To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFF 2018/19

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
Dumbledore

Re: TFF 2018/19

Post by 12345678 »

Darkish wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 22:38
12345678 wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 20:10
lets make myself extremely clear once an for all why i am posting this and what my thoughts are.

i believe defensive rotation is boring and the ONLY way to realistically win tff world cup/european cup games and almost certain to figure in tff champions league. re epl if transfers increase then for the reasons outlined above they are best used on defensive rotation. note i am not saying you can't win tff epl without defensive rotation but i am saying it is considerably more likely to be a factor in future as the rules stand. (not even saying it couldn't happen in the past -andy edwards did it once on a key block rotation that reaped huge rewards)

re your figures you would be right if the average premium striker scored double the average defender, however look at the figures quoted above in the thread and tell me how likely that is to happen! you are correct re the relationship you outline but this needs to be calculated to show the real effect not just a figure of x2 put in the air which is not representative of the state of play.

because most want to play goalscorers the average player will do less well and take up less of the top 100 leaderboard as they will stick to the tried and tested old formula, that no longer works. if the game is boring and becomes more of a regular tff top 100 players game they will lose entries. i'm not certain what will happen in that respect as it will vary from year to year on the odd freak score/freak pricing. what i am saying is that in an average year that is where we are heading.

it's all very well and good adding transfers for webpage hits etc but if players withdraw/reduce entries it is not without a real cost, the ultimate being the games disappearance which i believe they are hinting at in the last survey.

so basically i am not moaning but saying the game is becoming more and more about defence rather than offence. i believe most players will a) find it boring and b) do less well because they fail to appreciate it. in turn i think that will lead to falling entries which may herald the end of the game. if you disagree with my take on the figures and implications of them that is fine but don't tell me i am moaning and pushing forward my own preferences when i am outlining where i believe we are now and where we are going. examples of double scores for premium strikers over premium defenders are simply unrealistic https://fantasysports.org.uk/tff2017-2018
I understand and agree about short-term comps and I don't mind awarding defence anyway.

This is about the upcoming EPL. I accept defenders are better value when setting up your team. However, when making a transfer you should be getting an extra game for that player. The points per game for the top strikers last year was
Aubameyang, P 7.00
Aguero, S 6.75
Kane, H 6.15
Lukaku, R 5.43
Firmino, R 5.00

Alonso only scores 5.11 per match, the next best Chelsea defender is Rudiger at 4.7.

You are better of using transfers between top strikers than block defence, as the season is long enough to use the transfers wisely. Maybe you'll enjoy the season more now and do slightly better (I know you are a good player and better than me) by doing attacking transfers rather than be stuck in your negative mindset.
great to see you looking at figures now and taking a wider view, the aubamayang figures are unlikely to be maintained, the scores were from a limited sample and all end of season where some teams scoring tends to increase. you will also note aguero played less games than usual, you might want to look at the top defenders and top strikers in the previous year or two aswell, say 3 years of scores for each of the premium strikers (if playing that long) and same with premium defenders. you will also note that firmino is actually behind alonso (despite being much more expensive) and that one of the most popular regular players in lukaku is only just ahead of him and even the defensively minded and positioned rudiger in a chelsea defence that didnt even reach a champions league place is hardly slaughtered by them either. there will be opportunities to transfer top strikers and i will certainly be looking to cash in on them as and when i can, what i am saying is that the multiplication of a good defensive run will outweigh striker transfers, so say you switch your defence with 5 players three times and do well out of it you may find 25 transfers for everything else (injuries/bargains in/premium striker rotations) is sufficient and that trying to burn another 15 on striker rotations simply doesn't hit the target enough to ward off say 3x defensive switches. obviously you are not comparing the very best striker rotation options with defensive rotations and you might only rotate the whole defence once or twice but i don't think a team with no defensive rotations is likely to win this year, whilst conceding that they just could if no strong defensive runs happen.

every year will vary of course but i still maintain the game is now more about clean sheets than goals!

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I'm am far off being as serious about this as andy: but here goes

there is no point having icing (fwds and mids) with no cake(defs).

