To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

NFL chat 2018/19 season

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy National Football League (American Football) games
Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Re: NFL chat 2018/19 season

Post by Mo Bot »

Redskins should sign Kaepernick. I believe he’s quite popular with the VIP residents of the Washington area

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Mo Bot wrote: 18 Nov 2018, 21:45 Redskins should sign Kaepernick. I believe he’s quite popular with the VIP residents of the Washington area
He would politely decline their offer due to them having a racist name...

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Are you suggesting that Kaepernick and his advisers would collude to not sign for the Redskins because of their race(.....ism)? :lol:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Mo Bot wrote: 18 Nov 2018, 22:03 Are you suggesting that Kaepernick and his advisers would collude to not sign for the Redskins because of their race(.....ism)? :lol:
Well, won’t be an issue anyway, as an owner not prepared to listen to any criticism of the continued use of that team name certainly won’t be the one to break ranks from the other teams over this issue!

They need a backup as apparently they only have two QBs on the roster, so probably looking at the likes of Pickerman or Sicknote Sam...

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Chiefs 51 Rams 54

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Why do they have to put these games on at stupid o’clock here? Can only justify one day off to stay up and watch NFL per year...

Mahomes with 6 TDs, but his two picks late on seemingly cost them the win. Could be a Super Bowl preview, though Messrs. Brady, Brees and Roethlisberger might have something to say about that...

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Saints @ 4.33 look a lock to me right now

The Steelers defence has quietly gone about its business the last 6 weeks, giving up very few points

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

So, as we get to Thanksgiving and every team gets to the same number of games played...

AFC East: Pats only 2 games ahead, but not really in doubt. Their customary first round bye might be though... Miami still in it despite underwhelming offense, Buffalo and Jets need major overhauls.

AFC North: Steelers showing their class now. Baltimore and (somehow) Cincinnati still in the wildcard picture. Cleveland... well, it’s progress, even if they lose out from here.

AFC South: Houston on a 7-game streak look favourites. Indy have surprised and great to see a rejuvenated Luck, perhaps into January? Unpredictable Titans still in it as well. Jags were one-season wonders and need to reboot with a coach and QB change.

AFC West: KC still the class side and Mahomes takes some stopping, but picks his weakness a la Favre perhaps? Chargers should join them if they don’t trip themselves up. Denver and Oakland looking to the draft.

NFC East: Washington don’t look strong enough to get through with a backup QB. Dallas maybe favourites now with Zeke back to the fore. Philly’s stumble has become a slump. Even the 3-7 Giants could sneak it if they can get back to .500.

NFC North: Surprise package Chicago look the real deal. Vikings and Packers almost running out of chances now. Lions too unpredictable to put a run together.

NFC South: Brees and Saints look unstoppable right now. Panthers stumbling with a wild card place in theiw grasp. Falcons need to win out from here for a chance. Bucs with a lost season of QB flip-flopping.

NFC West: Only home field advantage to seal for the Rams now. Seattle tougher than expected but play-offs perhaps a long shot. Niners and Cards just examining the draft talent now.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Also, there’s 8 or 9 teams in with a chance of picking first in April... likely to come down to tie-breakers, if nobody goes worse than 3-13 or even 4-12.

From mocks I’ve seen it looks a defence-heavy draft, and those in need of offensive playmakers might be reaching (or trading).

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

A trio of divisional derbies for Thanksgiving tonight... the Bears travel to Detroit with a backup QB in action, so their league-leading defence might need to be on top form to avoid a banana-skin.

Washington obviously have a second-string QB themselves, with the prospect of Mark “Butt Fumble” Sanchez to step in if McCoy gets injured or tanks! If they can beat Dallas, though, they have a two-game lead with five to play.

In the late game, the juggernaut Saints host the struggling Falcons. It’s certainly not Matt Ryan’s fault that Atlanta are off the pace, though, and this promises to be a shoot-out, though one you would expect Brees to win.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Looks a real Thanksgiving turkey of a game so far... took 14 minutes for either side to cross midfield, and when it did happen it was through a 15-yard penalty! Scoreless at end of first quarter, needless to say...

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Browns 3 scores up in Cincinnati early doors (not good for Mo Bot’s prediction!)

I took the Bills Jags at over 34.5 so I’m happy with that start

And the Ravens take the lead against Oakland (the popular pick of the week in the predictions league)

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Looks like the defending champions have pretty much given up on the season...

I wonder what odds you could have got on the Giants when they were 1-7? If they make January, they win it all...

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 19:10 Looks like the defending champions have pretty much given up on the season...

I wonder what odds you could have got on the Giants when they were 1-7? If they make January, they win it all...
Thanks for jinxing my Pick :roll:

Don;t they have injury problems (esp Corner) and Wentz has hardly lived up to last season....?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 19:24
forestfan wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 19:10 Looks like the defending champions have pretty much given up on the season...

