To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW30 Captain

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Who'll be your captain in GW30?

Vardy (FUL)
7%
Kane (sou)
1%
Son (sou)
No votes
Aguero (WAT)
41%
Sterling (WAT)
6%
Salah (BUR)
39%
Mane (BUR)
3%
Van Dijk (BUR)
1%
Alexander-Arnold (BUR)
No votes
Hazard (WOL)
1%
Higuain (WOL)
No votes
Other
2%

Total votes: 113

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

GW30 Captain

Post by tarkens »

Salah with 90% of votes or 5 blanks in the last 6 was enough for people to jump ship?

Aguero or Hazard for me, not sure yet

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Re: GW30 Captain

Post by Joccki_10 »

I’d like a punt on Vardy.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Salah 100%

His form will change soon and once it does keep the armband on him no matter who they play.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Aguero & Salah in some order here. Not too sure on that order, I think it's likely that both will be subbed on 70 mins or so.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Stemania wrote: 04 Mar 2019, 18:21 Aguero & Salah in some order here. Not too sure on that order, I think it's likely that both will be subbed on 70 mins or so.
This apart from the Salah being subbed bit. If he’s scored and playing well Klopp keeps him on to manage himself. If you fear he’ll be off at 70 go with Aguero?

johnjoe107
Treebeard
FS Record: Never been outside the top 3

Post by johnjoe107 »

Salah for me. Think Aguero might get rested for the midweek Champions League match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highlander12
FISOhead

Post by Highlander12 »

Sterling or Salah. Maybe Sterling for differential and home form.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

johnjoe107 wrote: 04 Mar 2019, 20:41Think Aguero might get rested for the midweek Champions League match.
Think Aguero might get rested in the midweek Champions League match.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Vardy if I get him, Salah if not.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Kun (c), Salah (vc).

Hedging my bets as a red.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Joccki_10 wrote: I’d like a punt on Vardy.
I'm on Sterling right now but isn't bypassing Salah somewhat strange if you have him? His underlying stats aren't awful and there's every chance that he is back to playing more central this week seeing that Firmino should be fully fit and that Mané was apparently quite poor in the CF role in the last game. Liverpool have scored 9 goals in their last 3 home games, against opposition of a similar level to Burnley. Burnley have improved as a defensive unit in recent weeks, but more so at home than away. I don't think it would be a surprise to see Liverpool put 3 past them.

I guess my summation with Salah would be that he looks like a very feasible captain but it isn't as nailed-on as it might have been at another stage of the season.

Watford are also a bit hot and cold defensively; Liverpool beat them 5 at Anfield recently but they have been decent enough apart from that.

Liverpool play Sunday-Wednesday and City Saturday-Tuesday so there's little difference there. But City have a distinct advantage in their CL 2nd leg whereas Liverpool face a very tough game in a tie that could easily go either way. That suggests that the need to have half an eye on the CL will be greater for Liverpool than City; on the other hand Pep has better rotation options than Jürgen does. I don't think much of a guide can be drawn from the fixture schedules really, apart from the fact that both managers will likely be delighted to give key players an early hook if they can. Personally I'd think Sterling is likely to play more minutes than Salah but it is also possible that he gets rested, you can never tell with Pep and it is a fact that Sterling has been benched twice in City's last 4 PL games.

All of that makes Joccki's Vardy idea attractive and it's something I have considered myself. Fulham were improved against Chelsea but that was Parker's first game, it was a derby and it was at home. Will the bounce continue at the King Power? I think Vardy would be a better option if Ranieri were still in charge of Fulham anyway.

City's attacking prowess in home games will probably be what swings my decision, meaning Sterling(c) Salah(v).

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

I'm picking Salah :(

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Salah (C) Aguero (VC) atm. Liverpool are a point behind theres no way Salah doesn't start. Aguero has looked tired the last few games and with Jesus on the bench last game and a CL midweek game I think its possible Jesus gets a start if fit enough and that possibility is enough for me to captain Salah
Last edited by xJosh- on 07 Mar 2019, 08:42, edited 1 time in total.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

C kun
V Salah or Mane

i see Kun starting this game Jesus starts the champ league game

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

Sticking with City for now:

Aguero (c)
Sterling (vc)

Newfounder
Treebeard
FS Record: poor, I always seem to finish nearer the bottom than the top

Post by Newfounder »

Taking into account CL matches, lack of form and Pep's revolving door maybe Jesus will play vs Watford, or Higuain, for captain and maybe Van Dijk / Alonso for vice captain.

