To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

WC34 Triple Captain 35 (Deadline FRI 7pm BST)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
johnjoe107
Treebeard
FS Record: Never been outside the top 3

WC34 Triple Captain 35 (Deadline FRI 7pm BST)

Post by johnjoe107 »

Seems there is a lot of people using their BB IN GW35 but I really think Kane as triple captain is far more appealing.

He could get a goal or and assist against City but I expect him to score big against Brighton.

I'm predicting 70-80 points which is far more than any of my subs would get if I used my BB.

Anyone else on the same wavelength?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Re: WC34 Triple Captain 35

Post by Sutter Kane »

I am, but not thinking about TC'ng Kane at the moment. I think Jimenez has the better fixtures and if I think Aguero/Sterling plays both, he'll be my TC.

johnjoe107
Treebeard

Post by johnjoe107 »

Sutter Kane wrote:I am, but not thinking about TC'ng Kane at the moment. I think Jimenez has the better fixtures and if I think Aguero/Sterling plays both, he'll be my TC.
City have Spurs & Utd, very tough fixtures. Jimenez is my second choice behind Kane.

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

70-80 points means ~25 for the week. Even assuming he gets a goal at City and plays 180 minutes that requires a hattrick + the 3Bps you would assume he gets to get close to that.

Also the 70-80 isn't what you are comparing against, I'll be bench boosting and captaining Kane so 1xKane would need to beat my bench to make the TC the better option. Possible of course but the BB is the safer option.

johnjoe107
Treebeard

Post by johnjoe107 »

David Luiz Is A Hero wrote:70-80 points means ~25 for the week. Even assuming he gets a goal at City and plays 180 minutes that requires a hattrick + the 3Bps you would assume he gets to get close to that.

Also the 70-80 isn't what you are comparing against, I'll be bench boosting and captaining Kane so 1xKane would need to beat my bench to make the TC the better option. Possible of course but the BB is the safer option.
My fear not using the triple captain on Kane is my closest rival using his on Aguero or Sterling and they outscore my BB by a big margin.

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

Bare minimum you should expect from the BB imo is 12 appearance points (2+1) as finding people guaranteed to start both is tricky. Not unreasonable to expect at least one return as well from that which is 15 minimum but could easily be 20+ with more appearance points and bps. That is is a lot of points for a triple captain to make up, Aguero's massive haul in GW27 ( :evil: ) was 19, highest GW of the season is Deulofeu with 23.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Yes but you have to factor in the players involved in the BB. I don't like any of them mentioned to date unless you have a ridiculous amount of money benched most weeks. The likes of Duffy could get 2 points max over the two games. Whereas if you look at GW36, BBoost looks so much better fixture wise.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Sutter Kane wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 17:37 Yes but you have to factor in the players involved in the BB. I don't like any of them mentioned to date unless you have a ridiculous amount of money benched most weeks. The likes of Duffy could get 2 points max over the two games. Whereas if you look at GW36, BBoost looks so much better fixture wise.
Of course it depends which players you pick, but for those that interest me, I agree with GW36BB

icefish
Treebeard

Post by icefish »

Here is what I´m thinking.

Ryan - Foster

Doherty - Dunk - Duffy - Valery - VVD/Laporte

Camarasa - Ward-Prowse - Mane - Son - Eriksen

Jimenez - Kane - Deeney (Vardy gw 34)

This allows me to triple up on the Brighton defence for their enticing dgw 34 and I will then bench all of them for dgw 35 which I don´t fancy for them and then bench boost in gw 36.

I will downgrade Vardy for Deeney in 35 and this allows me to get Salah for gw 36 should I feel I need him.

So gw 34 team:

Ryan
Dunk-Duffy-VVD/Laporte

Camarasa-Mane-Son-Eriksen

Vardy- Jimenez - Kane (c)

Gw 35 team:

Foster:
Doherty-Valery-VVD/Laporte

Ward-Prowse - Mane - Son - Eriksen

Kane - Deeney - Jimenez

Triple captain either Jimenez or Kane.

Gw 36 bench boost with Salah in for Eriksen/Son probably.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Looks good Icefish

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Kane could be done for the season now i reckon the way he was helped down that tunnel

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Sigh. Kane gone.

Ryan/Gunn
Laporte/TAA/Doherty/Duffy/Valery
Salah/Eriksen/Son/Alli/Hudson-Odoi
Lukaku/Jimenez/Murray

Murray > Deeney in GW35. Triple Captain Jimenez in 35.

