To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Keith Flint

A forum for discussion on Music topics whatever your taste.
bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Keith Flint

Post by bluenosey »

Formed towards the tail end of acid house, rave pioneers, then turning their hand to dance, guitar loops, samples, punk rock sneers, drum and bass and everything including the kitchen sink, yet still with their own distinctive sound. Liam was the brains but Keith probably the focal point, less so at the start as long haired raver, more so at their peak as as a kind of techno punk rocker. Just 49 :(

The songs will live on though 8-)

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Keith Flint

Post by Zimmerman »

Yep, guessing they’ll have a limited appeal to people other than those of a certain (our) age.

Became aware of them through their early rave stuff but wasn’t exactly a fan (Lee Scratch Perry sample aside).

Then saw them live and was blown away and fan thereafter.

Fat of the Land a top album and an essential soundtrack to get up for something if ever you needed psyching up for something.

Mrs met him way back (mid 90s) and said he was a lovely guy.

(Was he a solicitor or accountant underneath that punk exterior)?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Maldini
Dumbledore

Keith Flint

Post by Maldini »

Great band and iconic front man.

Rest in peace Keith.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

The phrase ‘rest in peace’ doesn’t seem appropriate. Rest in a punk/techno fusion Keith.

I thought that the Prodigy Experience was a phenomenal album at the time. As a student I went through a period of goading my best mate to “come play my game” in nightclubs and Smack my bitch up was the only music that sent my firstborn to sleep. Fair to say The Prodigy had an impact on my life.

llama
Grumpy Old Man

Post by llama »

Zimmerman wrote: 04 Mar 2019, 20:49 Yep, guessing they’ll have a limited appeal to people other than those of a certain (our) age.
Not so sure about that Zimm. They really were a cross-generational band. I, like most here I imagine, was listening to them as a kid in the late 90s. They had a bit of a lull in the 00s bit then all of a sudden became one of the biggest bands around again when they released Invaders Must Die. I saw them headline a festival last summer. They definitely have a whole new generation of young fans.

Anway, terrible news. I was lucky enough to seem them live many times over the last 20 years. They were always brilliant and will be very much missed.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Zimmerman wrote: 04 Mar 2019, 20:49Yep, guessing they’ll have a limited appeal to people other than those of a certain (our) age.
Think I was maybe a touch too old, was out of my youth when rave and techno were big. Was still very much into new music but not 'youth culture'. Appreciated their bombastic singles and style though without ever really getting into them. Liked the single last year, they still had it. I knew Keith Flint lived fairly near to me where I used to live but never bumped into him (having read the news stories he was a good few miles away from me, right out in the sticks).

Sadder still when someone is your sort of age (as was actor Luke Perry who also died yesterday).

1994 Prodigy gig from 6 Music: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0002t5c Enjoy

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Didn't have any of their records but caught them twice live at festivals and it was pretty impressive.

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

I assume him being cremated :shock:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

SUZYKINS wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 15:10 I assume him being cremated :shock:

£1 to charity please:

He also owns a pub called the Leather Bottle in Pleshey, near his home. “We’ve got an open fire, and I’ve got about 60 quid in a pint pot on the mantelpiece because every time I light it, the Firestarter jokes come out, and boom, I’m like, that’s very funny, you owe me a pound. The money goes in and then off to charity.”

http://www.matt-blake.co.uk/keith-flint ... to-shreds/

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

hoppy throws some shapes

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

He'd done a Parkrun PB of 21:22 a couple of days before he died, at the course I started at. 2 and a half minutes faster than I ever managed.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Music”