Demo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Demo »

Aguero (C)
Salah (VC)

mandoncare
Treebeard

Post by mandoncare »

Kun (C), Salah (VC)

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Newfounder wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 17:21 Taking into account CL matches, lack of form and Pep's revolving door maybe Jesus will play vs Watford, or Higuain, for captain and maybe Van Dijk / Alonso for vice captain.
Jesus has been injured for a few weeks and hasn't had any minutes. City have finally had a full weeks rest so I'd say Aguero starts and Jesus gets brought on 60+ assuming the games going well

All a guessing game though tbf as always.

fairfranco
Red & Blue Braces

Post by fairfranco »

Sterling (c)
Vardy (vc)

Punting on sterling over aguerro.

If i could get Mane in I'd captain him.

No to Salah looks really out of touch though he still will get goals I'd much rather have Mane, in looks better and more likely to get goals playing the central role more

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Firmino is back so Mane won't be playing the central role anymore

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Aguero (C)
Vardy (VC)

Tough week though to decide, as I also have Higuain and Mane who are both reasonable shouts too.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Vardy(C) Salah(VC). Salah is out of form and with Bayern away 3 days later will surely be managed with that in mind if they are comfortably ahead in the 2nd half. He probably will score but Vardy seems much more likely to play the full match and well it's Fulham!

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Seen a few saying Salah will ‘probably score’.

Is that not the exact reason you look to captain someone? 14 points there! I’m sticking with him.

After the Pogba armband last week I’d be delighted with the ‘probably score’ 14 pointer Mo.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 08 Mar 2019, 01:59 Vardy(C) Salah(VC). Salah is out of form and with Bayern away 3 days later will surely be managed with that in mind if they are comfortably ahead in the 2nd half. He probably will score but Vardy seems much more likely to play the full match and well it's Fulham!
So you rather take 90 minutes from Vardy than a probable goal from Salah? If Liverpool are comfortably ahead in the second half then Salah is likely on points. We want to get points in this game, not minutes played.

Personally I'd rather captain 60 minutes of Salah (BUR) than 90 minutes of Vardy (FUL).

The Toon Man wrote: 08 Mar 2019, 06:26 Seen a few saying Salah will ‘probably score’.

Is that not the exact reason you look to captain someone? 14 points there! I’m sticking with him.
Spot on.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

I think I am right in saying that Leicester have only made it to 3 goals twice all season, and one of those was HUD (the other was that epic 7 goal Wolves game).

I can certainly see Vardy scoring. But he is in my team for what I hope to be a drip drip of returns not a haul.

Liverpool have faltered a little and are under pressure, and Burnley have been improving. But Liverpool at home are surely going to outscore Leicester at home, so Salah or Mane above Vardy in my opinion.

Highlander12
FISOhead

Post by Highlander12 »

Sterling with only 3 votes is surprising. I don't know whether this clouds my judgement or makes me happy with a differential.

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Sterling and Aguero in better FPL form than Salah, Man City have created 22 big chances in the last 5 gameweeks, Liverpool 13. Watford have conceded 12 big chances in the last 5 gameweeks, Burnley just 6. The expected goal involvement for Aguero in the last 5 gameweeks is 5.56, Sterling 2.63, Salah 2.27. Aguero and Sterling have proved more reliable over the season for returns than Salah. Sterling has delivered the highest percentage of double figure hauls out of the 3 of them.

For me it absolutely has to be a City asset this week, with Aguero favoured marginally over Sterling. I don't own Aguero so am going with Sterling.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

You might just have tipped me back over the knife edge in the direction of Kun there, TRM. :)

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

TheRumourMill wrote: 08 Mar 2019, 12:22 Sterling and Aguero in better FPL form than Salah, Man City have created 22 big chances in the last 5 gameweeks, Liverpool 13. Watford have conceded 12 big chances in the last 5 gameweeks, Burnley just 6. The expected goal involvement for Aguero in the last 5 gameweeks is 5.56, Sterling 2.63, Salah 2.27. Aguero and Sterling have proved more reliable over the season for returns than Salah. Sterling has delivered the highest percentage of double figure hauls out of the 3 of them.

For me it absolutely has to be a City asset this week, with Aguero favoured marginally over Sterling. I don't own Aguero so am going with Sterling.
I guess it's a general debate of short term vs. long term. During this whole season Salah has xG 0.63, xA 0.31 while Aguero has xG 0.82, xA 0.18. Yes, the last five gameweeks are most recent and hence perhaps most relevant but on the other hand it's an extremely small sample, so the whole season may well describe their potential better.

I'm currently on Salah, I guess they have about similar chance for getting attacking returns but Salah gets an extra point for goal and clean sheet. It also seems that Milner is a doubt, so Salah might well be on pens (just like Aguero of course).

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”