Alli > Mane in 36.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Sutter Kane wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 17:37 Yes but you have to factor in the players involved in the BB. I don't like any of them mentioned to date unless you have a ridiculous amount of money benched most weeks. The likes of Duffy could get 2 points max over the two games. Whereas if you look at GW36, BBoost looks so much better fixture wise.

Are you sure? The fixtures look more appealing, but the rotation risk remains. When you play BB in a DGW, your chances are statistically higher, above all when you have a team set up, where almost all players have two games.

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

Lucky wrote: 10 Apr 2019, 15:10
When you play BB in a DGW, your chances are statistically higher, above all when you have a team set up, where almost all players have two games.
In normal circumstances yes but it's not the same this season.

Most teams are holding 2/3 Liverpool players, that leaves 13/12 DGW spots, depending on how many Liverpool players you are holding you will be gaining 1 or 2 DGW players on your BB this season.

So you're not getting 4 players on your bench playing twice, you're getting 1 or 2 because most are having 2 or 3 single Liverpool players.

That means you have a choice to make, 2 attempts at a TC in a DGW or 1 or 2 extra DGW players (probably cheap bench fodder) on your BB.

Unless you sell your 3 Liverpool assets, it really makes little difference if you play your BB in a single or double this season because you won't have 15 players playing twice, you'll have 12 DGW players & 3 Liverpool players, if you assume you put your 3 single assets on your bench, that leaves 1 DGW spot (1 extra game) V 2 TC

johnjoe107
Treebeard

Post by johnjoe107 »

OldSkoolFPL wrote:
When you play BB in a DGW, your chances are statistically higher, above all when you have a team set up, where almost all players have two games.
In normal circumstances yes but it's not the same this season.

Most teams are holding 2/3 Liverpool players, that leaves 13/12 DGW spots, depending on how many Liverpool players you are holding you will be gaining 1 or 2 DGW players on your BB this season.

So you're not getting 4 players on your bench playing twice, you're getting 1 or 2 because most are having 2 or 3 single Liverpool players.

That means you have a choice to make, 2 attempts at a TC in a DGW or 1 or 2 extra DGW players (probably cheap bench fodder) on your BB.

Unless you sell your 3 Liverpool assets, it really makes little difference if you play your BB in a single or double this season because you won't have 15 players playing twice, you'll have 12 DGW players & 3 Liverpool players, if you assume you put your 3 single assets on your bench, that leaves 1 DGW spot (1 extra game) V 2 TC
Spot on. Only way BB works if you have 15 players eligible for both games. I'm going with a full 15 and bringing back Mane for GW36.

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

The Liverpool players would not be considered bench players though even with a fixture less. When assessing a bench boost it is the fixtures of your four cheap bench assets that are considered.

Also, when comparing bench boost versus triple captain for 35 the consideration is bench boost (presumably of all doublers if they manage two games) and single game triple captain (one more set of captain points) versus bench boost of single game players and a (hopefully) double game triple captain (again, one more set of captain points). The point being if you have both chips left you have to compare them used as a duo rather than one versus the other in isolation.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Are you sure? The fixtures look more appealing, but the rotation risk remains. When you play BB in a DGW, your chances are statistically higher, above all when you have a team set up, where almost all players have two games.
There are other advantages. Getting Camarasa as bench fodder but just playing him in the select ones you need to. No-one really who is BB35 will have Camarasa because you can't really BB him in GW35. So my XI in GWs 36, 37 and 38 'should' imo be better as it will have more money in it rather than on a benched Jota for eg, transfers aside. (and in gw34 probably too) [mentioning transfers, I'd like to have 2 for GW36)

With regards rotation risk, I think you have to pinpoint which players exactly are rotation risks. For e.g., I can't see Duffy/Dunk ever being rested. Or Camarasa. Well the chance is negligible.

I suppose if you look at what a particular player would average over 2 games vs 1 game, it's difficult for the 1 game to come out on top. But Duffy at Wolves then Spurs vs home to Newcastle in gw36. That's close. Same with Dunk obviously. I just don't think there's a lot in it. So it comes down to TC comparison.

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

That's not strictly true, the purpose of the BB (according to many who speak about it on various sites) is to have 15 players playing twice or why are you saving it for a double?

It's to maximise all 15 spots so you have a 30 game week.

If you chose to put your Liverpool players in the first 11 you're not really being true to yourself with regards to what you get from the chip.

Whichever way you dress it up, your bench in a DGWBB is 4 extra players playing twice so 8 extra games in a DGW with 15 double players.

If you have 3 single players you are not maximising the chip in a double, it makes little or no difference if you play it in a single or a double.

