To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFF chit chat 20th, 21st and 22nd October

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

SATURDAY 20TH OCTOBER

Chelsea 12:30 Man Utd

A big match to start with. Saturday's early fixture sees underdogs Manchester United travel to Jose's old stomping ground to take on a revitalised Chelsea side. Hazard is approaching must-have status whereas several Utd players are almost mustn't-haves.

Bournemouth 15:00 Southampton

The first of the 3pm matches is a South Coast derby. Southampton travel from deepest darkest Hampshire to deepest darkest Dorset to tackle the Cherries. Bournemouth are still in the top 6 and have Wilson, Fraser, King and Brooks to thank. Southampton haven't really got going yet this season.

Cardiff 15:00 Fulham

To the Cardiff stadium now where Cardiff welcome fellow Premier League newbies to Cardiff. Both teams are dangerously close to a swift return to whence they came, a win today would actually catapult Cardiff above Fulham. Naughty Joe Ralls is suspended for this one, I'll have to have words with his mum!

Man City 15:00 Burnley

Manchester next where Burnley are taking a trip to the Ethiad to face table-topping Manchester City. KDB is waiting in the wings to further strengthen this City side. Burnley's form has improved recently and Vokes has scored a couple of late.

Newcastle 15:00 Brighton

At St James’ Park, Brighton are the visitors. Both teams are in need of points but Brighton's Glenn Murray could single-handedly swing the tie in the Seagulls favourite. The Toon were unlucky not to beat Man U last time out - can they put in a similar performance today?

West Ham 15:00 Tottenham

Laurel and Hardy - A London Derby! Spurs have plateaued a bit recently and are not helped by injury problems and a perceived dip in Harry's door blowing off ability. The Hammers have in-form Arnautovic to hopefully drag them up the table.

Wolves 15:00 Watford

A W derby next featuring Wolverhampton Wanderers versus Watford. Wonderful... Wolves are the best of the promoted teams and Watford, after an impressive start to the season, have slipped to mid-table. Well, who will win?

Huddersfield 17:30 Liverpool

Saturday's late fixture see Klopp up against Klopp-lite. Liverpool have had a fine start to the season whereas Uddersfield have had the opposite (though they did score a goal in their previous match). Rumours abound of multiple injuries to Liverpool players sustained over the IB.

SUNDAY 21ST OCTOBER

Everton 16:00 Crystal Palace

Just the one Sunday game this week featuring enigmatic Everton up against the conundrum that is Crystal Palace. Talismanic striker Wilf Zaha is out injured so don't expect a Palace victory. Everton's form player is Siggy complete with his spiders – a real blast from the past.

MONDAY 22ND OCTOBER

Arsenal 20:00 Leicester

And finally, the MNF which this M features Arsenal taking on Leicester at the Emirates. By all accounts Leicester are to pair Harry Maguire with an inflatable unicorn as an unlikely centre back duo. Arsenal have stealthy moved into the top 6 thanks mainly to their attacking duo of Auba and Laca.

Eddie Elbows
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 400 finisher TFF 2007/8, 2010/11 and TFF World Cup 2010

Re: TFF chit chat 20th, 21st and 22nd October

Post by Eddie Elbows »

Welcome back Morgan, welcome back everybody. Laurel & Hardy?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Eddie Elbows wrote: 19 Oct 2018, 10:49Laurel & Hardy?
Born in Georgia and Cumbria respectively, hence the London derby reference. Wibble.

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

murf wrote: 19 Oct 2018, 11:47
Eddie Elbows wrote: 19 Oct 2018, 10:49Laurel & Hardy?
Born in Georgia and Cumbria respectively, hence the London derby reference. Wibble.
My attempt at Cockney Rhyming Slang - Laurel and Hardy = London Derby (probably not my best!)

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Hope you didn't think I was getting all Laurel* there!

(* = Laurel and Hardy = mardy, another attempt at rhyming slang)

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

Question: will anyone consider a transfer if KDB starts tomorrow?

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

Darbyand wrote: 19 Oct 2018, 12:58 Question: will anyone consider a transfer if KDB starts tomorrow?
Perhaps just a sprinkling for me (subject to line up news). Only where I have Bsilva and enough cash or Mane doesn’t start. It doesn’t feel compelling to me but my problem always has been that I’m seldom first on the band wagon....

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

Not for me, not yet anyway. If Salah keeps under performing though could well be considered.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I have a few ways into KdB, but not yet unless\until one of them gets injured\suspended.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Darbyand wrote:Question: will anyone consider a transfer if KDB starts tomorrow?
Great player but I struggled to get Hazard in and now I need space for similar.

Were Salah properly broken.......

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

murf wrote: 19 Oct 2018, 18:08 Were Salah properly broken.......
What's your view on him this season? (As much the real stuff as opposed to just FF.)

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

blahblah wrote:
murf wrote: 19 Oct 2018, 18:08 Were Salah properly broken.......
What's your view on him this season? (As much the real stuff as opposed to just FF.)
Below par but the whole attack has been a bit flat (after flattering to deceive in first game or two). Still cheap for who he is (can be?) and if he finds his mojo you don't want him in your mate's team but not yours.

KdB may well not start and certainly won't play 90 so not a better option. Yet.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yep to flat: I put it down to the solid midfield 3 ie no Lala, Cout type of player and Keita hasn't deserved the plaudits, imho. Also the front 3 seem very static as opposed to the fluidity of last season, it has looked very much Salah right, Bobby central and selfish bstd Mane left. (The only fluidity is Bobby dropping deep so not really CF.)

