To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW 33 Captaincy Poll

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Who is the best GW33 Captain?

Salah
20%
Mane
10%
Firmino
No votes
Robertson
1%
TAA
No votes
Aubemeyang
No votes
Lacazette
1%
Kolasinac
No votes
Fraser
No votes
Wilson
No votes
King
No votes
Brooks
No votes
Hazard
46%
Higuain
No votes
Azpilicueta
1%
Sigurdsson
No votes
Richarlison
No votes
Vardy
21%
Maddison
No votes
Tielemans
No votes
Chilwell
No votes
Pereira
No votes
H Barnes
No votes

Total votes: 97

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

GW 33 Captaincy Poll

Post by TheRumourMill »

GW33 Captaincy Poll

I see Mane, Salah, Vardy and Hazard as the main 4 options. Currently on Vardy myself but this is by no means set in stone. Interested to hear others opinions!

xJosh-
FISOhead

Re: GW 33 Captaincy Poll

Post by xJosh- »

Hazard (C) Mane (VC). Actually feel like SOU Away will be tough for Liverpool but they'll get the result. West Ham conceded 3 to Huddersfield & are shocking even with Fabianski making loads of saves. I am struggling to find Hazards stats vs West Ham but from memory I think they're good enough to captain him.

Would be a much tougher decision if I had Vardy.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Hazard (c) / Salah (vc). Or vice versa.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

At least half of them are never going to be captained and another 25% will be a punt from a desperate owner

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Hazard

Fuzz
FISOhead
FS Record: 579th in FPL 2014/15

Post by Fuzz »

Currently on Hazard (c), Salah (vc)

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

Vardy (c), Mane (vc).

I'm now second in my ML but still 80 points behind the leader who's ranked 2k overall. He doesn't have Vardy and has 3 Leicester already so it's an easy choice.

I'm actually tempted to triple captain as a make or break, the other option is Mane GW36 vs Huddersfield (ML leader will TC Salah that week I'm sure) - but who knows on Mane's form by then and the leader will no doubt have him in his squad so take 1/3 of my TC points.

Any thoughts on those two options?
Last edited by IceCreamFirm on 04 Apr 2019, 13:23, edited 2 times in total.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

Zimmerman wrote: 04 Apr 2019, 13:22 Mane is at Southampton (Vardy is at Huddersfield).
Sorry I meant Mane in a few weeks vs Huddersfield, will edit.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Sorry... I worked out what you meant after hitting submit (but not before you replied) 😀

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Suppose the risk you carry keeping hold of the TC...

Depending on the title race and/or CL involvement your good planning might go out the window.

On the plus side - Liverpool v Huddersfield is on the Friday night. So might not need rotation from Klopp. Still think if the title race is looking lost then the prize assets could face some rests.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

TheRumourMill wrote: 04 Apr 2019, 11:38 GW33 Captaincy Poll
That's a very long poll you have there, TRM. Some people won't be happy with the amount of light scrolling it involves. :wink:

Currently have it on Hazard but a couple of things are giving me pause. Chelsea are away in Prague just three days after playing West Ham. Will that affect Hazard's minutes at all?

The other thing I worry about is the return of players who didn't feature against Brighton. Now, I didn't see the Brighton game, so take this with a pinch of salt, but it seems to me that Chelsea were better in that game because Sarri dropped the likes of Higuaín and Kovačić, instead playing Giroud (who links well with Hazard) and Loftus-Cheek (who is a much more forward-thinking, risk-taking midfielder than Kovačić, as evidenced by him scoring 5 goals this season from just 2 starts and 16 sub appearances). I worry that a return to a more traditional Sarri line-up might see the return of slow, sideways Chelsea.

Having said that, West Ham are utter gash. A Chelsea team featuring Winston Bogarde and the ghost of Peter Osgood could probably beat them.

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 04 Apr 2019, 14:48
TheRumourMill wrote: 04 Apr 2019, 11:38 GW33 Captaincy Poll
That's a very long poll you have there, TRM. Some people won't be happy with the amount of light scrolling it involves. :wink:

Currently have it on Hazard but a couple of things are giving me pause. Chelsea are away in Prague just three days after playing West Ham. Will that affect Hazard's minutes at all?

