To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Fantasy King - trying to challenge

A forum for discussion on the Combined FPL/TFF Side Competition run by DixieDean
Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Fantasy King - trying to challenge

Post by Vid »

Things didn't go well for me last season, mainly due to giving up on Sky by October, possibly making no transfers at all. Missing many weeks in SDT and TFF, using only a fraction of the transfer allocation in both along with missing a week here and there in FPL. Am I going to try harder this season? We'll see! One bonus is that our annual 2 week holiday around the time of MrsVid's birthday in October falls nicely during the International Break, teams can be set up on Fridays 5th October and I 'should' be home with enough time to set up teams on Saturday 20th October, might be a bit rushed to take in current injuries, but hopefully there'll be an easy to read thread or two to enable me to catch up quickly.

First rule of FF is to have players on the pitch scoring points, this hasn't worked too well for me in GW 1, 4 no shows in FPL and a couple of others that might as well have not bothered. Not panicking yet though, used my FT to replace the most expensive no show and hope that one or two of the others will get an outing this GW. 8th in the league, 30 points behind.

One no show and two zero scorers in SDT, these 3 are also in the FPL team, one transfer pending and I will have team news to enable a reversal and/ or further transfers if required, I don't want to blow all 3 transfers immediately, but I must remember to use them rather than lose them where I have weak links. 4th in the league 25 points behind.

TFF, one no show and 3 that only picked up points for turning up. If I believe that one or two transfers are required when team news comes out then I'll do so, trying to ensure any incoming players are likely to play and perform for several weeks ahead. 8th, 29 points behind.

Sky, the one I really didn't get on with last season, 2 no shows and 2 I expected more from other than just turning up. Not sure whether to make a change or two or hold onto transfers until after the refresh, my current thinking is to stick with what I've got and look at a reshuffle to get me through several more weeks before using transfers, unless there is a strong captaincy option I want to get in immediately. 5th, 18 points behind.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Re: Fantasy King - trying to challenge

Post by Spinynorman »

Some interesting musings there.

I am playing Sky for the first time. Quite like how challenging the budget is but I cannot for the life of me see how I will use 40 transfers. I presume the knack is to use them up to get decent captain picks. It is also these captain picks that I will inevitably forget at some point. :roll:

I have started okay in SDT but fell for the rumours regarding top world cup types not starting and of course most of them have but slotting them in is going to be a challenge.

FPL isn't going so well and I have already fallen for the price rise trap which was my downfall last season and I promised my self not to repeat. At least there is the wild card.

TFF has started well and I always see this as my main game. I think it also has some of the best side games on FISO. Oddly enough I seem to get slightly worse at this format which each new season. :?

Regarding holidays and the like for the last twenty odd years I have always been away from the Wednesday to Monday at the start of the season in a tent in a field with no internet. This year due to a change of plan regarding a special anniversary I have been around and lo and behold it is my best ever start in fantasy football. Let's hope I don't waste it.

I have also noticed that we are both signed up to the Fantasy King competition which should be interesting.

Good luck for the season. :)

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

Made the error off booking this years holiday to coincide with the season start but luckily wifi was ok.
So a few drunken changes/ new teams whilst in the bar and what looks like a mediocre start.
I tend not to put huge effort/ thought into my starting teams and just go with the flow from the start with the exception of the sun which is near impossible to rectify a bad start.

Will update the fantasy king league in a bit.

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

FPL - 2 no-shows, 5 single pointers, 4x 2 pointers, 8th in the league, 55 points behind, WC trigger pulled!

SDT - all 3 transfers for the month used, could have used them better, down to 6th and dropped to 56 points behind

TFF - 2 transfers used, decent week, up to 4th, 10 points behind

Sky - 2 transfers used, still in 5th but now 43 points behind

Wasn't intending to WC this early in FPL, but nothing ventured ............ even more points behind next week!
SDT needed something, something different to what I did.
Happy with the good TFF week, probably need to make another couple of changes for GW 3 to get better place fillers.
Sky, yeah, 3 more changes should be made or can I struggle through the next couple of GWs and not be 100+ behind by the reshuffle?