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

quizking wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 21:56 Hello to all, and cheer up andy! Thought would take a break from the proms to add some info and opinion;

Firstly, the mirror stopped running ff at end of 16/17 (even though you might still see a mirror logo on some app sites for FiT and indeed on some of FiT's own pages, they are slack at updating), and the mail used FiT last term (and for their world cup game this time around), but even that relationship hasn't worked out. Both mirror and mail have suggested (well, I asked them directly) that they might be back with new games this season; no indication of providers or maybe even in-house, but I would think more likely that games will return seeing as there is increased interest in football and hence perhaps ff thanks to the england relative success in world cup this year. Newspapers and indeed many other businesses, media and otherwise, will I'm sure be looking to jump on that bandwagon.

Some time ago I looked back on the forum to find a quote from andy saying how he would most likely stop playing ff, would cut down his number of entries and the whole game was sure to die soon. Found it (will still be there somewhere, and there were similar quotes before this iteration of fiso), saying exactly the same in 2006 - then andy was referring to ofl, which as a company is still just about holding on 12 years later, only doing auction games but carried on with their regular ff game until season before last anyway.

The "threat" to ff from daily fantasy games hasn't materialised imho - almost all new companies having been killed off by draftkings who seem to have a control of that market, though others may know differently (and legal status of betting in the US may soon pull the rug from much of draftkings main market as well).

I would guess that ff newspaper games will still be around for a little while yet - or at least for as long as the print presses are running; the newspapers themselves have lost % sales more than they have % ff players.
good to hear from you again and back to the old grounds of our ribbing ;)

i won't comment on individual games, i've given up most as i said i would because they don't exist any more ;) have a look at the archived forums!

yep i've reduced my entry in sdt (forced) and tff (through choice) and still play sky, there isn't much left compared to 10 years ago! so all the other entries have gone!

c'mon ofl is dead! ;) it's been dying for years, who even owns it now?, just a very small hobby type auction game compared to the many games they ran in their heyday, even the providers steve, where are clever.tv now? surely you aren't going to tell me that gfm employing a couple of their old employees doesn't mean they have survived! ofl gone in reality, the overseas guys who ran the metro nothing this year as far as i know. the awful S&M that morphed into chroma and usually turned up with extras in the world cup where are they?

i'd be pleased if the mirror or mail came back with something good, can't see it but it wouldn't be the greatest shock i have ever had, but surely you won't count a £5k type FiT prize where you have to pay £100 for your season's transfers as proof they are alive n kicking n back in the game?

true though that i thought i might have packed up completely and haven't, sometimes just the way things turn out, although to be fair my main game last year was yahoo DFS who have now banned uk players.

i think the threat is from within, DFS is to me a different entity same way betting on football is. the issue is as you say the dominance of DK, who knows what loony laws trump may introduce re gambling at any moment!

DFS doesn't appeal much in the uk for two reasons as far as i can see, 1) a few firms have folded so folk are wary of them holding their cash 2) bookies margins on football are pretty tight. DK charge a 10% rake against the best players and 15% against more of a mix effectively. the games are more entertaining than you might think but the rakes are awful compared to the bookies percentage takes.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

blahblah wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 23:16 I'm am far off being as serious about this as andy: but here goes

have you been talking to cantona about this?

Canaryfan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF Best Finish: 28th

Post by Canaryfan »

mindcrush wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 15:10 So what are people's thoughts on blocks for early in the season? Everton seem a prime candidate with their schedule and the fact none of Thier defence went to the WC (only Pickford). Only issue is who starts next to Keane at CB.
After their opening 22-0 win yesterday I'm going big on Everton this season - what could possibly go wrong? :mrgreen:

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

Canaryfan wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 23:26
mindcrush wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 15:10 So what are people's thoughts on blocks for early in the season? Everton seem a prime candidate with their schedule and the fact none of Thier defence went to the WC (only Pickford). Only issue is who starts next to Keane at CB.
After their opening 22-0 win yesterday I'm going big on Everton this season - what could possibly go wrong? :mrgreen:
at least you haven't been talking to cantona just having a few drinks :lol:

just think if they had mina playing in that game it could have been 28-0 :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

12345678 wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 23:24
blahblah wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 23:16 I'm am far off being as serious about this as andy: but here goes

have you been talking to cantona about this?
Did I mention Sardines and tomatoes? :lol:

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

mainly @andy, as ever (?!!) ...

