To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FH GW33

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
mandoncare
Treebeard

FH GW33

Post by mandoncare »

Anyone else taking the oddish route of free hitting this week? Let’s get the party started

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Re: FH GW33

Post by ajcairns »

I'm in!

Skipped FH31, TC'd in 32 so here I am.

arutha6
FS Record: 2nd in TFF

Post by arutha6 »

ajcairns wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 10:02 I'm in!

Skipped FH31, TC'd in 32 so here I am.
i've done the same - now to find a decent xi
Kepa
luiz, ake, morgan, clyne
salah, mane, hazzard
lacazette wilson vardy

something like that?

mandoncare
Treebeard

Post by mandoncare »

Same here. TC on Kun. Could be worse but shame after it started so well.

I’m in chase mode so will be loading up on Arsenal players for variance. Most that played the FH in GW32 or even GW31 will be lacking gooners so chance to make some make up ground. Still need to settle down and see what an actual team could look like.

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ajcairns »

Quite like WIlson Vardy Higuain as a front line and whilst some non FHers will have one or two of them, not many will have all three.
Same with Mane, Salah and Hazard in the midfield (at the moment).

It's probably worth mentioning it's WC34, BB35 for me too.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

FH also is Salah a necessity still watching him play he looks awful,

Also wondering which Arsenal players to bring in thinking of both of them but then again Everton really playing good all of a sudden

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

fred1266 wrote:FH also is Salah a necessity still watching him play he looks awful,

Also wondering which Arsenal players to bring in thinking of both of them but then again Everton really playing good all of a sudden
Punctuation, man. Please. Image

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

ajcairns wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 15:28 Quite like WIlson Vardy Higuain as a front line and whilst some non FHers will have one or two of them, not many will have all three.

Id rather have no striker than Higuain, he has been pants for Chelsea.
Id not be surpised if he is dropped for Giroud soon or he puts Hazard back upfront and give CHO some game time

Hornet boy
Treebeard
FS Record: Distinctly average!

Post by Hornet boy »

I'm also on FH. Current very early draft is:

Dubravka

Robertson
Luiz
TAA

Tielemans
Mane
Hazard
Maddison

Vardy
Higuain
Lacazette

(Boruc) will probably swap for another GK
(Lejeune)
(Daniels)
(McNeil)

3.6m in the bank so there will be an upgrade or two somewhere. Maddison possibly to come out but I'm not removing him until I'm sure as I've got a little value in him.

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ajcairns »

This is the week the trolls pay out. FH33 rewards...

huwdo
FISOhead

Post by huwdo »

Early draft:

Schmeichel (Speroni)
Luiz / Chilwell/ AWB (Daniels/Connolly)
Salah / Mane (C) / Sigurdsson / Ramsey (CHO)
Firmino / Lacazette / Vardy

Although tempted by Rondon up front. Also, Everton have been reasonable at home since the Man City match so was considering Coleman or Digne...

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Are people picking Laccazette over Aubmeyang based on him being benched tonight ?

Any Arsenal fans on here care to shed some light on who is a concrete starter for Arsenal in attack, as i wanted to bring in Aub and mkhit and bith were benched tonight.

Would Lac and ramsey be a better option ?

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

Good luck with FH33, I’m only fielding 9 players and expect to get about 40-45 pts.

I think if you can get more than 55 even with an FH in GW33 then you have done well. Just not a lot of points out there in GW33.

I would rather FH in GW35 if I still had the chip where I might expect an FH team to get 120-130pts and the FPL average to be about 80.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Stevieste wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 22:54 Are people picking Laccazette over Aubmeyang based on him being benched tonight ?

Any Arsenal fans on here care to shed some light on who is a concrete starter for Arsenal in attack, as i wanted to bring in Aub and mkhit and bith were benched tonight.