The other thing I worry about is the return of players who didn't feature against Brighton. Now, I didn't see the Brighton game, so take this with a pinch of salt, but it seems to me that Chelsea were better in that game because Sarri dropped the likes of Higuaín and Kovačić, instead playing Giroud (who links well with Hazard) and Loftus-Cheek (who is a much more forward-thinking, risk-taking midfielder than Kovačić, as evidenced by him scoring 5 goals this season from just 2 starts and 16 sub appearances). I worry that a return to a more traditional Sarri line-up might see the return of slow, sideways Chelsea.

Having said that, West Ham are utter gash. A Chelsea team featuring Winston Bogarde and the ghost of Peter Osgood could probably beat them.
Ha! I'll be honest, its the first poll I've ever set up in here and panicked a bit when I saw you could have up to 25 options! :lol: Still, no one can complain that all bases are not covered lol.

I share your concerns over Hazard's gametime. Completely agree with your second point too. I said to some mates before the game that after seeing that lineup I was a lot more confident in Chelsea's ability to win the match, so it proved. Chelsea are a complete unknown quantity from week to week. Within 3 days they went from one of the worst performances of the season and open mutiny in the stands to their best performance in weeks, possibly months. Makes them incredibly unpredictable, which is the bane of an FPL manager.

I think Higuain's legs have gone. Every season since his peak goalscoring season of 2015-16 he has lost a third of his previous season's goal output. If you filter by season on understat you can see he isn't getting into the box as much these days, I don't think he can keep up with play. Has to rely on low percentage potshots from distance now. Not what I want for 9.5m.

West Ham are utter gash. Any chance they raise themselves for a London Derby or are they in full on beach mode now?

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Hazard (c)
Salah (vc)

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Zimmerman wrote: 04 Apr 2019, 12:18 At least half of them are never going to be captained and another 25% will be a punt from a desperate owner
so you're telling me you're not considering captaining Brooks?

pokeface
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pokeface »

Hazard (c) Vardy or Salah (vc) at the moment. What was the reason Hazard didn’t start against Cardiff? 🤔

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Hazard or Vardy.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Switching between Hazard and Vardy- I like Hazards odds slightly more, I'm sure Vardy will pinch one, but Hazard + an assist + 3BPS would be grand.

I am wary of WHU and London derbies, however.

(C)Haz
(VC)Vardy

For now!

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

On (C) Mane and vc Rondon atm

Only playing 10 so far is it worth a hit to get Hazard for Sterling and reverse the move next week?

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

bought Vardy in this week and Captained him.

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

Salah (c) Vardy (vc) for me this week. I can't choose Hazard without knowing what team Chelsea will put out even despite how poor West Ham have been of late.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Vardy (c) Hazard (vc)

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

Zimmerman wrote: 04 Apr 2019, 13:25 Suppose the risk you carry keeping hold of the TC...

Depending on the title race and/or CL involvement your good planning might go out the window.

On the plus side - Liverpool v Huddersfield is on the Friday night. So might not need rotation from Klopp. Still think if the title race is looking lost then the prize assets could face some rests.
Triple captain Vardy currently locked in.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Vardy (c), Mane (vc)

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Hazard (C)
Auba (VC)

Vardy and Mane also contenders, though.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Hazard. Lost faith in Salah

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Hazard here too I reckon. Salah vice. I don't trust Hazard by any means, but Southampton at home are far more stubborn (with their 3atb) than West Ham are away.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Not convinced Hazard will start after Sarri’s comments.

Salah (c) Hazard (vc)

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

Hazard(c) Mane(vc).

I've got Salah but completely lost faith in him and he's out on his ear come 7:30pm tonight.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

The Toon Man wrote: 05 Apr 2019, 14:08 Not convinced Hazard will start after Sarri’s comments.

Salah (c) Hazard (vc)
Were there any more specific comments, a quick check at twitter and the Chelsea site said he will keep changing the team due to the amount of games they are playing.

I'd have thought he'd prioritize the West Ham so Hazard more likely to play that but would be interested to see what any Chelsea fans think. I have Higuian and was considering losing him to fund bringing in Hazard this week.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”