We might be at cross purposes on some topics - i'm very much against the FiT way of running ff (for those not aware, they run games mostly on apps only, and players can pay to have an extra transfer per week, in effect making prizes only available to those willing to pay every week).
Yes i've already said the proper ofl game finished last year - I have no interest in auction games.
As to "where are they" re sm/chroma, the latest version of their company afaik is at 3 london bridge st, the news building - main office in melbourne and supposedly one in new york too, but can only find them running games in oz of late, plus the irish times golf game.
Whatever, ff changes, recall maybe 17 years ago there was a supposed £1m ff prize game?! (around the time of the original fiso site I think) - that never materialised. Other companies have come and gone, including a brief attempt of my own to set up an interesting ff game business back in the day. But tff still has 250k teams, sun over 1m, sky 600k, and fpl (which barely existed when this forum started original version) now claims nearly 6m users - even if lots of those might be from multiple user accounts set up for betting purposes in egypt, so it goes.
As for your earlier views re defence blocks etc,. it's putting the cart before the horse. Good luck to anyone who can predict a block defence keeping twelve clean sheets in a row, or indeed predicting a striker nailing three hattricks in four weeks. Either could work and both have done in the past, stats might suggest that moving defence blocks would work with the current tff point system, but then if more penalties are awarded, VAR introduced, or clean sheets made less frequent for whatever reason, then it's back to square one as there won't be clean sheet points any more.
At least the forum seems to be livelier, but in the meanwhile another bottle of red is calling, so all the best ..
steve

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

Interesting thread and obviously all very complex. For me there Is another issues re block changes which needs to be factored in -rotation. This is purely anacdotal without ref to stats but if feels certain premium strikers eg Kane Lukaku are at less risk of rotation than certain defenders eg trippier therefore certainly last year block change defence including Spurs defenders ( perhaps also Man Utd as always difficult to predict mourihno) are tricky. However it has also felt over the last few years there have been less thrashing’s of the smaller clubs by the top 6 ( perhaps I should say top 7 as I am a Burnley fan). Again I may be wrong about this as have not looked into the stats yet but putting up a solid wall of defence seems more productive for the minnows than it did a few years ago. They may still lose but not by the wide margins as previously.The premium striker rotation for “easy fixtures” is therefore also likely to produce a lower return than in times gone by. I suppose it’s all about balance and hoping you hit the right moves at the right times.

Darkish
Treebeard
FS Record: Hit the top 50k this year in FPL

Post by Darkish »

12345678 wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 23:03 great to see you looking at figures now and taking a wider view, the aubamayang figures are unlikely to be maintained, the scores were from a limited sample and all end of season where some teams scoring tends to increase. you will also note aguero played less games than usual, you might want to look at the top defenders and top strikers in the previous year or two aswell, say 3 years of scores for each of the premium strikers (if playing that long) and same with premium defenders. you will also note that firmino is actually behind alonso (despite being much more expensive) and that one of the most popular regular players in lukaku is only just ahead of him and even the defensively minded and positioned rudiger in a chelsea defence that didnt even reach a champions league place is hardly slaughtered by them either. there will be opportunities to transfer top strikers and i will certainly be looking to cash in on them as and when i can, what i am saying is that the multiplication of a good defensive run will outweigh striker transfers, so say you switch your defence with 5 players three times and do well out of it you may find 25 transfers for everything else (injuries/bargains in/premium striker rotations) is sufficient and that trying to burn another 15 on striker rotations simply doesn't hit the target enough to ward off say 3x defensive switches. obviously you are not comparing the very best striker rotation options with defensive rotations and you might only rotate the whole defence once or twice but i don't think a team with no defensive rotations is likely to win this year, whilst conceding that they just could if no strong defensive runs happen.

every year will vary of course but i still maintain the game is now more about clean sheets than goals!
Its always fine to say "I maintain....." with no evidence. All the games I see have a bias towards defence (which is fine) - so I agree that that is the same here. I think we agree that on a one for one basis a forward is a better transfer than a defender.

The issue is with block defence transfers, this is because defenders are correlated in their scoring so one block transfer can yield 5 x 5 points for the c/s and gain 25 points and that is difficult to achieve by using 5 transfers on a striker. To me it's not that difficult as there are lots of games where teams are expected to score 2.8 goals or more. A decent striker will score 30-40% of teams goals in the matches they play and have 5-10% of assists (more goals usually less assists). So the expected return on a transfer would be 2.8 * (5 x 0.3 + 3 x 0.1) = 5.04 so the 5 transfers used on forwards would give you an expected yield of 5.04 x 5 = 25.2, so you would expect to do better using a transfer with the strikers. Of course this is the expected outcome and there will be times you get less and other times you get more. So you can have fun and do well,

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

probably reached the end of the chat now, glad it developed into some figures and something positive rather than baseless mudslinging that puts me and no doubt others off large forums.

