To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFF Championship 2018/19

A forum for discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Games for the Football League (the Championship, League 1 & League 2)
Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Re: TFF Championship 2018/19

Post by Jezza3 »

The trouble is one is unlikely to hit the correct “different player” each time and if the top 5 have about 10 - 12 left in excess of 20 would be needed to make up the ground even if lucky with transfers. Still think block defence change gamble if the correct 3 - 1 comes up is the best chance for the chasers and even that a really long shot.

Rickymillington
Wideboy
FS Record: Won sun dream team euro 2016. 4th finish sun dream team

Post by Rickymillington »

You won't catch up 10 points per week with different players who's going to outscore likes off mupauy. Roofe. Abraham. Ect. All teams at top have best players. As for changing block defence it never works out I should no Iv changed 3 my top Middlesbrough teams and all ended up worst off. It will come down to transfers left. Bit off luck and knowledge no team below 6th will win. My prediction is milkey Joe first. And my team Middlesbrough 3 will come 2nd

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

Block defence change will not work out long term as midd obviously the best defence but for a brief short term run it certainly could make inroads if very lucky. For example a 3 for 0 over middlesborough if the team had a three game clean sheet could gain 105 pts Unlikely I know but if one has transfers in hand to then go back to midd or on to a new block it is certainly possible (but I agree very unlikely). I predict you win though Ricky but suspect the top 20 on the leaderboard may be a lot closer at the end than it is now

Rickymillington
Wideboy

It sounds good but never happens from my experience. The week or 2 before league season finishes could work if you pick a play-off team. Like fulham last season. Ha thanks hope your prediction comes true 🤞

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Grabban is absolutely useless - how many penalties has he missed this season now?! The arrogant fool :roll:

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

I think he needs a sighter penalty early on to find his range, he only scores when he's already missed one earlier in the game. I think he's lost the duties now so that should save you a few minus points.

I'm surprised there's so little variety among forwards on the leaderboard. Looking at the recent updates it seems virtually everyone has Pukki and Abraham and virtually nobody has Adams, Sharpe etc.

Rickymillington
Wideboy

I brought Sharp in midweek week with Gayle being banned. Then he was sub for banker game v reading 😂 milkey Joe you must changed your Boro block judging by latest updates. I can't see that working out this early seems a mistake to me

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

He who dares......

I did the same thing last season with Sharp. I brought him in for a good run of games, think it was around Christmas, only for him to be left on the bench for half of them. Nice to see Sheff Utd being fired to promotion with a couple of players up front deemed not good enough by Forest :roll:

Rickymillington
Wideboy

I can't keep up with your team milkey Joe I'm sure you switched few defenders from boro to sheff utd then back Boro. And getting 6 points from villa v birmingham game with no goal scored I think, so I'm guessing you brought a villa midfielder in along with Adams unless I'm totally wrong. Iv had no luck for weeks! injury after injury, own goals, 2 red cards. Need my luck to change asap or I'm out of it!

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

I 'd lost faith in Rodriquez and West Brom generally, so had planned a swap to Adams but then when they sacked Moore it screwed things up a bit. I was in two minds but did it anyway, wishing I'd just stuck with him until the international break now. I've had one Sheff Utd defender for a while, as you knew, and brought in a second a few weeks ago when Roofe got injured. I'll keep any other changes to myself, give you something to work on ;)

I had a really bad run of injuries a few months ago, but other than Flint and Roofe, who everyone had, it's not been too bad since. There's still a lot of points to play for. I'd say anyone within around 100 points of the top is still in it. I'm not ruling out my two teams lurking just off the top 20 yet. Hopefully Jones is running low on transfers......

Rickymillington
Wideboy

Adams is on fire though I wish I broght him in. Instead of Sharp. It was Adams Bowen or Sharp. And I picked Sharp I'd of had 30 more points if I'd of picked any the other 2. Did you follow mike jones team at top. I'm certain he brought 2 derby def in them swapped them for 2 norwich Def then swapped them also. Looked a waste of 6 transfers to me that should surly took his transfers down at this stage of the season

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

That's just unlucky with Sharp really, and you know if you take him out he'll immediately start scoring again. I did a similar thing early on when I went for Adams over Abraham in a 50/50 call just because of the way the fixtures were and missed out on his four goals against Forest. Then I ended up bringing Abraham in a couple of weeks later anyway. Adams owes me a few goals for that....

