To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFF chit chat 30 November, 1st and 2nd December

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

TFF chit chat 30 November, 1st and 2nd December

Post by morganb »

FRIDAY 30TH NOVEMBER

Cardiff 20:00 Wolves

The rare beast that is the Friday Night Fixture makes an appearance this week. The Welsh Wizards from Wales welcome Wolves to the aptly named Cardiff Stadium in Cardiff. Both teams are relative new comers to the Premier League with this being a Championship fixture last season. Wolves have settled better than Cardiff though the Bluebirds are no longer rock bottom.

SATURDAY 1ST DECEMBER

Crystal Palace 15:00 Burnley

No early match for the second week running so straight into the 3 o’clocks. First up is 16th place Palace versus 17th place Burnley. I didn’t realise that these two teams were so close in the table. From a fantasy football perspective I guess Zaha and Wan-Bissaka are the only ones of interest here.

Huddersfield 15:00 Brighton

Uddersfield are up next, taking on the Seagulls of Brighton (and Hove actually). Brighton are sat fairly comfortably in mid-table whereas Uddersfield are rather surprisingly up to the heady heights of 15th. Mooy put in a good performance for the Terriers last weekend. Brighton have Murray and the double Ds in defence.

Leicester 15:00 Watford

The Foxes welcome the Hornets to the King Power – sounds more like a episode of Nature Watch to me! Vardy came off the bench to score the equalising penalty last time out. Watford’s roller-coaster has started on a downward slope at the moment having only got 1 point from their last three games.

Man City 15:00 Bournemouth

At the Ethiad, Bournemouth are the visitors. City got a hard fought draw in the Champion’s League during the week. Surprisingly Bournemouth haven’t won a single League game in the month of November, and I don’t expect that stat to change today now we're into December.

Newcastle 15:00 West Ham

Newcastle’s results have started to pick up recently and they are gradually working their way up the table, level in points with today’s opponents, West Ham. The Hammers have a couple of useful players in Anderson and Arnautovic (fitness permitting) .

Southampton 17:30 Man Utd

Saturday’s late match features Manchester United against Southampton. Mark Hughes is probably favourite for the sack at the moment but a win against Man Utd will probably buy him a week or two. United played in midweek with a barely recognisable Fellani getting the winner.

SUNDAY 2ND DECEMBER

Chelsea 12:00 Fulham

Pickled Wasabi – it’s a London derby! Welcome to derby Sunday, where first up is a South London clash between Chelsea and Fulham. Bottom side Fulham are still under the influence of the fabled new manager bounce, will it continue today? Fourth place Chelsea won in the Europa League with a heavily changed side.

Arsenal 14:05 Tottenham

Shredded Kohlrabi – another London derby! This time it’s of the North London variety. This could be classed as a real six-pointer with the two teams sat in fifth and third respectively. Will Harry blow the Gunner’s doors off or can Arsenal be victorious over their rivals?

Liverpool 16:15 Everton

And finally, yet another derby – this time it’s Liverpool versus Everton at Anfield. Liverpool lost in mid-week but their League form has been good. Everton are scoring goals at the moment with Siggy and his spiders being in good form and Richarlison scoring for club and country.

Next matches Tuesday / Wednesday

Eddie Elbows
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 400 finisher TFF 2007/8, 2010/11 and TFF World Cup 2010

Re: TFF chit chat 30 November, 1st and 2nd December

Post by Eddie Elbows »

Pickled wasabi! You're almost giving Tennyson a run for his money Morgan.

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: a 2nd and 9th place in TFF

Post by buttonphobic »

Maddison serving his one match ban in the EFL cup midweek was a surprise! Luckily kept him in 7 of my teams.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Friday night Forgot there was Football.

Oh, it's only Wolves & Cardiff. Normal weekend then....

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

Come on on all you Coady holders, get out here! ;)

And Jimenez for that matter after a pile on there in our single entrant thread.

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

I think there might be some heavy rotation with City. Seemed like a very strong team picked in midweek and were given a tough game.

Canaryfan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF Best Finish: 28th

Post by Canaryfan »

And there goes the Coady/ Rui Patricio clean sheet again :(

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Why do I bother even hoping.....

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

/sigh

Canaryfan
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Canaryfan »

Will probably hang on to the keeper, but precious few options to replace Coady with a budget of 3.0M and not wanting to make any other changes right now to generate more funds. Chilwell looking about the best option in a game of barrel scraping!

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

Same here. I'm just repeating to myself, he's only an enabler, he's only an enabler!