@steve i can't even remember the name of the £1M game now premier something? i was told they did pay out but only ran it once. re ofl yes they only finished officially in standard ff games recently but the number of games in house had dramatically reduced years ago and the ones run for other outfits which included telegraph and times plus the online ones for bookies, champions league games finished many years ago, so many games gone. i particularly liked the star game. i don't think you can say my claims that games would go were too far from the mark, we have never had less and now the providers aren't there for regrowth. looking forward to all those 'NEW GAMES' you are predicting ;)

@jezza yeah with some teams full rotation doesn't work as some wing backs are rotated.

@darkish it's more complex as i guess you are starting to realise by looking at the figures that underpin the game. probably way too hard to give a precise formula and variable season to season in terms of the 'actual results'. that said i have a feeling that whilst you are getting there that your confidence in using ALL 'premium strikers' switches that used to be spot on has been shaken a little. i am just saying that whilst you are correct that marginally a striker transfer gains slightly over a defensive transfer i believe this cannot be looked at in splendid isolation, structure of the team and defensive multiplication of hits has an effect even in tff epl now. the more transfers you have the more it will be the case, the less you have the less it will be the case.

re tff i stand by my assertion that the world cup type game is near ruined and the CL game severely damaged by the tedium of chasing clean sheets. epl the effect isn't anywhere near as damaging it has just shifted the way you should play it a bit, i think the difference is small enough that you could win without a defensive rotation but that you have a better chance with 1 to 3. my worry is particularly that anyone playing tff WC/CL may be put off tff epl even though the structure of it means the tedium factor is really watered down compared to the 'short run' games.

Darkish
Treebeard

Post by Darkish »

12345678 wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 10:13 @darkish it's more complex as i guess you are starting to realise by looking at the figures that underpin the game. probably way too hard to give a precise formula and variable season to season in terms of the 'actual results'. that said i have a feeling that whilst you are getting there that your confidence in using ALL 'premium strikers' switches that used to be spot on has been shaken a little. i am just saying that whilst you are correct that marginally a striker transfer gains slightly over a defensive transfer i believe this cannot be looked at in splendid isolation, structure of the team and defensive multiplication of hits has an effect even in tff epl now. the more transfers you have the more it will be the case, the less you have the less it will be the case.

re tff i stand by my assertion that the world cup type game is near ruined and the CL game severely damaged by the tedium of chasing clean sheets. epl the effect isn't anywhere near as damaging it has just shifted the way you should play it a bit, i think the difference is small enough that you could win without a defensive rotation but that you have a better chance with 1 to 3. my worry is particularly that anyone playing tff WC/CL may be put off tff epl even though the structure of it means the tedium factor is really watered down compared to the 'short run' games.
I think you miss understood a few points. The striker transfer can on average be slightly better than a defender even if he was a cert to get a clean sheet (eg against somebody who had multiple teams).

I'm also not wedded to the idea of only having striker transfers, this was a response to you saying this game is just about having block defence transfers and so no fun. This is not the case, but then your only defence is I think this .....

Of course it has to be considered in relation to team balance and team structure, but since you don't wish to say what you are doing here then that is put to one side for this discussion.

This thread is about the coming season not the fun short tournies like the WC. You gave your views in that section so please drop it. No anybody who played the WC would have had fun having loads of transfers and being interested. They don't know how the top teams did so well and if they figures it out they would then realise how teams should be set up for the season ahead.

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Ah, premierwin, 3 entries per person I think, made sure that paid entries didn't cover the prize pot.

Don't think I've ever recovered from the collapse of Teamboss, put so much effort into that for it only to fold a few months in, with me in the lead :twisted: Got a few hundred out of monthlies along the way, but really believed (at the time) that the £10k winner's cheque had my name on it.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

Darkish wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 18:32
12345678 wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 10:13 @darkish it's more complex as i guess you are starting to realise by looking at the figures that underpin the game. probably way too hard to give a precise formula and variable season to season in terms of the 'actual results'. that said i have a feeling that whilst you are getting there that your confidence in using ALL 'premium strikers' switches that used to be spot on has been shaken a little. i am just saying that whilst you are correct that marginally a striker transfer gains slightly over a defensive transfer i believe this cannot be looked at in splendid isolation, structure of the team and defensive multiplication of hits has an effect even in tff epl now. the more transfers you have the more it will be the case, the less you have the less it will be the case.