I've not followed Mike Jones as closely as you but whenever there's a day with only one or two games he always seems to pick up a few points. You sure about the Derby and Norwich defenders?! It'd be a very strange move. I'll start taking more notice of the other teams when we get nearer the end.

Just checked the update from tonight to find after chasing you down for weeks I've finally caught up only to see your Sheff Utd team fly past everyone :shock: :lol:

Rickymillington
Wideboy

Sharp is gone after tonight sub again, yeah he did as I new his team he got 4 extra points when derby played in midweek a few weeks ago derby let a goal in so he switched them straight out too 2 norwich def now there gone. I got the Abraham 4 goals and grabban 2 in that game it was my best night so far. But I missed out on almost all pukki big points so it evens itself out. I'm surprised my sheff utd top can't see that keeping up tbh but it's a nice alternative if they make the play-offs

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

Well, that was a terrible night.

Rickymillington
Wideboy

Ayala off again!! Looks like you brought jota in and not villa midfielder judging by your points tonight. Sorry don't mean to give your team away but I doubt anyone who reads this has a chance of winning

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

I suspect there are plenty of leaderboard lurkers on here. Don't worry though, Jota wil be gone again soon enough. I know that looks an odd one but I wanted rid of Wilson but wasn't really sure who to go with so, as Birmingham had 4 games to two for everyone else went Jota then on to someone decent, ideally Roofe back in, after the International break. Plus as I was going Adams it'd surely give me some points from one of them, but Birmingham chose that exact point to stop scoring. I should have abandoned the whole thing when Moore was sacked and just kept Rodriquez. Two transfers to end up three points worse off. What a shambles.

And Ayala's been fairly disastrous too Must be about 15 games ago I brought him in and Middlesbrough have had three clean sheets since and he was suspended for one of those. No idea what do about him now. I suppose Flint/Friend is the obvious one but I don't think I can face bringing a Middlesbrough defender in again. I've wasted so many transfers swapping them in and out and they don't even keep clean sheets any more. I don't even want to think how many more points I'd have if I'd just gone with Sheff Utd defenders every time......

Rickymillington
Wideboy

Jota was a surprise I'm surprised you dint swap him tonight when he was sub for a norwich midfielder as there fixtuers look excellent. If it's a 2 game ban I may leave ayala in as I need transfers for playoffs. Yeah sheff utd been on a roll but trip to Leeds next and Iv got sheff utd covered so I might go 3-4-3 if I swap ayala. At least mike jones has got ayala problem also

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

Two games I'd leave it but it was a straight red so, because it's his second suspension, I think it's a four game ban. Unless it gets appealed? I've not seen it but some people were saying it was very harsh. I think it'll have to be 343 for me too but no idea who.

I've looked at getting another Norwich attacking player in before but, apart from Pukki, there isn't really an obvious choice :?

Rickymillington
Wideboy

I watched Boro game it looked good tackle they dominated untill the red card Preston looked awful. Iv herd no news on ayala yet. Always hard to get injury news on championship players. The 2 norwich wingers look decent. There's not a lot of midfielders that stand out need roofe back asap.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

There's an appeal, decision today. Fingers crossed........

Rickymillington
Wideboy

It's a success no ban for ayala he's free to play tomorrow

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

Hmmm. Might have been a blessing in disguise if it'd failed :?

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Has Pulis gone yet?

Can't believe I put all my trust in this dinosaur expecting Boro cleansheets to continue until the end of the season :evil:

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

Once the clean sheets have dried up there's not a lot going for him is there? Assuming they don't go up I expect he'll leave at the end of the season, and with the form of Villa and Preston it's looking like they might not even make the top six. He'll probably end up at Forest, we'll be about due for the next one by then.....

I think it'd do me a favour if Boro fell away completely, then I could finally ditch them altogether. I've only really stuck with their defenders as everyone else has them and they looked nailed on for the play offs.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

The dinosaur is now down to 8th. Bristol City with a game in hand too. He'll finish about 10th.

Rickymillington
Wideboy

Hope so never thought I'd be cheering for boro to let goals in or finish outside the playoffs ...

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Pulis really has well and truly lost the plot. Baffling how such a solid defence in the first half of the season can turn into such a shambles.

Rickymillington
Wideboy

Last edited by Rickymillington on 11 Apr 2019, 05:07, edited 1 time in total.

Rickymillington
Wideboy

Ignore me I'm drunk Haha

Rickymillington
Wideboy

Last edited by Rickymillington on 11 Apr 2019, 05:06, edited 2 times in total.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Football League (Championship & Leagues 1 & 2)”