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

blahblah wrote:Yep to flat: I put it down to the solid midfield 3 ie no Lala, Cout type of player and Keita hasn't deserved the plaudits, imho. Also the front 3 seem very static as opposed to the fluidity of last season, it has looked very much Salah right, Bobby central and selfish bstd Mane left. (The only fluidity is Bobby dropping deep so not really CF.)
I think it is that slight lack of confidence that slows the movement and passing and decreases the accuracy of balls by just enough to stop the fluidity. Bobby has always dropped deep especially when things are getting bogged down so no change there. On the plus side, Lallana is back and Shaqiri and Sturridge have looked good so maybe some new blood will tweak things and kick the 'safe' front 3's butts.

I've liked Keita. Seems more dynamic than Milner/Hendo/Wijno so can make stuff happen. Irrelevant though as now injured....

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Obviously (I hope) I'm not saying Keita is pants, but I think he needs some Fab\Robbo time ie not playing for a few months and then being very good. Preseason Fab looked good to me and the matches were going on around Keita. Admittedly he did look OK when he has played in the Prem, but I sense A LOT more to come ie if Lalla were fit or Cout still there then he would be treated the same. (I posted somewhere about a return to the Liverpool of olde with players "learning the Lpool way" before playing, as Pep is at it too?)

I agree re Sturridge slightly more than Shaqiri. Could Bobby play a "10" role? (I have an aversion to the even numbers being thrown around as 4, 6 and 8 are meaningless to me, lol.) This is where you tell me Cout\Lalla were 8's? Two DM's then Salah, Bobby and Saq behind Sturridge could be fun?

re confidence: do you mean Salah's lack of goals? Although he has same\similar to last season, but the expectation level has risen and people have forgotten his misses from last season? I think it is more Mane and not passing or passing too late etc. Attacks seem to break down when he gets the ball.. did that happen last season, but hidden by the volume of goals scored by the others?

joshchelseafc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by joshchelseafc »

Anyonr considering getting rid of wan bissaka? Even at that price with the fixtures they have for 2 months its not promising. Or is he just a stick at that price no matter what?

Gonzague
FISOhead

Post by Gonzague »

joshchelseafc wrote: 20 Oct 2018, 07:23 Anyonr considering getting rid of wan bissaka? Even at that price with the fixtures they have for 2 months its not promising. Or is he just a stick at that price no matter what?
Yes, tempted to go to Coady for Wan myself

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 32nd TFF 2014-15 (Single entrant)

Post by Yard of Grass »

joshchelseafc wrote: 20 Oct 2018, 07:23 Anyonr considering getting rid of wan bissaka? Even at that price with the fixtures they have for 2 months its not promising. Or is he just a stick at that price no matter what?
As you say bad fixtures and Palace not exactly on a roll. He is value at that price but until Christmas Wolves, or even Brighton, look to provide no worse an option and probably an upside against W-B. I intend to really push the boat out and will be swapping him for Mendy, with Kane to Firmino as the makeweight!

Always Next Year
Treebeard

Post by Always Next Year »

Disappointing to see J.King a doubt today, was on a nice bit of form.

Dont think its a long term injury, so will leave this week.

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

Chelsea Kepa, Azpilicueta, Rüdiger, David Luiz, Alonso, Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante, Willian, Hazard, Morata

Man Utd: De Gea; Young, Lindelöf, Smalling, Shaw; Matić, Pogba; Mata, Martial, Rashford; Lukaku

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

Alexis benched again (not that it matters for 96.7% of players) with his Newcastle goal not registering sufficiently with Jose to get him in the starting 11.

The kryptonite effect of his transfer to United now exceeds the Torres move to Chelsea imo. I liked pretty much everything about Sanchez at Arsenal (going forward anyway). Even allowing for drastically different tactics, it’s a head scratcher.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Pogba summed up.

Complete liability.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Maldini wrote:Pogba summed up. Liability.
Loved his little strop after it went in!

1-0 Rudiger (will.i.an, Pogba)

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Post by brencarr »

Jamjack wrote: 20 Oct 2018, 12:20 Alexis benched again (not that it matters for 96.7% of players) with his Newcastle goal not registering sufficiently with Jose to get him in the starting 11.

The kryptonite effect of his transfer to United now exceeds the Torres move to Chelsea imo. I liked pretty much everything about Sanchez at Arsenal (going forward anyway). Even allowing for drastically different tactics, it’s a head scratcher.
I was wondering to myself earlier - I wonder how Sanchez & Giroud feel about leaving Arsenal

SPR
Dumbledore

Post by SPR »

How can a player that was key to a World Cup win make such elementary mistakes?

Sanchez only just got back from international duty, came straight to London.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

1-1 Martial (unlikely Rashford & Young. Deflection)

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

City XI | Ederson, Laporte, Kompany (C), Stones, Mendy, Fernandinho, Silva, Mahrez, Sane, Bernardo, Aguero

Subs | Muric, Sterling, De Bruyne, Otamendi, Jesus, Zinchenko, Foden

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Goal - MARTIAL
Assist - RASHFORD

Chelsea 1-2 Man Utd (73 mins)

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

brencarr wrote:Goal - MARTIAL
Assist - RASHFORD

Chelsea 1-2 Man Utd (73 mins)
KCs - Rashford & probably Mata

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Ross Barkley to the rescue and a bit of a fracas in the dug-outs .... it's good to have the Premier league back

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”