I think you miss understood a few points. The striker transfer can on average be slightly better than a defender even if he was a cert to get a clean sheet (eg against somebody who had multiple teams).

I'm also not wedded to the idea of only having striker transfers, this was a response to you saying this game is just about having block defence transfers and so no fun. This is not the case, but then your only defence is I think this .....

Of course it has to be considered in relation to team balance and team structure, but since you don't wish to say what you are doing here then that is put to one side for this discussion.

This thread is about the coming season not the fun short tournies like the WC. You gave your views in that section so please drop it. No anybody who played the WC would have had fun having loads of transfers and being interested. They don't know how the top teams did so well and if they figures it out they would then realise how teams should be set up for the season ahead.
agreed let's drop it. i take it back you didn't understand what i was saying re transfers or the relationship between various forms of tff games and impact thereon.

GL this season, look forward to playing against you and the rest of the field.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

Vid wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 19:17 Ah, premierwin, 3 entries per person I think, made sure that paid entries didn't cover the prize pot.

Don't think I've ever recovered from the collapse of Teamboss, put so much effort into that for it only to fold a few months in, with me in the lead :twisted: Got a few hundred out of monthlies along the way, but really believed (at the time) that the £10k winner's cheque had my name on it.
well remembered dave!

lots of games gone, not only that but less games from tff of real value and note, used to really enjoy the cricket games! the specialist tffo players are still in mourning ;)

anyways we have 3 outfits left in terms of decent prizes and looks like tff are running the championship again, not sure if the prizes will be crushed or not, almost hope they will as i won't be tempted to play then :lol:

Darkish
Treebeard

Post by Darkish »

12345678 wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 21:30
agreed let's drop it. i take it back you didn't understand what i was saying re transfers or the relationship between various forms of tff games and impact thereon.

GL this season, look forward to playing against you and the rest of the field.
How can you say drop it and then ask a question. I understand perfectly the differences between league and WC. You just want to go on about the world cup and nobody else here does as this is about the upcoming season. The world cup is what it is a fun 4 week comp. If you want to win you play a high variance strategy and know how to use it - if you don't enjoy it don't play and watch the game on tv.

You seem to get depressed about the game and want it changed to suit you, but nobody else does. Most people and casuals play for mini leagues against mates and side leagues and don't really go after the one big prize. I want loads of transfers to interact with the game, it makes it fun. I will enjoy the season with my 2 or 3 teams and hope to win a few quid, but if not that will be fine.

Hope you enjoy the season whichever path you take.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

@ darkish as i say best of luck.

think we both agree it would be a shame if the game closes in the next couple of years, let's hope it doesn't!

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Back to tff details; note that the game page link that samD posted on page one of this thread now no longer mentions the early bird offer for those already having a season ticket for 2018/19. Additionally, i'm still waiting on action from telegraph towers as am being asked to pay for another season ticket, despite having bought one for this season at the start of the world cup (so as to get the early bird offer for that comp).
I suspect that the offer mentioned in the original post has been withdrawn, and/or was never enabled on the payment system anyway. Looking at fb and twitter (ugh) feeds suggests that tff have issues with their system, not sorted yet. They "hope" to have championship game up by the weekend as well. Lots going on.

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Vid wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 19:17 Ah, premierwin, 3 entries per person I think, made sure that paid entries didn't cover the prize pot.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2001/ ... a.internet

Tom D'Arcy
Wideboy
FS Record: Playing since 1998 ~ 1st TFF Cheque arrived in 2018...

Post by Tom D'Arcy »

quizking wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 22:26 Back to tff details; note that the game page link that samD posted on page one of this thread now no longer mentions the early bird offer for those already having a season ticket for 2018/19. Additionally, i'm still waiting on action from telegraph towers as am being asked to pay for another season ticket, despite having bought one for this season at the start of the world cup (so as to get the early bird offer for that comp).
I suspect that the offer mentioned in the original post has been withdrawn, and/or was never enabled on the payment system anyway. Looking at fb and twitter (ugh) feeds suggests that tff have issues with their system, not sorted yet. They "hope" to have championship game up by the weekend as well. Lots going on.
Getting the impression, that the TFF computer system problem is more widespread than being reported. For me it has "forgotten" various credits I had left over when I renewed the season ticket pre-world cup. A family member ( we play/combat against each other) reports her email is no longer valid. She has been playing for years. TFF released details on Twitter, https://www.telegraph.co.uk/fantasy-spo ... rd-issues/ which although appear comprehensive are not working in all cases. I have given up re-entering, setting up new passwords ( I think 7 times ) I guess many other disgruntled players have not/yet aired their grievances online.

