To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFF chit chat 27th, 28th and 29th October

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

TFF chit chat 27th, 28th and 29th October

Post by morganb »

SATURDAY 27TH OCTOBER

Brighton 15:00 Wolves

No early fixture this week, so straight into the 3 o’clocks. First up alphabetically is Brighton versus Wolves. Brighton are entering a run of easier games now however, rather worryingly for them, Glenn Murray came off injured last weekend. Wolves are still the best of the newly-promoted sides but suffered a set-back last weekend with a defeat by Watford. Guess all your early-season Jotas have now gone?

Fulham 15:00 Bournemouth

Next, to Craven Cottage where lowly Fulham take on high flying Bournemouth. Fulham are unable to keep a clean sheet at present and shipped four against fellow strugglers Cardiff last time out. Bournemouth are doing exceptionally well this season but were held to a nil-nil last weekend.

Liverpool 15:00 Cardiff

At Anfield, the Welsh Wizards from Wales are the visitors. Liverpool are still in joint top of the table despite a perceived tailing off in form. Cardiff won for the first time last weekend, have they now got the taste for winning ways? Liverpool will probably be relishing this match, especially now their injury woes have abated slightly.

Southampton 15:00 Newcastle

Down at St Mary’s Stadium, Britannia Rd, Southampton, Hampshire. SO14 5FP we have an 11-a-side football match between Southampton Football Club and Newcastle United Football Club. There could be winners and losers today, or it might all end in a draw.

Watford 15:00 Huddersfield

The last of the 3pm matches sees Watford, who won away from home last time out, up against Uddersfield who narrowly lost last weekend against Liverpool. Uddersfield have been rooted in the bottom three all season and are unlikely to get a win against a rather erratic Watford side. Doubt you have any players from either of these sides though.

Leicester 17:30 West Ham

Saturday’s late match sees West Ham travelling to the King Power Stadium to take on Leicester. This could be a close match as both teams battle for mid-table mediocrity. Yarmolenko is out for a while but with a match featuring Vardy and Arnautovic there are likely to be a few goals.

SUNDAY 28TH OCTOBER

Burnley 13:30 Chelsea

Sunday kicks off with Chelsea visiting Fortress Turf Moor to take on Burnley. Chelsea got a last gasp equaliser against Man Utd at the weekend and a comfortable CL win, whereas Burnley were on the end of a 5-nil drubbing at the hands of Man City. Could home advantage provide a psychological boost to the Clarets defence?

Crystal Palace 13:30 Arsenal

Ken and Barbie – a London derby! This probably isn’t the best of times for Crystal Palace to be facing Arsenal as the Eagles haven’t won in 4 games whilst Arsenal haven’t lost a League match since mid-August. Arsenal currently have a formidable strike force, even when one of them starts on the bench! Palace are relying on a man named Wilf.

Man Utd 16:00 Everton

Sunday’s late match features an under-pressure Manchester United side taking on Everton at Old Trafford. United will be expected to get a result today however Everton will not be an easy opponent after they eked out a win against Palace last Sunday.

MONDAY 29TH OCTOBER

Tottenham 20:00 Man City

The MNF is also the biggest match of the weekend, with top of the table Manchester City visiting 5th-place Spurs. Harry is still blowing (the doors off) hot and cold at present but scored in the Champions League. City won in midweek so confidence will be high but there is always the chance of rotation with Pep.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: TFF chit chat 27th, 28th and 29th October

Post by murf »

Crikey, its like the clocks have gone back 24 hours early and by way too much. No (fantasy) footie action til 3 and even the F1 predictions don't need to be in til late due to the GP being held in a backwards* country.

Not sure I want/need/should do any transfers anyway. Maybe a City player but even that isn't til Monday.

No wonder the tumbleweed is blowing through this thread like the breeze through Ken and Barbie's ears.

(* timewise)

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 2nd (08/09) and 9th (20/21). Led TFF in Feb of 23/24 eventually finishing up??

Post by buttonphobic »

Poor Morgan must have thought he'd done something wrong! There seems to be only one issue and that's Hazard. But unfortunately we won't know anything until after most other teams have played. Also length of time out with a back injury is a how long is a piece of string question and is it worth burning a few transfers to get him back in again, probably in a weeks time?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

buttonphobic wrote: 27 Oct 2018, 11:33 Poor Morgan must have thought he'd done something wrong! There seems to be only one issue and that's Hazard. But unfortunately we won't know anything until after most other teams have played. Also length of time out with a back injury is a how long is a piece of string question and is it worth burning a few transfers to get him back in again, probably in a weeks time?
I'm hoping Hazard was just rested as a precaution in midweek and will be, ahem, back tomorrow. Bit early to jump on the KdBandwagon and I don't trust anyone else (Citeh rotation, Aubamabench and Mane form)

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

Whilst we're waiting and chatting hypothetical transfer action, I noticed Blah said recently he'd taken a Kane holiday and I'm wondering about some diversification in my teams. Most have Kane, and if he went down to an Arnie or a Mitrovic I could do some damage in midfield to add to the defences which are delivering week in week out.

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 2nd (08/09) and 9th (20/21). Led TFF in Feb of 23/24 eventually finishing up??

