To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW23 Captain Poll

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

GW 23 Captain

Salah
79%
Auba
No votes
Pogba
9%
Rashford
2%
Hazard
No votes
Firmino
1%
Mane
No votes
Felipe Anderson
No votes
Aguero
5%
Sterling
3%
Sane
1%
Alli
1%
Eriksen
No votes
Laca
No votes
Richarlison
No votes
Mitrovic
No votes
Wilson
No votes
Jiménez
No votes
Fraser
No votes
Pereyra
No votes

Total votes: 110

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

GW23 Captain Poll

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Just took a hit to bring him in so he gets the band, Salah(C) Pogba(VC)

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Re: GW23 Captain Poll

Post by jacksosi »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote:Just took a hit to bring him in so he gets the band, Salah(C) Pogba(VC)
+1, vc Rashford

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

I've learnt my lesson by now, captaincy likely stays on Salah for the rest of the season.

andybarrell
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013 Licence to Kill Winner
2019 S15 R2 Championship Winner
2020 FISO H2H League 1 Winner
2020 5aSide Champions (Falcons)

Post by andybarrell »

Hazard done me 3 weeks in a row...not again
Salah for me

Spreadsheet
FISOhead
FS Record: SDT Mini League Maestro - 5 wins and 3 Runners Up in 9 years. Never made it on the biggest stage though. I'm the DT David Bentley.

Only one FPL campaign (18/19) under my belt. Nothing spectacular.

Post by Spreadsheet »

Salah C
Martial V

Fuzz
FISOhead
FS Record: 579th in FPL 2014/15

Post by Fuzz »

Salah (C), Pogba (VC)

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Currently planning Aguero for differential but did same last week and it failed totally.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Salah (C), Pogba (VC).

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Went against the majority last week capping Auba, which in my opinion was less a case of a bad decision, more a case of Arsenal being inherently eff Arsenal. Which actually maybe should have been a factor in my decision making after all :lol:

Anyway, I don't really see much opportunity this week by going against the crowd, so Salah it is. There's also a chance 40 year old Speroni plays for Palace which surely only improves Salah's chances. Spurs are an unknown quantity at the moment, and its probably enough of a differential to merely own Sane or Sterling right now. I do wonder how Huddersfield will react to Wagner leaving though. Not well, is my bet. My vice captain would be Pogba or Rashford, they have a lot of opportunity this week also, although Brighton are capable of frustrating sides on their day.

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Salah (c) rashford (vc)

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

TheRumourMill wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 10:39 Went against the majority last week capping Auba, which in my opinion was less a case of a bad decision, more a case of Arsenal being inherently eff Arsenal. Which actually maybe should have been a factor in my decision making after all :lol:

Anyway, I don't really see much opportunity this week by going against the crowd, so Salah it is. There's also a chance 40 year old Speroni plays for Palace which surely only improves Salah's chances. Spurs are an unknown quantity at the moment, and its probably enough of a differential to merely own Sane or Sterling right now. I do wonder how Huddersfield will react to Wagner leaving though. Not well, is my bet. My vice captain would be Pogba or Rashford, they have a lot of opportunity this week also, although Brighton are capable of frustrating sides on their day.
Hennessey is back now so wont he be playing as came on at half time in there last game ?

Also i think Palace do well against the big teams and could frustrate liverpool.

Im torn between, Pogba, rashford, Sane or even Sterling again who i feel have slightly easier fixtures

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Will be Aguero for me, unless we're given any strong hints he won't start.

Quite a tough choice though with several decent options. I also have Rashford, Sane, Pogba, Firmino and Hazard, all of whom I would expect to do well this week.

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Stevieste wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 10:43
TheRumourMill wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 10:39 Went against the majority last week capping Auba, which in my opinion was less a case of a bad decision, more a case of Arsenal being inherently eff Arsenal. Which actually maybe should have been a factor in my decision making after all :lol:

Hennessey is back now so wont he be playing as came on at half time in there last game ?

Also i think Palace do well against the big teams and could frustrate liverpool.

Im torn between, Pogba, rashford, Sane or even Sterling again who i feel have slightly easier fixtures
Hennessey came on but got injured in the same game. He played out the fixture but subsequent tests have shown a thigh injury. Palace have arranged a behind closed doors fixture for tonight to give Speroni some practice before facing Liverpool. They are seeking to bring in a brazilian keeper on loan but its unlikely the paperwork will be completed in time for Saturday.

Palace are capable of that, but then they also conceded 3 goals to Brighton and West Ham and 2 to City in recent away games.

If I was choosing a Utd player I'd go for Pogba, there's more routes to points for him than Rashford. Brighton though, have conceded the fewest big chances in the entire league over their last 4 I believe, so if you're saying Palace could frustrate pool then thats certainly true of Brighton too.

I don't think Huddersfield are going to react very well to Wagner leaving. So I think Sterling/Sane could well be your best bet of the lot.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

TheRumourMill wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 13:00
Stevieste wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 10:43

Hennessey came on but got injured in the same game. He played out the fixture but subsequent tests have shown a thigh injury. Palace have arranged a behind closed doors fixture for tonight to give Speroni some practice before facing Liverpool. They are seeking to bring in a brazilian keeper on loan but its unlikely the paperwork will be completed in time for Saturday.

Palace are capable of that, but then they also conceded 3 goals to Brighton and West Ham and 2 to City in recent away games.

If I was choosing a Utd player I'd go for Pogba, there's more routes to points for him than Rashford. Brighton though, have conceded the fewest big chances in the entire league over their last 4 I believe, so if you're saying Palace could frustrate pool then thats certainly true of Brighton too.

I don't think Huddersfield are going to react very well to Wagner leaving. So I think Sterling/Sane could well be your best bet of the lot.
Cheers for that and i was not aware of that with Henessey so that defo plays a big factor.

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

Rashford (C), Salah (VC)

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

currently Firmino (C) Sterling (VC)

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner Fantasy Football Scotland 2021/22

Post by Stormrider »

Salah (C)
Pogba (VC)

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Really tempted by Pogba but I will go with the sensible choice in Salah.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Salah (c)
Pogba (vc)

SneakyOne
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Highest TFF finish 38th overall 2002 /03 won manager of the week twice. Regular top 1000. FPL Nothing great once top 10,000 (still learning!) Recently finished 75th in TFF World Cup with only one entry, was leading going into the knockouts!

Post by SneakyOne »

Feeling risky Pogba (c) Aguero (vc)

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Salah (c) Rashford (v)

Pogba’s just had a baby btw (could get a heavy score, although he did miss training)

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Might gamble and leave it on Sterling C and Sane V

Although i really think the sensible call is Salah C Pogba V

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

Salah c Sane vc

Demo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Demo »

Salah, Rashford

Tony Towners Tache
Treebeard
FS Record: Won - Beerfueledman TFF Euro 2004 League (remember that?)
Won - Nowt else
Highest FPL Finish 3502 2006/07 back when no one else played

Post by Tony Towners Tache »

How do, long time no visit. Trying to resist but sorely tempted to take a chance on Aguero this week. I can see Palace digging in and Huddersfield falling apart. If he starts the fella could have birthday if..

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Salah, Pogba

digibee
Kevin and Perry

Post by digibee »

Any input for triple captain Salah this gw?

sjbrambley
Kevin and Perry

Post by sjbrambley »

Salah (c), Rashford (vc)

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

I'm half tempted to go with a City player too. I think Wagner was the only difference between Huddersfield being a relegation level Championship team, I can really see a resurgent City absolutely tearing them apart.

But I've just been burned by not having Salah as my captain for too many weeks now...

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Salah (c), Rashford (vc)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”