NFL chat 2018/19 season

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy National Football League (American Football) games
forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Re: NFL chat 2018/19 season

Post by forestfan »

Not a great follower of college football, but I read about this guy today:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_ ... _football)

Sounds like the hottest QB prospect since Andrew Luck, maybe even since Peyton Manning... but not eligible for the NFL draft (on age grounds) for another two years. In the manner of “Suck for Luck”, we may get “Tank for Trev” or “Lose for Lawro” campaigns the season after next...

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Grrr having laptop issues and just had to get a new phone :evil:

That kid is good from what I have seen, as is the short one who has also signed up for baseball. But he could be as short as 5'8....

When I get a new laptop I'll type more but the Seedings point was knowingly leftfield, but makes sense as they exist from the olde days of 3+1...

Apparently Eli had one of his best seasons stats wise, so just imagine how they would have fared sith a QB who could throw mire thsn 10 yards :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Hmm, M'Homie was supposed to flunk out with the pressure? But then I don't remember Dorothy having to deal with snow, just a bit of a wind...

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

It’s happening all over again, as whoever did that early ‘90s dance-pop track sang...

Foles: 7/7, 83 yds, 1 TD
Brees: 0/3, 0 yds, 1 INT

Is a repeat of last year on the cards?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

You could have deleted that :wink:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Yeah, I thought the Saints were done for after that start, an interception on the first play then all kinds of things going wrong.

Sounds like they turned it around with a fake punt, you need to be imaginative to change the momentum. Still surprised Philly scored nothing in the second half. They at least avoid having the temptation to stick with Foles and move Wentz on now...

Anyway, after the road victories in wild card weekend it’s the top four seeds making it through again. Both impossible to call, in QB terms will we see the battle of the legends, or of the young guns?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I hung on unyil 14-7, but was zonked...

Thry had next to nought possession aftet that. The injured Brit was badly mussed imho. Last season Foles hardly threw before the PO, which creatrd the surprise... And yep the Wentz drcision is less controversial - although I'd still be tempted to keep Foles. I should have a laptop in the nrxy few days, and my etyes and thumb are too old for phone typing.

Pats or Chiefs will beat whoever they play, imho.

M'Homie put in a very mature performance then gets flak for no long TD throws :roll: Whether the Chiefs turned up or weren't allowef yo play is debatable, but I doubt they knew about Burnley when 14-7 down.

The Chargers were as bad, and I'm struggling to justify 2nd Seeding would have seen thrm win - but they must have felt the cold :wink:

I'm expecting the Saints to beaten, hopefully by M'Homie.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

These should be the 2 best matches of the season, and on the same day 8-)

I'm erring on the side of the home 2. I wouldn't bet on either but expect the AFC to provide the SB winner.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I almost have my bag packed and I just have to decide between John and Steve McVay for the name change 8-)

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Double overtime then... the Saints robbed by a missed pass interference call that would have allowed them to run the clock down. Meanwhile the toss of a coin left Mahomes powerless as he watched Brady win it on the opening drive of extra time.

I suspect the Pats will win comfortably, as there’s such an experience gap, and they’ve typically hit their best form at the right time, whereas the Rams have always seemed to be hanging on a bit after a great start. They need Gurley fully fit to have a chance, for some reason he barely figured last night.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

There was the KC Offside for the Interception too :(

31 2nd Half points is a lot on a defeat, a bit like the first match. Amazing Planning, Calling and Execution from the Pats though....

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Brady to start his 9th Super Bowl.

No team other than the Patriots has made 9 Super Bowls in their entire history :shock:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

It's all a tad yin yang tonight.

Young\first vs old\last
Stars\individuals vs Team
5-4 or 6-3

Will the Pats score in the 1st Quarter for the second time? (Last year was the 1st, which is kinda shocking)

After 2 OT's I'll go for more than the Pats 8 point SB record margin, but not a clue which who to. I'm not sure about the high scoring that is being predicted either as I see both trying to run down the clock.

