To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

How to stop the drift

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
Gonzague
FISOhead

How to stop the drift

Post by Gonzague »

I wonder if I can pick your brains FISOers

I'm in my usual super league but seem to be drifting away from the leaders (80 point gap already) due to Liverpool and Chelsea block defences, with a splattering of Lacazettes have been doing me damage. I keep looking at my team and wonder how I can improve it, and my brainwaves like bringing in Firmino last week for a misfiring Kane aren't working either.

My not so great line up is

Ederson
Robertson
Alonso
Coady
Bennett
Hazard
Salah
Bilva
Maddison
Aguero
Firmino

32 transfers left.

It all feels solid but without selling someone like Hazard or Alonso, I'm finding it hard to get the funds in to make any notable changes, hence my cry for help!

bluepeter
Treebeard
FS Record: nothing of any note

Re: How to stop the drift

Post by bluepeter »

I have 8 of those players. Identical defence.
I have exactly the same thinking of my team.... solid, but unlikely to win something
I think this is the year of the premium defender, and the occasional cheap points earned by Bennett et al are lost compared to the regular returns of city/liv def.
Am considering the tinker today to switch Bennett and /or coady to premium defenders, and bsilva might need to be the fall guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midlander
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Up the Villa

Post by Midlander »

Mane instead of Firmino frees up £1.1m straight away.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

I'd keep Firmino today. Has scored in 5 out of 6 games v Arsenal (and will set a club record of 4 on the trot v Arsenal if he scores today).

Agree about the defender (Mendy or Trippier?) - maybe downgrading someone like Bilva or Firmino after today)

Gonzague
FISOhead

Post by Gonzague »

Thanks, I did bring in Firmino on the back of the Red Star game only for Klopp to say he played in a more of a number 10 role against Cardiff. LFC's fixtures are tempting but so it Man City's solid defence

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

murf wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 11:17 I'd keep Firmino today. Has scored in 5 out of 6 games v Arsenal (and will set a club record of 4 on the trot v Arsenal if he scores today).

Agree about the defender (Mendy or Trippier?) - maybe downgrading someone like Bilva or Firmino after today)
Bobby must be a hold with the mighty Fulham defence going to Anfield next?

Does Bilva give enough cash to dump the cheap defenders for a 5-3-2?

Gonzague
FISOhead

Post by Gonzague »

blahblah wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 14:05
murf wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 11:17 I'd keep Firmino today. Has scored in 5 out of 6 games v Arsenal (and will set a club record of 4 on the trot v Arsenal if he scores today).

Bobby must be a hold with the mighty Fulham defence going to Anfield next?

Does Bilva give enough cash to dump the cheap defenders for a 5-3-2?
Alas, no.

I'd have £9.9m if i sold Bilva and the 2 Wolves defenders. Gomez would be a no brainer but 2 spots would need filling

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Hmmm, not good - but then 4 Premium's is a lot?

I have a Lpool\Che\MC GK and defence with Kun, Salah and Lac - with the latter to become Eden when he starts - and Rich, Maddi and Schurrle.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”