Don;t they have injury problems (esp Corner) and Wentz has hardly lived up to last season....?
Yeah, short of big play receivers as well, their tight end seems the biggest vertical threat... guess the QB hasn’t been blameless but you can only work with what you have around you, I don’t think he’s getting benched for Foles any time soon.

Seems so hard to build any sort of dynasty in the NFC, there’s so many divisions that change around every year. I think about 12 or 13 out of the 16 teams have made the Super Bowl this millennium (Dallas not among them!)

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 19:29
blahblah wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 19:24

Yeah, short of big play receivers as well, their tight end seems the biggest vertical threat... guess the QB hasn’t been blameless but you can only work with what you have around you, I don’t think he’s getting benched for Foles any time soon.

Seems so hard to build any sort of dynasty in the NFC, there’s so many divisions that change around every year. I think about 12 or 13 out of the 16 teams have made the Super Bowl this millennium (Dallas not among them!)
The Brit breaking kinda screwed them too...

Wishing I had gone with the gut and Cleveland - Manning is pants :evil: :lol:

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Eagles have a decimated secondary, thought Barkley may have some joy today

Hue Jackman defensive coordinator for the Bengals, having lead the Browns to a 2-36-1 record (or something like that) standing watching the boys he couldn’t motivate destroy is current employers (of whom he’s employed to handle defensive duties)

Irony or what..!

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

I don’t think we’re watching a single serious super bowl contender in the 6 o’clock kick offs, although it wouldn’t surprise me if NE turn it up in the post season as usual

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

TheTon wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 19:50 Eagles have a decimated secondary, thought Barkley may have some joy today

Hue Jackman defensive coordinator for the Bengals, having lead the Browns to a 2-36-1 record (or something like that) standing watching the boys he couldn’t motivate destroy is current employers (of whom he’s employed to handle defensive duties)

Irony or what..!
Hue Jackson actually... but the actor Hugh Jackman wouldn’t do any worse :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

TheTon wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 19:52 I don’t think we’re watching a single serious super bowl contender in the 6 o’clock kick offs, although it wouldn’t surprise me if NE turn it up in the post season as usual
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: A bit harsh on Cleveland :wink:

The Pats have had a good 10 mins, after looking mediocre and I sense a WC Match for them - or do they play pants on purpose to sucker teams in January?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 20:28
TheTon wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 19:52 I don’t think we’re watching a single serious super bowl contender in the 6 o’clock kick offs, although it wouldn’t surprise me if NE turn it up in the post season as usual
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: A bit harsh on Cleveland :wink:

The Pats have had a good 10 mins, after looking mediocre and I sense a WC Match for them - or do they play pants on purpose to sucker teams in January?
Well, they’ve usually hit their stride by now. They’re probably competing with Pittsburgh for a first round bye, and the Steelers are the form side. Nobody will want to face the Pats in January (or even February) though, wherever they end up...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Or the Texans, the other 2 play each other on 16th Dec. But they are more likely to be 3rd Seed as Steelers have that half point, and Pats won the H2H.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Anyway, someone obviously told the Giants players at HT, “Stop screwing up our draft position, we need to be high enough to take the first QB off the board”...

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

A couple of much-maligned QBs exit stage for now at least... Andy Dalton ruled out for the season for the slumping Bungles, and Blake Bortles finally benched by the freefalling Jags. With both teams’ seasons effectively over, will they be looking to the QB market in the spring? I think we can say so just about with certainty in the case of Jax... they could ruin NYG’s plans to take the first one off the draft board if they keep losing like this.

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Chiefs release star running back Kareem Hunt after it emerged he lied about a domestic abuse incident in a hotel. Big loss for the Chiefs but what a statement!

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

TheTon wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 07:56 Chiefs release star running back Kareem Hunt after it emerged he lied about a domestic abuse incident in a hotel. Big loss for the Chiefs but what a statement!
You have to admire them for shooting themselves in the foot in football terms over something like this... The Niners doing it with Reuben Foster in a lost season is one thing, but the (former?) AFC favourites making a stand like this, it might cost them a title but will certainly win them support, if the incident is as serious as suggested.

With the trade deadline long gone (unless the league reward them by making an exception and allow them to swap their first round pick for a star RB from a team whose season is over?), do they have a capable backup or a free agent they can pick up? I don’t think Mahomes can do it all with no running game. The customary NE-PIT championship game just moved somewhat closer.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Washington could be quite good if they grab him too and both are free to play next season.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 21:12 Washington could be quite good if they grab him too and both are free to play next season.
A racist team name and two wife-beaters in their ranks? And based in (well, near) Trumpton itself, they will truly be America’s Team, I’m sure...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 21:26
blahblah wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 21:12 Washington could be quite good if they grab him too and both are free to play next season.
A racist team name and two wife-beaters in their ranks? And based in (well, near) Trumpton itself, they will truly be America’s Team, I’m sure...
Hmmm, yes: so Dallas will trump them?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Packers fire Mike McCarthy after 13 years... defeat to the Crads the final straw!

A big appointment for them in the off-season, finding someone who can maximise Rodgers’ last few prime years.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy NFL”