Would Lac and ramsey be a better option ?
Auba had a temperature so wasn't quite fit. Team news later in the week should hopefully reveal that Auba likely to start. But then Laca on good form and even more likely to start I think. Mcky is a dodgy one - always.

mandoncare
Treebeard

Post by mandoncare »

Stu255 wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 00:14 Good luck with FH33, I’m only fielding 9 players and expect to get about 40-45 pts.

I think if you can get more than 55 even with an FH in GW33 then you have done well. Just not a lot of points out there in GW33.

I would rather FH in GW35 if I still had the chip where I might expect an FH team to get 120-130pts and the FPL average to be about 80.
To be honest the more I look at it, the more of a minefield GW33 looks like. Hard to find many Arsenal players that have been playing regularly recently as well and they are my main incentive for doing it now. But I only have 7 (including Boruc) players right now and no Liverpool, Arsenal or Bournemouth. No Vardy either. So the FH kinda has to be played this week. I have a good team for GW34 and WC for GW35 so should be fine for those.

I have considered WC33 and FH34 or FH35 but doesn't really work well as far as I can see.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

If Ramsey is injured does this help Emery move to playing both strikers anyway?

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Zimmerman wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 10:58 If Ramsey is injured does this help Emery move to playing both strikers anyway?
Think he said it was just cramp he had, so he prob be back for next game.
Picking Arsenal players is tough as this guy just rotates so much

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

I think if I was on a FH I'd be looking at:

3x Liverpool
2x Bournemouth
3x Leicester
2x Chelsea
1x Arsenal

More specifically, TAA, Robertson and Mane from Liverpool, they appear to be the 3 in form assets. Wilson and Fraser from Bournemouth, although King and Brooks are also good options. Vardy, Maddison and Pereira/Chilwell from Leicester, Hazard and Azpilicueta from Chelsea, and Kolasinac from Arsenal.

Higuain just isn't good enough, his goal output has dropped year on year since 2015/16, his legs have gone, basically. He can't keep up with play and break in behind defences, and Chelsea's malaise doesn't help him either. I see Hazard and Azpi as a better route to points basically, and more nailed on. I think a couple of Chelsea players makes sense as West Ham have switched off now, although they may raise themselves a bit for a London derby. Arsenal just seem a rotation minefield at the moment, so you may as well go for the cheapest decent asset they have on that basis. Kola has multiple routes to points aswell, although Arsenal are a lot worse away from home than at the emirates.

I'd be careful of rotation too for Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal, with them all having european matches the following midweek. Therefore keep a close ear to the press conferences. Its not too bad for Liverpool and Arsenal as they have 3 rest days between GW33 and their matches against Porto and Napoli respectively, but Chelsea only have 2 days rest, and they are coming into GW33 off the back of 2 matches in a week rather than 1. That, and their poor form and sense of mutiny at the club, sways me towards only picking 2 assets or fewer from them. I think Hazard is an important shield pick due to his ownership levels, but you could arguably just go with him.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

ajcairns wrote:Quite like WIlson Vardy Higuain as a front line and whilst some non FHers will have one or two of them, not many will have all three.

I'm not on a free hit, I have 13 players this weekend including that front line plus Mane Robertson Salah.

All it took was planning

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

mandoncare
Treebeard

Post by mandoncare »

TheRumourMill wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 12:10 I think if I was on a FH I'd be looking at:

3x Liverpool
2x Bournemouth
3x Leicester
2x Chelsea
1x Arsenal

More specifically, TAA, Robertson and Mane from Liverpool, they appear to be the 3 in form assets. Wilson and Fraser from Bournemouth, although King and Brooks are also good options. Vardy, Maddison and Pereira/Chilwell from Leicester, Hazard and Azpilicueta from Chelsea, and Kolasinac from Arsenal.

Higuain just isn't good enough, his goal output has dropped year on year since 2015/16, his legs have gone, basically. He can't keep up with play and break in behind defences, and Chelsea's malaise doesn't help him either. I see Hazard and Azpi as a better route to points basically, and more nailed on. I think a couple of Chelsea players makes sense as West Ham have switched off now, although they may raise themselves a bit for a London derby. Arsenal just seem a rotation minefield at the moment, so you may as well go for the cheapest decent asset they have on that basis. Kola has multiple routes to points aswell, although Arsenal are a lot worse away from home than at the emirates.

