To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Chelsea

A forum for discussion on Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Re: Manchester United Seasonal Blog 2018/19 - Ole Ole Ole Ole

Post by forestfan »

Recent(ish) Chelsea managers:

Conte - no current job
Hiddink - China U21s
Mourinho - no current job
Benitez - Newcastle (is that a proper job?) :wink:
Di Matteo - no current job
AVB - no current job
Ancelotti - Napoli
Scolari - Palmeiras
Grant - NorthEast United (India, technical advisor)
Ranieri - Fulham
Vialli - no current job
Gullit - no current job
Hoddle - no current job (punditry, before recent ill health)

Don't think there's really any further back than that who are relevant... so not too many meaningfully employed in management!

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Manchester United Seasonal Blog 2018/19 - Ole Ole Ole Ole

Post by blahblah »

Not many then.... Why didn't Ipswich try for snynif them :roll: :lol:

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Re: Chelsea

Post by Vid »

4 down after 24 minutes, piss poor team selection and tactics, this season is a write-off, more hammerings to come.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Vid wrote: 10 Feb 2019, 19:16 this season is a write-off, more hammerings to come.
I'm afraid so. I cleansed my 2 teams of Alonso having dumped Eden and Pedro earlier.

The rest of the Prem are with my long (for me) post above, and your lot could take my once beloved lot's record defeat of 9-0.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

raoul wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 14:32 So Chelsea got thumped.

I have not seen the game at all, so my question is whether anyone specific was at fault? Any defenders at risk of being dropped, for example?

Only thing I have picked up was Higuain's preference for passing to Hazard rather than shooting, but I guess that is a teething issue they will resolve.
Other than the fact I watched the game this time, I feel like asking the same question.

The scary thing is that City could easily have got 10 ... and that I thought Chelsea didn't actually play that badly at times. Alonso and Kepa both culpable for goals, and Sarriball surely now a proven failure - will he survive until the cup game?

Or perhaps a rampant City can put 6 past anyone when they are on fire?

Wonder if any other club has gone 0-4, 5-0, 0-6?

And will a 7-0 follow?

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Also Chelsea last 3 away games: 0-2, 0-4, 0-6. Clearly they’ll beat tottenham 7-0 then lose 0-8 to Fulham!

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

hancockjr wrote: 11 Feb 2019, 17:11 Also Chelsea last 3 away games: 0-2, 0-4, 0-6. Clearly they’ll beat tottenham 7-0 then lose 0-8 to Fulham!
We've got Malmo (a), Man U (h), Malmo (h), Brighton (h) & Man C (n) before Spurs and Fulham, as he hasn't been sacked today progression in both cups and no more humiliations should see him in charge to make the same stupid mistakes against City again. What's the record for a League Cup final score?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Was it 5-0, Swansea v (League One) Bradford?

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

Banned from signing players for next two transfer windows. It's been feeling a bit "end of an era" recently, this could hasten it. Maybe we'll finally see how good the youth system is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47329293

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Darbyand wrote:Banned from signing players for next two transfer windows. It's been feeling a bit "end of an era" recently, this could hasten it. Maybe we'll finally see how good the youth system is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47329293
That's going to be a bit harsh.... on all those clubs wanting a loanee.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

This could actually help them though.

Eden sees play elsewhere, should help H-O for one and if they can find a new manager or get Sarri to see the light then a few more kids may show their worth....

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Losing one of the best players in the world and assuming/hoping an 18yo, largely untested talent, can bridge the gap is doomed.

Even Pulisic (20) is a gamble... although he does have 80 appearances under his belt.

That said, between the 40 loanees they must have some mix that can be fashioned in to a team.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Maybe this will push Abramovich closer to walking away, or at least settling for a rather different approach.

They seem to now be only fourth in spending power among English clubs, even with the factory farming of young players which is merely an income stream for them, and their uncanny ability to move on flop signings at a profit. They’re not competing with the North West big three for world-class names any more. With the stadium on hold as well, there’s big questions to be asked in terms of what they want to be as a club, or they risk drifting and ending up well adrift of Spurs and Arsenal and in the European wilderness.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Zimmerman wrote: 23 Feb 2019, 05:32 Losing one of the best players in the world and assuming/hoping an 18yo, largely untested talent, can bridge the gap is doomed.

Even Pulisic (20) is a gamble... although he does have 80 appearances under his belt.

That said, between the 40 loanees they must have some mix that can be fashioned in to a team.
Jadon Sancho is (or at least was) keeping Pulisic out of the Dortmund first team. He’s a massive gamble.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Vid wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 19:51
Zimmerman wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 19:08 How much of that is down to the Chelsea culture of being more powerful than their managers?

Could it work?
Is he allowed to get rid of the bad eggs (or to take back control of the dressing room)?

11 managers in 11 years and 3 months (since the end of Jose pt 1.
More powerful? Some of the managers that were sacked for not having a great second season had absolutely nothing to do with 'player power', just an owner that doesn't realise that retaining a title is a lot harder than winning it in the first place. Yes, we've had a few bad managers in there too that may well have 'lost the dressing room', but they'd probably have done that anywhere.

Scolari & AVB certainly out of their depth, Conte went nuts. Mourinho got himself sacked 2nd time around as he wanted the Man U job. All the rest were down to Abramovich and his advisors getting it wrong, nothing to do with the players at all.

What bad eggs are there causing problems for the manager? No really long standing senior players with any real clout in the way JT, Lamps, Cech & Ivanovich would have had.

Sarri has never won anything and he never will, another bad appointment that will see the better players leave and the next manager struggling to replace them.

Only when someone comes in that is willing to promote the likes of Hudson-Odi, Ampadu, Christensen, Loftus-Cheek before they are forced out as so many have been before them are things likely to settle, there'll never be another JT without a manager like Ranieri willing to give the youth a chance to establish themselves.
🤷‍♂️

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Kepa Arrizabalaga writes his name into infamy

Previously only known as that absolute dud who replaced the brilliant Courtois...

He's publicly undermined any remaining authority Sarri might have had left and let in a sitter from Aguero that was the difference in the shootout.

Even though he may have been fit to carry on you can't do that to your manager, you've given the signal you're ok but the board has gone up, you have to go.

It's taken all the attention away from a vastly improved Chelsea performance and may well deflect any credit due to Sarri for that, and perhaps contribute in some way to his earlier dismissal.

Sarri should just tell him you're transfer listed, won't play again for the club and will be off as soon as possible.

Felt sorry for Sarri, he's been publicly made to look an absolute fool with any vestige of authority he might have once had, has now by one act of misguided player power been dumped and thrown out of the window, no excuses for the lad whatsoever.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Kepa fined a week's wages by Chelsea for 'misunderstanding'.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Sarri might as well leave now.
Hopefully he sticks around so he gets his golden handshake.

No doubt Chelsea will want this to disappear ASAP so I guess Sarri is blocked from dropping his keeper as further punishment.

The fact he’s only been fined a week’s wages shows that it’s a token gesture and the manager has been further undermined (or is the two week cap limited for certain types of indescretions).

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Zimmerman wrote: 26 Feb 2019, 09:24 Sarri might as well leave now.

No doubt Chelsea will want this to disappear ASAP so I guess Sarri is blocked from dropping his keeper as further punishment.

The fact he’s only been fined a week’s wages shows that it’s a token gesture and the manager has been further undermined (or is the two week cap limited for certain types of indescretions).
Given how his position has been undermined he has a decent case for constructive dismissal.

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

Zimmerman wrote: 26 Feb 2019, 09:24 Sarri might as well leave now.

Think Eva Carneiro has more clout :mrgreen:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Talk & Events”