I want to like BB, but that Trump thing :shock: Ditto Edelman, but the PED thing... Is Gronk clean? Are any of them?

SM has a seriously scary look\eyes thing going on, and not in a good way ie disturbing.

So I'm decidedly neutral, with a slight Ram preference due to Brady and them getting to half a Bills (4 losses) would be a lil amusing.

This could be over in the 1st Quarter if Donald\Suh can get to Brady and hit his dodgy knee, but thrm in the do the unexpected tradition I'm expecting. Brady run or three.

It all seems a bit;
A but b
C but d
E but f

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

The dodgy knee he injured 10 years ago and hasn’t had any bother with since, you mean?

Rams need a good start, but they do have multiple ways to win, difference makers on the team from QB to punter. But the Pats have all the experience at this stage and I just think they will be determined not to lose back to back Super Bowls.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Nah, the one that he was protecting at the end of the regular season. But may be the same one, lol.

Personally I sense some Cortisone or some other PED that WADA wouldn't like but hey ho.

While I am erring on a Rams upset, I'm far from convinced that they won't do an Atlanta in Atlanta, if the aged Pats are as good as un the past late on. The Rams could think it's all over...

The other, possibly interesting, point is that the Pats could be a tad Serena ie she is rarely in close matches so struggles if pushed deep into the 3rd set: I think BB considers the Regular as Pre season and when the pressure kicks in he\they aren't ready for it. The Amendola to Brady pass\drop was so early in the match, and did they use a similar set up later in it to make the Eagles think it might happen again? (I watched highlights of their last 2 and hope it wasn't vs Atlanta :lol: )

The fear of half Bills and a few possibly\probably playing their last one vs the innocence of youth\inexperience could decide it, if SB et al stay focused. I would say calm, but he doesn't look\act like he knows the meaning of the word, which takes me back to the above buts.

Having watched a whack of stuff on YouTube, the micro analysis is incredibly impressive, but it all seems a tad can't see the wood for the trees.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

All Pats so far, but a tip-pick of Brady and a missed FG means it’s still scoreless...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yep, not looking good for Rams, with the 2 TO's not as bad as in 2nd Half.

Advantage Pats, apart from starting drives deeper than Rams?

Are both trying to be too clever by throwing so much?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

More defence in the first quarter than we saw in the entire game last year...

LA need a decent drive and some time in possession here, whether they score or not.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yep, big down. Fooked as I typed.

No rhythm for either. 2 weeks ago Brady didn't try a throw over 5 (may have been 10) yards for ages. This one has to be run and dinks, and I'm happy eith my low score prediction above, lol. But favouring Bellycheeks or more to the point not into SB.

Gaweff, is on the micro stuff as well when the point is wrinkles?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

14 vs 4 mins.....

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

The consolation will be that they could have been 21-0 down and it’s only 3-0. But the defence needs time off the field, other than for the half-time show...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Which is as bad as 2.2 vs 3.5 secs for Brady\Goff releasing the ball.

They need CJ, CJ, CJ all short then a long Gurling rhythm....

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 00:29 The consolation will be that they could have been 21-0 down and it’s only 3-0. But the defence needs time off the field, other than for the half-time show...
Or the defence eill be thinking they should be up, lol. But as above 3 is the most they have ever scored in 1st Quarter of SB. And their total has been doubled tonight.

Rams look desperate and Gurling off the field implies his knee is stuffed?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

KC were closer 2 weeks ago, obviously not in points terms but competitive wise.

Can SM turn the impotent offense around? Or why does it take Reid until half time?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

KHunt to Cleveland and Kyler seems all in on NFL.

I sense a rigged measuring of his height and weight at the Combine as he is tiny. What may be more of a concern is that he could shrinking as there is an old clip of him on YouTube at 5'10", and I'm guessing closet yo 5'8 than 9 ancient weigh much. However, he is very reminiscent of Vick when he runs and throws like well take your pick...