I'd be careful of rotation too for Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal, with them all having european matches the following midweek. Therefore keep a close ear to the press conferences. Its not too bad for Liverpool and Arsenal as they have 3 rest days between GW33 and their matches against Porto and Napoli respectively, but Chelsea only have 2 days rest, and they are coming into GW33 off the back of 2 matches in a week rather than 1. That, and their poor form and sense of mutiny at the club, sways me towards only picking 2 assets or fewer from them. I think Hazard is an important shield pick due to his ownership levels, but you could arguably just go with him.
Lots of good points here. Thanks. I’m tempted to go Salah instead of Mane though. In chase mode like I said earlier and he should be up for it with Bertrand calling him out too.

You’d hope Hazard will start after getting benched against Cardiff. If Chelsea keep winning they have to continue taking the league seriously. Hazard & Azpi should do but if Higiuan shows any atom of form tomorrow I’ll be gambling on him too. 3 Leicester and 2 Bournemouth makes a lot of sense but I’d really like to have more than 1 gooner if I can find.

mandoncare
Treebeard

Post by mandoncare »

Billy Bongo wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 13:10
ajcairns wrote:Quite like WIlson Vardy Higuain as a front line and whilst some non FHers will have one or two of them, not many will have all three.

I'm not on a free hit, I have 13 players this weekend including that front line plus Mane Robertson Salah.

All it took was planning

Lol bravo

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ajcairns »

Billy Bongo wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 13:10

All it took was planning

"not many"
not "any"

If your fpl button worked it would be nice to see how the planning took place through your previous GWs.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

I use Tapatalk so no idea how to make the link thing work

Team id 1819 if you are that bored you wanna take a look. I play for leagues couldn't care less about rank so strategy will look odd for rank whores

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Billy Bongo wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 19:09 Team id 1819 if you are that bored you wanna take a look.
I love how you put Christmas Island as your location to try and win a country's league and you're only 57th. :lol: I guess a lot of other non-Christmas Islanders had the same idea as you. :wink:

That or Christmas Island is secretly an FPL hotbed. :lol:

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Started off as a twitter joke , there are thousands in christmas island I think

mandoncare
Treebeard

Post by mandoncare »

First Draft:

Kepa
Pereira TAA Kolasinac
Salah Mane Hazard McNeil
Auba Vardy Wilson

Subs: Hamer, WanB, Puncheon Suttner

Would like to have Fraser in there somehow. Also trying to convince myself of an Ozil gamble (everyone and their dog have Mane now).

mandoncare
Treebeard

Post by mandoncare »

Close to settling on this now:

Kepa
Chilwell TAA Kolasinac
Salah Mane Hazard Fraser
Laca Vardy King

Subs: Hamer, WanB, Hudson-Odoi, Suttner

0.0 ITB

Salah (C), Hazard (VC) or vice versa

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

I am probably going to join y'all! Had thought of using my FH somewhere in 36-38 but I should actually be fine with my wildcard team of 34. Tinkering starts tonight.

mandoncare
Treebeard

Post by mandoncare »

From4corners wrote: 04 Apr 2019, 16:46 I am probably going to join y'all! Had thought of using my FH somewhere in 36-38 but I should actually be fine with my wildcard team of 34. Tinkering starts tonight.
Welcome to the club F4c. Just had a look at your team and can see why it’s a tough decision to FH33. You have enough that it’s not quite necessary to FH this week but I’d prob do it now if I were you. Gains to be made fingers crossed. Been a tough few weeks for you. Hang in there and post your team if/when you cook up some freehit sauce

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

First thoughts:

Kepa

Azpi, Robertson, Pereira

Mane, Siggy, Hazard, Fraser

Wilson, FIrmino, Vardy

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”