To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

THE CHAMPIONSHIP 2018-19

A forum for discussion on Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Re: THE CHAMPIONSHIP 2018-19

Post by bluenosey »

The game is irrelevant now. What a f prick. Jail him and let him rot. He's done untold damage to our club :twisted:

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

bluenosey wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 12:24 The game is irrelevant now. What a f prick. Jail him and let him rot. He's done untold damage to our club :twisted:

I've never seen anything like it. The bloke is in custody as we speak.

Maldini
Dumbledore

THE CHAMPIONSHIP 2018-19

Post by Maldini »

Complete coward.

Almost as concerning was the fact he seemed to be cheered off the pitch by a sizeable section of the Birmingham support.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Maldini wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 12:55 Complete coward.

Almost as concerning was the fact he seemed to be cheered off the pitch by a sizeable section of the Birmingham support.

The roar of appreciation and the cheering of the crowd was indeed sickening and no doubt would have happened if the situation had been reversed or at any other ground. It's just mindless. :(

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Great to see the lad score. Hope it’s the winner.

Maldini
Dumbledore

THE CHAMPIONSHIP 2018-19

Post by Maldini »

David Davis substituted.

Promised plenty but delivered nothing.

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

I really wouldn't want to be in his shoes. There's a lot of Blues folk really upset by whats happened. Someone will know him and he's brought total shame on the club.

My Dad was mortified when I told him. Now we'll be hated big time because of one idiot. I just feel cold about the whole thing.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

bluenosey wrote:

I really wouldn't want to be in his shoes. There's a lot of Blues folk really upset by whats happened. Someone will know him and he's brought total shame on the club.

My Dad was mortified when I told him. Now we'll be hated big time because of one idiot. I just feel cold about the whole thing.
Absolutely, what a prize idiot and blowing kisses as he was marched off to cheers won't go down too well either.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

One thing that should happen, an immediate measure, is the abandonment of the change in the rules over substitutions which has been agreed by football’s ruling making body, Ifab.

The plan is for players who are substituted to leave the pitch at the nearest goal-line or side-line and walk round the perimeter rather than heading for the technical area. That cannot be allowed to happen as, evidently, their safety cannot be guaranteed.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 78

Leeds haven’t done a league double over Reading since 27-28 season. That BBC stat did surprise me. We’ve had some weak results over the years.
Tonight we were invited to a Royal Feast.
Ayling served from the right, Bambi sold his dummy, then Klich Madejstically put it away. 15 minutes, 1-0
It was then time for a little more entertainment with the arrival of Pablo the Punisher. Quick to the sword he was. On 22 minutes, Ayling served from the centre, Pablo turned and struck his target off the post. Accuracy and awareness were key. 2-0.
Then 2 minutes before half time, a lay off from Bamford for Pablo to strike from 20 yards. The Reading diners were waving their arms blaming each other but they should have just applauded. First course over. It was too satisfying.
The appetite for the main course had dwindled.
Bamford was still excited though. No matter how many times he was in the right position to take a piece of the pie it seemed to evade him. I know he’s not happy with not eating them up but he had helped take two.
The guest’s were occasionally giving the Royals a treat but they ended up refusing them. Cassila even had to use his fingers a couple of times.
Overall a very enjoyable experience for the guests except when Ayling mis-behaved. It could have been so different if they’d have chucked him out.
Final score 0-3.

Other News

Jack Clarke was back for the U23’s on Monday night, to miss a penalty in a Bog standard 4-0 beating of Charlton. That ended the Addicks 5 match winning run. Leeds moved 8 points clear in the League 2 Northern table. Jack now has some competition from the 3rd Division Polish wonderkid for the 1st team bench. Bogusz is a 17 year old who played with maturity. Don’t be surprised to see him debut soon. Klich will be looking over his shoulder, in fact, he’s got to up his game for the Mateuz the Maestro title. I might be jumping the gun on this young lad but he does look good.
The U23’s have a home last 16 cup tie against Fulham on Thursday. It will be played at Guiseley. I always liked visiting there. I took my nephew there to see a FA Cup game, I think it was against Alfreton. A Guiseley forward scored a hat-trick. He walked in to bar after the game, sat next to us and bought us both a drink and had a chat. I was impressed. His name was Geoff Horsfield. Nice man that Geoff and a good club.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Forest v Villa, 1-1 after 7 minutes, is it happening again?