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Cleveland perhaps losing a lot of the goodwill from the casual follower that they've built up this season...

Anyway, draft will be interesting. A class heavy on defence, in particular edge rushers, who are tipped to fill the top three slots. Perhaps not the year to be looking for a QB, this year's crop seemingly a weaker one than last time around but still a few needy teams will reach for one early on. NYG, Jax, Miami, Denver and Washington the most likely. At least it doesn't financially cripple you for years if you swing and miss, like it did under the previous rookie contract structure. Offensive linemen and receivers also may see demand outstripping supply.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

So, OBJ to Cleveland, Bell to Jets, Brown to Oakland... should shake things up a bit!

Not sure quite what the Giants and Steelers’ strategies are, other than tanking for a top draft pick? Both will more than likely be starting a 37/38-year-old QB with little in the way of weapons around him on offense.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

There is loads of shit on YouTube :lol: :lol: :lol: And certainly more interesting than Brexit :mrgreen:

I was going go start a new Thread on my first real nfl season :?

As above, Kyler's height was rigged My guess is that they measured to the top of his primped hair.

Dorsey seems to be the only GM (bar Billy Belly) with a functioning Brain Cell: Baker, Chubb, KHunt, Odell, Landry makes his old Chiefs look boring? If the OL and Defence stand up then I sense a defeat snatched from the jaws of victory sometime in January, if not GW17 #believeland (if people haven't watched it, you are missing out on sporting tragi-farce of the highest order).

The Giants spunking loads of cash on Odell and Elli was stupid as Elli can't throw deep enough to use Odell properly, so I sense a load of running and dinking to TE's etc. I expect them to draft Kyler\Haskins :lol:

Steelers: they had 3 msin players and 2 get totally pissed off, yet they didn't seem to think that the 3rd could be the real problem.....

Cruds: that GM is beyond incompetent hmmmm he'd be at home in the Brexit debacle :lol:. In theory they should Trade down for a load of tasty picks as their squad is pants. Tben if Rosen is rubbish with an OL etc then they can tank for a safer 1st Round QB next year (Herbert\Lawrence).... But nope he goes for an HC with a deep love for a baseballing mute gnome. I'll try and fig out the link of a gnome on the same Dan Patrick show as him - the one where he threw in Superbowl week. The people there had a sweep on his height and none were 5'10 or higher having met him, also check out photos of him with others of "known" height. He could well be M'Homie with a Vick like running game, but he could only last up to 3 or 4 matches. There is a 3 hour YouTube (no I haven't even wallpapered half of it) of his only year in College and he gets tackled very high as he is so short meaning a neck injury is rather likely. Imho, he is far too risky for the Cruds as Rosen hasn't really flunked, has he?

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

There seems to be a few more high profile moves at this time of year than normal but possibly it always seems like that.

I’m looking forward to the Browns flunking hugely as usual despite the wealth of talent at their disposal.

It would be nice if the Bengals spent just a little of that $50m cap space they have at their disposal.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Mo Bot wrote: 13 Mar 2019, 17:26 There seems to be a few more high profile moves at this time of year than normal but possibly it always seems like that.

I’m looking forward to the Browns flunking hugely as usual despite the wealth of talent at their disposal.

It would be nice if the Bengals spent just a little of that $50m cap space they have at their disposal.
That division is really up for grabs, with Pittsburgh needing a spectacular draft to avoid their first losing season in decades... Big Ben might have more miles left in him than Eli Manning for example, but not without playmakers alongside him, and the goodwill of the owners, fans and players must be wearing thin.

Baltimore may be favourites with a strong defence, but questions on the other side. Lamar Jackson is definitely a player, but is he a quarterback, or just a glorified RB best suited to the variation plays? Time will tell, but you have to be able to throw from the pocket to survive as a starting QB.

Not sure what the Bengals’ strategy is, do you move forward with Dalton or roll the dice and move on?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy NFL”