I'm keeping 3 Liverpool players, in my BB I hope to have 27 games (12 doubles + 3 singles) + 2 triple captains

Someone with 15 double players will have 30 games & only 1 triple captain.

So that's 3 less games for me over someone with 15 double players (more than likely some unreliable assets like Dunk & JWP) but I have 1 extra triple captain from Aguero, Sterling etc

I'd rather take my chances with an extra TC and play the BB in a single.

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

That was to Pulpy

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

Whether we play single game or double game players in our first eleven GW35 is a decision independent of whether we bench boost. The only bearing of the first eleven on bench boost is that you want them all to play as the bench is already in play. In that regard the doubles for the first eleven should help.

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

Well sure, but the point of the BB chip is to unlock all 15 players for the week, while it's not really important where you place the players, if you have 3 Liverpool players on a single game in a DGW, that is still 3 of the 4 extra players you would gain if you played the BB in a single week so there's not much logic to playing it in a double over the TC if you dont fully commit to it, you're selling yourself short of using an extra TC.

3 single games in a DGW is the same as 3 single games in a SGW that you would gain by activating the chip.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

OldSkoolFPL wrote: 10 Apr 2019, 19:46the purpose of the BB (according to many who speak about it on various sites) is to have 15 players playing twice or why are you saving it for a double?

It's to maximise all 15 spots so you have a 30 game week.

If you chose to put your Liverpool players in the first 11 you're not really being true to yourself with regards to what you get from the chip.
This is a little unfair a caricature of the aims most people have of the BB in a DGW imho. The vast majority of managers on fantasy sites have a far more pragmatic (and sensible) approach in my experience, demonstrated precisely by the fact that Liverpool players are being considered so widely. :)

But, I do agree with you that if I had both BB and TC remaining I would be seriously considering TC35 BB36 as an alternative to BB35 TC36. I'd be looking at the two squads I'd end up going with in each scenario and comparing what I gain in each case. In that regard I think you make a good point, because the fact Liverpool players are SGW only and TC gets you an extra game in GW35, the difference between the two strategies is likely to be much smaller than might be imagined on the face of it. :D

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

For sure, I don't see there being much in it which is why I'm surprised so many are happy to forfeit the extra bite at the TC so they can force their BB in 35 with (popular bench teams) Brighton away to Wolves & Spurs or Southanpton away to Newcastle & Watford, none of those fixtures are appealing or offer much due to them being away, wind forward a week & Southampton are H to Bournemouth with Brighton home to Newcastle, as home teams those fixtures are far more appealing which opens up using the TC in a double, throw in Liverpool being at home to Hudds & it feels like the BB has more potential a week later.

Jiminez H to Brighton & Arsenal (who don't travel well)
Deeney A to Hudds & H to Southanpton
Aguero H to Spurs & A to United (he scores against both in the past)
Auba/Laca H to Palace & A to Wolves
Son A to City & H to Brighton

There are some good potential for the TC that will give you a boost if landed right, not sure that's worth forfeiting for some tricky games for the bench in 35.

The tunnel vision towards BB35 has really surprised me, even more so because so many are choosing to play Brighton in 34 (who have a bad 35 but good 36)that's not to say I won't BB in 35 but I'm just surprised the TC in 35 is not being considered by many.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Re: WC34 Triple Captain 35 (Deadline FRI 7pm BST)

Post by Smurphy Paw »

A higher proportion of players have already played their TC - 40% of top 1000. Only 9% have played the BB
Top 1000 is, I believe, a better proxy for FISO members than the overall statistics but prior TC usage is still high for active teams (39%)
However the maths comparison works out this may explain the relative levels of discussion

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Alternatively (and most likely), the majority of people with both chips left have in fact considered TC35 instead, but preferred BB35 on balance - the lack of obvious captain options being a biggest factor. So, I definitely wouldn't refer to it as 'tunnel vision' - nobody has a magnifying glass in to the minds of the majority of managers. :)

Anyways, bet of luck to all here, especially those few with Duffy (TC), which would be a thing of FPL legend in years to come if it works out - edit, though of course you probs won't be doing this next week :lol:. :mrgreen:

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

A friend of mine will be going for Jiménez TC next GW and imo he could easily get 15+.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Yeah I'll be going Jimenez I think - good chance of a goal and assist over the two matches. But there is the chance Man City get knocked out the CLeague and the likes of Sterling or Aguero play twice. I know it's a difficult double but it's Man City and if Liverpool overcome Chelsea tomorrow then they need to get minimum 4 points, probably 6.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”