To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Fat Franks Fanastic Fantasy Facilitator

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
jpk
Dumbledore

Fat Franks Fantastic Fantasy Facilitator

Post by jpk »

Here is an amazing web version created by ffstuff:
http://ffstuff.co.uk

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Dreamteam Ratings

Post by ffstuff »

I've just started adding some of this data to my site.

Just tinkering with some of the champions league/Europa league data this week at the moment.

Feel free to take a look and let me know if anything obvious amiss.

Hopefully gives abit more info on how the rating is obtained.

Once I know its working correctly, i'll then start to add the historical and upcoming matches after they complete , so if you do spot an issue please let me know

See yah

Frank

Edit: In case its not obvious, choose a date first (just the 11,12 & 13th have info so far while i test) , then the match drop down will populate, choose a match then the team drop down will populate, choose a team and then the player dropdown will populate, choose a player and see their ratings and associated parameters making that rating.

Like i've said before its an economy hosting plan to keep my costs down so it can take a few seconds to populate the dropdowns as you step through

www.ffstuff.co.uk

wolviebob
FISOhead
FS Record: King(s) of LWDT 2015-16; 'King of LWDT' 2014-15LWDT 'Hardly Mr Average' 2014-15; Fading star...

Re: Dreamteam Ratings

Post by wolviebob »

Thanks for this Frank. Interesting sruff but getting a bit detailed for me! I know plenty of people on here that it will appeal to though.

Loving the top 100 feature. Now all you need to do is stop man city conceding!

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

I think it’s amazing.

Maybe it will help us (or someone) crack the algorithm!!!!!

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Will take someone better than me :) - just looking at some stats, first yellow cards seem to have no effect (or very little) on players, compared to a straight red or second yellow

I will start running the scrape routine tonight to start importing all the premier league games at first (from August upto now) , it will take a while to run, lots of data to scrape and save into my database. I'll advise when its complete. Then start on the other comps.

http://www.ffstuff.co.uk/DreamTeamRatings.php

Stigtag1
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Stigtag1 »

Wow your website is the only place to go now for sun dream team info.

Well played Frank and thanks.

The only feedback for me would be to make your fixtures grid as user friendly as cbn's, his is the best!

You only need to look at his grid for 5 secs and its clear who has the easiest fixtures due to layout, colour, simplicity etc.

Fixture's grid is probably the most important piece of sun dream team info.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

If we’re throwing in feedback;

Is it possible to keep the column headings/rows (a la freezing panes on Excel).

When viewing on a mobile you have to scroll for ages so you often lose context of what you’re looking at.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

All premier league game data is now uploaded for this season to date

Frank

P.S Will take your feedback on board :)

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Been busy this week, just got round to the champions league, all games including premier league clubs are now uploaded in the dream team ratings

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

all now uploaded, some of the cup games didn't have the full stats on Whoscored even though they involved premier league clubs
I'll give it all a better layout/selection method at some point but all the data is there.

the calendar shows red outlines on days that there is match data for

See yah

Frank

Stigtag1
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Stigtag1 »

Great stuff frank thanks

Jules
Grumpy Old Web Guru

Post by Jules »

Love your work Frank. Two things...

Firstly, with the fixtures can you indicate which team is at home and which team is away? Maybe capitals on the row where the team is at home...

Secondly, it’d be great to be able to filter the player list to create like a shortlist of players, so that you can compare their stats without having to have multiple windows to flick between. Perhaps a tick box at the start of each row and then a toggle at the top to show/hide unticked players. It’d be great if you could get back to the same list later on or post the link to some players on here, so maybe have a querystring parameter that re-ticks the shortlisted players when the page loads, with the URL to the shortlist shown under the toggle button updated dynamically as you tick or untick a player.

Also, I didn’t know you were on Words With Friends :D
727175D5-BA00-4C0B-A309-938BFB25D185.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

If you stick a Broom up his arse he cud sweep up at the same time :shock:

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

Have to agree,people do seem to be putting a lot on Frank (some folk never happy).
The guys done a lot of (generous) stuff off his own back.
Be happy with what you have/he has given🤔

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

I don't mind being asked for stuff, i'll always try and improve things; so as long as people arent constantly chasing me up to have it done, all suggestions are welcome.

I have now instigated the home/away request which was straight forward, so home games are shown with the opposition team name in capitals, away games with the opposition team name in lower case

Happy Christmas Y'all (and dot)

Frank :)

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Solid

Post by gutshot »

Great work Frank👏🏻👏🏻

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

All the above praise is well earned. Thanks for your work Frank.

