To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

single entrant stories

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
Midlander
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Up the Villa

Re: single entrant stories

Post by Midlander »

Richarlison is a big doubt for today and may not play.

marcml987
Treebeard
FS Record: Poor

Post by marcml987 »

Yard of Grass wrote: 11 Nov 2018, 09:29 Taking a view that Richarlison is more likely to score better points than Mitrovic, isn't hanging on for any extra game a false economy? Would back Richarlison, even vs Chelsea, against Mitro vs Liverpool so is the time now not later?
But as Midlander says he’s a serious doubt to play.

My plan (if it warrants such a description) is to forego Gomez this week and swap Mit to Rich (as long as he makes the bench at the very least).

I’m trying to exercise a degree of caution in my use of subs. As I sit top of my mates league and am hoping those around me are burning transfers to catch up.

That said Robertson is a doubt (according to something/someone I read on fiso) and I may just throw caution to the wind and do both and hope Richarlison plays some part in Everton match.

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 32nd TFF 2014-15 (Single entrant)

Post by Yard of Grass »

Waiting for Everton line up makes sense. Sort of conundrum those with multiple teams never really have which I think makes managing one team more challenging.

How many transfers left? Based on one a week I am ok with 29 at this point which I hope will take me to Christmas. Will then consider Aguero to Kane or just making room for Kane!

marcml987
Treebeard

Post by marcml987 »

Yard of Grass wrote: 11 Nov 2018, 10:30 Waiting for Everton line up makes sense. Sort of conundrum those with multiple teams never really have which I think makes managing one team more challenging.

How many transfers left? Based on one a week I am ok with 29 at this point which I hope will take me to Christmas. Will then consider Aguero to Kane or just making room for Kane!
I’m in a similar position.

31 left. But trying hard not to be trigger happy, have never done multiple teams. Would absorb me too much and confuse the hell out of me.

Just had a chat with a mate who’s an Everton supporter. Word on the forums is he trained yesterday and has travelled to London.

However there was a midweek friendly and Niasse and Tosun played and were good.

Whichever approach I take will turn out to be wrong. Schurle will score as will Sigurdsson

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I have Lac as an Eden stop gap, although it's obviously a tad more complicated than that, but I would be reverting back to 4-5-1. I have done well with Alisson, VvD, Robbo, Mendy and Alonso (with some Trips thrown in), so if 5-4-1 was viable then I would have gone 5-3-2 when I dumped Maddi for Ross - I know this could be very stupid.

However, and this is the relevant bit to the question\decision above: the recent rise of Morata provides a Lac alternative, so 5-3-2 may be sustainable this season with Kun\Kane plus Lac\Morata up top.

For some reason, well last weekend's match, Bellerin is tempting me for today, as I am not slow in correcting mistakes ie Ross and can squeeze an extra match out of him; or do I go Laporte? Spurs and MU really do not appeal; 3 is enough from Lpool and is a Chelsea bod worth it, without the attacking threat of Alonso?

Back to the question re Mitro, Maddi: go get a good defender :wink:

marcml987
Treebeard

Post by marcml987 »

blahblah wrote: 11 Nov 2018, 12:32 I have Lac as an Eden stop gap, although it's obviously a tad more complicated than that, but I would be reverting back to 4-5-1. I have done well with Alisson, VvD, Robbo, Mendy and Alonso (with some Trips thrown in), so if 5-4-1 was viable then I would have gone 5-3-2 when I dumped Maddi for Ross - I know this could be very stupid.

However, and this is the relevant bit to the question\decision above: the recent rise of Morata provides a Lac alternative, so 5-3-2 may be sustainable this season with Kun\Kane plus Lac\Morata up top.

For some reason, well last weekend's match, Bellerin is tempting me for today, as I am not slow in correcting mistakes ie Ross and can squeeze an extra match out of him; or do I go Laporte? Spurs and MU really do not appeal; 3 is enough from Lpool and is a Chelsea bod worth it, without the attacking threat of Alonso?

Back to the question re Mitro, Maddi: go get a good defender :wink:
As long as it’s not Mendy, who’s just had an op on his (other) knee.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Seriously?

Midlander
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Midlander »

Mendy to Laporte or Gomez? Help a man decide.

Ederson Alonso Robertson Mendy currently so double up on City or Liverpool?

marcml987
Treebeard

Post by marcml987 »

Midlander wrote: 24 Nov 2018, 13:07 Mendy to Laporte or Gomez? Help a man decide.

So I’m in the same situation, have Coady as well.

I’m going Gomez, in part because of his price.

My dilemma is Madisson to Jiménez or Anderson?

marcml987
Treebeard

Post by marcml987 »

marcml987 wrote: 24 Nov 2018, 14:03
Midlander wrote: 24 Nov 2018, 13:07 Mendy to Laporte or Gomez? Help a man decide.

So I’m in the same situation, have Coady as well.

I’m going Gomez, in part because of his price.

My dilemma is Madisson to Jiménez or Anderson?
And he doesn’t start or even get on bench. Damn

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

That was my choice as well, hmm what to do. Sit tight i think.

