To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFF Championship 2018/19

A forum for discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Games for the Football League (the Championship, League 1 & League 2)
BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Re: TFF Championship 2018/19

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Shotton is knee injury - out for unspecified amount of time at the moment.

Moore better not do that double sub again where he takes off Gayle and Rodriguez :evil:

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

jimmy ching wrote: 24 Oct 2018, 12:12
itslikebrandnew wrote: 24 Oct 2018, 08:16
BLOCKHEAD wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 22:28
itslikebrandnew wrote: 28 Sep 2018, 21:01 I went with Klich and Roberts, so guaranteed an assist and goal this week
Roberts scored so you'll probably move up a few places. A lot of the big hitters are misfiring at the moment.
In the top 140 but 150pts behind. I've kept away from doing transfers as i am going to go all or nothing with a block defence move from Boro to another team but not sure which one yet.
When QPR gave 7 to WBA, everybody scarpered. Take that odd result out, then their defence points start to look good.
QPR defensive block a very good differential if you jumped on a few games ago.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Did anyone go for Sharp as their Gayle replacement?

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 17:20
BLOCKHEAD wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 16:51
itslikebrandnew wrote: 03 Oct 2018, 16:28 Got a few goals and assists this week so back in the top 100. Still 150 off the leader.

I think it's getting to the stage where i need to take a gamble on a defensive block other than Boro.
Did you gamble? Boro leaking goals.
Nope :(
Boro defence starting to get really leaky - did you gamble yet?

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

BLOCKHEAD wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 19:35
itslikebrandnew wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 17:20
BLOCKHEAD wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 16:51
itslikebrandnew wrote: 03 Oct 2018, 16:28 Got a few goals and assists this week so back in the top 100. Still 150 off the leader.

I think it's getting to the stage where i need to take a gamble on a defensive block other than Boro.
Did you gamble? Boro leaking goals.
Nope :(
Boro defence starting to get really leaky - did you gamble yet?
I went Swansea which has finished me off for the season :cry:

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Seemed like a sensible gamble at the time - I did the same in my 2nd best team.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

I'm not sure any gamble is sensible at this stage :? If you already have the best defence why take them out at this stage?! You can gamble in April.

I know from the Sky forum Itslike is a bit of a loose cannon but that was nuts even for him ;)

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

Yes. For me at this stage it’s just about being close enough to maintain an interest in checking team news injuries suspensions etc. The time for a major gamble may come in March/April depending on play off/Fa cup situation. Or on the other hand maybe just the rotation of the big scoring strikers/midfielders and hoping one has more transfers left than those at the very top will prove the best strategy. Still have one team that I would consider in contention but seems quite a number of players have 4 or 5in the top 100 so may be tricky to reel them all in.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

My best team in top 10 has involved rotation of midfielders/strikers so far whilst switching to 3 at the back, which has given me a bit of an edge on the full Boro blocks and enabled me to make up some ground. Now the £10,000 question is whether to switch back to a full Boro block as they do have some appealing fixtures coming up? Not sure who to drop though as the front 7 are all performing well.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Jezza3 wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 07:35 Yes. For me at this stage it’s just about being close enough to maintain an interest in checking team news injuries suspensions etc. The time for a major gamble may come in March/April depending on play off/Fa cup situation. Or on the other hand maybe just the rotation of the big scoring strikers/midfielders and hoping one has more transfers left than those at the very top will prove the best strategy. Still have one team that I would consider in contention but seems quite a number of players have 4 or 5in the top 100 so may be tricky to reel them all in.
The Carabao Cup could also throw a spanner in the works if Boro were to reach the final - I make them strong favourites at home to Burton in the quarters.

juniors
Treebeard
FS Record: Won skysports f/football in the day of teletext , skysports formula 1. Daily mirror monthly winner, daily telegraph monthly winner, Daily Telgraph Championship 2017/18weekly winner 3 times

Post by juniors »

Got 2 teams just outside top 100. was in top 100, but drifted a little but held firm with my trannies

Not panicking just yet will go into xmas with plenty of trannies to use , hoping for a nice cup run , and some possible 3 for 1,s etc.

Merry Crimbo All

juniors
Treebeard
FS Record: Won skysports f/football in the day of teletext , skysports formula 1. Daily mirror monthly winner, daily telegraph monthly winner, Daily Telgraph Championship 2017/18weekly winner 3 times

Post by juniors »

I wonder how many burnt trannies yesterday with Sheff Utd flanges???
Looked a good opportunity, many with plenty of trannies did ,, but more important those with limited trannies might just have played them up,,, opps,

I did,, but have still have 20 plus in my top teams,, with over 30 in some in top 1500, best flanges,, i find come after teams knocked out (and replays), so next round is playtime .

Good luck all, although leaders might just take some pegging back.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Sheff Utd rested everyone against Barnet (hence the defeat) so there wasn't really an opportunity to be had unless you expected Sharp to score big from the bench.

Interesting to see which managers are taking the FA Cup seriously with future transfers in mind. Darren Moore clearly isn't as neither of my WBA players even made the matchday squad 😑

juniors
Treebeard

Post by juniors »

BLOCKHEAD wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 09:24 Sheff Utd rested everyone against Barnet (hence the defeat) so there wasn't really an opportunity to be had unless you expected Sharp to score big from the bench.

