saturday 20th April 11:30)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Re: GW35 Transfers (Deadline Saturday 20th April 11:30)

Post by Sutter Kane »

tarkens wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 09:15 I have 18.6 to spend on 3 players (def, mid, fwd), any ideas that don't include Danny Ings?
TAA/Doucoure/Wilson

or Robertson/Redmond/Wilson

Lots of ideas but depends on your circumstances/rotation/etc.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

There are permutations with Firmino too. Like Firmino/Hojbjerg/Another. Do you have to do the defender change (for a hit I presume)?

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Sutter Kane wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 09:36 There are permutations with Firmino too. Like Firmino/Hojbjerg/Another. Do you have to do the defender change (for a hit I presume)?
I have both Dunk and Duffy so yeah I think so haha
Sutter Kane wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 09:32
tarkens wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 09:15 I have 18.6 to spend on 3 players (def, mid, fwd), any ideas that don't include Danny Ings?
TAA/Doucoure/Wilson

or Robertson/Redmond/Wilson

Lots of ideas but depends on your circumstances/rotation/etc.
0.1 short from option number 2, so it'd have to be either Van Dijk or TAA, not Robertson, but I like it.

I have to get out the BB bubble and start considering players with SGW like Wilson, TAA/Deulofeu/Wilson is an option too, would love to know a bit more about Deulofeu's fitness though...

actually that 18.6 ITB can easily become 18.9 ITB if I transfer out Duffy instead of Dunk, so Robbo/Redmond/Wilson is back on the table, however with Barca on the horizon, I'm a bit worried that Klopp will rest Robertson soon. I know he gave him 20 minute rest yesterday but I fear there's more to come

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Not sure he can afford to rest Robertson. He can keep subbing him though. It's the one position, bar GK, that there isn't much quality apart from him.

Or you could get JWP instead of Redmond. I'd prefer to keep Duffy over Dunk when BBoosting but the extra money could be useful. Really depends on what your future transfer plans might be. Who would you want to change? (one or two of the Wolves guys in GW38 - what money would be needed for that??)

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

They play HUD four days before going to Barcelona, we might see Milner or even Moreno as a LB. I believe Premier League is a priority for Liverpool and Klopp but it's only Huddersfield at home, they should win it with Moreno as LB and Sturridge up front.

as for GW38, Danny Ings for Jimenez? they play Huddersfield at home, should be an open affair with not much defending, both teams playing for nothing.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Yes I like that one. I considered Ings too. But also Zaha. Ings might be injured by then!

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

The Huddersfield game does worry me a bit. I think if Man City win both their double game weeks, then Klopp might be thinking, we've lost the title now, especially with Man C out of Europe now. So he will be more inclined to rotate. However if Man City get 4 points or less from the 2 games, I can't see any rest for anyone at Liverpool. All key assets subbed off early. (on a different note, doesn't seem like Salah/Mane need much rest, they are usually on the pitch to the bitter end)

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

the HUD game worries me a bit because this is where I want to play my TC (Salah)...

goooner
Red & Blue Braces

Post by goooner »

So why does the HUD game before Barcelona worry for TC on Salah?
Isnt this a PERFECT opportunity to Get Salah into some goalscoring mode.
Cant see why Salah of everyone would be rested against HUD.
Salah will play that game, its not an option with 7-9 days of rest before a important Barcelona game. Its to much.

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

because Klopp doesn't need Salah to beat Huddersfield, but he definitely needs him against Barcelona

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

goooner wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 10:35 So why does the HUD game before Barcelona worry for TC on Salah?
Isnt this a PERFECT opportunity to Get Salah into some goalscoring mode.
Cant see why Salah of everyone would be rested against HUD.
Salah will play that game, its not an option with 7-9 days of rest before a important Barcelona game. Its to much.
In which case top players from big squads shouldn't miss any games because the easy games can play them into 'beast mode'. But we know it happens. I agree the chances are slim but they are not out of the question. He'll come on with 30 minutes to go, no doubt which is his 'warm-up'.

However I think he'll play. Might be more inclined to try Son as captain though, just in case.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

It would be perfect if City and Liverpool were more likely to end up in the equal points. Then it could encourage Klopp to attempt a goal galore against Huddersfield. But currently it seems rather unlikely that a goal difference is needed.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

I was all set on doing Deeney to Wilson this week, then change Eriksen to KDB and possibly get TAA too in GW36/7. That would all but make it impossible to get Salah next week which is an slightly unsafe option.

I can however get Llorente this week and then take a hit next week, remove Duffy for Bednarek and switch Eriksen to Salah. It's not clear to me whether this is a no-brainer situation, either way!! It might be but my mind appears to be clouded with this cloudy cider.

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

Ryan :arrow: Foster

I decided WTH, stick with Duffy. If he gets a goal or two this week...