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

I didn't sit tight and went to Laporte. Going to make getting Kane back in interesting but there you go. What did anyone else do?

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

It was Mendy to Jiminez for me, moving from 4-5-1 to 3-5-2.

62 points this week, ticking along nicely, and very happy with my current position of 2,209.

Sieben
FISOhead

Post by Sieben »

Mendy to Jimenez plus Trippier to Doherty also now 3-5-2. Only 44 sees me drop to 2727. Going to bin Doherty after Cardiff game. Best to rectify a bad transfer straight away. No City midfield is costing me. Hazard is also toast for me.

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

Jiminez seemed like a popular option!

55 all in for me. Sitting just outside top 2k.

Like you Sieben, Hazard is definitely on his way out with the injury news which will potentially (and only partly annoyingly) fund my move back for Kane if I decide to go there.

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Yard of Grass »

Sieben wrote: 26 Nov 2018, 13:16 Mendy to Jimenez plus Trippier to Doherty also now 3-5-2. Only 44 sees me drop to 2727. Going to bin Doherty after Cardiff game. Best to rectify a bad transfer straight away. No City midfield is costing me. Hazard is also toast for me.
Similar story here. Down c1k to 3k and no Sterling. Swap for Hazard seems the option and then Aguero to Kane.

Quin
FISOhead

Post by Quin »

61>678>8159 slowing ticking up. Mendy left for Laporte

marcml987
Treebeard

Post by marcml987 »

Where do you all stand on Aguero to Kane.

I’m 451 and have Sterling, Hazard, Salah, Rich.

Is it a tinker?

muldoon
FISOhead
FS Record: many years playing TFF, still learning the FPL ropes

Post by muldoon »

I'm keeping Aguero for now, looks like he will be back for the next game.

I'm planning on getting in Kane too and rocking them both up front, and Hazard is the one making way for me.

marcml987
Treebeard

Post by marcml987 »

muldoon wrote: 02 Dec 2018, 09:52 I'm keeping Aguero for now, looks like he will be back for the next game.

I'm planning on getting in Kane too and rocking them both up front, and Hazard is the one making way for me.
I’m trying to plan for both but requires a few transfers. Thanks for your help

Quin
FISOhead

Post by Quin »

Did the aguero to Auba hokeypokey and so far so good

58>736>6570 moved up another 2k with 29 trannies left

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

Got Kane in but then lost my mind a little as spooked by my sl catching up (and my hangover) and put an extra few Lvpl players in for the 3-1.

Anyway:

52>773>2068

Midlander
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Midlander »

Arnie to Wilson a no brainer? Will he keep this up or have I missed the boat with him? Can't see anyone else who stands out for around the same price.

marcml987
Treebeard

Post by marcml987 »

Midlander wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 08:23 Arnie to Wilson a no brainer? Will he keep this up or have I missed the boat with him? Can't see anyone else who stands out for around the same price.
You’d have to say it’s worth it. So consistent and assists too.

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

I went Aguero-Kane (now have Kane and Jiminez up top) and seems to be working so far, this week was...

36 > 812 > 1,895

Only 22 transfers left though, I have been using them up pretty steadily!

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Yard of Grass »

33>788>4113 In free fall. Another 400 places shed this week!😤

muldoon
FISOhead

Post by muldoon »

I seem to be taking 2 steps backwards and one forwards at the moment.

36 pts this week didn't seem too bad considering I had only 6 starters this week, which was pretty brutal.

Last weeks 59 was good but the previous weeks 35 was Eric Dier, and I've dropped to 11,577th.

I do still have Aguero and am hoping he back next game, and am otherwise happy with my team.

I've shifted the 4-5-1 I've been playing all season so far, to 4-4-2, and have 31 transfers remaining, so looking forward to going on a transfer frenzy in the New Year.

What formation are you fellow singles running with at the moment?

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

Absolute disaster for me this week and lost my sl lead and dropped about 1k places.

24>797>3087

All my little tinkers from last few weeks came back to haunt me (and score) and a few tasty injuries on top. I am desperately trying not to panic sub but one has to be for Gomez injury. Laporte the safe choice but I quite fancy Trippier as cheaper and their run (or not, got a bloody injury again!.

Currently playing 442 (only since last week) but have been 451 mostly before that. I was doing ok on subs but somehow went a bit nuts trying to be clever (oh dear) over last 3 weeks so must just hang tight till the new year.

muldoon
FISOhead

Post by muldoon »

Its a nervy time of year for us managers, and a few hairs went grey or fell out last week for sure!

Bah so looks like Aguero is going to miss today too, so I think my 442 experiment is over before it got going :oops: .

I have no City mids so was going to do Aguero :arrow: Sterling and go back to 451. But I don't have any Arsenal either and they have a juicy run and look worthy of investment, and Huddersfield with no Billing could get hammered today I think, so am very tempted by Auba, hmmm decisions :?

Sieben
FISOhead

Post by Sieben »

34 plus 60 for the week. 4 to play. No transfers used. 867 points.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”