Interesting to see which managers are taking the FA Cup seriously with future transfers in mind. Darren Moore clearly isn't as neither of my WBA players even made the matchday squad 😑
Even a second string team , should wipe the floor with team 6 leagues below them, Agreed sheff Utd squad is not the deepest.

L Clarke and C Washington , are no mugs,, fact they just wanted this one out of the way to concentrate on a promotion push.

Bottom 5 in premier league not interested in cup, along with top 6 in championship,

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

I would think the opportunities for making significant ground due to the cup will be pretty limited. In the early rounds most teams seem to rest their main stars and by the time one gets to 5th and 6th round there are no replays and whichever championship teams are left are more likely to draw premier league opposition. I suppose the best opportunities to make ground might come late in the day when there may be the odd 3 - 0 just in league games with the odd team that missed out on matches on the 5th 6th round cup weekend due to the cup. I still have a reasonable number of transfers in the team I would consider in contention but will try to resist too much tinkering in the 4th round unless a really obvious move.

juniors
Treebeard

Post by juniors »

Jezza3 wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 10:05 I would think the opportunities for making significant ground due to the cup will be pretty limited. In the early rounds most teams seem to rest their main stars and by the time one gets to 5th and 6th round there are no replays and whichever championship teams are left are more likely to draw premier league opposition. I suppose the best opportunities to make ground might come late in the day when there may be the odd 3 - 0 just in league games with the odd team that missed out on matches on the 5th 6th round cup weekend due to the cup. I still have a reasonable number of transfers in the team I would consider in contention but will try to resist too much tinkering in the 4th round unless a really obvious move.
Agree, Boro, have a nice home tie, will help those still with boro blocks ,even if they only play 2 or 3 first choice defenders, good point about lack of replays later on this year.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Barnes has gone :shock:

Those who had him and Abraham will have been forced into using transfers as they return to their parent clubs.

First real daisychain opportunity with regards to the FA Cup came with Blackburn yesterday - but Mulgrew sat out injured, Graham was benched and Dack blanked so not really a missed opportunity for those who didn't bother.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

My bad - looks like Abraham is now staying at Villa.

juniors
Treebeard

Post by juniors »

First play at the weekly this season,

Finished top :D

Having won 3 weekly's last season, concentrating more on the season prize , although made some basic errors ,,,,

Think the leaders have a healthy lead, even if i have plenty of trannies in my top teams.

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Congrats.

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Bobbing along at 99th overall. 13th in the starting XI.

juniors
Treebeard

Post by juniors »

bloggie wrote: 23 Jan 2019, 20:44Congrats.
Thanks Bloggie,,

Rickymillington
Wideboy
FS Record: Won sun dream team euro 2016. 4th finish sun dream team

Post by Rickymillington »

How many transfers roughly should you have at this point? Iv got few teams in top 10 and 2nd overall all. Only my 2nd year playing so I'm not sure how many to save? I played championship last season and led for about 8 months. But dint realise play-off games counted and I had no transfers left ha. I won't be making same mistake this year. Ang advice be helpful

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

How many have you got left RM?

I remember you fell away badly at the end last year after being near the top all season. I flew past you with a side full of Fulham players in the play offs 8-) You were quite Cardiff heavy weren't you? You were a bit unlucky they got second, if they'd ended up in the play offs you might have got away with it (and if Fulham had nicked second I'd have been finished).

Last season most of the leaders were very Wolves heavy, throw in a couple of Cardiff and most people would have lost most of their team by the play offs. I'm guessing this year there's more of a spread and most people will have one or two from Middlesbrough/Norwich/West Brom/whoever ends up in the play offs so you can probably get away with saving fewer transfers for the very end.

Rickymillington
Wideboy

The guy who won it last seaaon had Paterson and Morrison from Cardiff. I had wolves defence but changed and brought 3 villa defence in around Feb which was a mistake. I have 17 left but not sure if enough or how many I'll need for playoffs. Everyone this season at top is Boro block. I made mistake again and changed some my teams around the top 10 from boro blocks to leeds and west brom.

Rickymillington
Wideboy

Is your team milkey Joe?

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

2nd with 17 left you are certainly in a great position. Some of the others around the top were early monthly attempts and will certainly fall away in the end. I thought I had one in contention but if you have 17 left they are almosst certainly too far back. Still a long way to go though and if middlesborough conceded goals in the last few weeks a correct block defence transfer could still make large inroads.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

Rickymillington wrote: 24 Jan 2019, 11:48 Is your team milkey Joe?
Yes. I'd say 17 in your position is good. I was hoping you had less. A lot less :lol:

I've got 18 in my best side but have wasted so many on various Shotton replacements, who get injured/dropped/crap and I have to waste another transfer including Shotton coming back in then straight out again. Frustrating.

Rickymillington
Wideboy

This time last year in my best team I had about 7 transfers left so Iv learned to not always transfer injured players out unless they miss more then 3 games. 18 in your best side can easily catch top spot. I no the guys team at top and he's used about 7 transfers past few weeks so he's burning through his. Yeah I agree about Middlesbrough conceding with there fixtuers coming up. But 2 my teams around top 10 I switched to wba and sheff utd defence so hoping I have that covered

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

Seeing as we are all declaring our transfers I have 21 left. Inside top 50 but too far back unless very lucky from here on in. Still hope for a money finish though especially as each manager can only win one of the top 10 prizes.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Football League (Championship & Leagues 1 & 2)”