To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Wich premium striker to use onwards?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Who?

Aguero
32%
Aubameyang
26%
Kane
23%
Auba + Aguero
3%
Auba + Kane
3%
Aguero + Kane
13%
All three...
No votes

Total votes: 31

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Wich premium striker to use onwards?

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

Might be stupid to have a thread about this, but I do get the impression that a lot of people is thinking about this right now, and thinking about switching the one they have etc.

So, yeah, do the poll!

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Re: Wich premium striker to use onwards?

Post by Joccki_10 »

Didn’t you start a thread about this two days ago? :wink:

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

Joccki

I know.

I started one with Kane+Auba.

Did see another thread about switching Auba to Aguero.

Just made this to cover all possible combos, if it is to much maybe mods can merge the threads.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Kane for me, provided he stays fit. Injury worries after todays game

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

I have none

I would say Kane if he is fit . Form and fixtures the best. The question mark is spurs playing without Son.

Not much between Auba/Aguero . Would be a slight worry about Aguero reverting to 60-70 minute games . Auba is pretty consistent .

Surely no one would have all 3 . And only 2 if you don’t have Salah .

Rashford looking like a premium striker for peanuts .

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Im thinking of having Rashford as my only premium striker allowing me to have a stronger all round team

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Lucky wrote: 13 Jan 2019, 19:43 Kane for me, provided he stays fit. Injury worries after todays game
This.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Stevieste wrote: 14 Jan 2019, 12:15 Im thinking of having Rashford as my only premium striker allowing me to have a stronger all round team
+1

Why pay £11m+ for one when you can have (a resurgent) Man U’s no 1 forward for over £4m less. Reminds me of people who were choosing Costa for £10m+ back in the day when Harry Kane was available at £5m haha

Kane arguably, is worth having for his run of 3 nice home games, but he looks likely to be out injured. Even if not injured I’d rather be captaining Salah anyway, which makes the wisdom of owning Kane at £12.6 questionable. The rest are very poor VFM compared to Rashford IMO (especially with his nice little fixture run now).

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Archy wrote: 14 Jan 2019, 14:01
Stevieste wrote: 14 Jan 2019, 12:15 Im thinking of having Rashford as my only premium striker allowing me to have a stronger all round team
+1

Why pay £11m+ for one when you can have (a resurgent) Man U’s no 1 forward for over £4m less. Reminds me of people who were choosing Costa for £10m+ back in the day when Harry Kane was available at £5m haha

Kane arguably, is worth having for his run of 3 nice home games, but he looks likely to be out injured. Even if not injured I’d rather be captaining Salah anyway, which makes the wisdom of owning Kane at £12.6 questionable. The rest are very poor VFM compared to Rashford IMO (especially with his nice little fixture run now).
I agree with you about Rashford, he looks irresistable with his form, underlying stats, and price. The word "essential" gets banded about far too often in FPL but if a sub 7.5m forward is delivering 9ppg on average consistently then he falls into that category for me.

There's no point sitting with 4m in the bank doing nothing either though, so I believe there is still room to have a premium striker alongside Rashford up front. Aubameyang has a fantastic fixture in GW24 and is also a captaincy option in blank gw27. Jury out on Kane due to his injury but theres no doubt if passed fit he can deliver over the next 4. aguero is a nice differential but City (and Aguero) tend to do most damage in home games and there aren't too many attractive ones upcoming. Firmino might not be a bad shout.

I think you mentioned on the other thread money could be pushed into defence and midfield. I'm not sure about defence as the budget options continue to deliver - Digne, Doherty, Wan Bissaka etc. You could have Robertson or a liverpool double up but that doesn't require you to break the bank either. alonso isn't delivering, mendy is injured and the spurs defence is rotatable and flaky. So I don't really see the need to pump funds in here either. Midfield looks the best bet to me - a hazard or Sterling or even Alli perhaps alongside Salah and Pogba.

What would be ideal for me is if Mendy returns in time for GW28 and this coincides with a Puel sacking- liberating Vardy to come in for Aubemeyang for Leicesters lovely (and blank free) run of fixtures. It rarely works out that neatly though!

It

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Agree it’s not certain where to pump the money TRM, am playing around with ideas myself. Also agree about the cheaper defensive assets you mention being solid enough too.

As it is, I don’t own Robertson and think he is worth the upgrade from Doherty. Then there is a potential midfield upgrade from say Richarlison(Anderson to Mane/Eriksen/Sane (or Hazard if you don’t already have him).

Generally, I think it makes sense to use the Rashford money to triple up on Liverpool for the next 4 weeks with 3 from Salah/Mane/Robertson/TAA. Salah works as captain for in me every week from GW23 - GW27 too.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

TheRumourMill wrote: 14 Jan 2019, 14:46
Archy wrote: 14 Jan 2019, 14:01
+1

I agree with you about Rashford, he looks irresistable with his form, underlying stats, and price. The word "essential" gets banded about far too often in FPL but if a sub 7.5m forward is delivering 9ppg on average consistently then he falls into that category for me.

There's no point sitting with 4m in the bank doing nothing either though, so I believe there is still room to have a premium striker alongside Rashford up front. Aubameyang has a fantastic fixture in GW24 and is also a captaincy option in blank gw27. Jury out on Kane due to his injury but theres no doubt if passed fit he can deliver over the next 4. aguero is a nice differential but City (and Aguero) tend to do most damage in home games and there aren't too many attractive ones upcoming. Firmino might not be a bad shout.

I think you mentioned on the other thread money could be pushed into defence and midfield. I'm not sure about defence as the budget options continue to deliver - Digne, Doherty, Wan Bissaka etc. You could have Robertson or a liverpool double up but that doesn't require you to break the bank either. alonso isn't delivering, mendy is injured and the spurs defence is rotatable and flaky. So I don't really see the need to pump funds in here either. Midfield looks the best bet to me - a hazard or Sterling or even Alli perhaps alongside Salah and Pogba.

What would be ideal for me is if Mendy returns in time for GW28 and this coincides with a Puel sacking- liberating Vardy to come in for Aubemeyang for Leicesters lovely (and blank free) run of fixtures. It rarely works out that neatly though!

It
I just swapped Aubamenyang and Lindelof for Rashford and Robertson.

That gives me a couple of million in the bank to maybe swap Richarlison for Alli in a week or so if his form does not improve.

But if it does i will upgrade Kamara or Success for Wilson or Arnie and give myself a headache each week about who to leave on the bench haha

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

Stevieste wrote: 14 Jan 2019, 16:26 But if it does i will upgrade Kamara or Success for Wilson or Arnie and give myself a headache each week about who to leave on the bench haha
Arnie will be gone next week!

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Lucky wrote: 13 Jan 2019, 19:43 Kane for me, provided he stays fit. Injury worries after todays game
Still awaiting news on Kane's injury. Jesus banging in the goals - might he remain the main striker? His form might just leave Agüero for only the last 25 minutes instead of the first 70 minutes. Not sure whom to take now. :roll:

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

All roads lead to keeping Auba as the crow flies, Kane potentially out, Aguero benched with Jesus playing well and scoring a brace.

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”