To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Brooks

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
Mins
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 15th in 2010

Brooks

Post by Mins »

Merry Christmas everyone. Great time for catching up with family and friends and deliberating over fantasy football subs...

I couldn't see a thread about this chap, but his 2 goals yesterday must put him on people's radar. 60 points from 15 starts, 5 goals, 2 KCs. Looks like a great enabler to me. Am I missing something?

Mins
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Brooks

Post by Mins »

36 views but no responses in the first hour. I'm guessing this is thinking time?

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

He was out recently (injury?), was thought Stanislas may replace him when fit and now they have terrible fixtures for a bit.

Will be a great pick when fixtures clear up though.

jobmeister
Red & Blue Braces

Post by jobmeister »

Personally think there are better options as enablers at similar price ie Doherty,Pereyra and Maddison all at better points per game.Also sometimes rotates with Fraser.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Doesn't rotate with Fraser - Fraser is first choice as has been Brooks, though Stanislas largely injured. Both may get rested occasionally but that's different.

Mins
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mins »

I want to bring Kane in and am looking to offload Laporte and Sterling to do it (+0.2m). As a Liverpool fan, I am very happy that those 2 City players have been misfiring since I brought them in 3 weeks ago, but my fantasy team is not doing so well out of the deal, so thinking it's time to ditch. Everyone else in my team is doing a job for me so don't think they deserve the heave-ho as much as those 2. Anyway, I can afford Brooks + Kane (but can't afford Kane plus any of the other options above) so unless anyone can talk me out of it in the next 20 mins I'm pulling the trigger.

marcml987
Treebeard
FS Record: Poor

Post by marcml987 »

Well if it’s any consolation I got rid of Laporte, by using Brooks as a means of affording Kane.

You should have seen my face when I checked my team late yesterday and realised I had him in there.

Not sure if he’s a good long term bet, but he’s made me happy thus weekend.

hogweed
FISOhead
FS Record: Improving

Post by hogweed »

Mins wrote: 23 Dec 2018, 15:24 I want to bring Kane in and am looking to offload Laporte and Sterling to do it (+0.2m). As a Liverpool fan, I am very happy that those 2 City players have been misfiring since I brought them in 3 weeks ago, but my fantasy team is not doing so well out of the deal, so thinking it's time to ditch. Everyone else in my team is doing a job for me so don't think they deserve the heave-ho as much as those 2. Anyway, I can afford Brooks + Kane (but can't afford Kane plus any of the other options above) so unless anyone can talk me out of it in the next 20 mins I'm pulling the trigger.
Brave move getting rid of Sterling ! :shock:

Gunner
Cheetah

Post by Gunner »

hancockjr wrote: 23 Dec 2018, 12:28 He was out recently (injury?), was thought Stanislas may replace him when fit and now they have terrible fixtures for a bit.

Will be a great pick when fixtures clear up though.

Agree. With Spurs & Man Utd next other teams such as West Ham (Snodgrass) have better enablers.

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: SDT JM ELITE LEAGUE CHAMPION 2021

Post by Redrum2 »

Brooks has been on my radar for a while but haven’t been able to slot him as happy with my present enablers like Maddison, Doherty and others mentioned above. Recently had a slot available in my second best team but went for Snodgrass instead as West Ham had better fixtures than Bournemouth and Snodgrass takes set pieces.

Brooks is a good enabler but he is not what I call the ultimate or must have enabler. His price is decent at 2.6 but if he was say 2.1 he would be in a lot more teams. Doucoure last season at that kinda of price was great also Steve Cook at that similar price the season before. Camarasa looks decent at 2.6 as well (on penalties and good chance of KCs) plus keeping on a eye on Redmond at 2.8 as Southampton show signs of improvement under new manager. Maybe Brooks gets overlooked in the crowd just as Wilson has.

Mins
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mins »

Cheers for the comments all. I went for Brooks and unlike some others, at least he is in the starting line up today so we will see if he can get me off to a good start. Like I said the other day, I didn't have a lot of options on who to bring in with Kane so i was very very happy after the Everton match no matter what. Hopefully the good feelings continue today...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”