5-5, The Sequel...

theo29
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: previous user

Post by theo29 »

could it be Villa coming up on the rails for 5th or 6th spot. ? Forecasts for the top 6th finishing order invited.

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

I'd be more interested in predictions for the bottom 6! Guess Ipswich and Bolton are as good as gone but who do we think will be the loser in the race for 22nd - Wigan, Rotherham, Millwall or Reading?

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 79.

Earlier in the season when Leeds played Middlesbrough we all assumed it was The No1 Yorkshire Derby of the season.
We were wrong. This match is the number one.
Norwich will be looking at this weekend with a favourable outlook. No matter what the result and Norwich win, it gives them favour.
Pontus has gone in to overdrive. He sent out a tweet asking the fans to get there earlier and get the atmosphere going. I don’t think he has realised, he didn’t even have to say it. He’s wanting to lead the charge but lets hope it not the Light Brigade.
Sheffield United are on a mean run. They are giving nothing away. They are not conceding. Even being down to ten men for a large part of the match on Tuesday their mission was completed.
Marcelo didn’t even name his side at the press conference, a rare occasion recently. With the U23 game on Thursday going in to extra time some players played more than their usual 45 with a team of 10. The goalie, Harrison Male was sent off early in the 2nd Half. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bogusz on the bench in place of Izzy Brown. Brown did his usual impression of hanging around, yet scored again. Clarke set up the equaliser and this time scored from the spot in the penalty shoot out. The battle for the bench is hotting up.
Traditionally, this match has been on the limits of no entertainment, just points settled on the pitch. Occasionally they have a thriller.
Everybody is up for this game, the media is hyping it up, so that says it will end up being 0-0.
The early kick off could see at least one set of fans will have a long time to party.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

morganb wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 10:59 I'd be more interested in predictions for the bottom 6! Guess Ipswich and Bolton are as good as gone but who do we think will be the loser in the race for 22nd - Wigan, Rotherham, Millwall or Reading?
Ipswich and Bolton are down. Rotherham and Reading are picking up points more than usual. Millwall have at last stopped the rot. It's not looking good for Wigan and you can add to that QPR. From bottom up I'll say
Ipswich
Bolton
Wigan
QPR
Millwall
Rotherham.

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

jimmy ching wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 17:57
morganb wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 10:59 I'd be more interested in predictions for the bottom 6! Guess Ipswich and Bolton are as good as gone but who do we think will be the loser in the race for 22nd - Wigan, Rotherham, Millwall or Reading?
Ipswich and Bolton are down. Rotherham and Reading are picking up points more than usual. Millwall have at last stopped the rot. It's not looking good for Wigan and you can add to that QPR. From bottom up I'll say
Ipswich
Bolton
Wigan
QPR
Millwall
Rotherham.
That's interesting that you think QPR might get dragged into it (and you've missed Reading off the list!)

I think that there are a couple of teams on the up (Rotherham and injury-ravaged Reading) and some on the way down (Wigan, Millwall).

According to a Reading forum, we've got the hardest run-in based on various factors but I think the team spirit is good though the pass-it-about style is not necessarily suited to a relegation battle.

As for the top - I would expect Leeds and Norwich to go up automatically and Sheff Utd via the play-offs. Brom, Boro and Bristol to make up the other play-off places.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 80.

Ayling did a loose pass. Cooper followed suit. Casilla then kicked one in to touch. These were the best attacks the Blades had in the first 40 minutes.
The Whites were making chances. The best fell to Harrison, he sky-ed it though.
Baldock was brutal twice, resulting in one yellow.
Roberts had another chance, it was raining and it wasn’t goals.
Sheffield's first proper attack came in the 40th minute, the Leeds fans were happy to go in at 0-0.
Just before the hour, Harrison was subbed, Allioski moved up the wing and Douglas slotted in to left back. Leeds were looking the better team. It was now clear Sheffield were here for the draw.
10 minutes later it was rasham Basham time. It all went wrong. The Blades took their chance. Cooper struggled, was dispossessed, Basham was fed to drive past Casilla.
Straight after, Bielsa threw on Dallas and Clarke. All subs on.
It got worse Jansson was injured and told to stay on. He wasn’t happy. After a short time they realised if he was any use it was to play up front. Almost immediately he struck just wide.
Leeds kept up the pressure only to get caught on the break, were Casilla took one for the team and was sent off.
How crazy could it get? Yes, stick Pontus in goal. The game played out as the defences ruled this game. A superb result for the Blades as they take control of their own destiny. There were Wilder parties in the Steel City, last night.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

jimmy ching wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 17:57
Ipswich
Bolton
Wigan
QPR
Millwall
Rotherham.
Predicting anything other than mathematical certainties in this league is asking for hindsight to kick you in the face, the picture seems to change dramatically every week.