In the same ballpark, a written communication from the gang running the game was very amateurish, to put it mildly :roll:
Is it the weather :P

jjmatadormc
FISOhead
FS Record: Euro 2016 TFF Predictor Winner

Post by jjmatadormc »

Meh, I can't be bothered this year bar doing a few teams. Prize fund is rubbish unless you somehow win it.

Can't blame them really, TFF used to exist to get people to buy the newspaper, but obviously that's not a factor anymore.

Do you reckon they clear 100K profit from the whole thing?

The One League stuff is ridiculous, they've done this format before and iirc they ended up with 3000 people paying £5 for a total prize of £2500, I remember emailing them and they somehow couldn't comprehend how unacceptable this was.

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

The world cup credits thing, I was under the impression from previous issues at the beginning of the world cup it was use them or lose them?

gio
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 16/17 21K, 17/18 17K, 18/19 600K, 19/20 2K
TFF 17/18 2000, 18/19 500, 19/20 2000
TFF WC18 81st

Post by gio »

robot wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 07:18 The world cup credits thing, I was under the impression from previous issues at the beginning of the world cup it was use them or lose them?
I don't think so Robot, those credits were advertised as use for worldcup or next season. I got that preworldcup early bird offer, and I still have the season ticket and the remaining credits I didn't use, which I already used for creating my premier league teams.

So if this is not the case for someone, complain to telegraph because this is surely an error

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

Yes I may off imagined that, used all mine so doesn't effect me.

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

robot wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 08:00 Yes I may off imagined that, used all mine so doesn't effect me.
It was definitely advertised as use them for wc or this coming season, I kept 5 and still have them (used 3 so far for pl game).

5 is all I'm doing also

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Why are you all entering early?

I never do. TFF always has issues early doors. I (and they) rely on you kind folks beta testing it for them.

muffler
Red & Blue Braces

Post by muffler »

muffler wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 13:53
robot wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 09:43
robot wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 08:54
Mystery wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 08:14 One free team
Then either 2 more for £5 or 5 for £10
Then blocks available for between £2.50 and £5 per team.

Hard to imagine me doing more than 6
Ive just had a quick look and its 8 extra teans for £9. 99 then the same as last year :?
Just re read it and there is a different figure in "the game" section, 8 for £9.99 early bird compared to the terms and conditions which says 5.

I'm going to hang back after the free team as it has the hallmarks off a cock up regarding the early bird.
Quite right. I've just now paid the £4.99 for three additional teams but have received just two. I've contacted TFL to request the additional team....

Just now received this response from TFL-

Telegraph Fantasy Football 2018
Ticket Number: XXXX
Category: Payment Enquiry

Dear Mr XXXXXX

Unfortunately there is no early bird offer in the Premier League, the offer that you saw was a mistake and should not have been displayed on the website.

I can only apologise for this error, if you would like a refund for your payment, then please let me know and I can set this up. It will not be possible to add any additional credits to your account I'm afraid.

Please do not reply directly to this email as I will not receive it I'm afraid, it will go directly to a 'no-replies' address. You need to send a new email each time on the Contact Us section of the website, please also add the ticket number of this email.

Regards

Ian

Please go to fantasyfootball.telegraph.co.uk and click on 'Contact us' if you have any more queries.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Sending a new email is the icing on the cake of "we foooked up, foook off"

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

murf wrote:Why are you all entering early?

I never do. TFF always has issues early doors. I (and they) rely on you kind folks beta testing it for them.
Because of needing to set up leagues for the good folk of FISO in my case

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

ian is a good guy, been there a very long time. shame re the early offers, just seem to be more and more of these foul ups re offers sadly. would be nice to know the real rules re key contributions too and the inconsistencies cut out. i fear that isn't going to happen! still a decent game but overtaken by the free sdt game in my view.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”