Not sure if its already available or if it's even possible, but in the top 100 chart would it be feasible to show the managers' remaining number of transfers. Apologies if this is an impossible request.

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

I think its a tough one to get accurate with JPK having a similar issue trying to track transfers in the past also.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Striker wrote: 30 Dec 2018, 11:41 All the above praise is well earned. Thanks for your work Frank.

Not sure if its already available or if it's even possible, but in the top 100 chart would it be feasible to show the managers' remaining number of transfers. Apologies if this is an impossible request.

Good day Striker,

The issue here is that someone can make transfers the day before the monthly deadline and after it in that first week of the new month and there is no way of really knowing when the transfer has been made. Any measures put in place would never be 100% accurate. As a result I've not bothered and instead people can click on the team name, see the history and transfers used by week and make their own mind up. Again the transfers used by week is derived by seeing the difference between thee previous weeks team and this, again someone could well have made transfers after the 7am deadline and this will show in the previous week as there is no way of knowing the exact time of a transfer. Sometimes you will see 4 transfers in a week on a cross over, where someone has used their last remaining transfer up and then made the next 3 transfers.

I'm happy to try and put something in place if a consensus can be arrived at as to the "best" solution for all

See yah

Frank

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Hi Stigtag

They are all the stats that WhoScored have in their data behind the scenes on the match webpage
Who knows if they squirrel any more away that they simply do not show.

Its quite a miserable way of displaying the data at the moment, I really need to find some time to change this to where if you pick a match day it simply shows all the matches and players with their final rating and then a simple click on this rating gives the breakdown. It will be a whole lot more user friendly then than it is now. I just wanted to get the data available first

Frank

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

ffstuff wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 16:24 As a result I've not bothered and instead people can click on the team name, see the history and transfers used by week and make their own mind up.
Thanks. So I guess that if one makes a print out of the table of the top teams soon after 7 am on the first Friday of a month, one can use this together with clicking on a team name to see how exactly many transfers that manager has made that month?

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Won't you need to print it prior to the new transfers then again at 7am. Not sure any previous months transfers would show however until they play and at that point they could be the new months transfers!

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

No 'cos I printed it out earlier today and it already showed the transfer that I made late last night.

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

ronny10 wrote: 04 Jan 2019, 17:01 Won't you need to print it prior to the new transfers then again at 7am. Not sure any previous months transfers would show however until they play and at that point they could be the new months transfers!
Schoolboy stuff this Ron 😳, if a transfers made on a Thursday night it shows 7am after lockout lifted Friday morning...you knew this, you definitely knew this 🤔...😂🤷‍♂️🙈

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

So why can't frank or JPK work out if a transfer has been used last month or this month.

Never been one to follow other teams transfers to much so never really thought about it

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Ex-Pro-Gaffer wrote: 04 Jan 2019, 17:58
ronny10 wrote: 04 Jan 2019, 17:01 Won't you need to print it prior to the new transfers then again at 7am. Not sure any previous months transfers would show however until they play and at that point they could be the new months transfers!
Schoolboy stuff this Ron 😳, if a transfers made on a Thursday night it shows 7am after lockout lifted Friday morning...you knew this, you definitely knew this 🤔...😂🤷‍♂️🙈
Yes I knew that, but I'm on about following transfers from one month to the next so we know how many people have left on a given point in the month

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

It's locked in but can u see them straight away when looking at someone else's teams

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Striker wrote: 04 Jan 2019, 16:08
ffstuff wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 16:24 As a result I've not bothered and instead people can click on the team name, see the history and transfers used by week and make their own mind up.
Thanks. So I guess that if one makes a print out of the table of the top teams soon after 7 am on the first Friday of a month, one can use this together with clicking on a team name to see how exactly many transfers that manager has made that month?
I never got to the bottom of how quickly changes are shown for transfers made in the previous week, otherwise I would write something myself to do exactly what you say. But I thought some people were saying the changes didn't appear until the match started - maybe I heard wrong

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

By the way, its not finished yet, but the new ratings screen (http://ffstuff.co.uk/DreamTeamRatings.php)should hopefully be a vast improvement over what it was.

You can now simply choose the date from the menu , after a few seconds it will then show all the matches for that day and the player ratings. Clicking on the player name then brings up a modal window showing the analysis behind it from WhoScored

Frank

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Do you have to manually update the top 100 Frank or does it update automatically at a certain point each day

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”