How on earth do you separate Leeds, Sheff United and Norwich?

Which of the three is going to have to take a chance on the play-offs?

At the moment you would possibly say Norwich will be one simply on the position right now, but even looking at the fixtures is difficult, teams at the bottom will be desperate for points, teams with nothing to play for hard to identify. I would think all three will go up, although the disappointment and negative effect of going into the playoffs after finishing a close third can't be underestimated.

I've really no idea on predicting the top three so its absolutely guesswork at this moment..

Norwich*
Sheff United *
Leeds *
WBA
Boro * (2)
Bristol City * (2)
(Villa, Derby) * (2)

* These three could be in any order and i wouldn't put a penny on them finishing as of now, Leeds could easily win it.

* (2) Two from four really, so close - even Preston not out of it.

At the bottom Ipswich and Bolton are as good as gone with Rotherham or Reading the other. (Rotherham probably for me), I think Millwall have enough to get clear.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

I suspect Leeds will fade away after Saturday’s result, with Norwich and Sheff Utd coasting to the top two spots (both likely to be well out of their depth in the PL though).

Fast-finishing Villa to win the play-offs, and with a bit of investment to have by far the best chance of staying up of the promoted clubs.

theo29
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: previous user

Post by theo29 »

it is certain that Huddersfield and 2 others will grace the Championship next season.They have amassed 14 points beating the Rams 11 from 2007/8. I have a feeling that Fearless Frank is about to have his purple patch and guide the Rams into the 3rd spot.Wonder what sort of odds I can get from bet365 on that ?

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

I know the play-offs provide excitement and keep interest alive for so many clubs, almost right until the very last game. However i can't help but feel a little sorry for whoever from the top three has to suffer the huge body blow and disappointment of going into the playoffs.

We know a very close third place doesn't make it and has to somehow pick itself off the floor quickly and somehow compete in a two legged knockout against a side, perhaps very much on the up, even if they could be twenty or more points behind. That has never sat right with me, such a minimal advantage for twenty points or more... but those are the rules, however unjust they can sometimes seem.

get_on_my_cocker
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Won many company leagues, and nearly won TFFO back in the day. Also managed Carra's team to success in Sky FF

Post by get_on_my_cocker »

I'm putting my money on Bolton finishing bottom, especially if the latest winding-up order is successful!

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

get_on_my_cocker wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 09:53 I'm putting my money on Bolton finishing bottom, especially if the latest winding-up order is successful!
Bolton won't face any points deduction this season with the winding up order adjourned until April. Tbh if they're going down anyway it may be highly advantageous to have it this season. (- if they survive that is)

get_on_my_cocker
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Won many company leagues, and nearly won TFFO back in the day. Also managed Carra's team to success in Sky FF

Post by get_on_my_cocker »

liquidfootball2 wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 17:24
get_on_my_cocker wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 09:53 I'm putting my money on Bolton finishing bottom, especially if the latest winding-up order is successful!
Bolton won't face any points deduction this season with the winding up order adjourned until April. Tbh if they're going down anyway it may be highly advantageous to have it this season. (- if they survive that is)
Yes, but I was thinking more that they could be in such a mess that they wouldn't win any more games, even if they went ahead (I understand a recent game was in doubt due to stewarding levels). If they couldn't fulfil their remaining fixtures, what would actually happen? All points teams gained from playing against Bolton would be taken away?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Yeah, records are generally expunged, though not sure how late in the season that can happen?

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Birmingham docked 9 points for overspending the three year limit and falling foul of the EFL's rules on FFP.

Apparently the wage bill rocketed around the time a certain Redknapp was in town. - didnt Harry sign a few players?

With Birmingham sleepwalking towards relegation, and that perhaps only a symptom of a greater malaise, serious remedies were thought to be needed, and the new wealthy foreign owners had the means. Perhaps they were naive and too trusting, spending unwisely without progress, but they were wealthy and not bankrupt.

What is questionable, and some managers / agents have admitted to it, is the practice of signing players purely on the basis of brown envelopes being exchanged, with no intention of playing them. That is to the detriment of the clubs as they're then stuck with both the player and his wage.

However, you had unscrupulous managers and agents before FFP was ever thought of, and I'm sure if it had never existed, unscrupulous managers and agents would still be working angles to see how they could benefit.