Post by buttonphobic »

Well I've transferred out all my Kanes.....at least for now.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

Im not feeing the love for Kane just now but I seem to have done brilliantly this year in making sure Ive dropped him from my team when he is scoring braces and having him in my team when he is doing nothing. I don’t have him just now so that may be a very good reason to hold.

Hazard to laca was a gamble I made in a few teams last week once the back injury rumour started (opened a potential 3 for 0). Again that probably point toward a return against Burnley and at least 2 goals.

I’ll be taking both disappointments on the chin (no transfers).

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man

Post by buttonphobic »

I bow down to you sir. I didn't have the cojones to do Haz to Lacazette last week. Wish I had at least in a team that needs to make up ground.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I rage, knee-jerked him out after the Spurs shocker against Cardiff for Lac who got 12 the same weekend, and is probably my route to KdB as soon as he starts. Edit: I'm not convinced Lac is the settled starter for the long term as I think that Auba is the favoured son who will start when he fires - I was surprised Lac didn't start midweek, but then Auba didn't exactly light up the night, so Lac could\should be safe for a while yet.

I didn't know there was a Free (One Team) League where my Eggs are only 8 points off the Top 100 :shock: 8-)
Last edited by blahblah on 27 Oct 2018, 12:39, edited 1 time in total.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

Come 4.30pm tomorrow I could be looking for the dog to kick (figure of speech - honest)

Sieben
FISOhead

Post by Sieben »

Only put Hazard in for the Southampton game in place of Aubameyang. Don't think he will make the bench tomorrow. If he doesn't I think I will give him the boot. It's why we have 40 transfers.

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

Was mulling over taking out Hazard from all my teams and switching to Salah who came out a few weeks back. Decided I had to have them both in the end. Not sure what's best.

jjmatadormc
FISOhead
FS Record: Euro 2016 TFF Predictor Winner

Post by jjmatadormc »

Hazard injury is a nuisance, all the Salah infidels get to bring him back in now for a cupcake match.

Sweating whether Gomez will be in the team for Liverpool.

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Post by brencarr »

jjmatadormc wrote: 27 Oct 2018, 13:49 Hazard injury is a nuisance, all the Salah infidels get to bring him back in now for a cupcake match.

He's on the bench

Midlander
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Up the Villa

Post by Midlander »

Where is Josh King?!

Robertson only on the bench for Liverpool. Marvellous.

jjmatadormc
FISOhead
FS Record: Euro 2016 TFF Predictor Winner

Post by jjmatadormc »

brencarr wrote: 27 Oct 2018, 14:01 He's on the bench
That's what I figured

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

brencarr wrote: 27 Oct 2018, 14:01
jjmatadormc wrote: 27 Oct 2018, 13:49 Hazard injury is a nuisance, all the Salah infidels get to bring him back in now for a cupcake match.

He's on the bench
With Robertson :evil:

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

Suppose can temper it with the fact most people have him so not as painful as could be.

#graspingatstraws

joshchelseafc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by joshchelseafc »

Big call from klopp. No midweek game to worry about so this is purely a "its only cardiff" rotation. 99% certain it won't bite him on the backside but I hope it does

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

I made sure I had both ahead of the nailed on clean sheet against Cardiff. This game is a cruel mistress.

Midlander
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Midlander »

Any news on King and how long he's out for?

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man

Post by buttonphobic »

joshchelseafc wrote: 27 Oct 2018, 14:07 Big call from klopp. No midweek game to worry about so this is purely a "its only cardiff" rotation. 99% certain it won't bite him on the backside but I hope it does
klopp selecting a weakened team (Lovren, Moreno and Lallana - all liabilities) sums up why he may never win the prem. He revels in being the underdog and firing up his team, but you look at his selections and his subdued manner on the touch line against the lesser teams and you can see why the team often finds it hard to raise their game. Cardiff also have a bit of belief after their win last week.
If I was warnock I'd throw everything at Moreno and Lovren.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

A bit harsh on Lalla, if he can get close to how he played before the injury.

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man

Post by buttonphobic »

True, should have added 'at the moment' in his case.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

..and Lovren has been solid and kept CSs of late (as well as playing in the 2 biggest games of the summer) whilst Moreno was first choice Liverpool LB for a while (OK, none of us understood that - but he was!).

EDIT - In first minute of LFC commentary they have already suggested it is a good thing having Van Dijk as left sided CB so he can cover both Lovren and Moreno!
PS Liverpool apparently playing 4231 again with Salah up top.
Last edited by murf on 27 Oct 2018, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.

SPR
Dumbledore

Post by SPR »

Was tempted by Robertson :arrow: Pereyra but that would be a proper tinker.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Gomez was going to be my PVA and Tomkins replacement today. :?

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

Pereyra went in for me (as you know).

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

1-0 Salah (EDIT - seen it now - NO KCs, TAA cross then Mane and Wijno shots blocked)
Last edited by murf on 27 Oct 2018, 15:31, edited 3 times in total.

Midlander
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Midlander »

LenH wrote: 27 Oct 2018, 15:06 Pereyra went in for me (as you know).
I put him in for King aswell. Decent start.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”