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

Wasn't sure where else to post this, interesting observation (I think, at least :?: )

Top 2 points scorers so far, per game
FPL - Mane (26), Alonso (24)
TFF - Mendy (24), Robertson (20)
Sky - Richarlison (33), Aguero (26)
Sun - Mane (31), Aguero (28)

6 different players across the first 3 games

Shows you can't just play all the games the same!

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Definitely need to be paying more attention to which players are more suited to which game rather than try to have a similar core throughout (not that I actually thought that way in the first place) and not to bring the same player into all 4 comps just because he scored well in one or two of them.

So, week 3

FPL - 14 turned up, one went for an early bath! Moved up one place to 7th and cut the lead by 2 to 53 points. Already taken a hit for GW4 to remove Richarlison and make another change. Reasonably happy with the current squad, a couple of place holders waiting to see who survives the international break in tact, got a few quid in the bank now too. Should bumble along okay for a few weeks, or not.

SDT - now 8th and 69 points behind, I think I see what I need to do, but it's going to take a couple of months worth of transfers to do it, can only fall further behind, shame I didn't use my Elite team, I'd be in the lead!

TFF - As with FPL moved up one place and gained 2 points on the leader, now 3rd 8pts behind. 4 transfers used so far and a Richarlison to deal with.

Sky - Up to 4th but still 43 points behind, no further transfers used, not intending to use any more transfers before the reshuffle, but I haven't checked to see if I have captaincy slots covered for GW4, still holding onto a no show in this one.

nffc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nffc »

My first time playing this multiplayer game so good to read a few other peoples thoughts too.

I am mainly a TFF player and its the only one I've played seriously and won money with before, hopefully I can do well enough in it to drag my other teams along to a half decent overall finish.

Having said that; I think I know how to play FPL, but usually forget about it at some point during the season due to lack of prize money to keep me interested. Hopefully I can keep up enough interest to register a respectable score in FPL with the added push of this game to stay focused.

Sun I normally enter my allocation of teams in August then let them rot until May so hopefully this will keep my mind on that to not wooden spoon in that one. Not very confident in this at all and I hate the easy budget and the way transfers work in it :(

Sky is a new one to me and the budget is far more challenging then the others (Sun = appears to be any 11 players you like, TFF = an enabler and probably not the ideal formation you want to stay in budget, FPL = More enablers than normal this year to get the big boys in) But my SKy team has 4 players at least that I would not consider picking at all in any of the others, I think I will sink badly in this one but I usually like tight budget games so looking forward to the challenge of trying to keep up!

Good luck all

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

WK 4

FPL - not quite a disaster but didn't go well, a couple of decent scorers, but mostly 1/2/3s, hit taken to potentially gain some more cash over the next couple of weeks, all well and good, but I need points! Dropped to 9th and 68 points behind, not the direction I thought I was headed in.

SDT - Now 10th out of 11 and 101 points behind, will probably use all 3 transfers for September ahead of the next matches, can only see myself going backwards now.

TFF - Still 3rd but only 3 points behind, hanging in there, bit of a worry to think like that after just 4 weeks!

Sky - Dropped one place to 5th and a few more points to be 49 points behind, 2 weeks to plan a decent reshuffle, bet I get it wrong!

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

My Teams:

Fpl must do better
Sun Where do I start
Sky- Trying harder this year and so far so good
tff- meh, not much in it, will probably keep up
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Kept this one going well didn't I? Probably gave a little more thought to the teams than the updates, but not much :-)

FPL - sitting in 9th, 'only' 108 points behind, with 18 GWs to go that's just 6 points a week needed to catch up, clearly doable, however highly unlikely! 2x 5m weeks, 2x 4m weeks, only 4 weeks in the top million.

SDT - also 9th, 117 points behind. Not been clever with transfers, ranging from making all 3 at the first opportunity to the 'use them or lose them' changes right at the end of the month, fair chance I've lost a few along the way. Definitely not considered mid-week games at any point this season and have suffered as a result.

TFF - in 3rd, 58 points behind, but have used way too many transfers trying to keep pace. The slide into the bottom half is inevitable sooner or later.

Sky - 7th, 270 points behind. Used too many transfers achieving nothing, missed a few captaincy choices, can only see the gap getting bigger, much bigger!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Combined FPL/TFF Side Competition”