FFP was originally brought in to stop clubs going to financial ruin and bankruptcy, but not particularly to stop rich foreign investors wasting their own money through naivety and stupidly trusting self centred managers who are only really interested in themselves.

While FFP punishing naive and very rich owners for paying too much for dross and hiring managers who are only interested in enriching themselves, may or may not be extremely laudable (I couldn't care less if rich investors lost out tbh), it puts limits on very legitimate spending by ambitious more sensible owners too.

The gap between what's needed to reach and stay in the prem and the championship is growing and we're saying to clubs if you get very rich backers, hard lines, you still should know your place as it'll go on your crowds and size of club, we'll penalise your mega rich owners if they spend more than a pittance (to them) on you.

Protecting the rich wasn't meant to be the way FFP worked.

Not only can it act as a real barrier to promotion, unless you risk it and succeed as Bournemouth and Wolves may have done, rich owners, relatively big spending but promotion and not in the EFL, but It protects the monopoly of the already big clubs at the highest European levels too, it keeps the super club cartel intact and prevents new members.

It's broken, it's hopeless and should be scrapped imo.

A tax on ambition and a deterrent to aspiration.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Derby County, Aston Villa and Sheffield Wednesday are amongst a group of clubs fearing that they too are now also likely to be targeted by the FFP monster.

Derby County owner Mel Morris has cancelled the squad's trip to Dubai as cost cutting measures begin to take hold and Frank Lampard's future as Derby County manager has also been plunged into doubt.

Perhaps we need more rich owners who won't spend so lavishly, Mike Ashley comes to mind.

:D

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

liquidfootball2 wrote: 23 Mar 2019, 08:29 Derby County, Aston Villa and Sheffield Wednesday are amongst a group of clubs fearing that they too are now also likely to be targeted by the FFP monster.

Derby County owner Mel Morris has cancelled the squad's trip to Dubai as cost cutting measures begin to take hold and Frank Lampard's future as Derby County manager has also been plunged into doubt.

Perhaps we need more rich owners who won't spend so lavishly, Mike Ashley comes to mind.

:D
Exactly, it rewards owners who allow clubs to stagnate, and even asset-strip.

Debt should be the only measure used to penalise clubs, if we have this sort of regime. Administrations have dropped in recent years which is a good thing, we no longer have divisions with two or three teams starting on negative points, but if ambition is banned then everyone but the big clubs might as well pack up and go home.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Good to see Fick Mick getting off to a good start 8-)

Hmm.... 'Arry, brown envelopes, ex Club in financial trouble :shock: :shock: :shock: Why do Clubs keep let him get away with it? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Maybe he gave his nephew or godson or whatever FFL is some tips?

Hey ho, he is such a nice crook that he is an Advertisers dream......

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 80

Well that felt like a very long International break. All went well for the ones that turned out for their country. They all returned with fit body and mind.
The first match back isn’t exactly an awe inspiring fixture. This is the Police Forces ‘El Galactico’.
Woodall services will be very busy this weekend. Smart motorways, smart phones and escort services have kept trouble at bay over the years. Long may it continue.
There is a general consensus that promotion is down to two from three. There is a match tonight that could take WBA just three points behind Leeds. People might be thinking two from four Saturday morning. Forget the if’s and but’s, the top three are in the 'win all the remaining matches mode.'
Whilst Leeds are thinking about promotion, Millwall are worrying about relegation. All predictions point to a home win but this is the Championship.
This fixture last season was entertaining. Lassoga, De Bock, Vierra and Wieweld were still wearing the white shirt. After coming back from a 2 goal deficit Lassoga put Leeds 3-2 up, only for them to concede 2 goals in the last 5 minutes and the Lions running out 4-3 victors. I’m expecting an edgy 1-0 win and wait for it, as a kind homer ref points to the spot. Oh stop dreaming.
Meanwhile, the foundation work has been providing dividends. The U23’s took the 2nd Division North title at Colchester. Burnley had just lost earlier in the day. So in to the promotion play offs Leeds go.
There is another important match for the U23’s tonight as Leeds take on Burnley in the cup. There is no doubt Bielsa uses this team to instill habit and getting first teamers back to peak fitness. Well, it seems to be working.
In to the home straight we go. The pace is building up. Norwich look to be in control but image can be deceitful. Leeds and Sheffield should not just concentrate on each other. And don’t forget to check over your shoulder.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Talk & Events”