Fuzz
FISOhead
FS Record: 579th in FPL 2014/15

Post by Fuzz »

Camarasa :arrow: Redmond
Deeney :arrow: Wilson

Stuck with my triple Brighton defence for the bench boost.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

I also want KDB in again, just not sure for who of my midfielders (Jota, Deulofeu, Son, Pogba and Tielemans) as I don't want to get rid of Son anymore now he's suspended for the next CL game. Might do Duffy to Mendy instead and miss his goals this gameweek.

Aguero for Lukaku more likely although can see the big Belgian score against his former teams on Everton and Chelsea..

elliot
Treebeard

Post by elliot »

From4corners wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 21:43 I also want KDB in again, just not sure for who of my midfielders (Jota, Deulofeu, Son, Pogba and Tielemans) as I don't want to get rid of Son anymore now he's suspended for the next CL game. Might do Duffy to Mendy instead and miss his goals this gameweek.

Aguero for Lukaku more likely although can see the big Belgian score against his former teams on Everton and Chelsea..
I hadn’t even considered Mendy. Is he likely to play a third game in succession? Laporte is still way more secure, right?
If Mendy is going to play most of the remaining games he could be a great pick, but is there any reason we think he will?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Sshh. Delete\edit that post :wink:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Eriksen :arrow: Sterling
Lukaku :arrow: Jiménez

I'm sorry to lose Eriksen but Son should hopefully be enough coverage from a Champions League-focused Spurs side, and it feels oh so good to look at my team and see Sterling sitting there ready to wreak havoc.

Lukaku was a somewhat dunderheaded pick to begin with. United haven't been playing well and Solskjær seems happy to shunt Lukaku out to the right wing and sub him off early. Jiménez was always coming in for me this week but it was originally planned to be for Murray, who gets a stay of execution. He can sit on my unboosted bench for a week along with Ryan and Duffy, where they can think about what they've done.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

A rash -4 to get Jimenez and Laporte for Murray and Azpi

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Oxford NZ wrote: 19 Apr 2019, 01:01 A rash -4 to get Jimenez and Laporte for Murray and Azpi
You have a blonde wig and school girl outfit 8-) 8-)

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 19 Apr 2019, 00:35 Eriksen :arrow: Sterling

I'm sorry to lose Eriksen but Son should hopefully be enough coverage from a Champions League-focused Spurs side, and it feels oh so good to look at my team and see Sterling sitting there ready to wreak havoc.
Now considering losing Eriksen for Sterling also. Can only do so by choosing Ings as my Deeney -4 replacement, plus keeping triple Brighton at the back. Still a good idea?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

The Toon Man wrote: 19 Apr 2019, 06:32
Pirlo's Beard wrote: 19 Apr 2019, 00:35 Eriksen :arrow: Sterling

Now considering losing Eriksen for Sterling also. Can only do so by choosing Ings as my Deeney -4 replacement, plus keeping triple Brighton at the back. Still a good idea?
I am keeping Eriksen fwiw. Deal with Deeney and one bha defender before considering hits for Sterling.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Oxford NZ wrote: 19 Apr 2019, 06:38
The Toon Man wrote: 19 Apr 2019, 06:32
Pirlo's Beard wrote: 19 Apr 2019, 00:35 I am keeping Eriksen fwiw. Deal with Deeney and one bha defender before considering hits for Sterling.
Yeah I’d much rather Wilson to Ings. Can also get a Wolves defender in for Dunk that way as I have 2.0 ITB. Doherty?

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

Is Kane out for the season? Really like the look of Llorente, especially as they seem to have injuries in midfield too.

ChrisD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ChrisD »

This is what Pochettino said in the last couple of days:

‘Still we cannot say nothing,' he said. 'We are going to assess him day-by-day, we'll see.

'We're not optimistic but you know Harry Kane and with Harry Kane all is possible.’

I have no idea what this means. But with only 3 weeks of the league season left it would need to be a quick recovery!

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

The Toon Man wrote: 19 Apr 2019, 07:25 Yeah I’d much rather Wilson to Ings. Can also get a Wolves defender in for Dunk that way as I have 2.0 ITB. Doherty?
I also have Doc due to accrued value and the gw double. After this week I have more fires to put out so he stays for the season. 2.0 itb is good and should be spent at this time of the season.

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

snout wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 19:57 Ryan :arrow: Foster

I decided WTH, stick with Duffy. If he gets a goal or two this week...
Yeah I'm happy to give Duffy another DGW. But thinking this could be good for this week and the rest of the season.

Ryan :arrow: Gunn

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

any news on Deulofeu? anyone read something on Watford forum etc.?

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:Eriksen :arrow: Sterling

Lukaku was a somewhat dunderheaded pick to begin with. United haven't been playing well and Solskjær seems happy to shunt Lukaku out to the right wing and sub him off early. Jiménez was always coming in for me this week but it was originally planned to be for Murray, who gets a stay of execution. He can sit on my unboosted bench for a week along with Ryan and Duffy, where they can think about what they've done.
I'm surprised you brought in Lukaku, you were pretty clear in your view of Man Utd. Probably a case where you'd have been better off following your gut and ignoring the Internet.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”