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

High: 6

Low: 0

Best team: 6

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Would it be mad to upgrade Coady, funded by downgrading Aguero to Sterling? Would struggle to get a 2nd striker back in later.

Getting, say, Laporte would cost 0.2m. Also means keeping Hazard (who was potentially going for Sterling)

marcml987
Treebeard
FS Record: Poor

Post by marcml987 »

murf wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 11:31 Would it be mad to upgrade Coady, funded by downgrading Aguero to Sterling? Would struggle to get a 2nd striker back in later.

Getting, say, Laporte would cost 0.2m. Also means keeping Hazard (who was potentially going for Sterling)
Probably not answering your question directly sir. But the ability to bring Kane in easily feels like a priority to me. But you may have him already.

I’m sure I’m not alone in hoping for a change in form for Hazard. But I’ll probably upgrade him to Kane facilitated by downgrading Coady to Wan-Bissaka.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

I've got Kane, Hazard, Salah and Aguero hence finding it hard to afford Sterling. All have big cons to selling (including easy fixtures this weekend for City/Chelsea).

Obi Wan Bissaka feels like a tinker as their form isn't much better than Wolves'

marcml987
Treebeard

Post by marcml987 »

murf wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 12:13 I've got Kane, Hazard, Salah and Aguero hence finding it hard to afford Sterling. All have big cons to selling (including easy fixtures this weekend for City/Chelsea).

Obi Wan Bissaka feels like a tinker as their form isn't much better than Wolves'
Thanks. I was wondering about him being a tinker. My hungover brain also led me to thinking I’d save some money by doing so. So wrong.

I’d be tempted to do the Laporte/Sterling move myself.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

murf wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 12:13 I've got Kane, Hazard, Salah and Aguero hence finding it hard to afford Sterling. All have big cons to selling (including easy fixtures this weekend for City/Chelsea).

There seems to be a view forming on here that Sterling will be rested today which would give you another week to ponder. I’ve been living without Kane for most of the season and it’s allowed me to hold all your remaining 3 plus Sterling and have a very decent defence. I’ve been thinking that rather than upsetting that template to get Kane (feels like I’ll need to soon), I may drop Aguero :shock:

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

Aguero to Kane pencilled in for several teams on Wednesday night.

Canaryfan
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Canaryfan »

marcml987 wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 12:11 by downgrading Coady to Wan-Bissaka.
Coady to Wan-Bissaka is actually a 0.1m upgrade.

marcml987
Treebeard

Post by marcml987 »

Canaryfan wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 13:07
marcml987 wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 12:11 by downgrading Coady to Wan-Bissaka.
Coady to Wan-Bissaka is actually a 0.1m upgrade.
My hungover brain didn’t compute

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Jamjack wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 12:36

There seems to be a view forming on here that Sterling will be rested today which would give you another week to ponder. I’ve been living without Kane for most of the season and it’s allowed me to hold all your remaining 3 plus Sterling and have a very decent defence. I’ve been thinking that rather than upsetting that template to get Kane (feels like I’ll need to soon), I may drop Aguero :shock:
If any of Laporte/Sterling/Aguero are rested then my dilemma probably solves itself.

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Post by brencarr »

Go and wash your mouth out right now!

Midlander
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Up the Villa

Post by Midlander »

Aguero not in the squad

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

City XI | Ederson, Danilo, Laporte, Otamendi, Zinchenko, Fernandinho (C), Gundogan, Bernardo, Sane, Sterling, Jesus

Subs | Muric, Walker, Kompany, Delph, Silva, Mahrez, Foden

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Washing out my mouth as we speak.....

Alas, I was already 451 in a couple of teams so had to upgrade Maddison rather than Coady

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

brencarr wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 14:01

Go and wash your mouth out right now!
The wife and kids may go away for the weekend and leave me in peace...

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

Darbyand wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 12:39 Aguero to Kane pencilled in for several teams on Wednesday night.
Now considering whether and extra game versus Arsenal is worth taking over Agueros away game against Watford. Me thinks it’s might be.

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

I love these gameweeks .... decisions decisions. HIstory (in my case) suggests moving away from the keyboard

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

Same here. Only thing I'm considering is an early Kane introduction but not convinced about that. safk.

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

Jamjack wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 14:39
Darbyand wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 12:39 Aguero to Kane pencilled in for several teams on Wednesday night.
Now considering whether and extra game versus Arsenal is worth taking over Agueros away game against Watford. Me thinks it’s might be.
Hadn't noticed that, stop tempting me!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”